Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TF2.jpg
TF.jpg
ac-dc.jpg
air_2.jpg
air_1.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Benaar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Short version: Poor design

I'm a TF-LE owner and do enjoy the game, but for serious players it's just plain unfit. Stupid issues like inconsistent ball locks in the Megatron trough… for instance if the 4th ball goes in via the skill shot lane, but doesn't fall into line on the switch right away it can count as a lock. When starting Megatron multiball balls that fail to make the pops can fall in thru the skill shot lane too and cause legitimate shots to Megatron not to count. Balls bounce off Optimus & land in the Ironhide playfield & get stuck, then when they DO get released they count as a right ramp shot.

Simply the fact that auto-plunged balls don't consistently make it to the pops is a major downer & causes unnecessary grief. A game shouldn't need so much babying/tweaking to just LAUNCH a damn ball.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I hit the point where I just didn't feel compelled to hit start anymore.

For me I think it's sticking around. I go through waves of playing it quite a bit then it falls out of favor again. However, as a collector & long time Transformers fan it's a keeper, if for no other reason than the license & the artwork.

Granted, I'm the guy who still has unopened G1 Tranformers in boxes on my office bookshelf.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I also didn't like being a test bed for Stern's decals. I got lucky with my game and I didn't really have decal issues. I did recently put the metal protectors on my TF and boy am I glad I did as I started to have a decal issue on the right front of my game. I think Stern should have mailed a set of those metal protectors to everyone who purchased TFLE, and especially to those who complained about decal issues and Stern mailed a set of replacement decals to. They can't cost that much to manufacture and a little customer service goes a long way.

I ended up with a new set of decals from Stern, but come on… am I really going to go thru the trouble of removing everything from the game and re-applying the decals myself? I don't think so. Yeah, it's a nice gesture but at the end of the day I still have torn up decals on my game.

1 year later
#259 10 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Wow, i do love my TFLE but the fake Peter Cullen is miles apart from the real one.

Totally agreed. I think it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have the REAL Peter Cullen's voice in there as well so you get a direct comparison. There is no substitute.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Benaar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-le-why-so-much-hate?tu=Benaar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.