Cam Lock (resized).jpg
IMG_1560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1562 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230922_102602476 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102548767 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102557917 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 897 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.
#751 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

So my transporter decided to change up its music today. It's always playing the wrong music or no music at all. Nothing changed except for that I keep removing the glass to test mods but not leaving it powered up for long. Is this something common to sys 11? Did I fry a sound board or a rom?

Roms can go bad... Re-burn or replace

#752 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

So my transporter decided to change up its music today. It's always playing the wrong music or no music at all. Nothing changed except for that I keep removing the glass to test mods but not leaving it powered up for long. Is this something common to sys 11? Did I fry a sound board or a rom?

Start by disconnecting and reconnecting the connectors to/from the sound board.

1 month later
#753 1 year ago

Club membership as of yesterday. Found a really nice example at a pretty great price.

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#754 1 year ago

e54aac01651a7c8a12afef36db6bfc093ebd319a (resized).jpege54aac01651a7c8a12afef36db6bfc093ebd319a (resized).jpeg
Hi! I have 2 sets in stock, let me know who interested. 250$ for full set include express courier shipping worldwide.

#755 1 year ago

Hello Fellow Transporter owners.

I am in need of at least the ship cover plastic for my game. I want to keep the game as orginal as possible. I am interested in the set that vbobrusev is selling. Anyone in need of any other plastics? I am willing to purchase a set but want to justify the cost of buying it for one part. Any interest? Would love to make the artwork if possible too as I have the means to laser cut the plastic. I have the artwork for the plastic, been looking for an outfit to produce the decal with adhesive on the top side.
Any help out there?
Mike

#756 1 year ago
Quoted from packie1:Anyone in need of any other plastics?

PM sent

#757 1 year ago

Hello All:

Still looking for others who may be in need of a plastic. I have had a couple contacts, but I am waiting until Friday before I decide if I want to order a set as I only really need one plastic.
In the meantime, I am finishing my refurb of my transporter and have a question about the transporter assembly. I did not take a "before" photo and now am wondering if this standoff is supposed to be here or not. it looks too short and dosen't appear to attach to anything above. Any help out there would be nice.
Mike

InkedPXL_20221108_121718193.MP (resized).jpgInkedPXL_20221108_121718193.MP (resized).jpg
#758 1 year ago

Mine has that post plus a plastic post - see pic. They must block balls from gettin on top of that plastic and getting stuck?

IMG_1053 (resized).jpgIMG_1053 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#759 1 year ago
Quoted from packie1:

I did not take a "before" photo and now am wondering if this standoff is supposed to be here or not. it looks too short and dosen't appear to attach to anything above.

Somewhat of a mystery, however, the standoff post does not appear to be factory!

Here are pics showing that area on the TTR flyer and on my machine.

The flyer shows no standoff post, just the nut fastening the plastic. This seems correct as there is nothing above for a standoff to fasten to. It also shows there is no other post above the plastic! My game (and some but not others, as above comments show) has a separate star post closer to the side of the cabinet.

I'll guess and say TTR was a game that saw several abrupt changes made from concept to final production. Elvira and the Party Monsters was being pushed next and low production of TTR (and Atlantis) was anticipating and being sacrificed for that. The Pinbot drop target decals, no star post in certain areas add to these on the fly changes.

[Note: I added the Pinbot drop target decals at a later date to my machine.]

1 TTR (resized).JPG1 TTR (resized).JPG2 TTR (resized).JPG2 TTR (resized).JPG
#760 1 year ago
Quoted from ManyQuarters:

Somewhat of a mystery, however, the standoff post does not appear to be factory!
The flyer shows no standoff post, just the nut fastening the plastic. This seems correct as there is nothing above for a standoff to fasten to. It also shows there is no other post above the plastic! My game (and some but not others, as above comments show) has a separate star post closer to the side of the cabinet.
I'll guess and say TTR was a game that saw several abrupt changes made from concept to final production. Elvira and the Party Monsters was being pushed next and low production of TTR (and Atlantis) was anticipating and being sacrificed for that. The Pinbot drop target decals, no star post in certain areas add to these on the fly changes.
[Note: I added the Pinbot drop target decals at a later date to my machine.][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! I noticed the same thing when I looked at my flyer for TTR. I am now wondering if this may the location for the lone clear Post that is listed on the parts list for the game and the hidden Greg Kmiec "RED POST" signature that he did on his games. In the parts catalog, It lists 33 red posts and one clear post.The only location that I can figure for this post would be this "blocking post". Can anyone confirm?
Mike

11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#761 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Just following up in case this is helpful for anyone. I ended up getting my original MPU board repaired by the Coin-Op cauldron, and all is well now. Something on my rottendog board was the culprit for the wrong sounds being played.

On the rottendog board I replaced roms and the logic chips, nothing helped. I don't know what else could be wrong with the board. I did reach out to whoever owns rottendog's email address now - he gave me a few tips but in the end wasn't really helpful. My last email to them was a request for repairs, but received no response. Given this, I would caution buying anything from them unless you're a gambler.

#762 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Just following up in case this is helpful for anyone. I ended up getting my original MPU board repaired by the Coin-Op cauldron, and all is well now. Something on my rottendog board was the culprit for the wrong sounds being played.
On the rottendog board I replaced roms and the logic chips, nothing helped. I don't know what else could be wrong with the board. I did reach out to whoever owns rottendog's email address now - he gave me a few tips but in the end wasn't really helpful. My last email to them was a request for repairs, but received no response. Given this, I would caution buying anything from them unless you're a gambler.

Par for the course when it comes to RD boards - I tend to stay clear...for some - no issues - for others, nothing but....

#763 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Par for the course when it comes to RD boards - I tend to stay clear...for some - no issues - for others, nothing but....

Does anyone repair rottendogs?

#764 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Does anyone repair rottendogs?

Most of the board repair guys do, yes...Hibler, Rob Anthony, Clive....

#765 1 year ago

[Note: I added the Pinbot drop target decals at a later date to my machine.][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey , where did you get those inner side art blades? Pretty nice lookin

#767 1 year ago

Can we see better pics of those blades? The art looks questionable to me, I was excited about them until I took a closer look and they seemed off, maybe it's just the pics.
B

#768 1 year ago

A couple pix. The colors are closer than the pics look. For me, my inside cabinet had some scrapes so this looks way better. The playfield is NOS so those colors should be pretty good.

IMG_1086 (resized).jpegIMG_1086 (resized).jpegIMG_1087 (resized).jpegIMG_1087 (resized).jpeg
#769 1 year ago

The ship floor is pink?

#770 1 year ago

Another few pics of retrorefurbs TTR art blades. They are made of good quality vinyl, shipping from Europe takes a while though. I really like them and have them on four of my machines (TTR, Bally Atlantis, Bad Cats and BOP). TTR look the best out of the four, (highly recommended). They match perfectly with the playfield back board art and really add to and brighten up the playfield.

12 (resized).JPG12 (resized).JPG13 (resized).JPG13 (resized).JPG14 (resized).JPG14 (resized).JPG15 (resized).JPG15 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG
#772 1 year ago

New to the club and really digging this pin. I found a nice example with new ramps, but I'm missing the X-celerator decal sticker on the Transporter drop (see pic) and also wouldn't mine new decal stickers on the drops. Anyone know if these are available anywhere? I found a zona arcade link online but it seems to no longer be active?

20221205_212006 (resized).jpg20221205_212006 (resized).jpg

#773 1 year ago
Quoted from AdamPDX:

New to the club and really digging this pin. I found a nice example with new ramps, but I'm missing the X-celerator decal sticker on the Transporter drop (see pic) and also wouldn't mine new decal stickers on the drops. Anyone know if these are available anywhere? I found a zona arcade link online but it seems to no longer be active?
[quoted image]

Contact MIKONOS (pinsider).
Mike

#774 1 year ago
Quoted from packie1:

Contact MIKONOS (pinsider).
Mike

Thank you, sent them a message.

#775 1 year ago

Hello All:
I posted a while back that i was going to get 1 set of the repro plastics and that I only needed one and would sell any remaining plastics to fellow owners who may need one. The set is great looking and I want to revisit my machine to see what I might want to trade out. In the meantime, this pic is what I have left after I took my plastic and a couple for another Transporter the Rescue owner who needed replacements. Let me know if you see something you need.
Thanks
Mike

PXL_20221208_020914194.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20221208_020914194.MP (resized).jpg
1 week later
#776 1 year ago

Joined the club the other day! Excited to clean this one up! Playfield has seen better days from planking but is presentable! It joins the other system 11s in the lineup!

89143F83-E660-49C4-A600-EAD7BFB2868A (resized).jpeg89143F83-E660-49C4-A600-EAD7BFB2868A (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#777 1 year ago

Was able to upgrade to a nicer Transporter, and don't need the repro right ramp, and crossover ramp cover from Freeplay40. They are $80 each normally plus shipping- how about $70 each plus shipping?

PM me if interested.

20230116_185139 (resized).jpg20230116_185139 (resized).jpg20230116_185235 (resized).jpg20230116_185235 (resized).jpg Added 9 months ago:

Update: These have been sold

#778 1 year ago

Hi! I have last one full set of repro plastics for Transporter, let me know if somebody need it. 240$ include courier shipping.
IMG_2399 (resized).JPGIMG_2399 (resized).JPG

#779 1 year ago

Adding an Afterglow (https://github.com/bitfieldlabs/afterglow/wiki) card really adds to the game : https://www.dropbox.com/s/98rn5tww8dmdyu1/2023-01-23%2014.13.33.mp4?dl=0

I guess a LEDOCD would do the same - recommended whichever brand you choose.

Resized_20230122_164938 (resized).jpegResized_20230122_164938 (resized).jpeg
#780 1 year ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Adding an Afterglow (https://github.com/bitfieldlabs/afterglow/wiki) card really adds to the game : https://www.dropbox.com/s/98rn5tww8dmdyu1/2023-01-23%2014.13.33.mp4?dl=0
I guess a LEDOCD would do the same - recommended whichever brand you choose.[quoted image]

Do you have any more links to expand on where to order boards to build this?

#781 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Do you have any more links to expand on where to order boards to build this?

Afterglow is a DIY project, but I have bought some preassembled boards from stumblor before.
I suggest you contact him and see what he says.

2 months later
#782 1 year ago

Is Transporter suppose to have all carrot top flippers or is it suppose to have the williams on the bottom and carrot on the top or williams all the way around? I have seen it all three ways and would like to put the game back to factory. I see the flyer has them all carrot top but have seen where they changes to the williams flippers later in the run on some system 11's

#783 1 year ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Is Transporter suppose to have all carrot top flippers or is it suppose to have the williams on the bottom and carrot on the top or williams all the way around? I have seen it all three ways and would like to put the game back to factory. I see the flyer has them all carrot top but have seen where they changes to the williams flippers later in the run on some system 11's

All 3 are ribbed...or carrot top if you will....the bottom flippers are readily available...the upper flipper is only available through us over the last few years (it went out of manu some years back it would seem)

1 month later
#784 10 months ago

Hello All:

Could someone provide me with the wire and pin outs for the 3 bank drop target board? I just got a replacement and I want to double check pinouts and wires for both connections.
Also is there a wiring diagram for the playfield?
Thanks
Mike

#785 10 months ago
Quoted from packie1:

Could someone provide me with the wire and pin outs for the 3 bank drop target board? I just got a replacement and I want to double check pinouts and wires for both connections.
Also is there a wiring diagram for the playfield?

The TTR manual can be downloaded here and has a lot of schematics etc. that may help.
https://www.ipdb.org/files/2630/Bally_1989_Transporter_the_Rescue_English_Manual.pdf

Here are a few pics of my TTR's center and left side drop target boards if that helps.

DSCF8629 (resized).JPGDSCF8629 (resized).JPGDSCF8628 (resized).JPGDSCF8628 (resized).JPG
#786 10 months ago

The TTR manual can be downloaded here and has a lot of schematics etc. that may help.
https://www.ipdb.org/files/2630/Bally_1989_Transporter_the_Rescue_English_Manual.pdf
Here are a few pics of my TTR's center and left side drop target boards if that helps.[quoted image][quoted image]

Great! Thanks for the pics. Helps a lot.
Mike

#787 10 months ago

Trying to get my ttr dialed in. I notice a number of shots that head up the left ramp but don’t quite make, roll back down and head to the right out lane. Do I not have the machine leveled correctly or is this a common occurrence when you miss the shot.

#788 10 months ago
Quoted from topkat:

Trying to get my ttr dialed in. I notice a number of shots that head up the left ramp but don’t quite make, roll back down and head to the right out lane. Do I not have the machine leveled correctly or is this a common occurrence when you miss the shot.

Mine either makes it or doesn’t. What I mean is, if it makes the entrance it’s going to go all the way through. Otherwise it just bricks off one of the sides. I don’t think I’ve ever had it go almost to the top and roll back down. I would check your steepness and side to side leveling. What coil do you have for the flippers?

Also, there should be a one way gate at the entrance to the ramp to prevent a SDTM or side shot. Does yours have this?

#789 10 months ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Mine either makes it or doesn’t. What I mean is, if it makes the entrance it’s going to go all the way through. Otherwise it just bricks off one of the sides. I don’t think I’ve ever had it go almost to the top and roll back down. I would check your steepness and side to side leveling. What coil do you have for the flippers?
Also, there should be a one way gate at the entrance to the ramp to prevent a SDTM or side shot. Does yours have this?

I will check the flipper coil, but my main concern is when it rolls down and heads to the outlane
There is a gate there. It’s a strange shaped gate with the left side being open and the right side of the gate almost closed off. Can you please post a pic of your gate ?

#790 10 months ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Mine has flipper hop which makes it even more of a pain. Haven't been able to work the hop out.

#791 10 months ago
Quoted from topkat:

I will check the flipper coil, but my main concern is when it rolls down and heads to the outlane
There is a gate there. It’s a strange shaped gate with the left side being open and the right side of the gate almost closed off. Can you please post a pic of your gate ?

Here is the setup mine has. After referencing the manual, it turns out mine has the incorrect coil for the right flipper. Someone replaced the FL xxx30 with a FLxxx29 which is stronger. This would explain the rare instances of rollback on the ramp.

IMG_4457 (resized).jpegIMG_4457 (resized).jpegIMG_4458 (resized).jpegIMG_4458 (resized).jpegIMG_4459 (resized).jpegIMG_4459 (resized).jpegIMG_4460 (resized).jpegIMG_4460 (resized).jpeg
#792 10 months ago

That ramp entrance gate kicks the ball to the left if the ball comes back down ramp. That's how it's supposed to be.

IMG_0519 (resized).jpegIMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
#793 10 months ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Here is the setup mine has. After referencing the manual, it turns out mine has the incorrect coil for the right flipper. Someone replaced the FL xxx30 with a FLxxx29 which is stronger. This would explain the rare instances of rollback on the ramp. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the photos. Mine has the same gate. It must be that my machine isn’t level. I will check that next.

#794 10 months ago

I'm probably the last one to notice this..

I was staring at my playfield art today and noticed the artist put his initials in the monsters forehead.

#795 10 months ago

Does anyone know when the bridge flasher goes off in the game? It’s flasher 2c and mine works in test mode but I’ve never seen I. The game

IMG_1020 (resized).jpegIMG_1020 (resized).jpeg
#796 10 months ago
Quoted from topkat:

Does anyone know when the bridge flasher goes off in the game? It’s flasher 2c and mine works in test mode but I’ve never seen I. The game [quoted image]

Tried with glass on, nothing I did made it fire. You would think it would fire every time you hit the ball pop-up and shoot over the bridge.

#797 10 months ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Tried with glass on, nothing I did made it fire. You would think it would fire every time you hit the ball pop-up and shoot over the bridge.

So not just mine. Strange. Maybe for jackpot ?

#798 9 months ago

Hi all, new member of the club from the UK. Seems to be a pretty unsual machine in the UK, this thread has been a real help reading up on the machine and parts I can get / will need. The machine is in need of a full restore so will be working through it in time.

One part I am particularly keen to try to find is a Translight as it was the only major piece missing, if anyone has one spare or knows of anywhere that has one would be great to know.

PXL_20230627_154045619 (resized).jpgPXL_20230627_154045619 (resized).jpg

PXL_20230627_154050187 (resized).jpgPXL_20230627_154050187 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#799 9 months ago

There are times when the black hole bonus ladder is counted down as bonus when you drain. I cant figure out what needs to be done for that to happen.. I thought it was it was at a certain tier, but it seems not be any specific amount I can tell.
Does anyone know the rule?

1 week later
#800 9 months ago

Does anyone know how to advance the jackpot value? I have done a factory reset by removing the old battery holder and replacing it with a new one. Jackpot value has remained at 2 million and has not advanced at all since owning it. I also have not collected a jackpot yet

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

There are 897 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transporter-the-rescue-club-beam-me-up-bally/page/16?hl=zigzagzag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.