• Latest reply 5 years ago by mrm_4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F75B66FA-853C-413E-B6CB-3B1F5B316264 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Transformers, at the end of the left ramp there's a Starscreamer figure who rotates maybe 100 degrees. He does this during ball search, and he does it during the Starscreamer hurry up. What realistic action!!!

The problem I have is that sometimes, he rotates, but then never returns to his original position. Like, ever. I have to physically move him back or go into test and do it that way (turning game off/on doesn't work either). The problem is the left ramp becomes unusable when that happens, as it flies through the back and ends up in the left orbit where it trickles back down to the flipper.

Anybody have this issue? Is there a home switch I need to be looking for? I haven't gone underneath and checked this out yet.

#2 6 years ago

The 2 switches are located near the bottom of the motor. You can’t miss them.

Every once in a while, my Star scream gets stuck, but when I start a new game he goes back to where he should be.

I would go into test and see if it works right.

#3 6 years ago

Ok this has happened recently with mine. Literally just happened while some friends are over and we were in a 4 person game. I opened the door and went into test to fix it just to keep the game going but I'm pissed it happened. Afterward I lifted the field and unplugged and replugged in the Opto connector in hopes that may help. However, I didn't see switches when I looked at the motor. Where are the switches I wanna check them out to see if they are dirty or something.

#4 6 years ago

Switches are right next to the motor.

My game is at a friend's house, otherwise I'd take a picture.

Look for the motor, there will be this big rounded tab that will hit 2 switches with the roller.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Switches are right next to the motor.
My game is at a friend's house, otherwise I'd take a picture.
Look for the motor, there will be this big rounded tab that will hit 2 switches with the roller.

Thanks! I’ll check that out.

2 weeks later
#6 6 years ago

I reseated some connectors underneath (don't ask, I was shotgunning) and the problem appears to have been fixed. Not a surprise as this era under playfield connectors are famously shitty. Just something to check if you are having this same problem.

It was def not the switches, they were working fine. Which is great because they appear to be a massive pain in the ass to service.

3 months later
#7 5 years ago

Well the issue is back with mine. I tried reseating every connector even remotely close to him and it’s doing it pretty much every game now. Won’t return to center on its own unless it goes into ball search or if the switch is hit a few times.

F75B66FA-853C-413E-B6CB-3B1F5B316264 (resized).jpegF75B66FA-853C-413E-B6CB-3B1F5B316264 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-starscreamer-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.