(Topic ID: 52883)

Translite storage - frames?

By Cyan

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hey folks,

Figured this is the place to ask -- what're people doing to store their translites?

I've got a few that I wouldn't mind mounting up on a wall, but .. is there a cheap option for frames that will 100% fit a modern Stern translite?

Anyone, anyone?

Thanks!
    -Cyan

#2 10 years ago

Define cheap?
    I buy those poster frames from Michaels at 50% off then cut them down to fit the translite (use a long straight edge). I also use the super thin 3m double sided tape to keep the edging in place. Not sure what it is called but it is little more than a really sticky adhesive. This is about as cheap as it gets. Down side is you can't get the translite out easily so not so good as storage.
    There is a guy on here selling light boxes for Stern translites for $125 shipped and all you do is swap the whole glass in and out.

#3 10 years ago

I'd probably end up hanging them up on a wall anyways (unlit), so maybe the Michaels option will do the trick.

#4 10 years ago

http://www.spotlightdisplays.com/pinball-translite-frames.html

spotlight displays! Frame is perfect, all edges open from the front so can be swapped out while hung or mounted on the wall. Ships with clear front and back covers for protection.

I bought one and it really impressed me, couldn't have asked for something better.

Pretty sure there is a pinside discount too!..but I don't remember it... PINSIDE in caps maybe...

#5 10 years ago

I was going to recommend the one below, but it's $56 now! It was $23 when I bought it a couple weeks ago.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EJMS4Y/ref=oh_details_o01_s01_i00

Also, I used this for a WOZ translite, so you'd want to measure a Stern to make sure it would fit.

#6 10 years ago

I pick up cheap oversized frames at Walmart for ~$11 a pop

#7 10 years ago

I went the Michael's route too. Got them for like $18 each after the discount.

#8 10 years ago

I checked Wal-Mart too, but at mine, they were about the same price as Michael's (after the 40-50% off). I liked the ones at Michael's better as the hardware on the back was a round slider versus a metal tab.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/translite-storage-frames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.