(Topic ID: 6331)

Transformers,Played 1 game today in Denver,Was Lucky To Get That !!!!!!

By v8torino

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by NimblePin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tallyho.jpeg
    images.jpg
    10-1-11_Game_Exchange_of_Denver_002.JPG

#1 8 years ago

Thank You JJ of The Game Exchange Denver,I got damn lucky to play 1 single game on 1 of 2 games that Game Exchange had in their warehouse.
    They are basic versions (Pro model ?) basically still not announced that they shipped,they had very basic "BETA" software in them,I was told,Hell I would have never known the difference.
    Gary Stern reportedly has a good relationship with the distributor,Game Exchange of Denver,
    as do I,probably why they let me play 1 single game,on a machine in their back,back room.
    My buddy was there yesterday,(Friday) (I could not get off from work,or I sure in the hell would have been there) while Gary Stern was there,Gary was getting feedback on these BETA versions.Only a few local pinheads got an invite.I was told Gary was very pleasant and receptive to the respected players comments.
    So If I Had More $,I Would Absolutely Buy One!!!Tatman9999---you are gonna Love yours!!
    It played great,I probably wouldn't know it was a BETA version if they hadn't told me.I liked how open the playfield was,cool ramps up top,cool toys,nice finish on everything I could see in 15 minutes.The best thing was that it kept locking balls,they disappeared under the playfield.Then rapid fire like a cannon or gattling gun all 5 balls were shot at me in a spray pattern,SO COOL!
    That's it for a quick rundown,Here's a DUMB picture I took of myself while standing next to the machine.I hate pics of myself + I took it while holding the camera at arms length.
    If any of you buy a machine in the Denver area,Call JJ at the Game Exchange of Denver,give them a shot at your business.My plug to them for graciously letting me play 1 game and for taking care of me in the past,THANKS!!
    Kirk in Colorado

10-1-11_Game_Exchange_of_Denver_002.JPG images.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Lucky DAwggg....

#3 8 years ago

I'm guessing that was the limit on pics that you were allowed? no video action? Oh well, it will be around soon enough.

#4 8 years ago

Very nice report Kirk

#5 8 years ago

Cool story.

#6 8 years ago

Very cool V8!

#7 8 years ago

Nice to hear Multiball starts with a bang bang bang bang bang!

#8 8 years ago

That was cool to read V8. Thanks for posting.

#9 8 years ago

I was so close to flying back to Denver this past weekend. Now I'm totally kicking myself. I usually wander down to the game exchange anyways. Bummer!

#10 8 years ago

That's great V8.Multiball sounds fun!!!

#12 8 years ago

Nice can't wait to play it.

#13 8 years ago

TAT-------Unboxing party????????????????????????????????

#14 8 years ago

I was told the game was on the floor for a little while. I know a few people who were able to play it so if you are in Denver stop by and ask. From what I heard, the game was pulled from the floor due to overwhelmingly negative reviews.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I was told the game was on the floor for a little while. I know a few people who were able to play it so if you are in Denver stop by and ask. From what I heard, the game was pulled from the floor due to overwhelmingly negative reviews.

Based on a comment on RGP from someone that played quite a few games on it the code was just far enough along for very basic game play. The same person stated that the shots were good with some good flow. So, based on the pics the design looks very good, the audio files sound awesome. All comes down to the code (i.e.; integrating shots with the rules and related audio/video/lighting effects) at this point.

#16 8 years ago

Thats the danger with pinball enthusiasts, the game gets judged before it is even finished. I'm sure that Stern have learned from previous experience and will test their software well before it hits the arcades.

I heard the sound-files that were linked on group and was playing the music and sound-bites together last night. I liked some of the music tracks that were much more more up to date than on many recent games (other then Tron). They sounded awesome but this morning they had disappeared-maybe it was a dream?

#17 8 years ago

Nice! Cool Pic!

Quoted from v8torino:Here's a DUMB picture I took of myself while standing next to the machine.I hate pics of myself + I took it while holding the camera at arms length.

Funny! Great report! you should list their website here!

#18 8 years ago

Thanks Guys for the props,I'm sure you would do the same-or more.Here's a link to the Game Exchange of Denver if you ever need something,Call JJ Babich
    http://www.gameexchange.biz/

#19 8 years ago

Thanks for the write up sounds like its going to be a fun one!!

#20 8 years ago

Can't wait to play it!

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

Thank You JJ of The Game Exchange Denver,I got damn lucky to play 1 single game on 1 of 2 games that Game Exchange had in their warehouse.

Lucky SOB! lol

Quoted from v8torino:

.Then rapid fire like a cannon or gattling gun all 5 balls were shot at me in a spray pattern,SO COOL!

The 5 ball MegaTron Multiball sounds cool with the rapid fire. I was wonder how fast the balls will shoot out of there. Sounds like it will be a great feature. I hope I'll get a chance to play it at EXPO. I'm waiting to play it before I place an order for one. Not sure, if I do, if I'll get the Pro or the LE model.

#22 8 years ago

Sounds like a cool multiball start!

#23 8 years ago

Thanks V8, super cool to know at least a little about it. I'm going to the launch party at the Pinball Expo, and I'm really excited now to see that multiball

#24 8 years ago

Sounds like a bunch of fun V8, thanks for sharing your experience. I can't wait to try it out.

#25 8 years ago

I've bought a pin from Game Exchange. Awesome to deal with. Would certainly recommend them to all.

#26 8 years ago

I SO want this to be a great game. I always loved transformers as a kid and would love to own this machine if it is good.

#27 8 years ago

Man...
    First you snake my WOZ and now this!
    F-you AND the squirrel you rode in on! ( KIDDING )

tallyho.jpeg

But seriously...
    That is awesome V8!
    Congrats on the early play!
    I have cooled down my TF lust since yesterday.
    I will wait it out like Coast until I get to play it...
    THEN, I will buy it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 16.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 625.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 14.95
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside