2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bigguybbr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

371C39F9-D2E2-436E-BB6D-A03F32111F84 (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

Not sure if anyone mention this before, but my translite had some small damages and you could see the back board light shining through it.

I managed to “fix” this by putting painters tape on the backside that I have made black on both the sticky and non sticky side of it..

I left the painters tape on for 3ish months and checked if it came off without causing more damage. That was the case. So I put the tape back on as a permanent “fix”.

371C39F9-D2E2-436E-BB6D-A03F32111F84 (resized).jpeg371C39F9-D2E2-436E-BB6D-A03F32111F84 (resized).jpeg
    #2 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vin-bot:

Not sure if anyone mention this before, but my translite had some small damages and you could see the back board light shining through it.
    I managed to “fix” this by putting painters tape on the backside that I have made black on both the sticky and non sticky side of it..
    I left the painters tape on for 3ish months and checked if it came off without causing more damage. That was the case. So I put the tape back on as a permanent “fix”.[quoted image]

Pinbot used a back glass, not a translite. You really don’t want to put tape on there as it can damage the ink they used originally over time. Coat the back in krypton triple thick glaze clear spray paint to lock everything in place, then do touch ups as needed with a water based acrylic.

Also CPR sells a new one if you need it
    https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/pinbot/

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Pinbot used a back glass, not a translite.

Nope. OP might be correct. Pinbot from the factory was a translite. There are repro screened backglasses out there (like CPRs), but the original is a translite. The factory translite is very well done, and you would swear it's a screened backglass.

Actually hard to tell in the pic if that's a screened backglass or translite. If it's a screened backglass, tape is probably a bad idea.
    If it's a translite, seems pretty OK. Maybe think about getting a screened backglass, but it if looks good to you, go with it.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Pinbot from the factory was a translite.

Yep it’s a translite..

#5 2 years ago

Very cool. Always though it was a back glass. I stand corrected (just don’t tell my wife)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/translite-repair-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.