• Latest reply 3 years ago by Eddie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PDN01050.pdf (PDF preview)
#1 3 years ago

Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement for an SE9300. Working of a StarBattle and this transistor is obsolete thanks.

#4 3 years ago

SE9300 = NTE 263

Or you can use a much better and more robust transistor and it works perfectly fine: the common TIP102 that's used in so many pinball machines.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

SE9300 = NTE 263
Or you can use a much better and more robust transistor and it works perfectly fine: the common TIP102 that's used in so many pinball machines.

Tip 102s will work?

IF that is so I have a ton of them.

I just ordered the 2N6388s that were suggested,

Guess Ill go to the shop and throw in a TIP 102 and see what happens.

#6 3 years ago

Just tried the tip102 and it worked for just a few minutes then it too shorted!

#7 3 years ago

Double check the coil driven by that transistor. It may have a broken/open/missing diode.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Double check the coil driven by that transistor. It may have a broken/open/missing diode.

Not that simple as its the only transistor that enables power to ALL of the solenoids in the machine.

Its the Coffee Mat Star Battle machine so you have an idea LOL

#9 3 years ago

Problem Solved! It turns out that a resistor on the power Control board stopped resisting!

I have to give a huge thanks for Pinsider ZAZA for pointing me to the power control board in the first place.

He has been helping me with the issue of the solenoids remaining energized anytime the machine was powered on.

This issue is gone and now again with his help I hope to solve the few sound issues.

What makes it more difficult is not having another machine to compare the sounds too as I have never heard any machine but this one.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Problem Solved! It turns out that a resistor on the power Control board stopped resisting!

Great job !

Quoted from Eddie:

What makes it more difficult is not having another machine to compare the sounds

Good news on that,
today I was at the DutchPinballMuseum and there is such a machine where I can test with the sounds. Next week I will have a look inside the machine and do some testing with the soundboard.

#11 3 years ago

From my research on se9300, I didn't suggest a Tip102 simply because the datasheet I saw on s9300 says its a 10A part, while the Tip102 is a 8A part.. The 2n6388 you ordered are indeed 10A.

I would install a 2n6388 when it arrives and never look back.. With the Tip102, to quote Doctor Emmett Brown, there's a slight possibility of overload.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

From my research on se9300, I didn't suggest a Tip102 simply because the datasheet I saw on s9300 says its a 10A part, while the Tip102 is a 8A part.. The 2n6388 you ordered are indeed 10A.
I would install a 2n6388 when it arrives and never look back.. With the Tip102, to quote Doctor Emmett Brown, there's a slight possibility of overload.

Thanks I will install the 2n6388 when it arrives!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transistor-replacement-for-an-se9300?hl=roamin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.