You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2011-12-02_17-14-45_16.jpg
2011-12-02_17-14-33_976.jpg
2011-12-02_16-16-59_895.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Got up my Transformers LE #63. Just got it out of the box. A few pic sorry for the bad quality.

2011-12-02_16-16-59_895.jpg2011-12-02_16-16-59_895.jpg 2011-12-02_17-14-33_976.jpg2011-12-02_17-14-33_976.jpg 2011-12-02_17-14-45_16.jpg2011-12-02_17-14-45_16.jpg

#2 12 years ago

GREAT!! MORE pictures , and reviews

#3 12 years ago

Looks good. How is the play?need some more picks. I hope to get my le decepticon Monday. Let us know what you think.

#4 12 years ago

First play pretty good. Didn't do well but is a lot of fun.

The Good:
LEDs are Excellent. I believe only the flashers are non led. The inserts are surface mounted on boards like the Tron LE.
Rotating Starscream is nice- see the bad
Skids and Mud Flap 2 ball Multiball fun.
Lot of voices I noticed that I did not hear when I played at Expo.
The Ironhide Mini playfield you have to hit the ramp a number of times and then the ball will be locked in the mini playfield for a set amount of time. It does play EM chime music when in there (like mnpinball said it would).
Very thick manual inside game next to shaker (figure some would be happy).
Megatron raises at Multiball and cannon shots as balls released.

The Bad:
The Megatron drop target launches the ball airborn unless hit from the side. I mean "launches"! I lost 2 balls over the lower lane plastics into the apron for a drain. MIght be a lot of cracked plastics.
I have gotten 2 balls stuck in between the platform for the starscream target and the rotating Starscream platform. This was annoying, esp in multiball. Possible I have to play with the slope a bit to help.
Only 4 balls and the tilt mech was found in the coin box. No extra anything.

Just what I've discovered so far.

#5 12 years ago

I do some videos and post them here. Probably won't get them up until tomorrow.

#6 12 years ago

Can you disable the drop target? What do you think between the pro and the le? Are the upper play fields a waist or do you like them?

#7 12 years ago

Congrats!

Waiting for video.........

#8 12 years ago

Congrats on the new pin man.

I hope it's better than the cheap POS they've been selling before this version.

#9 12 years ago

Congrats! Thanks for the early readout. Interested in your thoughts after few more games and benchmark against other games you think better or same as.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Can you disable the drop target? What do you think between the pro and the le? Are the upper play fields a waist or do you like them?

I think the LE is better than the pro. The Leds are really cool. I think they are even better than the Tron LE LEDs.
I haven't checked about the drop target but I'm thinking they have it reinforced some how so it doesn't break which is causing the issue. I played a few more games on it and only had one bang into the glass and drain. The outlanes are all the way up which I'll have to adjust that for my tastes.
I like the upper playfields. They give the game something more to shot for which I really like. So far I'm liking the modes which I have not finished one yet. Definitely an advantage to save the all spark for when you have a mode lit as it will give you more time to complete the modes. I'm still trying to get use to the lane changes. Very similar to Rolling stones where the left flipper will change the lanes for the left side only. Overall I'm satisifed but it's so new to me now that it's going to take some time to adjust.

Also I'm not sure about the electronically controlled gates. I did not trying to hit the orbits and have the ball bounce back at me when I thought I had hit a solid shot. Might just be me though. I will look into this more later. I promised a friend I would be over at his place to night so I sadly have to leave the game for a few hours.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

I hope it's better than the cheap POS they've been selling before this version.

Let's try not to pee on his parade, ok?? LOL

#12 12 years ago

congrats on the LE, thats always how it goes isn't it? getting a new toy and having to leave it!!!

#13 12 years ago

This is the standard LE edition? I like that one.

#14 12 years ago

congrats, tom. I'm looking forward to your vid(s).

#15 12 years ago

Congrats on the early ownership! I'm being patient.

#16 12 years ago

congrats looking forward to my autobots maybe its getting close

#17 12 years ago

Those foam blocks might hinder game play Congrats on the new pin.

#18 12 years ago

Congrats Tom!
NIB's are the best gifts you could ever give yourself.
Unless your "significant other" buys one for you!
(*sigh* Still waiting for that one... )

#19 12 years ago

Game Play Video up.

#20 12 years ago

Looks like a GREAT all around game,Thanks for the video tom,although I did get a little dizzy watching it sideways

#21 12 years ago

Flipping as we speak. The only thing I don't like about flipping is you lose 2/3 of the screen. I can't shoot the whole game in 16:9 unless I rotate the camera. Usually I mount my tripod up in the air to the side of me to get the whole playfield and DMD. This time for a quick video, I just put the tripod in front of me which made game play a little awkward.

#22 12 years ago

Cool! great sounds, as I was hoping for!

#23 12 years ago

Flipped video version:

#24 12 years ago

Looks pretty nice! Congrats and I am sure you will love it!

#25 12 years ago

Thanks for that Tom. How is the upper right mini pf? I didn't see it do much it that game. Now I am really stoked......

#26 12 years ago

Mini playfield is ok. Finding out you have told do some nudging to get the ball going if it comes to rest in the front. Maybe that is why they out the EM sounds in.

#27 12 years ago

I like the LE over the pro still. The cannon looks cool though I was hoping for the 6 ball like they spoke of in the video over and over again. Do you feel that the mini Pf's break up the flow at all? The pro had plenty of flow for me when I played it many times at the expo.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I like the LE over the pro still. The cannon looks cool though I was hoping for the 6 ball like they spoke of in the video over and over again. Do you feel that the mini Pf's break up the flow at all? The pro had plenty of flow for me when I played it many times at the expo.

No I don't think it breaks the flow at all.

#29 12 years ago

Awesome!

#30 12 years ago

At least I have my TZ back and new to me again. TZ will get me by until TF arrives.

#31 12 years ago

Tom thanks for the very solid video - appreciate the sharing! Btw...nice first ball!! Congrats again.

The LE looks definitely nicer than the Pro version and I also like the cannon and drop target in front enhancements. I really need to put some plays on one before I properly critique or applaud. Right now, still feeling good I didn't commit on an LE. Love the theme but with the first glance something still isn't there for me. But, sharing the excitement for those of you who have - some really nice things to be pumped about in the video. I also like the version you bought, combo. Looks sweet.

Too early to have an opinion how it compares to say Tron LE, Iron Man or Spiderman?

#32 12 years ago

Looks great! Your making me sad though, wish mine was here lol. Thanks for posting a good quality video. Congrats on game.

#33 12 years ago

Watched video again. Does the game feel as fast as it looks? Also, noticed balls getting stuck on starscream a couple time, I can see that getting annoying. Wonder if anything can be tweaked or put there to prevent it.

#34 12 years ago

Nice vid TOM....thanks for the share! It reminds a bit of BOP in that all the top shot section is ramps that lead to objectives....not much in the way of middle PF action. I do like how everything reacts to shots on those ramps though....lots of toys moving around. On one shot to the right you actually hit the autobot and it deflected to the right and got on top of the hood of the ramp...that looked dangerous?!

I would say the lighting is not as cool as the TRON LE but when things get to moving on on that TF PF it really has an excellent light show...very cool. And the DMD animations are fun...neat to watch. it looks like a fun pin to play....we will see if it has that lasting impression.

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Flipped video version:

I watched again,AWESOME!! The split screen is cool,Looks fast and a lot to shoot at with good flow,Wish I had some cash,I would also get the combo LE!!!!!!!

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Congrats Tom!
NIB's are the best gifts you could ever give yourself.
Unless your "significant other" buys one for you!
(*sigh* Still waiting for that one... )

lol My wife doesn't like pinball very much. I would not say she hates it but I've only seen her play about 5 games. We agree about one think about pinball -- I am obsessed with it. I don't think that's such a bad thing though.

#37 12 years ago

Thanks for the excellent video Tom looks like a very fun pin! Congrats.

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

+1

Looks like you have a great pin on your hands. Love the speed and the light show! Congratulations.

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Looks like you have a great pin on your hands. Love the speed and the light show! Congratulations.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's all about pinball.

Here is another Video this time as the Autobots.

Towards the end of the video the ball flow onto Ironhide's shoulder and got stuck. Had the glass off to take the video. I took a few other videos (bad play) and I took an airball to the knuckle from the Megatron drop target backfire. Ouch. Dangerous game with the glass off.

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from Socal_Steve:

Watched video again. Does the game feel as fast as it looks? Also, noticed balls getting stuck on starscream a couple time, I can see that getting annoying. Wonder if anything can be tweaked or put there to prevent it.

It's fast but not too fast. The Starscream ball hangups seem better after more play. There is just too wide a gap between the two platforms. I don't know what can be done to fix it now. Maybe Cliffy knows.

#41 12 years ago

Looks fun TomGWI cant wait to play mine.

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I don't think that's such a bad thing though.

I think you are "A-Ok(!)" in my book.
Carry on!

Thanks for posting the vid's Tom, I look forward to seeing if the LE is truly worth the extra scratch.
Did they color match the inserts or did they just use all white for the surface mounted LED's again?
If so, the Pro is looking better and better for the $$$...

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Looks fun TomGWI cant wait to play mine.

I know TAT! I am getting very antsy......

#44 12 years ago

The air balls and stuck ball spots are a little concerning. But with that said, the differences between autobots and decepticons are awesome. I love how the ball lock animations and call outs are different between factions (though the order of animations on the decepticons ball locks is out of sync - lock 1 good. Lock 2 decepticons diving fast. Lock 3, megatron put in ocean? 2 and 3 need to be swapped). The megatron mb start is awesome whether it's autobots or decepticon.

The music between factions is great too! Decepticons feel dark and villainish like you want to destroy someone, while the autobots music is uplifting and adrenalin filling like you want to kick some butt.

The game seems to follow the flow of rivalness between autobots and decepticons really well. Love that blackout mode. Was awesome in the movie and looked awesome in the video.

What's up with the pop lanes? Kind of tough to see from the vid. Are there 2 lanes or 3 lanes and appears to be 2 inserts for each lane. Guess I gotta watch your vid again darn lol. Thanks Tom.

#45 12 years ago

The game looks really fun. I can't wait to play the LE. Thanks for the video! I like to shoot my vidoes vertically as well. That way, you can get the flippers and the DMD all in one 16:9 shot. I'm surprised YouTube doesn't allow you to rotate a video while watching it.

#46 12 years ago

Awesome Video Tom. Looks like you had a great game too. Thanks for posting, game looks awesome and fast. I like the upper playfield and chimes.

Mike

#47 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Did they color match the inserts or did they just use all white for the surface mounted LED's again?

I haven't checked the surface mount insert LEDs yet. The GI LEDs are red on the autobot side and white on the Decepticons.

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from Socal_Steve:

What's up with the pop lanes? Kind of tough to see from the vid. Are there 2 lanes or 3 lanes and appears to be 2 inserts for each lane. Guess I gotta watch your vid again darn lol. Thanks Tom.

There are 2 upper lanes with 2 inserts each. One side decepticons, other autobots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-le-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.