Cam Lock (resized).jpg
IMG_1560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1562 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230922_102602476 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102548767 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102557917 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 897 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 18.
#651 3 years ago

I finished with ramp artwork!

Tell me what do you think.

"Transporter The Rescue Pinball Ramp Decal" (BALLY). Restored by Mikonos
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Transporter%20Pinball%20Ramp%20Decal.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg
Transporter Pinball Ramp Decal. Restored Mikonos1.jpgTransporter Pinball Ramp Decal. Restored Mikonos1.jpg
*I take bigger screenshots and photos, for to avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary).

Regards

#652 3 years ago

Looks great! Thanks again for doing this!!

#653 3 years ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

Looks great! Thanks again for doing this!!

Replied!

I think I will pick up "Ramp Decals" tomorrow! I will try to do some photos!

Greetings!

#654 3 years ago

i need a set to go with my freeplay40 ramps

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Tell me what do you think

I want to buy

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:i need a set to go with my freeplay40 ramps

Yes, me too please.

#657 3 years ago

I like to release some photos first of last artwork I reproduced, "Ramp Decal"! Write at my mail after that, please!

This is my mail: [email protected]

*If you need my help with other artwork, request me for it/them here or in my mail too. I like to work in more artwork from this pinball or I will jump to others (I´m working in The Addams Family too)

Greetings!

#658 3 years ago

"Transporter The Rescue Ramp Decal" printed in inverted vinyl and precut (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Transporter-The-Rescue-Ramp-Decal-print1.JPG
Transporter-The-Rescue-Ramp-Decal-print1.jpgTransporter-The-Rescue-Ramp-Decal-print1.jpg

"Transporter The Rescue Ramp Decal" printed in inverted vinyl and precut (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Transporter-the-Rescue-Ramp-Decal-print2.JPG
Transporter-the-Rescue-Ramp-Decal-print2.jpgTransporter-the-Rescue-Ramp-Decal-print2.jpg
*I take bigger screenshots and photos, for to avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary).

Regards

#659 3 years ago

I’ll take one too

Thank you for doing these

#660 3 years ago

Hi to all users interested in ramp decal!

I sent several copies to some users of this Club and I like to get feedback first. I like to know if colours are right and others. When I have this feedback, I will write you with more details. I´m trying to do my best all time, but I haven´t this pinball.

I imagine that we will see some photos with my repros from those users here soon . I´m eager and hesitate!

Be patient and you will get the best copy possible!

Best regards

Mikonos

4 weeks later
#663 3 years ago

Just picked up my Transporter! Acid damage to MPU.
Can't wait to get this machine back and running.
Mike

3 weeks later
#664 3 years ago

hello here are some pictures of the mikonos drop target replacement sitckers. it's really a good job ! you can see old and news ones.

transporter (resized).jpgtransporter (resized).jpgtransporter2 (resized).jpgtransporter2 (resized).jpg
#665 3 years ago

i 've removed the stickers from the space ship... unbelievable it's normally grey ... any idea how to fix this ?

20201122_182751_resized (resized).jpg20201122_182751_resized (resized).jpg
#666 3 years ago

Wondering if your only option is to paint it uniform. Then reapply a decal.

#667 3 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

i 've removed the stickers from the space ship... unbelievable it's normally grey ... any idea how to fix this ?
[quoted image]

Retr0bright
(UV light + hydrogen peroxide solution 12% for 24 hours)

#670 3 years ago

Hello ALL
Can someone take a pic of their left side kicker under the apron? Mine sticks and it does not look orginal to the game. It also had 2 wire springs on it. I want to order (if possible) the correct one. Here is the one on my game. looks like the wrong coil too.

Mike

PXL_20201201_222304892 (resized).jpgPXL_20201201_222304892 (resized).jpg
#671 3 years ago

not sure if this what is supposed to be there? Think without some kinda of stop this could shoot the ball and the plunger across the playfield.
Mike

WLL-B10686-1+ (resized).jpgWLL-B10686-1+ (resized).jpg
#672 3 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Hello ALL
Can someone take a pic of their left side kicker under the apron? Mine sticks and it does not look orginal to the game. It also had 2 wire springs on it. I want to order (if possible) the correct one. Here is the one on my game. looks like the wrong coil too.
Mike[quoted image]

Hi Mike,

Here are a few pics of my TTR kickback coil. It appears to be factory as all fasteners are in agreement and the soldering appears untouched. It seems then that the W AE-24-900 coil is what's required.

(By the way, glad I checked mine as the lower wire to the coil has a bared spot just past the solder terminal. This was probably from apron contact friction and I will be repairing before it causes trouble.)

Daniel

TTR kickback coil (resized).jpgTTR kickback coil (resized).jpgTTR kickback coil 3 (resized).jpgTTR kickback coil 3 (resized).jpg
#673 3 years ago

Daniel
Thanks! Now I just need to find that plunger. Mine is worn so bad that no amount of cleaning will help.
Mike

1 week later
#674 3 years ago

after retrobright ! i do confirm UVs are essential. now let's put those stickers on.

transporter (resized).jpgtransporter (resized).jpg
#675 3 years ago

I have a Transporter project, was going to do a full pf swap, but the projects are lining up. Is the game really enjoyable and one to keep around, or is it just an average system 11?

#676 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I have a Transporter project, was going to do a full pf swap, but the projects are lining up. Is the game really enjoyable and one to keep around, or is it just an average system 11?

I personally really enjoy it

I would put it in with WWind, Mousin, Spacestation, ES, Grand Lizard, and Radical as the best of the sys11-11c category

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

after retrobright ! i do confirm UVs are essential. now let's put those stickers on.
[quoted image]

Whoa! That looks really great

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Transporter The Rescue is an interesting, very enjoyable game, plays well and mine is certainly a keeper. I love my Bad Cats, presently rated #162 but Transporter, rated #187 plays better and in that regard should rate higher than BC.

Plenty of tlc and cool but subtle mods have gone into my TTR and I'm nearly done fixing her up (will post more on that later).

A worthwhile and valuable investment in my opinion.

#679 3 years ago
Quoted from ManyQuarters:

Transporter The Rescue is an interesting, very enjoyable game, plays well and mine is certainly a keeper. I love my Bad Cats, presently rated #162 but Transporter, rated #187 plays better and in that regard should rate higher than BC.
Plenty of tlc and cool but subtle mods have gone into my TTR and I'm nearly done fixing her up (will post more on that later).
A worthwhile and valuable investment in my opinion.

I haven’t had much time with bad cats, ttr can be so fast, brutal and rewarding, the sound and theme needs to resonate with the player, it’s a sci-fi fantasy dream theme, I love the Star Trek / lost in space / tense adventure vibe it puts out...

I’m curious of your mods you have implemented,

I have an alien made of led’s above my shooter, and an alien peeking through the side art...

3FA2A9D1-8F44-46B7-A2B4-66DF2FD62FD4 (resized).jpeg3FA2A9D1-8F44-46B7-A2B4-66DF2FD62FD4 (resized).jpeg
#680 3 years ago

Trans>bad cats all day.

Bad cats has very little to offer other than it’s pretty.

#681 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Trans>bad cats all day.
Bad cats has very little to offer other than it’s pretty.

So many people praise it though, oh well, all I remember is the “bad cats, re-arowwww!” Sound from the game

I’d rather hear transporter in my gameroom, lol cats are crazy!

#682 3 years ago

I felt fortunate to have acquired a TTR this past summer. It was in average condition but everything worked! A really good cleaning and much tlc later has brought it along to above average. I’m still experimenting but mainly what’s left is cabinet and playfield touch up, side art, losing the right apron card and finding one of those chrome Bally backbox logos!

I like checking out the original flyer to see where the initial concept was trying to go. Around the time of production, Bally / Williams were still merging and I can imagine Elvira ATPM was, of course, looking like the hot (signed up) seller…so… a quick end was made of TTR and Atlantis…hence their low production numbers (a guess)!
All in all, a great playing game, great sound track especially with two balls locked and then a real tough challenge to time and maintain three ball multi-ball.

Ok, here's what I've done so far:
- Setting: I paired TTR off with Atlantis (both 1989), for a balanced look to the place.
- Lighted translucent red flipper and start buttons and translucent red plunger. The bonus here is the plunger tip is now lighted by the right flipper button.
- Red translucent accelerator ramp with coordinated red light installed in the circular boss (flyer concept).
- Pinbot drop target decals (another flyer concept and just didn't like the no name black on yellow factory look decals).
- Red led installed under upper left corner plastic.
- Red star posts and leds in the upper half of the playfield and clear posts with white leds in the lower half (with a few teal green thin posts for accent colour).
- Blue leds for the spaceship (still wondering about that, blue oversaturates in the pics)!
- Moved one of the two GI lights under the plastic near the escape hatch and lit the cockpit with blue led.
- Black rubber all around except for competition red posts near the ramp (cheater post was already there) and red upper flipper band.
- A little mylar reinforcement at the inlane outhole ramp cracking.
- A dab of solid singer (sewing machine) lubricant on the spinner shaft (wow she spins)!
- Chrome backbox molding to replace the scuffed/scratched/and at some point nailed in black factory stuff.
- Chrome legs like in the flyer.
- I left the crazy insert decals someone added!?...(for now)...flying rocks, jets at max etc...lol.
- And of course added the doomed sci fi message..."But We Must Communicate With It!"

DSCF7155 (resized).JPGDSCF7155 (resized).JPGDSCF7156 (resized).JPGDSCF7156 (resized).JPGDSCF7163 (resized).JPGDSCF7163 (resized).JPGDSCF7216 (resized).JPGDSCF7216 (resized).JPGTTR Message - But we must... (resized).JPGTTR Message - But we must... (resized).JPGTTR Message - with it. (resized).JPGTTR Message - with it. (resized).JPGTTR chrome legs and molding (resized).JPGTTR chrome legs and molding (resized).JPGTTR full lit cabinet (resized).jpgTTR full lit cabinet (resized).jpgTTR lit lower playfield (resized).jpgTTR lit lower playfield (resized).jpgTTR lit playfield 2 (resized).jpgTTR lit playfield 2 (resized).jpgTTR message - Communicate... (resized).JPGTTR message - Communicate... (resized).JPGTTR red ramp (resized).jpgTTR red ramp (resized).jpgTTR setting (resized).jpgTTR setting (resized).jpg
#683 3 years ago

Hello All:

I waited till Christmas tostart my Transporter project.I noticed in removing the ramp that there are 2 screws on the right side that hold the ramp to the upper wood Transporter area. Is this correct? I have to order a replacement ramp and need to fix the artwork on the wood area, so if I can plan ahead and get the right screws. Let me know or show me some pics of what I need to have mine look like.
Mike

PXL_20201224_125906262 (resized).jpgPXL_20201224_125906262 (resized).jpgPXL_20201224_125911519 (resized).jpgPXL_20201224_125911519 (resized).jpgPXL_20201224_125913689 (resized).jpgPXL_20201224_125913689 (resized).jpg
#684 3 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Hello All:
I waited till Christmas tostart my Transporter project.I noticed in removing the ramp that there are 2 screws on the right side that hold the ramp to the upper wood Transporter area. Is this correct? I have to order a replacement ramp and need to fix the artwork on the wood area, so if I can plan ahead and get the right screws. Let me know or show me some pics of what I need to have mine look like.
Mike
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes there are 2 screws, they are the self cutting type that bite into the plastic ramp

You might want to get the ramp first to measure correctly

1 month later
#685 3 years ago

All Right I am slowly working on my Transporter when I notice these wires taped up. This is on the right side of the playfield between slingshot and top right flipper. Any help as where they are to go?
Thanks
Mike

PXL_20210126_123232988 (resized).jpgPXL_20210126_123232988 (resized).jpgPXL_20210126_123236858 (resized).jpgPXL_20210126_123236858 (resized).jpgPXL_20210126_123302512 (resized).jpgPXL_20210126_123302512 (resized).jpg
#686 3 years ago
Quoted from packie1:All Right I am slowly working on my Transporter when I notice these wires taped up. This is on the right side of the playfield between slingshot and top right flipper. Any help as where they are to go?
Thanks
Mike
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi Mike,
Here is a pic of my Transporter and you can see that the same two wires are connected and shrink tubed. My game is hack free, all the flippers have been rebuilt and it plays flawlessly with no issues whatsoever, so maybe it's the factory set up. I searched around for the same color combination of wires and the only other place I noticed they exist is to the right flipper coil. I included a pic of that for the sake of completeness.
Daniel

1 - Transporter third flipper coil area (resized).JPG1 - Transporter third flipper coil area (resized).JPG2 - Transporter right flipper coil area (resized).JPG2 - Transporter right flipper coil area (resized).JPG
#687 3 years ago
Quoted from ManyQuarters:

Hi Mike,
Here is a pic of my Transporter and you can see that the same two wires are connected and shrink tubed. My game is hack free, all the flippers have been rebuilt and it plays flawlessly with no issues whatsoever, so maybe it's the factory set up. I searched around for the same color combination of wires and the only other place I noticed they exist is to the right flipper coil. I included a pic of that for the sake of completeness.
Daniel[quoted image][quoted image]

Daniel
Thanks for the reply. Anyone else have this? Now i'm curious what the design intent was for these wires? Another flipper? Light linked to the right flipper?
Mike

#688 3 years ago

A few pics of recent TTR home mods.

- Blue (Fathom) bumper surrounds under original red caps (ties in and balances the look of the blue led's in the space ship with the blue flasher caps).
- Blue bumper surround cut pieces were placed on the end of the inlane return ramp (giving a kind of art deco look) and on the bottom of the space ship engine intake port.
- Replaced the 1 Million X-celerator sticker with a trimmed and inside mounted, clear star burst insert (gives a cool 'Transporter doorway materializer' sort of look!)

I feel these mods, like the Pinbot drop target decals, are visual improvements in keeping with the original design as presented in the TTR flyer.

0 - TTR (resized).JPG0 - TTR (resized).JPG2 - TTR (resized).JPG2 - TTR (resized).JPG5 - TTR (resized).JPG5 - TTR (resized).JPG7  TTR (resized).JPG7 TTR (resized).JPG8 - TTR (resized).JPG8 - TTR (resized).JPG9 - TTR (resized).JPG9 - TTR (resized).JPG
#689 3 years ago

Hey Transporter club, I've got a small favor to ask. I stripped down my game, fixed some chips in the playfield, rebuilt the drops, pops and VUK and am putting it back together, installing new ramps and I'm seeing that this game has been torn apart before and rebuilt with wrong hardware and missing posts. Most of it I figured out but I'm stumped on the posts around the left ramp entry and the gate that seems to be missing on 50% of the games I can find pics of.
some pics
This is what it looks like now, it seems like some people have a metal bracket there, some have a gate, some have an additional vertical bracket.

IMG_20210206_204325644 (resized).jpgIMG_20210206_204325644 (resized).jpg
#690 3 years ago

Here's what mine looked like before I tore it down and some pics of others I've found that have the gate and or bracket
I noticed on the flyer it shows a gate, not sure if that was just the prototypes or?
Thanks for the help!
B

IMG_20201031_153400278 (resized).jpgIMG_20201031_153400278 (resized).jpg8797ebb1643377dc83f5999a01f854f78ecbe871.jpeg (resized).jpg8797ebb1643377dc83f5999a01f854f78ecbe871.jpeg (resized).jpga1bcf3f6b169bf13605e9b960ce4e1bdb91366ce (resized).jpga1bcf3f6b169bf13605e9b960ce4e1bdb91366ce (resized).jpg
#691 3 years ago

Started tear down of mine. Here is the gate.
Mike

PXL_20201230_134318553 (resized).jpgPXL_20201230_134318553 (resized).jpg

PXL_20201230_134456372 (resized).jpgPXL_20201230_134456372 (resized).jpg

PXL_20201230_134457895 (resized).jpgPXL_20201230_134457895 (resized).jpg
#692 3 years ago

I have prototype #11 & can confirm it has the same wire form as shown in Packie1 first pic.

#693 3 years ago

Thanks! Interesting, obviously that gate goes both ways and isn't connected to anything on the underside of the playfield correct?
Do you guys have metal brackets on your ramps? Seems to be a place for one there.
I talked to cliffy, he doesn't make anything for transporter, unfortunately
B

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

Thanks! Interesting, obviously that gate goes both ways and isn't connected to anything on the underside of the playfield correct?
Do you guys have metal brackets on your ramps? Seems to be a place for one there.
I talked to cliffy, he doesn't make anything for transporter, unfortunately
B

Where are you seeing that? If you have broken plastic ramp, I would order from planetary pinball. I did. Great looking

#695 3 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Where are you seeing that? If you have broken plastic ramp, I would order from planetary pinball. I did. Great looking

Like I said, I have new ramps installed. I included a pic of one of the games with a bracket or protector, several others are posted on this thread. New ramps seem to have an area for this bracket.
I'm going to reach out to Kyle at Marcos, Steve Young and cliffy to see what I can shake loose
Thanks again
B

#696 3 years ago

I've found the part #'s for the wireform and the gate, PBR has the wireform but so far I haven't been able to locate the gate, may have to fabricate one myself.
For future reference Gate is part # A-129 15 Wireform is #12-6858

#697 3 years ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

Like I said, I have new ramps installed. I included a pic of one of the games with a bracket or protector, several others are posted on this thread. New ramps seem to have an area for this bracket.
I'm going to reach out to Kyle at Marcos, Steve Young and cliffy to see what I can shake loose
Thanks again
B

Sorry I had to look again at your pics. My machine does not have either. I also checked the parts catalog that Planetary Pinball has and I see the ramps but no metal protectors. They might have been a game update after ramps starting getting broke. Just my guess.
Mike

#698 3 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Sorry I had to look again at your pics.
Mike

No Stress Mike! Thanks for taking another look. After talking to PBR, Kyle at Marcos, Pinball life, Cliffy and Pinball spare parts it looks like these gates are unobtainium.
I have an offer from one of the above (not allowed to say who!) to reproduce these if I can find an original one to copy, I know it's a long shot but anyone got a parts game? Or one they don't need for 4-6weeks?
Darin? You out there? I know you have enough parts to make 3 transporters...what say you?
Thanks all.
B

#699 3 years ago

Hello guys!

Can someone take high res photos from the 2 apron cards please?
Thank you.

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from Joco77:

Hello guys!
Can someone take high res photos from the 2 apron cards please?
Thank you.

Cards are available here http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 897 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transporter-the-rescue-club-beam-me-up-bally/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.