Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Breaking_Dad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170506_222827 (resized).jpg
20170506_222526 (resized).jpg
20170506_222203 (resized).jpg
20170506_221851 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

When I start the game the ball does not kick out from the trough. There are no error codes. Even when I pull the ball out and start the game the new ball won't come out. I don't know if this is related but I just installed a colordmd led. I don't know why it should. Please help me.

#2 3 years ago

Just to get some more info going...so you start a game...manually put a ball in play...when it drains does it do...ball over and go to ball two(even tho no ball gets kicked out)...?...or is it like no ball drained at all...?...hope it's an easy fix for you..............Joey

#3 3 years ago

Machine recognizes ball goes into trough and goes to next ball. The balls just don't get kicked out and the flippers don't work as well

#4 3 years ago

I'm thinking something electrical is wrong. I just can't see anything obvious.

#5 3 years ago

Check your fuses with a meter.

#6 3 years ago

Fuses are good but still the same problem. Any other suggestions?

#7 3 years ago

Go into coil test and see if those coils will fire. If they do then I would be suspicious the color dmd could be pulling down the 12 volts. Disconnect it and see what happens.

#8 3 years ago

Coils don't fire as well. I disconnected the dmd power and no improvement. I'm frustrated

#9 3 years ago

Way too early to get frustrated.

Just wanted to confirm that you checked the fuses with a meter?

Go into switch test and make sure the switches for the ball trough and flippers are working.

#10 3 years ago

Yes. Checked with meter

#11 3 years ago

Are any coils working? Something wrong with the interlock coin door switch? Maybe game thinks coin door is open and coils wont fire?

#12 3 years ago

The coils give message 50v/20v disabled. Can't be coin door because the game will start but flippers and coils just don't work

#13 3 years ago

Id open coin door and manually cycle the interlock switch a few times. If you push it all the way in with your hand do the coils work?

#14 3 years ago

I tried it and coils still doesn't fire.

#15 3 years ago

Hmmm look like any loose connections to the interlock switch? Almost has to be something with that switch making game think door is open.

Im assuming the red led lights in back box for the 50v 20v are off? Do any of the flashers work?

#16 3 years ago

Flashers not working either

#17 3 years ago

I checked all the connections. There might be one I missed. Which one and where do you think it might be?

#18 3 years ago

Ok so when i open the coin door there is a audible ding ding ding sound and i get this message on dmd.

50v 20v disabled
Close coin door
Or pull interlock switch to restore power.

And in flasher and coil test none work.

With a repeat of the message at top of screen

50v 20v disabled

Is that what u see?

#19 3 years ago

20170506_221851 (resized).jpg

#20 3 years ago

And heres a shot of my interlock switch.

20170506_222203 (resized).jpg

#21 3 years ago

And another with the door shut.

20170506_222526 (resized).jpg

#22 3 years ago

Pulling out on the switch button allows the coils and flashers to work with door open.

20170506_222827 (resized).jpg

#23 3 years ago

Omg! That was it. It must st have pulled out when I pulled the playfield up to connect the power to the colordmd. You are awesome. Thank you so much.

I want to thank everyone else for all their input.

#24 3 years ago

Yes! Love this site

#25 3 years ago

There's that easy fix I was hoping for....let me know if you ever want to jam a few games... ...............Joey

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside