Cam Lock (resized).jpg
IMG_1560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1562 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230922_102602476 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102548767 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102557917 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 896 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 18.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I'll buy a crossover ramp regardless of who makes it ... I just got a playfield for one of these missing lots of parts and I still want to bring it back to life since I frigging love this game ... it'll be a longshot to bring it back to life, but I'll try . I figure if I get this crossover ramp, a set of new plastics, a UN Orion ship, the rear ramp, and a *LOT* of PF touchups done, it just might come back to life as a good looking example of TTR (i.e. this is going to be a long term project unless someone has an NOS playfield and all of the above FS at a reasonable price ... regardless, I'd still like to help make some of these impossible to get items a reality).
Just curious, does the crossover ramp also include the bowl?
Also, aren't there a lot of yellowed UN Orion ships out there that people want looking minty fresh? Wouldn't that be a candidate for another vacuum formed reproduction that ace-repro artist Freeplay40 could make? Also, don't all of you want crystal clear new "rear-ramps" (the one that is on the left and bridges that shot to the Orion) too? (that's a pathetic attempt to try and get support for more Transporter parts made ).

Sure, I'm in.

Love the art on this game...very HP Lovecraft inspired.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

This game was DOA when Williams bought Bally, but after a game in production started to sell lower than expectations, they went to this one as it was all they had at the time ready for the line. Nice little story on this one.

details? please share ....... would love to hear the full story on this game

#103 7 years ago

Just picked this one up. Cabinet really nice.

20170313_181704 (resized).jpg20170313_181704 (resized).jpg

20170313_182618 (resized).jpg20170313_182618 (resized).jpg

1489444424910324800906 (resized).jpg1489444424910324800906 (resized).jpg

1489444489798420859597 (resized).jpg1489444489798420859597 (resized).jpg

#104 7 years ago

I'm in for a ramp as well

#105 7 years ago

Freeplay40 Any chance you do the bowl, too?

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

freeplay40 Any chance you do the bowl, too?

Are you referring to the end of the Transporter ramp? If so, yes it is my intent to attempt the whole thing.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Are you referring to the end of the Transporter ramp? If so, yes it is my intent to attempt the whole thing.

There are 3 pieces 1 entrance ramp (hard to see entrance as it's under the bowl, one right side exit run and the shoot across bowl which is a much thicker harder plastic.

20170313_214908 (resized).jpg20170313_214908 (resized).jpg

20170313_214916 (resized).jpg20170313_214916 (resized).jpg

20170313_214901 (resized).jpg20170313_214901 (resized).jpg

#108 7 years ago

How do you raise the jackpot value (right side on the backglass)
a 0.5k jackpot is very low...

#109 7 years ago

If anyone is considering selling their TTR now would be a great time. I really love how this machine feels and plays and dream about owning it. I don't want to sound desperate, but I am. I would also agree to buyback rights if it should ever leave. Pinside honor. Thank you for your consideration.

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

If anyone is considering selling their TTR now would be a great time. I really love how this machine feels and plays and dream about owning it. I don't want to sound desperate, but I am. I would also agree to buyback rights if it should ever leave. Pinside honor. Thank you for your consideration.

Do you fell like going for a 15 hour drive (each way) I'd sell mine.

4 weeks later
#111 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Pinsider sending me the Transporter Crossover ramp this week. Will take a look as soon as I get it to see if I can do this one.

Quoted from Freeplay40:

Just saw this tonight. Had heard Rick was going to make it then something happened that he won't be making it. If someone wants to send me a decent original, I will take a good look at it and see if I can come up with a good vacuum formed replacement. If I do not do it I will reimburse sender for postage to me....If I do make it, of course donor gets original back and a new one.

Freeplay40, Any word on doing this Ramp?

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Freeplay40, Any word on doing this Ramp?

Honestly, I'm still scratching my head on this one. Specific problems with this one are the pieces in the bowl that impede the ball travel and on the left side of the ramp there is a post which is supported by the ramp structure....that support is easily formed in an injection mold however in a vacuum form, I have not figured out how to provide similar support. These two little details just add to the effort to reproduce at a reasonable cost.

#113 7 years ago

That Post is very often broken off. I have seen 3 of these games and on 2 of them, it is broken off. I am not sure of a way to bypass this, but was considering trying to use a blue pad like the ones on newer Sterns, something like that. I know it isn't ideal, but for repairing a broken or missing post, that might work. As for the Bowl, I haven't pulled a ramp out yet, is the bowl part of the ramp, or 2 separate pieces? Is the problem on the bowl the tabs in the bottom that slow the rotation, much like Creature from the Black Lagoon? It sure would be nice to make these available somehow, most are badly yellowed, which happens to fit the general color scheme of the game, but clear would be nice.

#114 7 years ago

Man, it hurts to be so close on something like this, and still so very far away. Especially given that the original molds were found recently. Appreciate the effort Freeplay

#115 6 years ago

I've been considering selling my rather mint Transporter. 9.5 + overall......full mylar day one, perfect flat playfield......beautiful cabinet........boards are perfect, extremely clean inside.

Anyone interested in an original beauty, PM me.
Bob

3 weeks later
#116 6 years ago

Count me in for a new ramp if anyone reproduces them.

#117 6 years ago

Mark is working on them. If possible - he'll come up with a design.

2 weeks later
#118 6 years ago

I need a ramp too =). Mine was for sell, but it's in a really bad shape.

3 weeks later
#119 6 years ago

Put me down for a cross-over ramp. I'm shopping one for a friend and he needs one. I also need the ramp on the right side replaced.

I have one question on this game... is there supposed to be a center post? I've seen the game with and without it. What was stock out of the factory?

#120 6 years ago

I've owned 2 and all the others that I have seen have had the center post.

And while I'm here, disregard post # 115, I must have had a temporary brain fart.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

have one question on this game... is there supposed to be a center post? I've seen the game with and without it. What was stock out of the factory?

Quoted from beepnutz:

I've owned 2 and all the others that I have seen have had the center post.

I also have 2 of them & one is a prototype & they both have the center post

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

And while I'm here, disregard post # 115, I must have had a temporary brain fart.

good for you ....... I was watching though

#123 6 years ago

The best bet for us to get a ramp made is PPS as they have the mold.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

The best bet for us to get a ramp made is PPS as they have the mold.

last info I heard on that front was that the mold they have would need to be retro fitted with some type of an adaptor piece , something to do with current injection molding techniques wont work with that mold in its current configuration & Rick hinted Too expensive for him to justify doing it .......worked behind the scenes with another Pinsider as a project ourselves,we got as far as getting a high quality computer scan of the ramp on a file which wasn't cheap!!but going forward with Mfg. proved to be too cost prohibitive ....... if anyone has an in with a plastic manufacturer that does injection molding I could make the file available

#125 6 years ago

Hi guys, sorry to bother you all with something so trivial, but I'm trying to find the part number for the flipper switches. In the manual it just shows switch 57 and 58 are the flipper lane change but I don't see a part number anywhere. I need two new flipper switches and while I'm at it I might as well replace the single lane change switch too.

flipperswitch (resized).jpgflipperswitch (resized).jpg

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

last info I heard on that front was that the mold they have would need to be retro fitted with some type of an adaptor piece , something to do with current injection molding techniques wont work with that mold in its current configuration & Rick hinted Too expensive for him to justify doing it .......worked behind the scenes with another Pinsider as a project ourselves,we got as far as getting a high quality computer scan of the ramp on a file which wasn't cheap!!but going forward with Mfg. proved to be too cost prohibitive ....... if anyone has an in with a plastic manufacturer that does injection molding I could make the file available

Is there any opportunity for us to design another version of a ramp that could easily be vacuum formed? I understand it will have to be a redesign, but not sure what the other options are.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Is there any opportunity for us to design another version of a ramp that could easily be vacuum formed? I understand it will have to be a redesign, but not sure what the other options are.

Freeplay40 is on it ........ hopefully it will happen .......

#128 6 years ago

Freeplay40 is on it ........ hopefully it will happen .......

I need to move beyond the "hopefully" part.

I am talking to a local plastics factory that does injection. I'll get back to you.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I am talking to a local plastics factory that does injection. I'll get back to you.

Roger that

#130 6 years ago

If the crossover ramp ever gets made, I hope the maker beefs up the bottom of the ramp and where the 2 posts are mounted, as these areas take a beating. I had thoughts on making a metal crossover a one point, with the plastic transporter bowl.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I need to move beyond the "hopefully" part.

I will take one Mark if you are able to get it done.

I dont have a game, but you know I like to support these efforts.

#132 6 years ago

Hello, just got mine after years of shearching! I. Great shape exept fot...? Yes the crossover ramp! So count me i for 1 crossover ramp!

#133 6 years ago

I sent out the stp file from TecumsehPlissken and it came back at $153.20 per if we bought 150.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I sent out the stp file from TecumsehPlissken and it came back at $153.20 per if we bought 150.

Is 150 the minimum run or will they do a smaller run of 50 for more money? Like $200+ dollars each?

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Is 150 the minimum run or will they do a smaller run of 50 for more money? Like $200+ dollars each?

What he said. However if we can get 50 people to commit to 2 and 15 to commit to 3, we will have enough.

I'll take 3.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Fair price. I'd do my original two, or pay a bit more for a single unit as Fifty suggested. Would you get to inspect a sample unit before the whole run is produced? (sorry, I know nothing about manufacturing processes...)

And how's this for shitty luck: I found the entrance to my side ramp, below the crossover, is busted too! You can't see it all that well because it lies under the bowl, so I never noticed. It actually may be impeding the ball from making it up the ramp too!

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

$22950.oo total cost for the run ? that's more a lot more , a whole lot more than the price we originally were quoted but still how to raise the dough $ will someone finance this project alone or as a group ?

#138 6 years ago

I am going to look up my original quote if I can still find it & post it here me & Dozer ran the numbers on it hundred times it was based on a cheaper mold that didn't last as long but still ... let me check my memory isn't that great these days

#139 6 years ago

online quote never printed it out :/ quote has expired I have re submit it now but it was different you could buy in different amounts , less $ per more qty. of course still it was about 1/2 that amount but was told the silicone mold would probably not last for as many as 150

#140 6 years ago

$22950.oo total cost for the run ? that's more a lot more , a whole lot more than the price we originally were quoted but still how to raise the dough $ will someone finance this project alone or as a group ?

It'd be for a new mold basically. The actual parts were dirt cheap, but the upfront cost to get something made were pretty high.

If someone were to step up and make this project happen, I'd think a kickstarter would be the best bet. Since a kickstarter is basically preselling products.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

It'd be for a new mold basically. The actual parts were dirt cheap, but the upfront cost to get something made were pretty high.
If someone were to step up and make this project happen, I'd think a kickstarter would be the best bet. Since a kickstarter is basically preselling products.

Curious, do youhave a transporter or plan on getting one? Or are you looking at this as a business opportunity?

3 weeks later
#142 6 years ago

hello; just picked up mine in the french mountains. after cleaning everyhting works fine. need to change the flippers at the button but everything else is fine !

my ramp is black as you can see on the pictures : any ideas ?

i will buy news ramps also ! and need the right slingshot. ( or a clean scan )

rampe (resized).jpgrampe (resized).jpg

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

my ramp is black as you can see on the pictures : any ideas ?

was that painted ?

#144 6 years ago

no. it looks like full plastic.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

no. it looks like full plastic.

What is the serial number of the game? If early in the run, maybe it was a prototype.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

What is the serial number of the game? If early in the run, maybe it was a prototype.

That would be a very nice find if it is a prototype.

#147 6 years ago

serial number is : 2008I265233 so i dont think it's a prototype.

the pinball has also a weird backglass : it's not the original one but a printed picture of the backglass http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2630&picno=30861

does anyone hav a scan of the right slingshot ? mine is broken. thanks !

#148 6 years ago

While the black ramp is a neat find I don't think it would be fun to play on. I find the clear ramp already obstructs enough of the playfield.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

serial number is : 2008I265233 so i dont think it's a prototype.
the pinball has also a weird backglass : it's not the original one but a printed picture of the backglass

the trans lite is still available from marco's http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1357-2008 that black ramp is really puzzling though I have a confirmed prototype of this game & ramp is clear like all the others I have seen

#150 6 years ago

the trans lite is still available from marco's http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1357-2008 that black ramp is really puzzling though I have a confirmed prototype of this game & ramp is clear like all the others I have seen

thanks i've just ordered one now the slingshot....

i'll make some more pictures of the lack ramp tomorrow

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

There are 896 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transporter-the-rescue-club-beam-me-up-bally/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.