(Topic ID: 143219)

Transformers LE: high friction in Ironhide mini playfield

By nosro

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nosro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I just took possession of a Transformers LE. I have played a friend's Transformers LE and found it quite easy to rock the ball all the way to the top on the Ironhide mini playfield. However, on my machine the Ironhide mini playfield seems to have a lot more friction rocking side-to-side and on standard solenoid power, the ball will not move up the playfield at all. When I increase the mini playfield solenoid power, it is slightly better but definitely not as good as my friend's machine.

I have pushed the backboard rearward to make sure there is no interference between the Ironhide figure and the backboard, but that makes little difference.

Any other ideas?

#3 8 years ago

I took apart the entire Ironhide playfield and found something interesting.

There are two coils. Each drives a plunger with a link. A spring is installed between the coil and the blue link like a system 11 flipper spring. A white plastic washer is installed between the link and the spring, apparently to improve the spring seating on the blue link. However, this tends to add friction to the link. I removed this white washer and let the spring sit directly on the blue link.

Problem solved. The playfield moves freely and power boost is not needed.

For future reference, the coil, spring, plunger and link of the miniplayfield are the same as those for the slingshot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nosro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-le-high-friction-in-ironhide-mini-playfield?tu=nosro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.