Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by underlord
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

I guess maybe you have to own both games to make a true comparison. I beat attack from Mars every other time I play it. Great game but lacking challenge for me. I've played transformers 300 times and haven't beat it yet. One of the fastest most playable and hardest games I've ever played. Transformers truly kicks a** with the newest code update/ Update Kit.

Post edited by tk-the-jammer: Change context...edited profanity

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

AFM > TF. And I love TF. When your maxing out both games, they are very comparable. TFLE at its very best, in the moment, is as good as anything. But for me, TF had just enough imperfections to put me off long term. AFM has none that come to mind. Difference between good and classic.

Played TFLE on route the other day and really loved it. Actually missed mine for the first time since selling it. Even though I think AFM is the better game, there's a high probability I wouldn't play it on route if the choice was between it and TF. TF is more fresh and more intense for just playing a few games. People who hate TF must just secretly hate Pinball.

#53 9 years ago

Are people starting to warm up to Transformers?

#54 9 years ago

TFLE doesn't get the love it deserves. Do yourself a favor and play the crap out of both before purchasing. If it were me, I'd go TFLE for the lower price alone and hold out to see if PPS does an AFM remake - I'm betting they will, but I'm also a betting man.

#55 9 years ago

Afm by a mile. Tfle still solid but feels more repetative does not seem to have the one more game effect and afm flows much better.

#56 9 years ago

AFM is the better game but I'd personally buy Transformers because it is *considerably* cheaper. It's hard to justify the price of AFM when I could buy two or three modern Sterns in its place.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Are people starting to warm up to Transformers?

TFLE is a long term pin in my collection. One of my favorites.

Strong playing pin, lots of stuff to shoot for. Fun factor is high on this one.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

TFLE is a long term pin in my collection. One of my favorites.
Strong playing pin, lots of stuff to shoot for. Fun factor is high on this one.

My Transformers LE is the one pin I will never part with.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from akm:

AFM is the better game but I'd personally buy Transformers because it is *considerably* cheaper. It's hard to justify the price of AFM when I could buy two or three modern Sterns in its place.

Exactly. AFM is certainly one of the best games ever made. But for half the average price of a nice AFM, you can buy a TF pro... That's where the smart buyers should be lining up. TF is a good game in my opinion, but AFM is a classic.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Exactly. AFM is certainly one of the best games ever made. But for half the average price of a nice AFM, you can buy a TF pro... That's where the smart buyers should be lining up. TF is a good game in my opinion, but AFM is a classic.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

#61 9 years ago

TFLE should have gotten a mirrored backglass. While some say the pro plays better (not enough games on the pro to say) I just don't know if I could sacrifice the bling of the LE. TFLE combo is one of the most striking pinballs ever made. A highly mirrored, glossy backglass would put it over the top looks wise.

#62 9 years ago

I really liked my TF combo, very underrated. I actually prefer the pro with this pin, TF's has to have some of the best sound FX and voice work in any pin, its a lot darker than I thought it would be and doesn't seem to be geared for kids as much as expected. I would love to pick up a pro at some point and mod the shit out of it. AFM is a great pin but what you said exactly that its easy and I lost interest pretty quickly as a result, I find most B/W's 90's pins and older games in general too be a little on the easy side.

#63 9 years ago

TFLE should have gotten a mirrored backglass. While some say the pro plays better (not enough games on the pro to say) I just don't know if I could sacrifice the bling of the LE. TFLE combo is one of the most striking pinballs ever made. A highly mirrored, glossy backglass would put it over the top looks wise.

100% agree on the backglass.

They could've done something similar to Star Trek LE with the speaker panel.

#64 9 years ago

I like TF better!

#65 9 years ago

Played TFLE on route the other day and really loved it. Actually missed mine for the first time since selling it. Even though I think AFM is the better game, there's a high probability I wouldn't play it on route if the choice was between it and TF. TF is more fresh and more intense for just playing a few games. People who hate TF must just secretly hate Pinball.

TFA, I remember the circumstances behind the TFLE price drop. Had some to do with software Optimus Prime roadblock and mostly broken Stern promises.

Transforming Megatron, which was even shown in promo vid with Gomez playing with it, and the moving cube, and a few other things. Pissing off customers wasn't a good move on Stern's part. Distros took a hit on title and some are still sitting on NIB although the prices aren't down on those.

Pin is great fun and the deeper you get into the game, the more callouts you get.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

16,500 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 21.50
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-vs-attack-from-mars/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.