By spiroagnew

11 months ago

Stats

• 118 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 weeks ago by toudg
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 38 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170313_214901 (resized).jpg
20170313_214916 (resized).jpg
20170313_214908 (resized).jpg
1489444489798420859597 (resized).jpg
1489444424910324800906 (resized).jpg
20170313_182618 (resized).jpg
20170313_181704 (resized).jpg
20170216_155822 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
Fehlendes Teil (2) (resized).JPG
FullGame LowerRight (resized).jpg
FullGame LowerLeft (resized).jpg
FullGame Date (resized).jpg
PF2 LowerLeft (resized).jpg
PF2 LowerRight (resized).jpg
PF2 ToTransporter (resized).jpg

There are 118 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 months ago

Dedicated to the 1989 Bally/Williams release. Low production game...only 859 made...so club membership may be low! General discussion, mods, repro parts, tech...let's talk!

"GET ME OUTTA HERE!"

transporter_(resized).jpg

#2 11 months ago

Sign me up. My TTR is a project game. Going to do the best restoration I can on it this winter. Have been gathering parts at this time which include a fully populated PF bought off e-bay. There will be parts available from this after the restoration, including a nice PF.

#3 11 months ago

I love system 11 games & this title in particular is a personal favorite "Shoot the Transporter!"

#4 11 months ago

I was once in this club. Sold it to a buddy, so I still get to play it. I sold it before I started putting games on location. If I'd known I'd be putting games on location I would have kept it.

At one point I had it, RFM, and AFM sitting next to each other. Had the invading alien theme pretty well covered.

If I ever have a chance to pick up another I will.

#5 11 months ago

I'd love one of these. Had fun playing the one at PAGG this past May.

#6 11 months ago

I'm in, beater playfield and all!

#7 11 months ago

pretty rare one, not many in good condition. just dropping a line since the club isnt going to have a lot of members^^
have fun people nice pin although backglass is not appealing to me, but maybe its because ive never seen one not washed out.

#8 11 months ago

I bought my first one in '04 and did a playfield swap and sold it in '07. I regretted that not long after and I finally came across an original beauty in '13. Love the art, gameplay and sounds, only keeper machine for me. It took me till '16 to shop it out because I play it daily and didn't want it down, plus it was rather clean as I bought it. Found this mailing return address sticker under the spaceship while shopping it.
Great game, love it. Hope that ramp gets reproduced, fingers crossed. "Beam me up Bally" is one of my favorite call outs.

IMG_1318_(resized).JPG

#9 11 months ago

I would love to be in this club. If anyone is planning on selling theirs please contact me.

#10 11 months ago

I am in the club, but willing to transfer membership

#11 10 months ago

Sign me up.
And many thanks to RussG for helping me make mine look beautiful (except for the yellowed X-over ramp).
Hopefully someone will post in here if/when they become available.

#12 10 months ago

I'm in!
I just got it a few months ago off of good ol' CL. It was pretty beat, (somebody forgot to put in the backbox bolts at one point) and I probably should have walked away, but after a 3 hour drive...I had to have it
The playfield is average, with some decal flaking on the RESCUE inserts along with the usual ramp issues. Anyways, just happy to be in the club!

#13 10 months ago
Quoted from dozer1:
which include a fully populated PF bought off e-bay. There will be parts available from this after the restoration, including a nice PF.

I was giving that serious consideration, and now realize I should have grabbed it. Nice score, Dozer!
I'd be interested in the other playfield, whenever it becomes available.

#14 10 months ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

I am in the club, but willing to transfer membership

Thor-NL you have a PM

#15 10 months ago

Can someone with a Transporter measure the dimensions of the backbox for me. I'm trying to figure out whether it will fit in my car and it's not the same as the other Sys 11b games I've got

#16 10 months ago
Quoted from ronsplooter:

Can someone with a Transporter measure the dimensions of the backbox for me. I'm trying to figure out whether it will fit in my car and it's not the same as the other Sys 11b games I've got

Everything is the same, except the head is a little taller. Which makes no difference when she's all folded down.

rd

#17 10 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Everything is the same, except the head is a little taller. Which makes no difference when she's all folded down.

Thanks Dave but I need to remove the head from the body to fit it into my tiny car The height is the key thing as to whether it will fit or not as it will stand up in the back although I could put the head on it's side in which case the width would be the height....if that makes sense Bally heads like off Flash Gordon and Fathom definitely fit so just trying to understand how much bigger a Transporter one is.

#18 10 months ago
Quoted from ronsplooter:

It's 32" tall compared to my Taxi and Space Station which are both around 28 3/4" (all are 29"wide). Hope that helps.

#19 10 months ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

It's 32" tall compared to my Taxi and Space Station which are both around 28 3/4" (all are 29"wide). Hope that helps.

Beat me to it.

rd

#20 10 months ago

Thanks gents

1 week later
#21 10 months ago

So happy to have joined this club today after years of searching Massive thanks to Jelle @Thor-NL and Hans for hooking me up. It was a brutal road trip through 3 countries, covering 800 miles and taking almost 24 hours door to door but I've got it home and so happy with it

#22 10 months ago

Not mine but painfully close. Way over priced and add is likely to expire soon, but thought I'd share in case someone is nuts or brave both.

lascruces.craigslist.org link

#23 10 months ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Not mine but painfully close. Way over priced and add is likely to expire soon, but thought I'd share in case someone is nuts or brave both.

Yeah I have been watching that one for awhile now....... it was actually on Ebay first but never met his reserve , at least he has now lowered it to $6000.oo....... that craigslist add started at $7000.oo

#24 10 months ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Yeah I have been watching that one for awhile now....... it was actually on Ebay first but never met his reserve , at least he has now lowered it to $6000.oo....... that craigslist add started at $7000.oo

Transporter is on my hitlist, but wowzers that is overpriced.

#25 10 months ago
Quoted from ronsplooter:

So happy to have joined this club today after years of searching Massive thanks to Jelle @Thor-NL and Hans for hooking me up. It was a brutal road trip through 3 countries, covering 800 miles and taking almost 24 hours door to door but I've got it home and so happy with it

What a dedication!! Could not go to a more enthousiast new owner.
I hope you will have fun with it.

Quoted from VacFink:

Hmmmm, Chris - ronsplooter, think i underpriced mine a little bit
haha, silly craiglist-people

So peeps, left the club, but if you allow me i will come and visit on a regular basis this club

#26 10 months ago
Quoted from VacFink:

I think the dude has put an extra 0 on the price. Insane.

rd

#27 10 months ago

I can sell you my game at nearly half the price of that one on Ebay and promise you will not find a nicer original one anywhere as I have owned it for 25 years!

#28 10 months ago

Just in case anyone is interested, I documented my road trip to pick up Transporter last week over on the UK pinball forum

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/operation-transporter-a-pinball-road-trip.34157/

#29 10 months ago

Great read Chris

But "The most brutal journey I have ever done and will never do again."

Never say never my friend ....

#30 10 months ago

There is one for sale in Alberta... Minor planking and small chip going to the swirly ramp! If interested pm and I can give you contact info .... Canadian dollars...

#31 10 months ago

Just bringing the club up to speed:

Rick from Planetary Pinball found the original mold for the Transporter crossover ramp and claims that they are "about to run it". Good news, seeing as these things are always yellowed, busted and melted.

I'm compiling a list of those interested...just to add a little more incentive for these things to be built. Because, well, sometimes things from PPS just never seem to materialize for one reason or another. Can't wait to see these manufactured!

IN FOR THE CROSSOVER
spiroagnew - 2
TecumsehPlissken - 2
dozer1 - 1
RussG - 1
Methos - 2
beepnutz - 1
chad - 2
blubboman - 1
EdisonArcade - 1

9d9c6017a488b42a82f7dc8b4f62399e1ecaf04d (resized).jpg

Info brought over from this old WTB thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-nos-crossover-ramp-for-transporter-the-rescue

#32 10 months ago

Thanks for posting, let's make these ramps happen.

#33 10 months ago

Just noticed that Rick posted on the PPS forum a few days ago some bad news about the ramp tool they found & says without 100 orders it is a nonstarter

#34 10 months ago

So let's secure 100 pre orders. We have 13 already....start sending out inquires to non pinsiders.

#35 10 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

So let's secure 100 pre orders. We have 13 already....start sending out inquires to non pinsiders.

With only 45 in pinsiders hands and the rarity of the title, that is a tall order. I wonder how many marco or bay area would buy for stock?

#36 10 months ago

Whats even rarer than a NOS ramp is a NOS playfield

#37 10 months ago
Quoted from exflexer:

yeah PPS actually had one listed recently ,NOS but you could tell it was a prototype or a sample playfield & I think its already marked as sold

#38 10 months ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Because, well, sometimes things from PPS just never seem to materialize for one reason or another.

Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Just noticed that Rick posted on the PPS forum a few days ago some bad news about the ramp tool they found & says without 100 orders it is a nonstarter

Man, I cannot believe this.

In the "for what it's worth" department, I would have taken 2.
TRANSPORTER OWNERS step up to the plate now or we could loose the chance at this ramp forever.
That reminds me, HEY RICK, whatever you do, don't discard that mould! If indeed that pic you posted of it is what you have, maybe someone else in the injection mold business needs to evaluate it. It is a miracle that it exists and it is begging to produce ramps!

#39 10 months ago

We will get to 100, or close to it. Spread the word on the other forums and let's get a commitment list going.

I will increase my 2 to 3.

#40 10 months ago

Guys ... I'm really trying to figure out how to get this ramp made ... if you can help get anyone and everyone that has a transporter (who what i've heard probably needs this part) to get on the list. This ramp should not be more than $100-$150 in any event.

The one thing I'm trying to figure out is the top plastic piece and how that was made - not sure if it was vacuum formed or if it was injected. If anyone has some closeup shots of that piece would be great - also is it a non-started if I just have the ramp and not this piece?

I'll be in Chicago on Monday and I will check out the tool to see more for myself ...

lmk,
rick

#41 10 months ago

dup

#42 10 months ago

The top piece is a vacuum formed piece. If you need this one to copy, I would gladly loan it out for that. It is in very good condition, unlike the crossover ramp it is mounted too.

DSCF5580 (resized).JPG

DSCF5581 (resized).JPG

DSCF5582 (resized).JPG

DSCF5583 (resized).JPG

#43 10 months ago

At $100, I'd take 2
Added 10 months ago: Most of the top cover pieces on the crossover bowl are in good shape, at least the 4 or 5 I have seen. And therefor not necessary to make them, in my opinion.
Bob

Added 10 months ago: What I meant to say was that although not a necessity for me, a new bowl top plastic would be appreciated/used.

#44 9 months ago

I need the plastic part...mine is melted through. It isn't a dealbreaker through, I can figure out some kind of hack. If the ramp gets made, I'm in.

00-pins (resized).jpg

#45 9 months ago
Quoted from exflexer:

I've got one you can scan...but I sure as heck won't sell it. I don't have an upper PF though.

00-pins (resized).jpg

#46 9 months ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

I need the plastic part...mine is melted through. It isn't a dealbreaker through, I can figure out some kind of hack. If the ramp gets made, I'm in.

That's exactly what mine looks like.
On a side note, my upper ramp is also warped from heat damage right at the rollover switch, and I can't imagine how that ever happened since there no nearby lamps.

#47 9 months ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Just bringing the club up to speed:
Rick from Planetary Pinball found the original mold for the Transporter crossover ramp and claims that they are "about to run it". Good news, seeing as these things are always yellowed, busted and melted.
I'm compiling a list of those interested...just to add a little more incentive for these things to be built. Because, well, sometimes things from PPS just never seem to materialize for one reason or another. Can't wait to see these manufactured!
IN FOR THE CROSSOVER
spiroagnew - 2
TecumsehPlissken - 2
dozer1 - 1
RussG - 1
Methos - 2
beepnutz - 1
chad - 2
blubboman - 1
EdisonArcade - 1

Info brought over from this old WTB thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-nos-crossover-ramp-for-transporter-the-rescue

Put me on the list for 1

#48 9 months ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

That's exactly what mine looks like.
On a side note, my upper ramp is also warped from heat damage right at the rollover switch, and I can't imagine how that ever happened since there no nearby lamps.

A seller on eBay had both plastic ramps (upper and right, both NOS) on eBay for quite some time. For reasonable prices too (considering unobtanium).

No crossover ramp though. I inquired.

#49 9 months ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Or a Complete HUO game

PF Center DS (resized).JPG

PF Lower DS (resized).JPG

PF Upper DS (resized).JPG

P1010645 (resized).JPG

P1010656 (resized).JPG

Build Decal (resized).JPG

#50 9 months ago

^^ #11 NICE!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 15.00
Various Other Swag
Double Danger Pinball
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 47.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 43.50
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 21.00
There are 118 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.