New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 200461)

Transistor replacement substitute on Whitestar driver board

By action76

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dkeruza
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171016_072734 (resized).jpg
20171016_073012 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I am getting varying information in my research and wanted to post to see if I could clear this up. The transistor I need to replace is a P22NE1 (pic below). I purchased a P22NE10L (pic below) thinking, from what I have read, that this was a suitable sub. Am I correct? Also, does the dot or round indention above one of the legs signify anything? The old part has that on the middle leg and the new one has it on the left leg.

20171016_073012 (resized).jpg

20171016_072734 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Marco's specialties has the correct on in stock.

#3 3 years ago

They are both the same. The marking at the transistor on the circuitboard continues just above the left leg.
P22NE1
0L

= P22NE10L

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

They are both the same. The marking at the transistor on the circuitboard continues just above the left leg.
P22NE1
0L

= P22NE10L

Well duh! I didn't even realize that! Odd how they put it on the next line like that. Thank you.

I was wondering if those would work. I like that because they are cheaper also. Thanks.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from action76:

Well duh! I didn't even realize that! Odd how they put it on the next line like that. Thank you.

I was wondering if those would work. I like that because they are cheaper also. Thanks.

They do, just replace a couple on my LOTR.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside