http://papa.org/blog

Pre-registration for the PAPA 15 World Championships has also opened at
http://papa.org/papa15/index.php

#2 11 years ago

Thanks!

#3 11 years ago

thanks! was waiting for this one

#4 11 years ago

Ok this game bowen plays on the red side is unreal. I have never seen anything close. There's a TF LE at the bar right by my house 30 seconds away and it's had the stock high score for almost 4 months now. He tripled that on the second ball. I've seen probably every video on papa blog and I swear this is the best game I've ever seen bowen play.

#5 11 years ago

Now people know its a game for the advanced player.

#6 11 years ago

wow, this is a great video.... thanks for sharing man.

this guy bowen is amazing. check out the video at the 17 minute mark he does a sweet DEATH SAVE (as he calls it).

the dude has some mad skills!

#7 11 years ago

Yeh great review. Nice and long too. I think it would have been harder if he was playing the LE due to lack of ball control. Was good watching it on the Pro.

#8 11 years ago

yea, that guy Bowen does ok for himself... http://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?player_id=2

Number 9 is doing just fine!

I watch every video they post up on pinball.org, hoping that one day the skills will just absorb into my mind so I can be up there in those rankings one day.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Yeh great review. Nice and long too. I think it would have been harder if he was playing the LE due to lack of ball control. Was good watching it on the Pro.

I was thinking the same thing. I can beat him at a game of TFLE
Haha jk, great video!!

#10 11 years ago

How far does he get? Can't watch at work.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

How far does he get? Can't watch at work.

His decepticons play wasn't that impressive except his crazy ball control during megatron mb.

He got to roll out on autobots and scored 96mil total roll out mode! 299 mil autobots session. Just shy of battle for cybertron. He only got 54 combos but thats due to all the ball stopping and explaining to the viewer what's going on.

Very well done video but it appears to me that the pro does play a little easier and slower than the LE; Except the ramps are smoother which I like.

#13 11 years ago

FYI, I did a search for this video, as I cannot access from work, so i think I'm looking at the same one. Anywho, just so you know they change the rules in tournement mode so you have to light the allspark targets to light locks for Megatron. That blew my mind at first I thought the game was broken.

Quoted from tomdotcom:

Transformers is an easy game,

Haha...man it takes too long to get to cybertron to be easy.

#14 11 years ago

I meant easy more in the longggg ball times. Easy to control the ball, at least on the pro I played a bunch of times...

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I meant easy more in the longggg ball times. Easy to control the ball, at least on the pro I played a bunch of times...

Sure we understand....so easy your cant Wizard mode it...makes sense

You'd hate the LE version then...ironsides mini playfield slows things down even more.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Transformers is an easy game, the fan layout makes it so you basically hit a shot every time. I think the game kinda sucks. It looks cool, and sounds cool, but I've played it a bunch and was very underwhelmed...love Bowen's videos though!!

Having long ball times does not mean its an easy game. And hitting shots doesn't mean you're hitting the right shots and advancing forward. In tis game, you have to hot specific shots at specific times in order to move forward. Many of the shots are tight and getting to the end requires owning the multiballs, which are both quite difficult. It's most definitely not an easy game.

#17 11 years ago

I probably could wizard mode it if I studied the rules more, but I won't cause the game kinda sucks...IMO...I don't have to like the games you like and vice versa...

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha...man it takes too long to get to cybertron to be easy.

If you're going to have a long journey, then I hope it's fun; if it's not, it's just work.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I probably could wizard mode it if I studied the rules more, but I won't cause the game kinda sucks...IMO...I don't have to like the games you like and vice versa...

Well you shoot the blinking shots to complete the modes. Shot the lit shots 120+ times and bam, Wizard mode...simple!

Just kidding though...it's not a very exciting game to me either. It hooked me at first but then, as keefer says, it became like punching the clock @ work. Def like Tron more now, when at the beginning it was the other way around.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

TheLaw said:Haha...man it takes too long to get to cybertron to be easy.
If you're going to have a long journey, then I hope it's fun; if it's not, it's just work.

He seemed bored at times during his games. Such a repetitive slog. Always entertaining and informative though, I love these tutorials but I wonder why they didn't use the multicam like on FT, BSD and TAF.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

"This game sucks, but I dunno how to play it. I could also wizard it, EASY, but I'm too busy not learning rules to do that. Later chumps!"

*puts on sunglasses*

#22 11 years ago

Tron is 250x more fun. Sosage thx for the laugh.

Transformers is boring....I am not the only one who thinks this way.

**Wizard modes it first ball, pops collar, lights a smoke, grabs the girl, rides off into the sunset*

#23 11 years ago

TFLE is fun, fast, and addicting....I am not the only one who feels this way.

#24 11 years ago

Nice tutorial video as usual. Great score playing as an Autobot.

Of note-I wonder if those people upset that there is "no multiball progression" noticed that Bowen said he prefers the Autobot side because he felt the Optimus Prime multiball is easier? Interesting. (Of course he finished OP first try so he did not run into the "roadblock" some people tlak about).

I still think playing as a Decepticon is easier in general. (I have been fortunate to have achieved SP playing as both factions)

I also noted that I can see there is a HUGE ball control advantage in the Pro vs LE to not having both the right and left loop shots carry around.

#25 11 years ago

Hmmm...I've always felt Megatron m-ball was easier personally. Then again i do not like the Optimus target. Sometimes it's just tuff to get up there, and then actually registering the shot seems even worse.

#26 11 years ago

Holy smokes that is a long tutorial, lol. Love the videos they put out, and have probably watched the FT and TSPP one more than a few times

#27 11 years ago

I'm actually one of the few that believe mb progression could ruin the game. Instead, there needs to be no mb start difficulty progression unless a mb mode has been completed. That way your not sitting there for 10 minutes trying to start OP mblate in the game.

I also believe Sentinel Prime should be achieved after completing just the regular modes; and the mb's should be for battle for cybertron.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

the fan layout makes it so you basically hit a shot every time.

Pretty much the same with the Sterns of late... Light everything and you cant go wrong

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm actually one of the few that believe mb progression could ruin the game. Instead, there needs to be no mb start difficulty progression unless a mb mode has been completed. That way your not sitting there for 10 minutes trying to start OP mblate in the game.
I also believe Sentinel Prime should be achieved after completing just the regular modes; and the mb's should be for battle for cybertron.

I agree. I emailed in a suggestion to stern. That was that as soon as one side is completed other than the MB you start completing the second side so you're at least moving forward. And as soon as one side is completed you can enter sentinel. As soon as both then cyber tron. This eliminates being stagnant until both sides modes are finished. I also asked for MB to not become more difficult to start until MB was actually beaten.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-tutorial and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.