Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20220325_202330159 (resized).jpg
    Laser War (6) (resized).JPG
    Laser War (4) (resized).JPG
    Laser War (3) (resized).JPG
    39f033c120a08a2cf9e5dccbfdb184f220b9620b[1] (resized).jpg
    20200910_174213 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200525_121038 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200525_120959 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200525_120842 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200525_120826 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    D35AC577-EA8A-4C82-84FE-238C72A62738 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4612 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4607 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4608 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4594 (resized).JPG

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Pinball-Mods.com is pleased to announce the immediate availability of transparent pop bumper bodies available to the North American market. These transparent bodies are available in 7 modder friendly colors and fit all modern machines:
    Bally from 1988+
    Williams from 1976+
    Stern (including modern)
    Data East
    Sega

These pop bumper bodies were imported from Pinball.Center and will ship from Austin, TX to any North American address.

Cross-Referenced Part numbers include:
    03-7443-5
    3A-7443
    Wico 19-0155
    Stern 545-5197-00

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/replacement-parts-pop-bumper-body-p-42.html

BumperBody640 (resized).jpgBumperBody640 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Very cool! I see you say Bally 1988+... any idea if they would work for the bally thumper bumper part number 0017-00042-0460?

I'm looking for Dungeons & Dragons... which is right on the cusp.

Thanks!

#3 7 years ago

Very cool Zitt. I'll be grabbing some of these once I figure out which games I want them for.

Quoted from Clnilsen:

any idea if they would work for the bally thumper bumper part number 0017-00042-0460?
    I'm looking for Dungeons & Dragons

I'm not sure if what's pictured above is the extent of what Zitt / Pinball-Mods is offering, and I'm sure he'll chime back in. But the Bally / Bally Midway games of that era used a different pop body in that the bottom "part" of the pop cap mounted onto the body itself, which had the three slits for the smaller pop cap to clip into (as opposed to screwing the cap on like Stern, B/W, etc.) I just got done working on my D&D and also put a Spy Hunter back together a few months ago, and the bodies are different in other ways as well (mounting, ring and rod assembly alignment, etc.)

#4 7 years ago

I use these all the time (imported from Europe) and they are great quality.

Nice to see a USA supplier after all these years.

These are especially good for darker playfields, as old pop bodies were made from translucent milky plastic.

The last few years have only had opaque white bodies available; that allow no light to pass through.

#5 7 years ago

Just a heads up @zitt, your cart I'm not sure is totally working. Just did an order twice now (which I can see both times executed fine on paypal's side, and have a transaction # from them) that you cart is saying "could not verify transaction". I haven't received anything email wise from your system on the completed transaction either.

Not sure if there's a coding issue, but didn't want you to miss sales. Hopefully my order makes it through to you.

#6 7 years ago

Pretty cool. Would love to see some pictures of them on games and lit up!

#7 7 years ago

I had these on a few different games....first one I used them on was Twilight Zone.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

I've posted pics before

I'll try and find the threads.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Clnilsen:

Very cool! I see you say Bally 1988+... any idea if they would work for the bally thumper bumper part number 0017-00042-0460?

Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm not sure if what's pictured above is the extent of what Zitt / Pinball-Mods is offering, and I'm sure he'll chime back in.

The only pop bumper bodies we offer are as pictured. I don't have any additional information other that was is posted on the website. I would have to defer to the expertise offered on Pinside to answer this question.

Quoted from vid1900:

Nice to see a USA supplier after all these years.
    These are especially good for darker playfields, as old pop bodies were made from translucent milky plastic.
    The last few years have only had opaque white bodies available; that allow no light to pass through.

Thanks, Vid! I intend to use some of my stock to upgrade the Pop Area of the Stern Star Trek, STNG, and maybe RFM. But that will probably have to wait until I after TPF when I can take apart the machine without a deadline.

Quoted from Clnilsen:

Just a heads up zitt, your cart I'm not sure is totally working. Just did an order twice now (which I can see both times executed fine on paypal's side, and have a transaction # from them) that you cart is saying "could not verify transaction". I haven't received anything email wise from your system on the completed transaction either.
    Not sure if there's a coding issue, but didn't want you to miss sales. Hopefully my order makes it through to you.

Yeah - I'm pretty sure that Paypal made a un-forecasted change on their side about 6mths ago. Unfortunately; their developer "sandbox" tools don't see to replicate the failure.
    I did get two orders from you; one was refunded and the other was dropped off at the postoffice at about 4:45pm.

I'll have to spend some time this weekend to see if I can replicate the problem with their sandbox. I'm guessing I wont be able to.

Quoted from dudah:

Love to .. but don't see it happening before TPF later this month. To much going on. On Stern Star trek; it's not a simple swap because you have to remove the Vengance and Beta ramps... And electrically; the pops would need to be rewired to prevent overload of the VNB GI lines.

Hopefully Clnilsen or some other guys will post pics when they are done with their mods.

#10 7 years ago

Just want to say my order issue got fixed beautifully! Thanks!!!!

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Clnilsen:

Just want to say my order issue got fixed beautifully! Thanks!!!!

Let me say this incase anyone is on the fence.

A human male... IE me... reviews every order and is packed by yours-truely.
    So; If the order looks weird - you'll get an email.
    If you accidently duplicate an order because of the paypal vs my Ecommerce platform... I will notice and you'll automatically get a refund for the second order.

If you see some product AFTER you order but before I ship... and do a second order with more stuff... then I will combine the orders together and refund the shipping as appropriate for the second order.

Finally; for those overseas (which shouldn't be an issue for this product) - if for some reason the shipping charges are too much... or I can ship it cheaper - You will get a refund for the shipping charges as applicable.

1 week later
    #12 7 years ago

Just placed an order for my TZ and JM machines

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Awesome - got the order. Will ship on Monday.

I just installed Yellow and Blue in my Stern Star Trek LE for the Command and Science PopCaps. I didn't want to disassemble the USS Vengeance again being so close to TPF so the Red will have to wait.

I also haven't taken pictures because I'm not using a LED which will illuminate the bumper body yet. My LE is very sensitive to GI loading; so will probably have to come up with some kind of circuit to power the LEDs.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Would love to see pics of your install of these on the TZ!

#15 7 years ago

PinRob and Chris, your Transparent popbumper bodies were dropped off at our local postoffice before 5pm.

#16 7 years ago

I'm not tryin to be a dick, but isn't the term for these items "translucent"?

Like, the only one that's transparent is the clear one, right?

Great progressive product, though!

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

but isn't the term for these items "translucent"?

Yeah. I'm simply using the "language" coined by our supplier.
    (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

2 weeks later
    #18 6 years ago

Anybody have pictures of these on their games?

#19 6 years ago

I'm using them in my Ash vs Evil Dead retheme.

20170318_150645 (resized).jpg20170318_150645 (resized).jpg

#20 6 years ago

I also put an orange one in in my Batman66 atomic pile. It replaces the opaque white pop bumper body that was in there. Gives a much better flash effect this way.

20170401_170908 (resized).jpg20170401_170908 (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago

I have a couple of questions about these bodies. Are the screw holes for the body tapered-counter sunt? How is the longevity? I can see this type of plastic getting stress cracks and breaking off. The pop bumper bodies Marco carries are absolute junk. They are milky white and semi transparent like the originals but the screw holes are not counter sunk and the pop bumper rings shave little pieces of plastic off because of the type of plastic used. The PBL bodies are not transparent at all the the quality is considerable higher and the plastic sharding isn't an issue.

#22 6 years ago

I do not see any screw holes countersunk in these bodies and did not see any issues when I put two of them into my Stern Star Trek.

#23 6 years ago

Oh, this is great news! I've had the pinball.center page bookmarked for some time but couldn't justify the shipping. Guess it's time to make a decision and place an order. Anybody know if these will fit on a Spooky?

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Pinball-Mods.com is pleased to announce the immediate availability of transparent pop bumper bodies available to the North American market. These transparent bodies are available in 7 modder friendly colors and fit all modern machines:
    Bally from 1988+
    Williams from 1976+
    Stern (including modern)
    Data East
    Sega
    These pop bumper bodies were imported from Pinball.Center and will ship from Austin, TX to any North American address.
    Cross-Referenced Part numbers include:
    03-7443-5
    3A-7443
    Wico 19-0155
    Stern 545-5197-00

I was wondering when someone State side was gonna offer these. Good going Zitt. I'm interested to see what is used to light them up.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Anybody have pictures of these on their games?

Here's some pics in my WH2O and the bk2k (which i no longer have).

IMG_20170409_122716 (resized).jpgIMG_20170409_122716 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170409_122659 (resized).jpgIMG_20170409_122659 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161021_161305 (resized).jpgIMG_20161021_161305 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161021_161227 (resized).jpgIMG_20161021_161227 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #27 6 years ago

Any chance you'll be at Allentown with these, Zitt?

#28 6 years ago

No, sorry. I generally cannot travel to shows outside of TX due to "day job" responsibilities.
    Even the TX shows; I don't bring product as I choose to be part of the Pinball community socializing rather than be chained to a Booth/Table.

1 month later
    #29 6 years ago

Here's photos of the bumpers I installed on a Safe Cracker.

sc10_bumpers (resized).jpgsc10_bumpers (resized).jpg

sc11_bumpers (resized).jpgsc11_bumpers (resized).jpg

#30 6 years ago

How do you like how they light up? And I see you have those sparkly things in them too. Have you tried Comets Crystal Fan bulbs in them yet?

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

How do you like how they light up? And I see you have those sparkly things in them too. Have you tried Comets Crystal Fan bulbs in them yet?

That's the thing. They don't look any different other than perhaps not blocking the light from around them. That's also probably because I only put a standard socket and bulb in them rather than those fancy multi-LED boards that various vendors sell. I've yet to purchase any of them and I guess when (or if) I do I'll post back with a photo when illuminated.

Sorry. Probably not the answer you were looking for.

#32 6 years ago

Anyone got any before and after pics? Would be great to see any visual/lighting difference they make.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

That's the thing. They don't look any different other than perhaps not blocking the light from around them. That's also probably because I only put a standard socket and bulb in them rather than those fancy multi-LED boards that various vendors sell. I've yet to purchase any of them and I guess when (or if) I do I'll post back with a photo when illuminated.
    Sorry. Probably not the answer you were looking for.

No that answered my question.

2 months later
    #34 6 years ago

Thank you zitt for making these available stateside!!

8 months later
    #35 5 years ago

I am out of stock on the Red, Clear, and Yellow popbumper bodies.
    I'm in discussions with Pinball.Center to order new stock of these bumper bodies.

Is anyone interested in the Chrome or Gold bodies?
    GoldGold
    ChromeChrome

1 week later
    #36 5 years ago

I am pleased to report the new shipment of Clear, Red, and Yellow transparent pop bumper bodies are back in stock.

Additionally; I have sourced a small number of the Chrome and Gold bodies incase someone has interest. If these sell quickly; I'll consider stocking more. Gold and ChromeGold and Chrome

I've expanded our stock of transparent products by stocking new Pop Bumper Skirts in translucent Red and transparent clear. These skirts will go nicely with these translucent pop bodies and are perfect if your Playfield has art hidden by the opaque skirts.
    transparent Red & Cleartransparent Red & Clear
    At this time; these are the only two colors being manufactured... let us know if you want other colors.

Finally; Since we are dressing up Popbumpers; it's only fair that we try and hide some of the wiring with a custom made Pop Bumper Thingy. In addition to the regular silver; we are offering gold glitter. Gold & Silver Pop ThingiesGold & Silver Pop Thingies The gold is an exclusive color for our webshop and is laser cut here at our facility. As a result; we can customize the design with any color acrylic available. IF this interests you; drop us a line.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I am pleased to report the new shipment of Clear, Red, and Yellow transparent pop bumper bodies are back in stock.
    Additionally; I have sourced a small number of the Chrome and Gold bodies incase someone has interest. If these sell quickly; I'll consider stocking more.
    I've expanded our stock of transparent products by stocking new Pop Bumper Skirts in translucent Red and transparent clear. These skirts will go nicely with these translucent pop bodies and are perfect if your Playfield has art hidden by the opaque skirts.

At this time; these are the only two colors being manufactured... let us know if you want other colors.
    Finally; Since we are dressing up Popbumpers; it's only fair that we try and hide some of the wiring with a custom made Pop Bumper Thingy. In addition to the regular silver; we are offering gold glitter. The gold is an exclusive color for our webshop and is laser cut here at our facility. As a result; we can customize the design with any color acrylic available. IF this interests you; drop us a line.

Some cool looking stuff you have there Zitt.

#38 5 years ago

This may be a really stupid question, but would these bodies and skirts work on a Gottlieb Waterworld?

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

these bodies and skirts work on a Gottlieb Waterworld?

I don't have any direct information other than most pins of this error used similar pops and skirts.
    Do you have a part number for the pop body and/or skirt?

#40 5 years ago

These look great! Just ordered me up a few blues with clear skirts to dress up the stock lab in #Scared Stiff.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

These look great! Just ordered me up a few blues with clear skirts to dress up the stock lab in #Scared Stiff.

Awesome; Thanks Tom. Packed and ready to go out in tomorrow's USmail.
    Post pictures; because I've only seen pics of one Space Shuttle with clear skirts... and I haven't done any of mine yet.
    I need incentive to unpack from TPF'18 and do the install.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I don't have any direct information other than most pins of this error used similar pops and skirts.
    Do you have a part number for the pop body and/or skirt?

Looking at a diagram in the Waterworld manual, I don't think the body of the pop is the same. The skirts look pretty standard, so I will take a chance on them. While I am at it I can get some skirts for other machines as well.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

looking at a diagram in the Waterworld manual, I don't think the body of the pop is the same.

Ah. Uses the older GTB style pop bumpers like Black hole?
    Can't look it up because of licensor stupidity.

Anyway; all orders as of 2pm were shipped and are at Post Office.

1 week later
    #44 5 years ago

I know alot of guys were switching them out on there Gottlieb Genesis to all Williams parts on the top side, so if there the same style as a Genesis than they will work.

7 months later
    #45 5 years ago

Used these a few years ago in my Time Fantasy restoration.

IMG_4594 (resized).JPGIMG_4594 (resized).JPGIMG_4607 (resized).JPGIMG_4607 (resized).JPGIMG_4608 (resized).JPGIMG_4608 (resized).JPGIMG_4612 (resized).JPGIMG_4612 (resized).JPG
    #46 5 years ago

I plan to use some on my Motordome I am beginning to restore, actually just placed my order this week, eager to get 'em!

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from kbliznick:

Used these a few years ago in my Time Fantasy restoration.

Wish I went with multi-colored silicone rings on this game, but don't think they were available at the time.

2 months later
    #48 4 years ago

I'm thinking of getting these to match the RYB undercaps of your STTNG Popcaps. Do you think that would be "too much"?

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I'm thinking of getting these to match the RYB undercaps of your STTNG Popcaps. Do you think that would be "too much"?

No. That's exactly what I did in my machine. I think it looks pretty good myself.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

No. That's exactly what I did in my machine. I think it looks pretty good myself.

Clear, Frosted Clear or Color Match?

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transparent-sternballywilliams-pop-bumper-bodies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.