Cam Lock (resized).jpg
IMG_1560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1562 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230922_102602476 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102548767 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102557917 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 896 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.
#551 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I just talked to rick PPS about getting plastics sets and decals, he has films and is looking into it now. Stay tuned.

Great News!

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I just talked to rick PPS about getting plastics sets and decals, he has films and is looking into it now. Stay tuned.

I have repros if you need it

#553 4 years ago

Ramp decals or the plastics?

#554 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I spent about 45 hours and photoshopped the plastic set a year ago and a fellow on eBay has the set available.

He is also here on pinside. And has posted in this thread. vbobrusev

I had contacted pps as well, and Despite my best efforts over a year, nothing happened. Same with Cpr even though I offered them the files.

Good luck!

#555 4 years ago

Here is a scan of the ramp decal curtesy of Freeplay40, I have not, and don’t know when I will have a chance to reproduce it. Hopefully this will help us out with somebody that has some extra time
B1AF90F7-B4FA-4E09-82DA-A23F3362157E (resized).jpegB1AF90F7-B4FA-4E09-82DA-A23F3362157E (resized).jpeg

#556 4 years ago

hes looking into all decals and plastics. currently i only need a right sling plastic.
I have a little more pull with PPS as my shop builds molds for them and does repair/fixes tooling.
transporter crossover ramp built right here in my shop

#557 4 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Ramp decals or the plastics?

Plastics

Quoted from pin-pimp:

hes looking into all decals and plastics. currently i only need a right sling plastic.
I have a little more pull with PPS as my shop builds molds for them and does repair/fixes tooling.

I here slingshots plastics for separate sale

#558 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Thanks again for getting the ramps going.

#559 4 years ago

Yes thank you I was in need of new ramp!

IMG_20190804_163017969 (resized).jpgIMG_20190804_163017969 (resized).jpg
#560 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

hes looking into all decals

Yes!!

#561 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

All of us here owe you a huge thanks for helping push the ramp forward!!

6A238FC5-08F5-4404-84F5-E910F6E340EC (resized).jpeg6A238FC5-08F5-4404-84F5-E910F6E340EC (resized).jpeg
#562 4 years ago

Cool, thanks guys. We are always working on bringing some old tooling back to life.
I got my free play 3 piece ramp set today. I didn’t need them but figured I’d get them while available for future use in case. I did notice they are thicker than originals and that’s a good thing. Prob put them on after the decals are available

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

All of us here owe you a huge thanks for helping push the ramp forward!![quoted image]

superb & "clean" ! i'm jealous now...

1 week later
#564 4 years ago

Hello, I am looking for cabinet decals or good photos or prints to make decals of the transporter

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from Nico74:

Hello, I am looking for cabinet decals or good photos or prints to make decals of the transporter

his name is Joe Pastucci he has made several sets of cabinet decals for Transporter , for me as well as others on here .... his contact info is [email protected]

#566 4 years ago

thanks

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:hes looking into all decals and plastics.
Quoted from Nico74:

This got me wondering if PPS was planning on doing the playfield decals too?

#568 4 years ago

Just making a mod announcement. M&M Creations began making repro MRS' in mid-2019, but only announced on the RFM page (they are handmade and we didn't want to get overrun with orders). We've been slowly branching out to other pin clubs that utilize this crazy unobtanium switch....the MRS stands for Magnetic Reed Switch - and they are also found in CV, SC, NGG, SWE1 and CC. MRS' went unobtanium half a dozen years ago or so - so my partner and I at M&M Creations decided to remake them. From that we modified the MRS to fit the CFTBL whirlpool so that one can remove the Cherry switch that the ball smacks as it rotates - this was a popular mod to do, using the original MRS, but now Creech owners could have an MRS that was custom fit. Well the same concept has been applied to the Transporter bowl - the results of which are in the pic below. Now, we colored that switch body GREEN for easier viewing - but in reality the switch is black. It is plug and play and is self-adhering to the bowl - in essence identical to what we've done with Creech. We wanted to hit the club up to gauge interest as we tool up to make a run of some of them.....you'll find plenty of testimonial on the Creech forum - and with the new ramps having been made - the timing is good. Just PM to be put on the list! Thanks!

Matt (Sonic) & Dan (Blubboman)

IMG_04561 (resized).jpgIMG_04561 (resized).jpg
#569 4 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

his name is Joe Pastucci he has made several sets of cabinet decals for Transporter , for me as well as others on here .... his contact info is [email protected]

I already emailed Joe Pastucci a few days ago but I don't get a response
are there any possibilities how I can reach him

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Just making a mod announcement. M&M Creations began making repro MRS' in mid-2019, but only announced on the RFM page (they are handmade and we didn't want to get overrun with orders). We've been slowly branching out to other pin clubs that utilize this crazy unobtanium switch....the MRS stands for Magnetic Reed Switch - and they are also found in CV, SC, NGG, SWE1 and CC. MRS' went unobtanium half a dozen years ago or so - so my partner and I at M&M Creations decided to remake them. From that we modified the MRS to fit the CFTBL whirlpool so that one can remove the Cherry switch that the ball smacks as it rotates - this was a popular mod to do, using the original MRS, but now Creech owners could have an MRS that was custom fit. Well the same concept has been applied to the Transporter bowl - the results of which are in the pic below. Now, we colored that switch body GREEN for easier viewing - but in reality the switch is black. It is plug and play and is self-adhering to the bowl - in essence identical to what we've done with Creech. We wanted to hit the club up to gauge interest as we tool up to make a run of some of them.....you'll find plenty of testimonial on the Creech forum - and with the new ramps having been made - the timing is good. Just PM to be put on the list! Thanks!
Matt (Sonic) & Dan (Blubboman)[quoted image]

thats a neat idea, I'll take a closer look at my switch soon to see if the MRS would be a more beneficial add-on, I just put in a new switch in that bowl

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

thats a neat idea, I'll take a closer look at my switch soon to see if the MRS would be a more beneficial add-on, I just put in a new switch in that bowl

It's a neat little mod that allows the ball to do it's thing in the bowl - Creech folks love it for the same reason - fun to watch the ball go 'round and round....plus the switch is contactless - thus long life span....

#573 4 years ago

My right side GI is out again. I thought I had fixed this but now it's back. Checked and or replaced fuses on interconnect board and replaced the gi relay board under playfield with a brand new one. In the past about every 50 games or so a fuse would pop and I would replace. Now nothing.

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

My right side GI is out again. I thought I had fixed this but now it's back. Checked and or replaced fuses on interconnect board and replaced the gi relay board under playfield with a brand new one. In the past about every 50 games or so a fuse would pop and I would replace. Now nothing.

did you pull the interconnect board and reflow the header pins for the gi, and rebuild its connector? (sorry if you have and I missed it.) also, if the gi fuse is popping, then something sounds like its shorted out. Im guessing your well versed in all of this as it were

#575 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

did you pull the interconnect board and reflow the header pins for the gi, and rebuild its connector? (sorry if you have and I missed it.) also, if the gi fuse is popping, then something sounds like its shorted out. Im guessing your well versed in all of this as it were

yea, board was pulled and worked on by one of the best in the biz, connectors repinned, etc... I thought I had it fixed but now they are completely out with NO fuse popping. new relay board put in also to make sure nothing was up with it.

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

yea, board was pulled and worked on by one of the best in the biz, connectors repinned, etc... I thought I had it fixed but now they are completely out with NO fuse popping. new relay board put in also to make sure nothing was up with it.

Pull the fuse that drives this G.I. string out, then set your dmm to measure amperage and measure across the fuse Holder with the game on.
What is the reading in your dmm? Do the lamps light up now?
If you see amperage building up fast over 5amps pull your leads out fast!!! You may have a short!

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I thought I had replaced all the bad connectors, pulled the GI connector and it was a little burnt underneath, repinned it and fixed. thanks man

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I thought I had replaced all the bad connectors, pulled the GI connector and it was a little burnt underneath, repinned it and fixed. thanks man

That’s great! They’re always pesky

#579 4 years ago

from 14,510,850 to 14.519.460... hiscore just beaten !!!
i love this game

WP_20200127_21_15_37_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20200127_21_15_37_Pro (resized).jpg

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

from 14,510,850 to 14.519.460... hiscore just beaten !!!
i love this game
[quoted image]

nice score, I have hit around 8mil before

1 week later
#582 4 years ago

PPS has found the films for the plastic set, i've got to strip mine down and send in sample plastics so they can generate a cut file, still looking for ramp and decal films.

2 weeks later
#583 4 years ago

Hey everyone, I'm in the middle of restoring my transporter and I need some help.n I'm looking for a some high quality pictures of the playfield plastics. PDF files would be great. Mostly looking for the little plastic piece right behind the x cellarator target. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 week later
#584 4 years ago

Hey Transporter club, new member here, frickin' love this game!

I noticed that people were talking about the decals and I am in need of them, were they ever produced by Planetary? I need the drop target decals, the decal for the bowl and the left ramp decal, anyone have a lead on these? I know of 3 other owners locally that are also looking for them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I recently ordered a full plastic set from Vbobrusev and they look good, I'll be installing them today, but pretty happy with them, colors are almost perfect, they look strong, solid. I'd recommend reaching out to him, I think he sells individual plastics as well as the full set. Shipping from Russia took some time but they arrived in good shape.

Thanks again for any help on the decals.
B

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

Hey Transporter club, new member here, frickin' love this game!
I noticed that people were talking about the decals and I am in need of them, were they ever produced by Planetary? I need the drop target decals, the decal for the bowl and the left ramp decal, anyone have a lead on these? I know of 3 other owners locally that are also looking for them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I recently ordered a full plastic set from Vbobrusev and they look good, I'll be installing them today, but pretty happy with them, colors are almost perfect, they look strong, solid. I'd recommend reaching out to him, I think he sells individual plastics as well as the full set. Shipping from Russia took some time but they arrived in good shape.
Thanks again for any help on the decals.
B

How's the bowl MRS working for you - meant to ask.....

#586 4 years ago

Sonic- Still haven't installed it yet, tracking down the last few parts I need before I strip this game down for a full cleaning/rerubber new ramps/mods etc.
doesn't look like the tape or adhesive was included so I guess I need to track down some industrial strength double sided tape.
I'll let you know and will post pics once it goes in so everyone here can see.
Thanks for following up!
B

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

Sonic- Still haven't installed it yet, tracking down the last few parts I need before I strip this game down for a full cleaning/rerubber new ramps/mods etc.
doesn't look like the tape or adhesive was included so I guess I need to track down some industrial strength double sided tape.
I'll let you know and will post pics once it goes in so everyone here can see.
Thanks for following up!
B

My bad....it should be on there - I do include it - I may have forgotten to apply- my apologies! Any decent double sided tape will do....I use stuff to repair phone/tablet screens from 3M...

#588 4 years ago

Installed the bowl MRS switch and also a MRS switch on the left ramp for Transporter. I'm super excited to finish putting this back together and getting to play it. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

14687 (resized).jpeg14687 (resized).jpeg14689 (resized).jpeg14689 (resized).jpeg
#589 4 years ago
Quoted from Pozzest01:

Installed the bowl MRS switch and also a MRS switch on the left ramp for Transporter. I'm super excited to finish putting this back together and getting to play it. I'll let you know how it all turns out.[quoted image][quoted image]

I can'it wait!!

#590 4 years ago

I'm excited for this also! Transporter is such a cool game.

2 weeks later
#591 4 years ago

New ramps showed from Freeplay40. Installing them now. Thanks again!

IMG_20200325_181941493 (resized).jpgIMG_20200325_181941493 (resized).jpg
#592 4 years ago

had a fantastic 1st ball... than of course all goes wrong on ball 2 & 3 (did not beat my 14M hiscore)

WP_20200329_22_02_01_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20200329_22_02_01_Pro (resized).jpg

1 week later
#594 3 years ago

I picked up this HUO machine about 5 months ago.. it’s damn near mint.. and I just put this score on her, coming for ya RipleYYY!!

A25D0269-52EF-4E70-BD10-C4FD9F442011 (resized).jpegA25D0269-52EF-4E70-BD10-C4FD9F442011 (resized).jpeg
#595 3 years ago

hello, i cleaned my transporter and install the new ramps. once finished a problem appeared : the jet flash 0504 , simple sup flash 0506 ( at least i dont see a flash when these are displayed in the coil test modebut i dont know where to look ) and right sling shot 0520 dont work anymore. Any idea what to check ? the slignshot switch works fine. thanks for helping

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptNRetro:

I picked up this HUO machine about 5 months ago.. it’s damn near mint.. and I just put this score on her, coming for ya RipleYYY!![quoted image]

finally, may be some challenge soon...
right now, my 4 hi-scores are above yours (the highest still at 14M)

#597 3 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

hello, i cleaned my transporter and install the new ramps. once finished a problem appeared : the jet flash 0504 , simple sup flash 0506 ( at least i dont see a flash when these are displayed in the coil test modebut i dont know where to look ) and right sling shot 0520 dont work anymore. Any idea what to check ? the slignshot switch works fine. thanks for helping

found the solution : one of the connectors wasnt fit well ...

#598 3 years ago

lastest problem : the bachglass illumination doesnt work fully. Only lower part is illuminated. it's realy weird. i changed the 24v relay for a new one but that didnt change anything. fuses are ok. Il i connect the upper lights with a small cable to the lower lights they do work. ( if i connect the brown cable to the green cable for GI behond the backglass it works... ) connectors are ok, power is comming out but no light. any ideas ? thanks alot for helping

1 week later
#599 3 years ago

This piece was in my backbox .... but then the backglass wouldn't fit, so I had to remove it.

The game came without backglass and translite, so I'm not sure if the piece is stock or a hack.

Any thoughts ... ?

(On cellphone, so can't rotate image, sorry about that)

20200426_141405 (resized).jpg20200426_141405 (resized).jpg
#600 3 years ago

heu... WTF !? lol
its from factory, but yours have a little prob, here's mine

WP_20200426_20_11_05_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20200426_20_11_05_Pro (resized).jpg

to maintain & protect the digit panels...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 896 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transporter-the-rescue-club-beam-me-up-bally/page/12?hl=metal-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.