By spiroagnew

11 months ago

Stats

• 118 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 weeks ago by toudg
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 38 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170313_214901 (resized).jpg
20170313_214916 (resized).jpg
20170313_214908 (resized).jpg
1489444489798420859597 (resized).jpg
1489444424910324800906 (resized).jpg
20170313_182618 (resized).jpg
20170313_181704 (resized).jpg
20170216_155822 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
Fehlendes Teil (2) (resized).JPG
FullGame LowerRight (resized).jpg
FullGame LowerLeft (resized).jpg
FullGame Date (resized).jpg
PF2 LowerLeft (resized).jpg
PF2 LowerRight (resized).jpg
PF2 ToTransporter (resized).jpg

There are 118 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 months ago

Very nice I'm assuming a prototype what with the red boards?

#52 9 months ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Or a Complete HUO game

Can we get a picture of the design team info on the playfield under the right flipper? There were a few different types of playfields made. Mine has a sticker applied to it that names Greg Kmiec as one of the designers, rather than having his name printed right on the playfield. My NOS PF has him name printed directly.

Curious what your proto PF has.

#53 9 months ago
Quoted from ronsplooter:

Very nice I'm assuming a prototype what with the red boards?

Prototype should have red boards in the head to unless they only started doing that for wpc? Red light boards usually indicate a sample or early machine where they were using up leftovers.

#54 9 months ago
Quoted from PPS:

Guys ... I'm really trying to figure out how to get this ramp made ... if you can help get anyone and everyone that has a transporter (who what i've heard probably needs this part) to get on the list. This ramp should not be more than $100-$150 in any event.

Rick, put me down for 2 ramps!

#55 9 months ago

Or a Complete HUO game

Curious to the origin of those pictures & the story of that game #11 it doesn't appear "complete" in the pictures as the crossover ramp is missing ? Edit: not only that.... where is the space ship for the upper playfield ? & one last edit in those pictures the entire upper right side upper playfield that feeds the third flipper is also missing ?

#56 9 months ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Not mine but painfully close. Way over priced and add is likely to expire soon, but thought I'd share in case someone is nuts or brave both.
lascruces.craigslist.org link

Wow at 6k thsts way overpriced. How about 3k

#57 9 months ago
Quoted from PPS:

is it a non-started if I just have the ramp and not this piece?

No

Quoted from PPS:

I'll be in Chicago on Monday and I will check out the tool to see more for myself ...
lmk,
rick

Fingers crossed for some positive news.

#58 9 months ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Fingers crossed for some positive news.

Thanks Dozer1

2 weeks later
#59 9 months ago

Update to the crossover ramp interest list:

IN FOR THE CROSSOVER
spiroagnew - 2
TecumsehPlissken - 2
dozer1 - 1
RussG - 1
Methos - 3
beepnutz - 1
chad - 2
blubboman - 1
EdisonArcade - 1
80spit - 1
d0 - 2
nats - 2

Still a long way to the magic number...

#60 9 months ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

IN FOR THE CROSSOVER
spiroagnew - 2
TecumsehPlissken - 2
dozer1 - 1
RussG - 1
Methos - 3
beepnutz - 1
chad - 2
blubboman - 1
EdisonArcade - 1
80spit - 1
d0 - 2
nats - 2
Still a long way to the magic number...

Well I'd definitely take 2 to help out the cause, but 80 more??...

#61 9 months ago

Man I REALLY Hope this happens....... some how

#62 9 months ago

If Planetary Pinball can't run and would allow it, I might try a run once I get my vacuum forming machine out of storage this winter, however looking at the ramp might be a casting, I'd have to see a clearer picture. Original forms are best, would be a shame to have them sit un-used. Maybe a higher price could justify a PPS run more feasible.

#63 9 months ago

It's not possible to vacu-form the ramp ... it's injected.

#64 9 months ago
Quoted from PPS:

It's not possible to vacu-form the ramp ... it's injected.

Thanks was editing as you wrote

#65 9 months ago

Also, I said I would take 2 of them as well. Soooooooooooooooo Rick, is that mould useable? Did you look at it at Chicago?

#66 9 months ago

i'll buy two ramps

#67 9 months ago

It is currently $9k to fix it, which we will probably do, just trying to see if we can get close to break even ...

#68 9 months ago
Quoted from PPS:

It is currently $9k to fix it, which we will probably do, just trying to see if we can get close to break even ...

Yikes! I'm hoping its a form for more than this ramp. At $100-150 a piece you would need to make more ramps than original games to break even....unless this is hint that there's going to be a TTR-R on the way! /fingers crossed.

Glad there's still interest in preserving the original parts.

#69 9 months ago

It's a pretty complex tool and a very large tool ... and missing some parts ... I could run some in a color as well, but no idea if that is blasphemy for you guys or not.

#70 9 months ago
Quoted from PPS:

It's a pretty complex tool and a very large tool ... and missing some parts ... I could run some in a color as well, but no idea if that is blasphemy for you guys or not.

If we're talking the crossover ramp, it needs to be clear as you need to see the ball/playfield/X target through it. The ramp could be modified also, don't know what parts are missing in the mold. Bottom does not need all the ribs, could be made solid/simplified for strength.

#71 9 months ago
Quoted from PPS:

I agree with beepnutz, clear is the way to go. Too much going under underneath.

Just don't offer it in the colour "Nicotine Yellow", as most of us already have that colour on our games!

1 week later
#72 9 months ago

Lol I thought that nicotine yellow was the standard color. I'll put in for 1 as well to help out.

#73 9 months ago

Sharing pics of my NOS playfield #1. Somebody put mylar on it. Date is "L.S. June 28 1989". Has white lettering on lower left and right for credits and manufacturer info.

PF1 Date (resized).jpg

PF1 Full (resized).jpg

PF1 LowerRight (resized).jpg

PF1 LowerLeft (resized).jpg

#74 9 months ago

Sharing pics of my NOS playfield #2. Date is "L.S. Apr 19 1989". I bought this from Planetary Pinball recently. As you can see it's using the incorrect blue on the RESCUE targets and other areas. Also it's missing the big red arrow labeled "To Transporter" around the multiball insert. It has black ink for the lower left and right lettering and is missing the "Original Game Design: Greg Kmiec" text.

PF2 Full (resized).jpg

PF2 Date (resized).jpg

PF2 CUE (resized).jpg

PF2 ToTransporter (resized).jpg

PF2 LowerRight (resized).jpg

PF2 LowerLeft (resized).jpg

#75 9 months ago

Sharing some detail pics my playfield #3 that came with my TTR. Date is "APR 3 1989". It has white lettering and has the sticker added to the design team area.

FullGame Date (resized).jpg

FullGame LowerLeft (resized).jpg

FullGame LowerRight (resized).jpg

#76 8 months ago

I recently finished my Space Station project so it's time to have a look at Transporter. First video is now up on my Youtube channel

» YouTube video

2 weeks later
#77 8 months ago

Next video is up on my Youtube channel

» YouTube video

#78 8 months ago

*Jo(y)in to the world*
Hello guys,

I own a Transporter The Rescue, too.
Bought my first pinball at 2009 and I was sure that he will never leave me.
The TTR was my access into the pinball scene.

I felt very crazy recognizing what happened here the last years about that mashine.
Because, last time I signed in at pinside.com there were only three or four members known owning this game!
Now they say about 50 people. That´s absolutely great.
It is important to know that there are a lot other players out there. Especially if specific answer about the TTR are needed.
Most of all detailed questions about this rare pin are hard to answer, if there exist no one else who is able to take a look at his mashine.

I hope that everybody here is willing to share. I will do my best to do the same.
I will be a more active member here now

Quoted from spiroagnew:

Just bringing the club up to speed:
Rick from Planetary Pinball found the original mold for the Transporter crossover ramp and claims that they are "about to run it". Good news, seeing as these things are always yellowed, busted and melted.
I'm compiling a list of those interested...just to add a little more incentive for these things to be built. Because, well, sometimes things from PPS just never seem to materialize for one reason or another. Can't wait to see these manufactured!
(...)

Quoted from PPS:

Quoted from PPS:

Holey Jesus!

The original tool from 1989 still exists?
That´s unbelievable...

It would be very nice, if you were able to upload a few more pictures of that tool.
I can´t imagine how it looks like refer to the black and white picture.

There is one thing I do not understand?
About 100 pre-orders are neccessary, okay.
But why only from private collectors like us?
There exists more than hundreds of pinball-shops out there. (and not only in the US)
I´m pretty sure that a lot of them would buy this ramp, too.
In my mind, this opportunity would make it much more easier to reach and overrun the "break-even-point".

Regards

Of course I would by the ramp if you reproduce it.

IN FOR THE CROSSOVER
spiroagnew - 2
TecumsehPlissken - 2
dozer1 - 2
RussG - 1
Methos - 3
beepnutz - 1
chad - 2
blubboman - 2
EdisonArcade - 2
80spit - 1
d0 - 2
nats - 2
impossible - 2

#79 8 months ago

3rd video is now up on my Youtube channel

» YouTube video

1 week later
#80 7 months ago

4th video is now up on my Youtube channel

» YouTube video

#81 7 months ago

The game is done Game play video is now up on my Youtube channel.

» YouTube video

#82 7 months ago
Quoted from ronsplooter:

The game is done Game play video is now up on my Youtube channel.
» YouTube video

Great job Chris!! Looking good.
Nice to see this Transporter got some love and dedication
Hope the game is what you expected it to be.

(and if you want to repeat the brutal road-trip ..... you know i have some more waiting for some elbow-grease )

#83 7 months ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Great job Chris!! Looking good.

Thanks Jelle I'm really happy with the game, it is awesome!!!

I'm sure I'll be in contact with you in the new year re: a repeat trip

2 weeks later
#84 7 months ago

FYI Transporter The Rescue has an official Pinside abbreviation now. TTR should now be clickable and take you to the games info page. Thanks Robin.

#85 7 months ago

If anyone ever wants to sell let me know, I'll pay well for it.

1 month later
#86 5 months ago

Heyho,

I watched all of your youtube videos "ronsplooter".
It was very interesting for me to see the different steps you did during your restoration.

The Transporter seems to be in very lovely hands for the rest of his life *hehe*
Your last game (video no.5) looks like a pro one for me man! Your highscore would be interesting
I thought I´m not the worst player on earth with my TTR, but if I compare that
Want to do the same for my pin. All Transporters deserve that procedure.

It´s easier to play better games with this "Gate" on the right side.
There you can take a look how it´s missing:
Need to find it someday

Thank you

Regards

Fehlendes Teil (2) (resized).JPG

#87 5 months ago

I'm in for ramp. Love this game.

#88 5 months ago

Yes please, can you put me on your list for a ramp. There aren't many of these in Australia but my mate also has one and he needs the ramp as well, so two for us (me).
Mine was in a very poor state of repair when I got it, with a ton of wood rot, corrosion and pretty much no base left.
Now with many hours of work, (wife included) repairing, board work, sanding, and thanks to Russ G, it is now a beautiful looking machine with a very high rating in my collection.
I have been asked many times to sell it, but I just can't bring myself to let it go anywhere, at any price....

image (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#89 4 months ago

Glad to be back in the club!! I reluctantly let one go in a massive trade a few years ago, so was glad to get one back! I need a ramp as well, so put me on the list!!

20170216_155822 (resized).jpg

#90 4 months ago

Did anyone ever make a set of Insert Decals for TTR?? I am sure many games need them, mine included!!

#91 4 months ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Did anyone ever make a set of Insert Decals for TTR?? I am sure many games need them, mine included!!

I still have some good scans of them that were given to me by another friendly Pinsider I never got around to getting them produced but would love to see them made available somehow , if anyone can reproduce these I will gladly pass along the scans

1 week later
#92 3 months ago

Add me in for a cross over ramp. Where is Rick keeping the list ?

#93 3 months ago

IN FOR THE CROSSOVER
spiroagnew - 2
TecumsehPlissken - 2
dozer1 - 2
RussG - 1
Methos - 3
beepnutz - 1
chad - 2
EdisonArcade - 2
80spit - 1
d0 - 2
nats - 2
blubboman - 2
Swainer80 - 1
impossible - 2
hank527 - 1
raysco - 2
PinsOnly - 1
Classic_Stern - 1

30 total so far.

#94 3 months ago

What is the magical number ? We talking 100 or 200. 30 seems very small. Might be time to build a custom that would look Bad A##.

1 week later
#95 3 months ago

IN FOR THE CROSSOVER
spiroagnew - 2
TecumsehPlissken - 2
dozer1 - 2
RussG - 1
Methos - 3
beepnutz - 1
chad - 2
EdisonArcade - 2
80spit - 1
d0 - 2
nats - 2
blubboman - 2
Swainer80 - 1
impossible - 2
hank527 - 1
raysco - 2
PinsOnly - 1
Classic_Stern - 1
MadMaxDad - 1
31 total so far.

#96 3 months ago

What is the magical number ? We talking 100 or 200. 30 seems very small. Might be time to build a custom that would look Bad A##.

Agree.

I think Rick was looking for 100 units of interest. An alternative may be needed even though the original tooling exists--Rick isn't in the business of goodwill...he's a businessman and needs to make a buck.

Even though this is an injection molded part, maybe @freeplay40 would have a solution here?

#97 3 months ago

Just saw this tonight. Had heard Rick was going to make it then something happened that he won't be making it. If someone wants to send me a decent original, I will take a good look at it and see if I can come up with a good vacuum formed replacement. If I do not do it I will reimburse sender for postage to me....If I do make it, of course donor gets original back and a new one.

#98 3 months ago

Pinsider sending me the Transporter Crossover ramp this week. Will take a look as soon as I get it to see if I can do this one.

#99 3 months ago

Thanks for looking at it Mark. You have at least 30 orders, if not more than that. I know that even if it doesn't look exactly like the original, as long as it functions, we would all even appreciate that. This game was DOA when Williams bought Bally, but after a game in production started to sell lower than expectations, they went to this one as it was all they had at the time ready for the line. Nice little story on this one.

#100 3 months ago

I'll buy a crossover ramp regardless of who makes it ... I just got a playfield for one of these missing lots of parts and I still want to bring it back to life since I frigging love this game ... it'll be a longshot to bring it back to life, but I'll try :-). I figure if I get this crossover ramp, a set of new plastics, a UN Orion ship, the rear ramp, and a *LOT* of PF touchups done, it just might come back to life as a good looking example of TTR (i.e. this is going to be a long term project unless someone has an NOS playfield and all of the above FS at a reasonable price ... regardless, I'd still like to help make some of these impossible to get items a reality).

Just curious, does the crossover ramp also include the bowl?

Also, aren't there a lot of yellowed UN Orion ships out there that people want looking minty fresh? Wouldn't that be a candidate for another vacuum formed reproduction that ace-repro artist Freeplay40 could make? Also, don't all of you want crystal clear new "rear-ramps" (the one that is on the left and bridges that shot to the Orion) too? (that's a pathetic attempt to try and get support for more Transporter parts made ).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 399.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Latenight Weeknight Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
There are 118 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.