Cam Lock (resized).jpg
IMG_1560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1562 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230922_102602476 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102548767 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102557917 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 897 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.
#351 6 years ago

Just ordered a red and a yellow ramp to go with my clear ramp I bought from the first batch. Don't know if I will ever use them, but mostly to show my support for this project. Rick and Kevin really went the extra mile to see this project through. Thanks to both of you.

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Just ordered a red and a yellow ramp to go with my clear ramp I bought from the first batch. Don't know if I will ever use them, but mostly to show my support for this project. Rick and Kevin really went the extra mile to see this project through. Thanks to both of you.

Nice!
It's cool to support these projects that are sorely needed and were done by people with specific skills and tools that made it possible.
I really like the red. It's light enough to see through, but adds a nice touch of color. IMHO, I think there's too much clear on the game already, and I'm hoping Freeplay can make some matching/close enough red ramps and bowl cover when he's feeling better.
Get 'em while you can

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

I really like the red.

Sounds like Freeplay will likely try the light red dye on some of the other ramps in the future. Ultimately I think the yellow ramp will look great on the game too. After awhile people will have discarded all of the crappy yellowed originals now that you can. Then the nice uniform production yellow will start to look much better.

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Sounds like Freeplay will likely try the light red dye on some of the other ramps in the future

Pretty sure I can match both the yellow and red pretty close.

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Pretty sure I can match both the yellow and red pretty close.

Man, that is such good news! I am really excited about the possibility of a red-ramped Transporter. Now go rest

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

My transporter probably hasn't seen the original screw set in over 2 decades. I would really like to get the proper hardware to ensure nothing is cross-threaded or misaligned. Getting the proper size would be great. I'm guessing it's just a regular pan head screw but does anyone know for sure?

I saw this diagram at Marco's and it's not in my Original manual... Not sure if it helps with anything though.
large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg

#357 6 years ago

That's the first time I've ever seen that diagram too. Very nice but the one piece of info it's missing are the screws used for the ramp entrance.

#358 6 years ago

glad everyone likes them. the red is the same red used on the taxi ramp but looks a little lighter in color due to the different thickness of various wall sections. its not a high volume part so we couldn't experiment with different shades of the dye because of test costing.
miraculous at all that we found this tooling and got it back making parts. this project prob would not of happened other wise due to low volume.

#359 6 years ago

pin-pimp any chance you know the type of screw used to hold the ramp in place at the entrance? Thread count?

#360 6 years ago

i can go look, going off memory it seems its a flat head "V head" wood or sheet metal type screw that self threaded through the upper pf wood and into the 2 bosses on the ramp that come up from the bottom

#361 6 years ago

yes a phillips v head wood screw 3/4 long total length. size is either a #4 or #5. diameter was .130 and that is about halfway between a 4 and 5. Id try a 4 first. if you lube the screw with mineral oil or even water they will self thread into the plastic better. without lube the screw can generated heat going in and can gall up the plastic. 2 required

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

yes a phillips v head wood screw 3/4 long total length. size is either a #4 or #5. diameter was .130 and that is about halfway between a 4 and 5. Id try a 4 first. if you lube the screw with mineral oil or even water they will self thread into the plastic better. without lube the screw can generated heat going in and can gall up the plastic. 2 required

Always remember the lube...

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

So a countersunk (flat) type of screw? I was thinking it would need a countersunk (oval) type so the ball doesn't get hung up.
Wood-Screw-Heads (resized).jpgWood-Screw-Heads (resized).jpg

I was thinking it was a machine screw too, not a wood screw;
screw (resized).jpgscrew (resized).jpg

Thanks for the tip on using the mineral oil!

#364 6 years ago

you could use a longer machine screw and add nut to bottom. may have to open up the hole in the ramp boss to get it to slip through.
pretty sure the place where the screw head is is close enough to the sides of upper PF that the ball cant go over them to be stuck.
a number 6 machine screw would be very close to fitting

#365 6 years ago

I don't believe nuts will work on the bottom side as ball will hit them, not enough clearance. Thought I tried that long time ago. Could be wrong.

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

I don't believe nuts will work on the bottom side as ball will hit them, not enough clearance. Thought I tried that long time ago. Could be wrong.

The ball would be fine but the way the upper PF rests in place wouldn't allow for a nut. It's a fairly tight squeeze under there.

#367 6 years ago

Mine has flat head wood screws. Pretty sure that's factory setup

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Mine has flat head wood screws. Pretty sure that's factory setup

mine too & I just reused the ones that were there , however they did have nuts on bottom of both because the bolt bosses were broken off.... I never knew ramp had those until saw the new reproduction but it didn't need the nuts anymore as my screws threaded in nicely ... just did it carefully but it did take some effort

#369 6 years ago

I'm hoping someone can eventually post a pic or 2 of the installed ramp and proper screws.
Unfortunately, I have cracked a ramp before, and know it can happen suddenly

#370 6 years ago

Got my red and yellow ramps today. They are cool! Esp. the red. Pic don't do it justice.

Here is a pic of the fasteners from the ramp which came off my parts PF. The one that I think is bringing up the most questions is a counter sunk SELF TAPPER. It is a 6-32 and 5/8" in total length. Run a 6-32 tap through the hole first. Then a self tapper is unnecessary.(DISCLAIMER- I do not know if these are the proper fasteners, but they are what it had.)

DSCF6254 (resized).JPGDSCF6254 (resized).JPG

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Got my red and yellow ramps today. They are cool! Esp. the red. Pic don't do it justice.

Nice! Yeah, the red is even better than I expected.

Quoted from dozer1:

Here is a pic of the fasteners from the ramp which came off my parts PF. The one that I think is bringing up the most questions is a counter sunk SELF TAPPER. It is a 6-32 and 5/8" in total length. Run a 6-32 tap through the hole first. Then a self tapper is unnecessary.(DISCLAIMER- I do not know if these are the proper fasteners, but they are what it had.)

I like the idea of using a tap. good thinking sir, thanks!

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

The one that I think is bringing up the most questions is a counter sunk SELF TAPPER.

How come you only have one?

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

How come you only have one?

Good question. It has been a while since I took the ramp off the parts PF. Also I would like to hear someone confirm that is the right fastener before someone tries one. If it is too large, it would likely break the ramp boss. There has to be people that have installed this ramp by now. Is that the screws you had in yours?

#374 6 years ago

Post # 281 is a pic of my project TTR . It has 1 of the ramp screws in it as you can see. I just removed it and it is a 5/8" long 6-32 counter sunk self tapper, just like I showed in the pic by the tape measure. I am convinced that this is the original stock fastener used in that location.

Update- I took my new yellow ramp to the shop and tapped it 6-32 with a tap. I can confirm that the hole is the proper size for 6-32 threads. The material tapped nicely. Do it with care. The 6-32 countersunk 5/8" long self tapper has to be the right screw for the job. They would go right in nicely without tapping ahead of time or damaging the ramp boss.

2 weeks later
#375 6 years ago

Hey owners! I am making a Visual Pinball version of Transporter. But I could use some better images/scans of the playfield and plastics. Also to be more accurate there are a couple measurements that I would like as well. Would anyone here be willing to help or have some images they think would help?

This is what I built so far based on some limited resources I could find.

Thanks!
-Mike

SS (resized).pngSS (resized).png

1 week later
#376 6 years ago

I would like to express my gratitude in this post, as I'm going to be (99%) a "transporter the rescue" owner soon.
THANK YOU PLANETARY PINBALL and also thank you pin-pimp for the ramp.
Not only because of the repro ramp out of the original mold, but for all williams/bally things you preserve! I'm just starting this hobby and just wanted you to know that every road online regarding these pinball machines leads to planetary pinball.
I found all the useful info for transporter in the "Yellow" parts book, and I'm going to buy the ramp and many more repro things from you soon.

Any more unique transporter stuff coming out soon? (left and right ramp, un orion, pcbs, decals etc...) Please let us know here as I'm going to invest big on this table.

P.S.: Plastics I would definitely buy if you reproduct (from the yellow parts book):

D-12896. Space Ship with Decals Assembly.jpgD-12896. Space Ship with Decals Assembly.jpg
D-12781. Left Ramp Assembly.jpgD-12781. Left Ramp Assembly.jpg
D-12772. Right Ramp Assembly.jpgD-12772. Right Ramp Assembly.jpg

one more time, a big THANK YOU!

1 month later
#377 6 years ago

I put a very nice U.N. Orion ship on e-bay. It was on the parts PF that I bought off e-bay 2 years ago. I might catch flack for my starting bid, but I did not get the parts PF free or even 1/2 way cheap for that matter. I've never seen one for sale before so if you need one, now's the time. PM me reasonable offers and I will consider them. Thanks

#378 6 years ago

I have the two ramps pictured above and intend to reproduce both of them.

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I have the two ramps pictured above and intend to reproduce both of them.

Yes!!!

#380 6 years ago

New clear ramp fitted in NZ.

Move it, move it!

(1x new metal post on order for left ramp entry ... )

rd

BF247740-A351-4A05-8320-E23E38D371A8 (resized).jpegBF247740-A351-4A05-8320-E23E38D371A8 (resized).jpeg

#381 6 years ago

rotordave you had better get another bumper post in that hole at the mouth of that crossover ramp.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

rotordave you had better get another bumper post in that hole at the mouth of that crossover ramp.

Yeah that’s what the post is on order for ... it’s an unusual post.

Post rubber taped there for now. Looks rude but it works.

rd

#383 6 years ago

Didn't even see the tape, but that is not the rubber post I meant. Check out post # 375. There is supposed to be a rubber bumper in front of both of the crossover ramp sidewalls. (Maybe you should have ordered 2)

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I put a very nice U.N. Orion ship on e-bay.

Quoted from dozer1:

PM me reasonable offers and I will consider them.

With starting bid met, this is off the table. For any interested parties, good luck on the e-bay auction.

#385 6 years ago

If anyone has a Transporter they are considering letting go, PM me with details.

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Didn't even see the tape, but that is not the rubber post I meant. Check out post # 375. There is supposed to be a rubber bumper in front of both of the crossover ramp sidewalls. (Maybe you should have ordered 2)

Yeah, the taped post is not shown in that photo. No need for concern ... Everything is under control!

rd

#387 6 years ago

What is the part number on that ramp post rd? It is a weird one. Who has it?
thanks

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from blubboman:

What is the part number on that ramp post rd? It is a weird one. Who has it?
thanks

It is a weird one. I couldn’t find one the same so I’ll get 2x new threaded bottom posts and make them work.

rd

F5230650-48B6-49DA-BCF0-973E8B67E0B4 (resized).jpegF5230650-48B6-49DA-BCF0-973E8B67E0B4 (resized).jpeg

#389 6 years ago

Selling any and all parts off the parts TTR PF now. E-mail me with requests. Would sell everything that remains to one buyer for the right offer. I will try and keep this updated as far as what is no longer available in the pics. So far these items are sold.--

1. one drop target mech
2. 2 sling plastics and plastic 31-1006-2008-5-sp
3. Spinner & supporting posts
4. All ball gates
5. 3 plastics around pop bumpers
6. Long upper PF Flipper
7. posts that go on crossover ramp

DSCF6415 (resized).JPGDSCF6415 (resized).JPG
DSCF6416 (resized).JPGDSCF6416 (resized).JPG
DSCF6417 (resized).JPGDSCF6417 (resized).JPG
DSCF6418 (resized).JPGDSCF6418 (resized).JPG
DSCF6419 (resized).JPGDSCF6419 (resized).JPG
DSCF6420 (resized).JPGDSCF6420 (resized).JPG
DSCF6421 (resized).JPGDSCF6421 (resized).JPG
DSCF6422 (resized).JPGDSCF6422 (resized).JPG
DSCF6423 (resized).JPGDSCF6423 (resized).JPG

#390 6 years ago

I have had a few inquiries about the playfield itself. Would someone do 350.00 shipped? (lower 48) Would have no problem shipping it to your favorite PF restoration expert. I would strip off most everything that remains . Otherwise PM offers and I will consider them. *******SOLD****** MAIN PLAYFIELD AND ORION SHIP PLAYFIELD NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Thanks--------------------------(can no longer edit original post so)--------

8. Pop bumpers are now sold too

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I have had a few inquiries about the playfield itself. Would someone do 350.00 shipped? (lower 48) Would have no problem shipping it to your favorite PF restoration expert. I would strip off most everything that remains . Otherwise PM offers and I will consider them. Thanks

pm sent

#392 6 years ago

So I put some TTR auctions on e-bay tonight. Those auctions pretty much are the last of the game specific TTR things. I have other things like sling mechs, ball trough parts, many other things but that stuff is all common Williams or Bally stuff. PM me if your looking for any of that. At this point I will quit hogging this club thread with the playfield part out talk. Thanks to all who bought or inquired about parts!

4 weeks later
#393 6 years ago
#394 6 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

Decided to sell:
treasure.craigslist.org link

Wow, that's a very nice Transporter. GLWS, and are you planning on making a Pinside Ad too?

#395 6 years ago

Probably no ad, I usually don't list for sale here, but a couple guys were looking for this title. I'm winding down in the hobby after 20+ years, just keeping a couple and my virtual and maybe keep that spot open for something different on occasion. I'll probably regret selling it, but have had 2 of them for a total of over 10 years, time for someone else to enjoy it. The first one I had was maybe a tiny bit nicer (NOS playfield installed), sold that to Ballyhoobilly on this group. Beautiful pin and a great player and rather rare. Beam me up, Bally!

Just like to add that this is a beautiful original that didn't need a restore, kind of games I usually look for.

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

Probably no ad, I usually don't list for sale here, but a couple guys were looking for this title. I'm winding down in the hobby after 20+ years, just keeping a couple and my virtual and maybe keep that spot open for something different on occasion. I'll probably regret selling it, but have had 2 of them for a total of over 10 years, time for someone else to enjoy it. The first one I had was maybe a tiny bit nicer (NOS playfield installed), sold that to Ballyhoobilly on this group. Beautiful pin and a great player and rather rare. Beam me up, Bally!

Wow! Guess Iam never getting one.

#397 6 years ago

have two ... willing to sell one of them

#398 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transporter-the-rescue-parts-lot

Added over 6 years ago: This lot is no longer available. Some individual parts of it are re-listed on e-bay. Thanks

1 week later
#399 6 years ago

Sort of joining this club! I have a partially populated playfield, I need ramps and some plasticsand a few mechanics, as well as a cabinet, and boards and everything.

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Sort of joining this club! I have a partially populated playfield, I need ramps and some plasticsand a few mechanics, as well as a cabinet, and boards and everything.

Welcome to the club! Glad to have some Transporter talk.
Aside from the awesome crossover ramp that PPS reproduced recently, I think(hope) Pinsider Freeplay40 is planning on doing the other ramps soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 897 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transporter-the-rescue-club-beam-me-up-bally/page/8?hl=provato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.