Cam Lock (resized).jpg
IMG_1560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1562 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230922_102602476 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102548767 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102557917 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 897 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.
#201 6 years ago

I would purchase a clear and transcluent yellow one.

#202 6 years ago

Materials are here and I'm cruising right along on the tooling.
Project will be completed next week, ussualy a few weeks to get on the molders
Schedual so not long now guys! Will post a few progress pics tomorrow.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Great news. Thank you for taking this on!

#204 6 years ago

One half is done. Making good time on other side.

IMG_1774 (resized).JPGIMG_1774 (resized).JPG

IMG_1775 (resized).JPGIMG_1775 (resized).JPG

IMG_1776 (resized).JPGIMG_1776 (resized).JPG

#205 6 years ago

Awesome shots! This kind of stuff gets me excited.

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Wow, this is exciting progress!
Not too long ago this project seemed destined to fade away due to prohibitive costs, and now we are watching it happen in a few weeks? Incredible

#207 6 years ago

I'm hoping you make the bottom tabs on the crossover ramp thicker, easy break point and looks like hell when they are chipped out..

#208 6 years ago

had not planned on or quoted any part dimensional changes at this point. that would be a PPS call there

post a pic of what you are talking about and i can look at it

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

had not planned on or quoted any part dimensional changes at this point. that would be a PPS call there
post a pic of what you are talking about and i can look at it

20170805_215028[1] (resized).jpg20170805_215028[1] (resized).jpg

#210 6 years ago

i can add a radius to the screw boss to strengthen it but the modern polycarbonate material we will be using are much better and stronger than the materials available in 1988.

#211 6 years ago

I dont even own this game but I must say this is really cool to see happen!

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Great news. Thank you for taking this on!

Hey Freeplay, any chance of creating the other ramp that brings the ball up to the Orion? I could use one.
Red might be cool.

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

i can add a radius to the screw boss to strengthen it but the modern polycarbonate material we will be using are much better and stronger than the materials available in 1988.

That alone would probably take care of any issues that they might of had. Along with the fact that they are going to be new. AWESOME work on the mould!

#214 6 years ago

Couple end day pics. All the CNC work is done. Now have to transfer punch and drill 2 plates and counterbore for the ejector system. Then make the ejector pins and she's done.

IMG_1777 (resized).JPGIMG_1777 (resized).JPG

IMG_1778 (resized).JPGIMG_1778 (resized).JPG

#215 6 years ago

The donor ramp I have on loan also has a cover that goes over it and does not appear to be part of the injection molded part. Clearly the ramp was beyond what I could do, but IF I could do it, would there be any interest in the new cover?

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

Hey Freeplay, any chance of creating the other ramp that brings the ball up to the Orion? I could use one.
Red might be cool.

I'll consider that one. Anyone else interested?

#217 6 years ago

You talking about the crossover bowl cover part? That is a vac from part, I would think some demand

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

You talking about the crossover bowl cover part? That is a vac from part, I would think some demand

Suspect the originals look pretty bad at this point and I know I would hate to put an old one on top of your new ramp!

So cool that you are doing this!

#219 6 years ago

I covered the area I'm talking about with a metal strip. I put one to the right of the yellow post later, but you can see 2 cracks on the right. Air balls hit it and take chunks out, weak area.

IMG_1385 (resized).JPGIMG_1385 (resized).JPG

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The donor ramp I have on loan also has a cover that goes over it and does not appear to be part of the injection molded part. Clearly the ramp was beyond what I could do, but IF I could do it, would there be any interest in the new cover?

The cover over the bowl on mine is fine. It's almost new looking. The plastic isn't very thick, but it's very malleable.

Red might be cool.

I'd be more interested in the ramp that goes up to the Orion as well. This one would fit in your current set up as well Freeplay40

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yes me I am interested & was already thinking of asking about that piece but was just waiting to see how this all worked out

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

but IF I could do it, would there be any interest in the new cover?

Yes

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I am.

Wow - making a mold like this is more complex than I thought. This poor game that almost didn't make production is going to get a new life!

#224 6 years ago

Mold dimentions are 26x16 inches FYI for a reference of what it takes to make a injection mold like this. Heavy too, core/cavity plates are solid aluminum but all other components and plates are steel

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

+1

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yes please Also interested in a new bowl cover.

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

would there be any interest in the new cover?

I'd sure take one of these.

Quoted from Fifty:

The cover over the bowl on mine is fine. It's almost new looking. The plastic isn't very thick, but it's very malleable.

Many of these got melted and warped from a hot light bulb. They would be a nice piece to remake with these new crossover ramps coming out soon.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Many of these got melted and warped from a hot light bulb. They would be a nice piece to remake with these new crossover ramps coming out soon.

The bowl melted on mine from one of the flashers, but the plastic bowl cover looks new. I'm not saying they aren't needed, they just aren't needed by me.

#229 6 years ago

I'll take a crossover ramp, crossover bowl cover, and an Orion (left) ramp. Clear would be best for me, But ill take whatever is available.

#230 6 years ago

Sorry to steer this off the ramp discussion, but I'm replacing the backbox lock and I can't figure out how it's supposed to be oriented. Could someone please take a photo of how the lock looks (inside the backbox) when it is unlocked and the translite is removed? I'm specifically looking to see how the metal catch is oriented in the "open" position. I've tried it a few different ways now and it doesn't seem to want to work in any direction I try.

Thank you!

#231 6 years ago

Might as well toss this out...Anyone interested in loaning the upper left ramp for me to model from? Must be in reasonably good shape so I can get a good mold. Can handle some damage, just not important missing pieces. Also interested in where damage is occurring. From what I could see on internet for photos, appears this was molded on a "female" mold.....I'm guessing I would reverse that for greater strength. Would ultimately be available, of course, in clear but could also do in at least transparent red and transparent turquois and possibly yellow, or smoked, or blue if I ever get that color mix figured out.

Had someone ask me for a Pinbot in transparent blue transitioning to transparent red...been wanting to try that!

I'm going to model up the bowl cover, than return that and the transporter ramp to the donor. Donor will get a new cover for the bowl as his has a significant " bulb melt".

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

I bought my first one in '04 and did a playfield swap and sold it in '07. I regretted that not long after and I finally came across an original beauty in '13. Love the art, gameplay and sounds, only keeper machine for me. It took me till '16 to shop it out because I play it daily and didn't want it down, plus it was rather clean as I bought it. Found this mailing return address sticker under the spaceship while shopping it.
Great game, love it. Hope that ramp gets reproduced, fingers crossed. "Beam me up Bally" is one of my favorite call outs.

That was once my game! I can't remember when I actually sold it, but it was many years ago now (I moved out of that address in 2003, but the game was at the house a couple of years before I sold it). If you ever sell it, let me know Here are some pictures of it when it was here.

Puzzle2 (resized).JPGPuzzle2 (resized).JPG

Puzzle3 (resized).JPGPuzzle3 (resized).JPG

Top cleared (resized).JPGTop cleared (resized).JPG

Transporter - Looking up (resized).JPGTransporter - Looking up (resized).JPG

Transporter - PF After (resized).JPGTransporter - PF After (resized).JPG

Transporter Mid PF - After (resized).JPGTransporter Mid PF - After (resized).JPG

Orion (resized).JPGOrion (resized).JPG

Orion - After (resized).JPGOrion - After (resized).JPG

Transporter Full (resized).JPGTransporter Full (resized).JPG

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Might as well toss this out...Anyone interested in loaning the upper left ramp for me to model from? Must be in reasonably good shape so I can get a good mold. Can handle some damage, just not important missing pieces. Also interested in where damage is occurring. From what I could see on internet for photos, appears this was molded on a "female" mold.....I'm guessing I would reverse that for greater strength. Would ultimately be available, of course, in clear but could also do in at least transparent red and transparent turquois and possibly yellow, or smoked, or blue if I ever get that color mix figured out.
Had someone ask me for a Pinbot in transparent blue transitioning to transparent red...been wanting to try that!
I'm going to model up the bowl cover, than return that and the transporter ramp to the donor. Donor will get a new cover for the bowl as his has a significant " bulb melt".

Awesome! I really hope someone can come up with a loaner.
Not sure how, but mine got melted/warped at some point.
IMG_4626 (resized).JPGIMG_4626 (resized).JPG

#234 6 years ago

Awesome! I really hope someone can come up with a loaner.
Not sure how, but mine got melted/warped at some point.

Mine's melted right at the 90 degree turn as well. Not as bad as yours but I can't figure out why it would have melted there? There are zero bulbs or mechanisms in that area that produce any heat. In fact, that 90 degree bend has the most airflow of any ramp I've ever seen installed.

Freeplay40 the upper left ramp usually breaks in two places. 1) the top screw hole where it fastens to the Orion ship (as seen in the above pic - far left). 2) The main entry for the ramp, right side of the sticker, right side of the blue steel. It usually cracks there. Pretty common break. Other than that there seems to be some unsolved "melting" mystery.

Does anyone else have a partially melted upper left ramp?

#235 6 years ago

I might try to hunt down a machine locally to see what I can "add" as far as strength as well as protection at the entrance.

#236 6 years ago

No melting on my Orion ramp. It's just broken at the entrance.

#237 6 years ago

Freeplay40, I have both of the other ramps from this game. They are on the same parts PF that the crossover ramp I sent you came from. They both look to be in real good condition. I can ship you both or just the orion ramp

DSCF6231 (resized).JPGDSCF6231 (resized).JPG

DSCF6232 (resized).JPGDSCF6232 (resized).JPG

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Freeplay40, I have both of the other ramps from this game. They are on the same parts PF that the crossover ramp I sent you came from. They both look to be in real good condition. I can ship you both or just the orion ramp

Sending pm....

#239 6 years ago

My right return ramp is cracked right at bottom, nearest the flippers, where the ball drops through. Freeplay40 it would be cool if you could do the upper left, lower right and the bowl cover in one setup. The ramps are all pretty narrow and simple compared to some of the other ramps you've done.

Guys, here's the catch I am trying to re-install in the backbox. I'm not sure of the orientation of the little metal latch piece. Please help before I lose my mind. This is what it looks like when it's open right now, but when I install the translite I can't turn it enough to release the key from the lock.

20170909_221817 (resized).jpg20170909_221817 (resized).jpg

#240 6 years ago

Mark, I will pack up the ramps tomorrow! Fifty, here is my Mousin' setup. You may have too much of a bend on the latch.

DSCF6235 (resized).JPGDSCF6235 (resized).JPG

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Mark, I will pack up the ramps tomorrow! Fifty, here is my Mousin' setup. You may have too much of a bend on the latch.

You are a beautiful, beautiful man! Mine looks like it is bent a crap-ton more than yours. That would explain why I can't get the thing to close and get the key to release. I'll bend it back with a couple blocks of wood and hammer. I'll try looking on Marco to see if I can find the piece and replicate the angle properly. Thanks very much dozer1 !

#242 6 years ago

Does anyone know what solenoid this is? It's not listed in the manual and when I go into test mode I can't get the flasher to light up. I have checked the bulb and it is good.

If someone could go into test mode and let me know what it's called I'd appreciate it. This is the absolute last thing I need to get working on this pin.

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 6.34.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-10 at 6.34.11 PM (resized).png

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Does anyone know what solenoid this is?

I am not sure if this is right, but it might be "Left lock up "A" side" 05 05

That is one of the ball locks in the orion ship,

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I am not sure if this is right, but it might be "Left lock up "A" side" 05 05
That is one of the ball locks in the orion ship,

I don't think it's this one, but I'll take another look because I don't remember seeing a flasher in the 5A position under the Orion ship. It's easy enough to check this one.

I'm thinking it's 07C Ball Popper Flashers. This one is listed in the solenoids but it's not marked on the playfield legend.

If anyone else is able to chime in I'd appreciate it.

#245 6 years ago

I'm in on any ramps made for this .

I'd also love to see plastics made for this game.

And a new UN Orion ship (plus decals).

Would also buy a new playfield (ok, that's never going to be produced, so I'll settle for a used one if you have one for sale ... I'll post pics of the one I have now ... let's just say it's seen better days having sat out in the African sun ).

#246 6 years ago

Wouldn't it be great if we could put new plastics on our TTR s now with new crossover ramps and possibly the other 2 ramps? Well I just posted on the PPS forum about that. Maybe if you guys go to the forum and post to this thread-- http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/index.php/topic,1280.0.html
PPS will see that the interest is there and look into getting it done? Worth a shot I would think.

#247 6 years ago

PPS posted this in their forum about the plastics.

We will see how the Transporter ramps go and then we can figure out if there is enough interest for plastics ...

Can't ask for any more then that.

#249 6 years ago

Ok guys the mold is now done. I will take it over to the molders today and get it schedualed to run. FYI this will only be a small run of parts so you better go get them when available plus any for future use. Here is couple pics of the completed project. You can also see the ejection system there.

IMG_1817 (resized).JPGIMG_1817 (resized).JPG

IMG_1819 (resized).JPGIMG_1819 (resized).JPG

IMG_1818 (resized).JPGIMG_1818 (resized).JPG

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

FYI this will only be a small run of parts so you better go get them when available plus any for future use.

ready to place my order as soon as they become available

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 897 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transporter-the-rescue-club-beam-me-up-bally/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.