11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by IBARAKURO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

hello everyone,

I am very happy with my transformers, I love it
    but I have a little trouble with the lock megatron

in Megatron, when a ball enters the fourth (in front or behind)
    she can not go down well,
    and suddenly megatron returns 2 ball at the same time ...

I do not know what to do to solve the problem ...
    should I lubricate the tunnel?

thank you in advance ...

#2 11 years ago

It's a pretty common problem. Im not going to be too much help here except to say - ABSOLUTELY DO NOT LUBE ANYTHING.

#3 11 years ago

Take the trough out, and try to 'push apart' the walls a bit, to make sure the balls have a little play. If it's too tight, that will keep the the ball that falls in from pushing the others back.

#4 11 years ago

Sadly, this happened to many folks. (Hopefully this does not turn into a TFLE bash thread)

Anyway: One solution:

The code has an option for Megatron virtual lock. Feature adjustment 5.

This takes the fun out of locking 4 balls, but it would solve the issue.

Other Solutions:

Make the sure the game is pitched at 6.5 degrees.

Some people have widened the trough physically to make it looser and make the balls move more easily. Some have placed spacers under the trough to increase its pitch (remember you want the balls to roll to the back).

Good luck.

And I agree with markmon: DO NOT LUBRICATE ANYTHING

#5 11 years ago

I only had this issue occur when the pf pitch was not perfect. If you increase pitch of your pf, you need to compensate with washers under the Megatron trough screws. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, make sure your pf pitch bubble is dead nuts center. If its still an issue try putting something under the rear legs to raise the pitch as a TEST and see if that resolves the issue. If it does, then Work with that and crank the back legs up for a permanent pitch. This game seems to play way better at a 6.9-7 deg pitch, but that's just my opinion.

#6 11 years ago

I just got my TF and have my back legs up pretty high and haven't had any trough issues yet (knock on wood). I will take a picture of the bubble and measure the pitch when I get home. One thing about Sterns is there is no consistency from machine to machine, so what works for one person might not work for the next.

#7 11 years ago

There is one other thing that could be holding the balls up and that is the switch itself. I had it happen to two of them. Something broke inside them and were very hard to push down holding the balls from rolling back.

#8 11 years ago

I increased the slope, and it works much better ...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-le-problem-fourth-ball-does-not-go-in-megatron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.