IMG_1559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1562 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230922_102602476 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102548767 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102557917 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #163 Rubber Ring list from bestofpinball.de Posted by gismo31 (6 years ago)

Post #302 Link to Purchase new Reproduction Crossover Ramp. Posted by PPS (6 years ago)

Post #343 New Crossover Ramp in trans red, clear, and trans yellow. Posted by PPS (6 years ago)

Post #356 Crossover ramp diagram missing from manual. Posted by EdisonArcade (6 years ago)

Post #370 Crossover ramp hardware required. Posted by dozer1 (6 years ago)

Post #376 More ramp diagrams missing from the manual. Posted by provato (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#119 6 years ago

Put me down for a cross-over ramp. I'm shopping one for a friend and he needs one. I also need the ramp on the right side replaced.

I have one question on this game... is there supposed to be a center post? I've seen the game with and without it. What was stock out of the factory?

1 week later
#125 6 years ago

Hi guys, sorry to bother you all with something so trivial, but I'm trying to find the part number for the flipper switches. In the manual it just shows switch 57 and 58 are the flipper lane change but I don't see a part number anywhere. I need two new flipper switches and while I'm at it I might as well replace the single lane change switch too.

flipperswitch (resized).jpgflipperswitch (resized).jpg

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I sent out the stp file from TecumsehPlissken and it came back at $153.20 per if we bought 150.

Is 150 the minimum run or will they do a smaller run of 50 for more money? Like $200+ dollars each?

3 weeks later
#148 6 years ago

While the black ramp is a neat find I don't think it would be fun to play on. I find the clear ramp already obstructs enough of the playfield.

#152 6 years ago

Hi guys, could someone please confirm the pinout for J7 on the Backbox Interconnect Board. I am looking through the schematics, but I only see the following;

Pin 7 - WHT-GRN
Pin 8 - WHT-BRN
Pin 9 - GRN
Pin 10 - BRN

I have a RED and ORANGE that are not accounted for. This is for a 10 pin header connector. I have an old photo that shows PIN 5 as ORG and PIN 6 as RED but this machine has had a few hacks so I'd like to confirm this is correct before crimping up a new header.

20170807_113052 (resized).jpg20170807_113052 (resized).jpg

#154 6 years ago

In addition to the header pinout I need some help with these two areas.

1) Is this the correct rubber placement for these 4 star posts?

20170807_173838 (resized).jpg20170807_173838 (resized).jpg

2) Are these the correct rubbers for the X area? It seems really odd to me that a flower pot rubber and a super duper thick rubber post would be used on either side of this.

20170805_213953 (resized).jpg20170805_213953 (resized).jpg

Thanks again.

#155 6 years ago

[EDIT] Please ignore post #154. Using photos others have taken I was able to discover the answers to my questions.

I still need assistance with post #152. Thank you.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

hope this helps

It does... a bit. You have two red wires on your J7. Pin 6 appears to be the stock wiring, but pin 10 in your photo doesn't look factory. I'm guessing this is where the brown should be. Looks like your J7 and J6 have been replaced/repaired before. Your J9 looks a little bit weird too. No male header on the PCB?

Thanks you for posting!

#158 6 years ago

Does anyone know the rubber sizes for the areas circled below? The manual I pulled down from IPDB is not clear. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 10.36.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-08-10 at 10.36.09 PM (resized).png

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

i bought a complete kit from bestofpinball.de but it hasnt arrived yet. i'll let you know.
concerning the ramp, i'll upload a video on youtube. now that i've completely disassembled the pinball, i think it has been painted but how ? it's very strange. there's evene mylar on it.
any news about the new ramps ?

Thank you.

1 week later
#166 6 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

hope this helps :

It does and it doesn't. Do you have a map that explains where each size goes?

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

no map . i've received only this.

I still appreciate it. I should be able to figure it out now. I wonder where the 1 1/4" goes? That one isn't even listed in the manual.

[EDIT] Using the sizes off the bag you ordered from bestofpinball.de I tried a few of the rings in different spots around the playfield. I tried a 1 1/2" rubber around C. It fit, but it was sloppy and I didn't think it fit snuggly enough. I replaced it with a 1 1/4" I hand in my tool kit and this to me was perfect.

The 2" fit the slingshots.

I put a 1 1/2" around the two star post above the right pop bumper (I mislabeled it 1 3/4").

The 3/4" I placed between the 2 pop bumpers on the left. The 2nd 3/4" rubber is supposed to fit on the two star post just below the left most rollover switch at the top, but there's no way 3/4" will fit there. I measured the old crusty one that was originally installed and it measured 1". Here's where I think everything should go and the proper sizing;

transporter rubber (resized).pngtransporter rubber (resized).png

The 2 1/2" rings I believe will be too smooshy. 2" in these locations will be a better fit.

2 weeks later
#194 6 years ago

Sweet. Thanks for sharing this image. While we're talking about ramps, does anyone know where to get the other ramp in this game? The one that goes up to ALPHA and BETA in the ship? Part number?

#199 6 years ago

Has anyone tried a Salon40 bath on the yellowing to see if it helps remove the yellowing?

#205 6 years ago

Awesome shots! This kind of stuff gets me excited.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

had not planned on or quoted any part dimensional changes at this point. that would be a PPS call there
post a pic of what you are talking about and i can look at it

20170805_215028[1] (resized).jpg20170805_215028[1] (resized).jpg

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The donor ramp I have on loan also has a cover that goes over it and does not appear to be part of the injection molded part. Clearly the ramp was beyond what I could do, but IF I could do it, would there be any interest in the new cover?

The cover over the bowl on mine is fine. It's almost new looking. The plastic isn't very thick, but it's very malleable.

Quoted from EdisonArcade:

Hey Freeplay, any chance of creating the other ramp that brings the ball up to the Orion? I could use one.
Red might be cool.

I'd be more interested in the ramp that goes up to the Orion as well. This one would fit in your current set up as well Freeplay40

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Many of these got melted and warped from a hot light bulb. They would be a nice piece to remake with these new crossover ramps coming out soon.

The bowl melted on mine from one of the flashers, but the plastic bowl cover looks new. I'm not saying they aren't needed, they just aren't needed by me.

#230 6 years ago

Sorry to steer this off the ramp discussion, but I'm replacing the backbox lock and I can't figure out how it's supposed to be oriented. Could someone please take a photo of how the lock looks (inside the backbox) when it is unlocked and the translite is removed? I'm specifically looking to see how the metal catch is oriented in the "open" position. I've tried it a few different ways now and it doesn't seem to want to work in any direction I try.

Thank you!

#234 6 years ago

Awesome! I really hope someone can come up with a loaner.
Not sure how, but mine got melted/warped at some point.

Mine's melted right at the 90 degree turn as well. Not as bad as yours but I can't figure out why it would have melted there? There are zero bulbs or mechanisms in that area that produce any heat. In fact, that 90 degree bend has the most airflow of any ramp I've ever seen installed.

Freeplay40 the upper left ramp usually breaks in two places. 1) the top screw hole where it fastens to the Orion ship (as seen in the above pic - far left). 2) The main entry for the ramp, right side of the sticker, right side of the blue steel. It usually cracks there. Pretty common break. Other than that there seems to be some unsolved "melting" mystery.

Does anyone else have a partially melted upper left ramp?

#239 6 years ago

My right return ramp is cracked right at bottom, nearest the flippers, where the ball drops through. Freeplay40 it would be cool if you could do the upper left, lower right and the bowl cover in one setup. The ramps are all pretty narrow and simple compared to some of the other ramps you've done.

Guys, here's the catch I am trying to re-install in the backbox. I'm not sure of the orientation of the little metal latch piece. Please help before I lose my mind. This is what it looks like when it's open right now, but when I install the translite I can't turn it enough to release the key from the lock.

20170909_221817 (resized).jpg20170909_221817 (resized).jpg

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Mark, I will pack up the ramps tomorrow! Fifty, here is my Mousin' setup. You may have too much of a bend on the latch.

You are a beautiful, beautiful man! Mine looks like it is bent a crap-ton more than yours. That would explain why I can't get the thing to close and get the key to release. I'll bend it back with a couple blocks of wood and hammer. I'll try looking on Marco to see if I can find the piece and replicate the angle properly. Thanks very much dozer1 !

#242 6 years ago

Does anyone know what solenoid this is? It's not listed in the manual and when I go into test mode I can't get the flasher to light up. I have checked the bulb and it is good.

If someone could go into test mode and let me know what it's called I'd appreciate it. This is the absolute last thing I need to get working on this pin.

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 6.34.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-10 at 6.34.11 PM (resized).png

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I am not sure if this is right, but it might be "Left lock up "A" side" 05 05
That is one of the ball locks in the orion ship,

I don't think it's this one, but I'll take another look because I don't remember seeing a flasher in the 5A position under the Orion ship. It's easy enough to check this one.

I'm thinking it's 07C Ball Popper Flashers. This one is listed in the solenoids but it's not marked on the playfield legend.

If anyone else is able to chime in I'd appreciate it.

1 week later
#254 6 years ago

That thing is a beast! Definitely in for one of these. It'll be nice to be able to see the playfield again instead of looking through a yellow haze.

#272 6 years ago

That is gorgeous. My pants are getting tight.

#283 6 years ago

I know there is a lot of excitement for the new ramps being produced but I need everyone's help again.
I am trying to get two flashers working. I have confirmed via wire colour-coding that the two flashers circle below are "JET FLSHS C SIDE 05 04"
4dd48fa33a953c57f0bbb2545f3a06ba12c75dcf (resized).png4dd48fa33a953c57f0bbb2545f3a06ba12c75dcf (resized).png
It is two flashers, one under the PF plastic to the left of the jet bumpers and one under the PF plastic to the right of the jet bumpers. The wire colour-code to both of these is black-yellow. These two flashers are part of the "special" solenoids.
Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.04.49 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.04.49 PM (resized).png
I've dealt with a similar problem in the past and it was the TIP122 at fault but I decided to go through the motions anyway to help train my brain with problems like this.
First thing I did was put the game in diagnostics mode, coil test, and then to the JET FLSHS. I put my logic probe on pin 6 of U20. The signal was pulsing so I followed the signal path to Q20, and then to Q24 and finally to 1J11-5. So my initial hunch of it being Q24 didn't pan out.
Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.10.22 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.10.22 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.12.25 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.12.25 PM (resized).png
On 1J11-5 the wire colour-code changes to gry-yellow. I followed this around to the Aux. Power Driver Board. Using my DMM I check for continuity from 1J11-5 to the far end. All good.
So I moved to under the playfield. I'm measured 38VDC on each flasher. So I followed the black-yellow back to the Interconnect Board in the backbox and check it for continuity. All good.
So it's not the bulbs. I checked. I even swapped both with known good bulbs.
So it's not U20.
So it's not Q20.
So it's not Q24 (the TIP122).
It's not a break in the wiring from the CPU Board to the Aux. Driver Board.
It's not a break in the wiring from the flasher to the Interconnect Board.
The flashers are getting power.
This leaves me at something possible wrong on the Interconnect Board. Unless I skipped something? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Tim

Added over 7 years ago: [SOLVED]

#289 6 years ago

Sweet! What's PPS (Rick's) Pinside handle? Hopefully he will post the price and let us know the minute these go up on the online store.

1 week later
#297 6 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I have been checking the PPS website & forum daily & haven't seen anything yet

Same here. Following Facebook as well.

1 week later
#312 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

$150! I was expecting more ! Great, make that outstanding job!!!! What you did is *not* easy and that price is clearly a favor to fans of the game!!!! Again, thank you! !

Sssssh!

#314 6 years ago

I don't see the red or yellow selling. The bridge ramp blocks the view of the playfield. I know the yellow one I have is just an eyesore and it obscures your view of the ball, plus there's a shit ton of red already on the PF and translite. It would have to be crystal clear but even then I would have a hard time pulling the trigger on one.

Clear is where it's at. I hope you have some left. Putting my order in tomorrow PPS

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

F*ck! Out of stock!
I'm pretty ashamed of myself: the creator of the Transporter appreciation thread couldn't get their hands on one of the initial offerings...

Double fuck. PPS please let us know when a fresh batch arrives. I missed out on the initial shipment.

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Cool! I picked out the colors for the red and yellow Ramps today. Red is same as the
Red translucent Taxi ramps. The yellow is a real nice looking translucent yellow, not like the old yellowed clear ramps that look like tabaco stains. Will be about mid November for the next run. There will be plenty this time. I will post pics of the red and yellow in the machine when I get them.

Are you doing clear ones for November too?

#331 6 years ago

Mine is missing the TRANSPORTER plastic.

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Back in stock at PPS at about 8am this morning and I was able to place an order. I just checked again now and PPS is showing that it is out of stock again.

You're f#cking kidding me... I added myself to notification.

1 week later
#338 6 years ago

Hey guys, I was playing Transporter tonight and I noticed this upper section of lights stays lit in-between ball drains. The entire PF goes dark after you drain a ball, but this area remained on. That seemed odd to me, but I honestly don't remember if this is the way it's always been.

Could someone confirm that this section remains lit when it seems it shouldn't be? Before I start troubleshooting I want to make sure it's actually not supposed to do this. Thanks!

Image (resized).pngImage (resized).png

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Always stay's on, on mine too.

Phew! Thanks PinsOnly I thought I was losing my mind.

#344 6 years ago

Huh. Wadda ya know. The red I don't mind as much as I thought I would. Kinda pinkish but I like it.

#346 6 years ago

Just ordered the clear. The order process wasn't overly-complicated but it wasn't exactly simple either.

What are the screws/nut combos everyone is using to attach their new ramp to the mini-playfield? The one I have is missing the hardware (ramp was caulked in place).

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

new ramp has the bolt bosses intact so you have to thread the screws into the new ramp no more need for nuts and bolts when installing these new ones

Anyone know the proper size/length/head for the two screws?

#350 6 years ago

That's a really good question.
I won't be installing mine for a while, but choosing a random size screw and hoping it works seems like a split piece of plastic waiting to happen

My transporter probably hasn't seen the original screw set in over 2 decades. I would really like to get the proper hardware to ensure nothing is cross-threaded or misaligned. Getting the proper size would be great. I'm guessing it's just a regular pan head screw but does anyone know for sure?

91773a552p1-b01-digitals (resized).png91773a552p1-b01-digitals (resized).png

#357 6 years ago

That's the first time I've ever seen that diagram too. Very nice but the one piece of info it's missing are the screws used for the ramp entrance.

#359 6 years ago

pin-pimp any chance you know the type of screw used to hold the ramp in place at the entrance? Thread count?

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

yes a phillips v head wood screw 3/4 long total length. size is either a #4 or #5. diameter was .130 and that is about halfway between a 4 and 5. Id try a 4 first. if you lube the screw with mineral oil or even water they will self thread into the plastic better. without lube the screw can generated heat going in and can gall up the plastic. 2 required

So a countersunk (flat) type of screw? I was thinking it would need a countersunk (oval) type so the ball doesn't get hung up.
Wood-Screw-Heads (resized).jpgWood-Screw-Heads (resized).jpg

I was thinking it was a machine screw too, not a wood screw;
screw (resized).jpgscrew (resized).jpg

Thanks for the tip on using the mineral oil!

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

I don't believe nuts will work on the bottom side as ball will hit them, not enough clearance. Thought I tried that long time ago. Could be wrong.

The ball would be fine but the way the upper PF rests in place wouldn't allow for a nut. It's a fairly tight squeeze under there.

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

The one that I think is bringing up the most questions is a counter sunk SELF TAPPER.

How come you only have one?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transporter-the-rescue-club-beam-me-up-bally?tu=Fifty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.