8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by SealClubber
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

R2D2.JPG
    Death_Star.JPG
    Inside_Cab.JPG
    Coin_Door.JPG
    Backbox.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sealclubber.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

For DE translites;

How do you replace the plastic translite portion in a backglass? Do you just take off the side trim, separate the two glass panes and slide out the old translite and slide in the new one?

Are Data East Translites the same size as other manufacturers like Sega, Stern, Williams, Gottleib? I'm wondering (hopeing) if I can get a backglass from another game and switch out the translte.

I want to buy a Star Wars pin but the backglass is broken. I have a line on a repro translite but will need to get glass and trim for it. I don't want to be stuck without a backglass forever or have to spend $500+ on an original.

#4 8 years ago

Well, thanks everyone but I'm not buying a translite, or anything else for it. The cabinet, backbox, trim and backglass were destroyed from sitting in a hot, leaky container in San Diego for a year. The good news is everything seemed to work and the playfield and electronics are in good shape. DMD Damn shame as this guy seemed to take great care of it. Has a box of new extra PF parts, scoops, kickers and other assemblies.

I try to save games but this one is beyond saving. I'm parting it out. Too bad I don't have another Star Wars to use the parts towards.

#5 8 years ago

Here are some pics of the bad.

Backbox.JPG Coin_Door.JPG Inside_Cab.JPG

#6 8 years ago

The good. The playfield is dirty but in pretty good shape. Some minor wear around the scoops. Wonder how much a working R2 and the Death star assembly go for?

Death_Star.JPG R2D2.JPG

#8 8 years ago

Everything works except the DMD, drops and the trough eject. Was playing it last night. Used the DMD from my LOTR. It would cost way more to fix than it's worth, if I can get parts. Needs a new DMD, Backglass, Speaker panel, all the trim, legs, coin door. The cabinet is warped, cracked and delaminating. The wireforms are too rusty to polish. The PF has minimal wear but the surface paint is "Pebbled?" Kinda looks like hail damage on a car. Can only notice it at an angle. My guess is humidity damage. It is not bubbled though. Not sure if a good cleaning, polishing and waxing will help that.
    If I lived in the lower 48 I would keep the parts and look for a good cab with a trashed PF. But I am not paying $500 to ship a Star Wars in any condition to Alaska. If I'm going to pay that, it will be for a NIB Spiderman. I doubt there is even another SW up here. Believe me, I wish it were salvageable.

#10 8 years ago

North, to Alaska. Way up north, to Alaska. I go north, the rush is on.

#12 8 years ago

Way beyond my woodworking and painting skills.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Siegecraft Electronics
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 269.00
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 10.95
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sealclubber.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside