Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I posted this on another thread and have not gotten a response so I will give it a go here.

I just listed some translite frames on my site for sale. I used the translite in my TZ, it measures 18.5" x 26.5" Is this the standard size of most transites?

I know the smart thing to do would have been to ask before listing but at the time I thought they would all be the same, but then it hit that my TZ is a wide body and maybe the back box is bigger on them?

Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

The backbox on the widebodies are the same dimensions as the regular backboxes.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from bballfan:

The backbox on the widebodies are the same dimensions as the regular backboxes.

Hey Thanks bballfan, I really appreciate it!

Semper Fi,

Bob

#4 11 years ago

Also bear in mind that the sizes can vary from one manufacturer to the other. For example, Data East translites are taller and narrower than B/W translites.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Also bear in mind that the sizes can vary from one manufacturer to the other. For example, Data East translites are taller and narrower than B/W translites.

Thanks for pointing that out Gweempose! But am I to assume that a lot of the Translites should be the same size as the TZ?

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from usmcss:

Thanks for pointing that out Gweempose! But am I to assume that a lot of the Translites should be the same size as the TZ?

Yes. It's probably safe to say that a vast majority of the translites out there are the same size as TZ.

#7 11 years ago

Thanks Gweem!

#8 11 years ago

I have a TZ and BBB trans at home I want framed.

TZ 18.5 x 28.5
    BBB 18 x 14

I can remeasure to double check.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I have a TZ and BBB trans at home I want framed.
    TZ 18.5 x 28.5
    BBB 18 x 14
    I can remeasure to double check.

Hey Northvibe, my tz is exactly 18.5 x 26.5, I took it right out of my pin. You can see the frames here: http://www.spotlightdisplays.com/pinball-translite-frames.html

I would defiantly measure to make sure. Never saw that BBB before, very cool! I will give you a price on that once you find out the exact size. You get 10% for being a Pinsider. The code is "Pinsiders".

The tanslite can be a little smaller then the size I have cut for the frame but not bigger as it will bow. Smaller meaning about .5 inchs, but it is better to give me an exact size.

Semper Fi,

Bob

#10 11 years ago

Those numbers are off of my notepad on my phone...so it very well could be wrong as well phone and touch screens are stupid. I will check. I want to frame them soooo bad Your frames look good and much higher quality than the ones at major retailers for insane prices already.

I will measure again tonight and post up w/ pics.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Those numbers are off of my notepad on my phone...so it very well could be wrong as well phone and touch screens are stupid. I will check. I want to frame them soooo bad Your frames look good and much higher quality than the ones at major retailers for insane prices already.
    I will measure again tonight and post up w/ pics.

Sounds great Northvibe. I kind of have a biased opinion but these frames are the Best! I say this on my website and it is true, there are other frames out there that look like mine, but when you have them in your hands, you really feel the difference. These are high end so the price is high compared to Walmart frames. It's all in what someone wants.

Thanks!

Semper Fi,

Bob

4 months later
    #12 11 years ago

Hey USMCSS, I got a stern translite to frame and it seems to be 19.0" x 26.75". Maybe you can add this to your standard size selection on your site? I sent you an email to order one.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/translite-sizes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.