Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Red_Devils
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I just took possession of a Transformers LE. I have played a friend's Transformers LE and found it quite easy to rock the ball all the way to the top on the Ironhide mini playfield. However, on my machine the Ironhide mini playfield seems to have a lot more friction rocking side-to-side and on standard solenoid power, the ball will not move up the playfield at all. When I increase the mini playfield solenoid power, it is slightly better but definitely not as good as my friend's machine.

I have pushed the backboard rearward to make sure there is no interference between the Ironhide figure and the backboard, but that makes little difference.

Any other ideas?

#2 6 years ago

I have the same issue!

#3 6 years ago

I took apart the entire Ironhide playfield and found something interesting.

There are two coils. Each drives a plunger with a link. A spring is installed between the coil and the blue link like a system 11 flipper spring. A white plastic washer is installed between the link and the spring, apparently to improve the spring seating on the blue link. However, this tends to add friction to the link. I removed this white washer and let the spring sit directly on the blue link.

Problem solved. The playfield moves freely and power boost is not needed.

For future reference, the coil, spring, plunger and link of the miniplayfield are the same as those for the slingshot.

#4 6 years ago

Glad you found the solution. Enjoy the game!

#5 6 years ago

My Mini PF was rubbing on the backboard ... some tweaking and it rocked better.

I still have an issue with the PF switches registering hits, probably the ribbon cable needs an adjustment ... but I can't be bothered taking it all out again LOL

rd

5 years later
#6 11 months ago
Quoted from nosro:

I took apart the entire Ironhide playfield and found something interesting.

Sorry to resurrect a very old thread but I was having the same issue on my machine, higher power wasn't doing anything the ball would just sit at the bottom and not move up the playfield at all.

But I took the lazy mans way out after reading this post. I took a pair of side cutters and some needle nosed pliers and very carefully snipped the white nylon washer and pulled it away with the pliers. Now the mini playfield moves the ball up and down, what a wonderful post. Thank you soooo much

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
$ 6.00
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!