(Topic ID: 25684)

Transformers update confirmed.

By coasterguy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0423.jpg
    IMAG0752.jpg
    IMG_1384.jpg
    IMG_1383.jpg
    Installed_oblique_view.jpg
    325714_3236768556874_895480640_o.jpg
    There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 11 years ago

You have nothing different on your mini-pf. Shots bouncing off OP will land on top of the mini-pf and roll into that cutout and fall in. You'll be waiting for a ball search to open the gate.

#202 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

You'll be waiting for a ball search to open the gate.

Take the gate off.

#203 11 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

I thought I saw a pic that had a decal there.

You can buy these seperately. These are not standard.

here is the link :

http://www.pinballdecals.com/TransformersTargetDecalsPage.html

#204 11 years ago

That good news then. Didn't look to be big enough for the ball to drop in there but just tried it out and it does. I'm thinking of making some customer mini playfield pieces so, note to self, make that cut out a little bit smaller.

Thanks for the link to the decals. That's pretty heafty for a couple of stickers though.... Guess I'll be making some of my own decals too as that's pretty easy to do. Glad to know that I wasn't missing something.

#205 11 years ago

I ordered the plastic protector set from LSOG back when they were available and it came with a plastic diverter for the top of the mini playfield that prevents the ball from falling in the hole. Simple idea that anyone could make out of lexan from Home Depot.

IMAG0752.jpgIMAG0752.jpg

#206 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tekman:

I ordered the plastic protector set from LSOG back when they were available and it came with a plastic diverter for the top of the mini playfield that prevents the ball from falling in the hole. Simple idea that anyone could make out of lexan from Home Depot.

The plastic on the Ironhide Playfield looks like it has graphics and a blue tint to it, is that aftermarket?

Chris

#207 11 years ago

Yeah that's the aftermarket protector set.

Its got laser etching and holes to give that look.

Quoted from SideTrackTap:

The plastic on the Ironhide Playfield looks like it has graphics and a blue tint to it, is that aftermarket?
    Chris

#208 11 years ago

Quoted from SideTrackTap:

Chris

#209 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

TFs is a good game. I really enjoyed mine. Little mechanical issues just kept pissing me off.
    1. Megatron ball lock never worked 100%. No matter what I tried, perfect pitch, washers under the mech, widing the trough, etc. Balls still stacked or dribbled out due to the jiggle of the selenoid.
    2. Annoying bounce outs from the Allspark.
    3. Balls bouncing off Optimus and going into the mini-pf geting stuck waiting for a ball search to kick in was unacceptable.
    I sold mine. Code isn't going to fix those issues.

These are the top 3 problems with TFLE IMO and is why I can't stand playing it on location and/or other peoples TFLE. BUT....
    1. 7deg pitch and 2 washers fixed mine
    2. Doubled up dead ball foam from pinbits. Hook it to a paperclip and push it to the back - 5 min fix. 1% bounce outs.
    3. Remove the IH control gate

Another little thing i did is setting the coil pulse power to hard in settings.
    TFLE is a great game when dialed in properly. Looking forward to what's In store for powerpack II. But if I'm being completely honest; powerpack I wasn't all that, so I'm not too anxious or in a hurry to see powerpack II

#210 11 years ago
    Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Cool Thanks!

#211 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tekman:

Or you can remove that ugly ass control gate
    Btw; love the look of that plastic protector!

#212 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

It sucks when you pay $5K-$6K for a game and you have to jam earplugs in them to fix issues.

Yeah, I was heartbroken

You say the game pissed you off due to relatively easy to fix mechanical problems, so you decided to sell the game because of these... and the reason for not fixing them is that the game cost $5K-$6K... I just don't follow the logic personally... Isn't it more upsetting to have to sell a game you like rather than fix the reasons you don't like it, irrespective of how much the game cost...?

I do get that balls not working properly in Megatron would piss you off, me too... I guess I'm lucky that mine's trouble free...

#213 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tekman:

Who do you think came up with the idea? I worked with Brian to make those plastic protectors as I sent him tracings of all my plastics and came up with that little diverter to mount on top.

#214 11 years ago

Some of you guys just don't get it. You should be able to take the game out of the box and enjoy it. Not tweaking/twisting ball troughs, not going to home depo and buying and cutting lexan, not removing gates that are designed to be there. Shit should work correct the day you take it out of the box.

... then again, there is x-men which is another nightmare in itself. banging disc motor, people blowing aux boards, lock forks flying out, ghosting inserts, etc.

#215 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Who do you think came up with the idea? I worked with Brian to make those plastic protectors as I sent him tracings of all my plastics and came up with that little diverter to mount on top.

Good job! Why is it impossible to find the protector set now?

#216 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Some of you guys just don't get it. You should be able to take the game out of the box and enjoy it. Not tweaking/twisting ball troughs, not going to home depo and buying and cutting lexan, not removing gates that are designed to be there. Shit should work correct the day you take it out of the box.

... then again, there is x-men which is another nightmare in itself. banging disc motor, people blowing aux boards, lock forks flying out, ghosting inserts, etc.

I have both and no problems. Awesome games. But I know I got lucky. can't help wonder though if its less luck but more a case of the few problems being heard vs the normal success. I only say this because someone down the way also has both games and also has no issues.

#217 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tekman:

Beats me. Brian, at one point, had them listed on his website. He must have made some deal with LSOG to sell them. Try contacting him. http://www.gamestencils.com/index.php?sc_page=43

#218 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tekman:

I have a reserve set lying around, it was for a friend but after it arrived and took it home, opened it and then he comes to the conclusion he doesn't want it!
    He gave it back to me and said if someone ever wanted it, then i could sell it and keep the money!
    A very good friend, strange but good!

So i have his set lying around for sale if someone wants it pm me!
    It's open but complete!

#219 11 years ago

My point being they should have seen all these issues when testing the game at stern. Designing a game on a computer doesn't take into account where the ball is going to land when it flys off OP.

These mechanical issues were not the only reason for selling the game. I did like it but the lack of progression for OP was the last straw. Now since they have parts laying around to build another 250 LEs, they need to go back and do more code to hope to try and sell the rest of the unbuilt games.
    Stern needs to step up in the coding dept and actually listen to the people buying the games. The designer stating, "I like the code the way it is" is not acceptable IMHO.

#220 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Personally I get it that this SHOULD be the case, but the fact is that it rarely is... I try not to let this deter my enjoyment of the game however by simply putting right what I can... It's not lack of getting what you say that makes me do this, it's merely a desire to enjoy the game... Can you get that?

Quoted from jackal2001:

These mechanical issues were not the only reason for selling the game. I did like it but the lack of progression for OP was the last straw.

Either that or having a way to beat OP that doesn't need progression

Quoted from 85vett:

I'm thinking of making some customer mini playfield pieces so, note to self, make that cut out a little bit smaller.

Nooooo!!! Don't make it smaller or the ball will get stuck IN it!! Then even ball search won't get it out!! What you need to do it remove the cut-out all together!! It's only their because Stern thought the ball might rest on top of the gate, but that's extremely unlikely bearing in mind the only way the ball can get there is by bouncing off OP... so it will have plantly of movement to it that won't let it simply rest on the gate... the hole is pointless and creates more problems that it solves!

#221 11 years ago

#222 11 years ago

Oh man.. thank for that, Ben. That is by far my favourite movie from my childhood.. I can't wait to watch the entire series with my boy when he's old enough.

#223 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

This is pretty irrelevant. What should be and what is are separate things. What good is it focusing on "this shouldn't be like this" or "I paid $6000". If you can do something easy to fix a problem, do it. Not only do you end up with something cool that no one else has, but you also get full proper use of your purchase. Who gives a crap that Stern didn't do these things for you? Some people drive 16 hours to pick up a pin. You can't take 30 minutes to fix yours without bitchin? This is a hobby of tinkering. The whole mentality of "I paid $6000 so I refuse to fix this myself" is probably the lamest thing I've ever heard.

It's a big difference between adding a plastic to fix occasional air balls vs a blown board.

And for the record, I never once had an airball land in the mini PF and had to wait for ball search. So perhaps they did play test and it never occurred.

#224 11 years ago

Game rocks and its beautiful!

IMG_0423.jpgIMG_0423.jpg

#225 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

What should be and what is are separate things. What good is it focusing on "this shouldn't be like this" or "I paid $6000". If you can do something easy to fix a problem, do it. Not only do you end up with something cool that no one else has, but you also get full proper use of your purchase. Who gives a crap that Stern didn't do these things for you? Some people drive 16 hours to pick up a pin. You can't take 30 minutes to fix yours without bitchin? This is a hobby of tinkering. The whole mentality of "I paid $6000 so I refuse to fix this myself" is probably the lamest thing I've ever heard.

Eg-f**ing-zacly!! Some people see the money they spand as a right to moan, rather than the purchase of something to enjoy Brand new products are going to have niggles, pinballs are complex things... anyone who doesn't appreciate that should avoid buying new pins and only get proven designs.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Game rocks and its beautiful!

Holy shit, what code you runnin dude?? You've managed to get Shockwave and Blackout lit on the Decepticon side and Bumblebee and Ironhide lit on the Autobot side!!

#226 11 years ago

<Holy shit, what code you runnin dude?? Yo've managed to get Shockwave and Blackout lit on the Decepticon side and Bumblebee and Ironhide lit on the Autobot side!!

Great catch! What the?????.....

#227 11 years ago

attract mode

There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-update-confirmed/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.