Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Hi All

Sorry if this has been asked before but can't seem to find my answers in a specific topic

What is the material that Translites are made from? The specific name so I know what to ask for

Also where can I get High DPI and High Resolution Scans of Translites? I am trying to replace a couple of beat up translites I have, also maybe make some neat wall art etc

Thanks for the help in advance

Xan

1 month later
    #2 9 years ago
    Quoted from Xanathar:

Hi All
    Sorry if this has been asked before but can't seem to find my answers in a specific topic
    What is the material that Translites are made from? The specific name so I know what to ask for
    Also where can I get High DPI and High Resolution Scans of Translites? I am trying to replace a couple of beat up translites I have, also maybe make some neat wall art etc
    Thanks for the help in advance
    Xan

I'd love to know the answer to this too if anyone can help.

#3 9 years ago

I heard they're mylar.
    When printed all colors are printed first except white, a white coating is printed last and used as a "light mask".

#4 9 years ago

Backlit film, I saved a thread about this...using my phone now and it's a bear to find. I'll post it from my pc when I get a chance

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Backlit film, I saved a thread about this...using my phone now and it's a bear to find. I'll post it from my pc when I get a chance

Any luck finding that?

#6 9 years ago

HA back on my pc. Let me check meow.

#8 9 years ago

The high res scans are going to be the problem. What you are asking for is against the law.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

The high res scans are going to be the problem. What you are asking for is against the law.

Is it against the law to scan the artwork of albums you own? Reprint your own cover if you've lost the case?

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

Is it against the law to scan the artwork of albums you own? Reprint your own cover if you've lost the case?

It's such a grey area in states. Most shops won't take the chance of dmca potentialy being broken.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

You aren't scanning the art you own. You are asking for someone else to scan their artwork and to distribute it. Whether done for free or for profit it is still against the law.

Example I own X cd, but track 11 is too scratched to play. I can legally make a copy of my cd, but track 11 will never work. If I ask my buddy who owns the same cd to copy his track 11 for me we are breaking the law.

#12 9 years ago

DMCA is a bitch

#13 9 years ago

All I have to say is don't let Rick catch wind of this, and you are ok. ;P Rick has been shutting down a lot of stuff like this lately.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

breaking the law.

Sounds like a Judiest Priest song.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

You aren't scanning the art you own. You are asking for someone else to scan their artwork and to distribute it. Whether done for free or for profit it is still against the law.

That makes sense. The copying might be ok/grey but distribution of it is definitely illegal.

#16 9 years ago

it's just printed on clear plastic. Printed on offset, then has a screen printed white diffuser layer on the back. I have uncut addams family sheets that don't have the white diffuser layer screened on yet. Helps when you used to work at the factory that printed the translites and decal cabinet art for Bally Williams.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/translites-and-translite-scans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.