By spiroagnew

1 year ago

Stats

• 320 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 minutes ago by blubboman
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 86 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

000-pins2 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.12.25 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.10.22 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.04.49 PM (resized).png
4dd48fa33a953c57f0bbb2545f3a06ba12c75dcf (resized).png
DSCF6027 (resized).JPG
IMG_1319 (resized).JPG
IMG_1318 (resized).JPG
IMG_1842 (resized).JPG
IMG_1834 (resized).JPG
IMG_1832 (resized).JPG
IMG_1831 (resized).JPG
IMG_1818 (resized).JPG
IMG_1819 (resized).JPG
IMG_1817 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 6.34.11 PM (resized).png

There are 320 posts in topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 28 days ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

ready to place my order as soon as they become available

+1 how and where do we order ?

#252 28 days ago

Hope someone posts here when they are available. I'll be in for one as well.

#253 28 days ago

They will be only available on PPS website. I will let you know as soon as we run the mold. Won't be long now!

#254 27 days ago

That thing is a beast! Definitely in for one of these. It'll be nice to be able to see the playfield again instead of looking through a yellow haze.

#255 27 days ago

very cool stuff!

#256 26 days ago

Will order as soon as they are available. Excited to see this come about!

#257 26 days ago

Thanks to Dozer1 for giving me a heads up on crossover ramp. I'm the only one in my crowd with a Transporter (that I know of) and I'd love to be able to upgrade the ramp. I'll be watching and ordering when available. I'd also be looking for replacement plastics as well. Thanks to Pin-Pimp for all the hard work.

#258 24 days ago

im going over now to pick up the mold test samples. will post pics and will do a test install of one

#259 24 days ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

im going over now to pick up the mold test samples. will post pics and will do a test install of one

#260 24 days ago

As promised. Picked up 20 samples and will test fit. If ok then will send the first 20 or so to PPS then a small production run will follow.

IMG_1831 (resized).JPG

IMG_1832 (resized).JPG

#261 24 days ago

Super nice work you did there.

#262 24 days ago

Any chance fresh, new Orions could be made ... complete with labels :-)?

I can't believe all of the new stuff being made for this game!!! Many thanks to those involved!!!

#263 24 days ago

We are still digging through lists and molds. See what we can come up with in the future to get back to life

#264 24 days ago

simply put that is gorgeous ....... its so clear it looks crystal ! Dozer can you believe it ?! this day has actually arrived!!

#265 24 days ago

i have been pursuing and hunting this project down for years, squeaky wheel get the grease? more to come!
im looking for mousing around and space station tooling too.

#266 24 days ago

Dozer can you believe it ?! this day has actually arrived!!

Pretty darn amazing to see it happen!

pin-pimp, you rule man!

Mousin' around = cheese traps
Space Station = upper PF ,
my guesses. They would be some great parts to remake.

#267 24 days ago

Excellent work @pin-pimp ! A new ramp cover is definitely in order now that this beauty is hitting production. @freeplay40 or @pin-pimp, is the clear ramp cover a project you will take on?

#268 24 days ago

Fit and function is good to go.

IMG_1834 (resized).JPG

#269 24 days ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Fit and function is good to go.

looks fantastic cant wait to order

#270 24 days ago

Oh Wow!! That looks AMAZING!! Droool!!

#271 24 days ago

Hot f$%^&g damn!

#272 23 days ago

That is gorgeous. My pants are getting tight.

#273 22 days ago

Hat's off Kevin!!!!...Simply beautiful.

#274 22 days ago

looks spectacular!

looking forward to buying and supporting this!

#275 22 days ago

Pic of old and new. My original ramp is still intact but you can see how the old material had yellowed with age.

IMG_1842 (resized).JPG

#276 22 days ago

The screws that attach the ramp are basically wood screws and they self thread into the material. Not really ideal but it works. I lubed up the screws to help them go in smoother and to prevent any stress cracking. It's a quick 5-10 minute install, you need Phillips and a small Philips for the 2 switch screws for the bowl. Slip your 2 rubber posts on metal stud on before installing them. Don't over tighten any of the screws!

#277 22 days ago

Wow, Kevin, your original looks in pretty good shape. I'm guessing that the majority look like this one!

IMG_1318 (resized).JPG

#278 22 days ago

Thanks to Pinsider dozer1, I have the good examples of the other three vacuum formed pieces for Transporter. Since Kevin did such an awesome job on the injection molded ramp, I think I will make up the other three pieces to complete the plastic for this game.

IMG_1319 (resized).JPG

#279 22 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks to Pinsider dozer1, I have the good examples of the other three vacuum formed pieces for Transporter. Since Kevin did such an awesome job on the injection molded ramp, I think I will make up the other three pieces to complete the plastic for this game.

Incredible!! ...I must be dreaming

#280 21 days ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

im looking for mousing around and space station tooling too

Not to get off the main subject too far, but another injection mold (I think) thing that many ask about is the "ball lifter" on the upper PF of Banzai Run

#281 21 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Wow, Kevin, your original looks in pretty good shape. I'm guessing that the majority look like this one!

Or worse.

DSCF6027 (resized).JPG

#283 20 days ago

I know there is a lot of excitement for the new ramps being produced but I need everyone's help again.
I am trying to get two flashers working. I have confirmed via wire colour-coding that the two flashers circle below are "JET FLSHS C SIDE 05 04"
4dd48fa33a953c57f0bbb2545f3a06ba12c75dcf (resized).png
It is two flashers, one under the PF plastic to the left of the jet bumpers and one under the PF plastic to the right of the jet bumpers. The wire colour-code to both of these is black-yellow. These two flashers are part of the "special" solenoids.
Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.04.49 PM (resized).png
I've dealt with a similar problem in the past and it was the TIP122 at fault but I decided to go through the motions anyway to help train my brain with problems like this.
First thing I did was put the game in diagnostics mode, coil test, and then to the JET FLSHS. I put my logic probe on pin 6 of U20. The signal was pulsing so I followed the signal path to Q20, and then to Q24 and finally to 1J11-5. So my initial hunch of it being Q24 didn't pan out.
Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.10.22 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.12.25 PM (resized).png
On 1J11-5 the wire colour-code changes to gry-yellow. I followed this around to the Aux. Power Driver Board. Using my DMM I check for continuity from 1J11-5 to the far end. All good.
So I moved to under the playfield. I'm measured 38VDC on each flasher. So I followed the black-yellow back to the Interconnect Board in the backbox and check it for continuity. All good.
So it's not the bulbs. I checked. I even swapped both with known good bulbs.
So it's not U20.
So it's not Q20.
So it's not Q24 (the TIP122).
It's not a break in the wiring from the CPU Board to the Aux. Driver Board.
It's not a break in the wiring from the flasher to the Interconnect Board.
The flashers are getting power.
This leaves me at something possible wrong on the Interconnect Board. Unless I skipped something? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Tim

Added 20 days ago: [SOLVED]

#284 20 days ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

Incredible!! ...I must be dreaming

Cant wait for it to happend!

I whant one please send link when done!!!

thanks for making this happend!

#285 18 days ago

i sent the first 18 ramps to PPS on tue so watch the website for them, should be any day now

#286 18 days ago

Any idea on price?

#287 18 days ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

i sent the first 18 ramps to PPS on tue so watch the website for them, should be any day now

when will you be selling yours direct?

#288 18 days ago

all sales of the ramps will go through Rick at PPS, he owns the molds and sales, i was just contracted to do the repairs etc.
not sure on price, similar as other injection molded ramps like taxi im sure.

#289 18 days ago

Sweet! What's @pps (Rick's) Pinside handle? Hopefully he will post the price and let us know the minute these go up on the online store.

#290 17 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I think I will make up the other three pieces to complete the plastic for this game.

You forgot the Orion .... no matter what, I'm buying a set of those from you when you finish them!!!

#291 16 days ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

You forgot the Orion .... no matter what, I'm buying a set of those from you when you finish them!!!

+1 !

#292 16 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

You, sir, are a saint. Finally, a @Freeplay40 project I'll be able to get in on! (All of your other projects were for games I didn't own.)

Also thanks to @dozer1 for providing good examples to work from.

#293 11 days ago

Did these ramps become available yet? I was gone for a week, I hope I didn't miss them!

#294 11 days ago

I have been checking the PPS website & forum daily & haven't seen anything yet

#295 11 days ago

I have been checking the PPS website & forum daily & haven't seen anything yet</blockquote

Me too. I assume there will be an announcement here though.

#296 10 days ago

OK, Thanks! Impatiently waiting here!!

#297 10 days ago

I have been checking the PPS website & forum daily & haven't seen anything yet

Same here. Following Facebook as well.

#298 10 days ago

i sent 18 ramps to PPS, they have them, only a matter of them adding the part to the website is all.
production run for more will be soon

#300 5 days ago

000-pins2 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 125.00
Playfield - Plastics
Great American Pinball
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 19.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.99
$ 14.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 47.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Double Danger Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 320 posts in topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.