Topic Stats

• 145 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Eskaybee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EugeneLevy.JPG
1287461465348.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
optimus-troll.jpg
sharknado-attack.jpg
1842092,MqveFMRzikFV7Hc_8n63Uc1ipmVb1v.jpg
dinameyer.jpg

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Now, I'm the hugest PJ fan on the planet.

Why is there no puking on my dick emoticon?

#102 6 years ago

The op needs to put more time in TF gameplay before making such a biased review.

#103 6 years ago

optimus-troll.jpg

#104 6 years ago

Ill admit too, I have played maybe 10 or so games on 2 separate TFLE's, not a big fan of it.

The play field is just all mushed together artwork wise, that one miniplayfield is an Abomination.

The figures are Hasbro toys? Not impressed with those. No real opinion on the code.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The figures are Hasbro toys? Not impressed with those.

How aboot the army men glued on your LOTR? ...seriously

#106 6 years ago

I don't mind the artwork at all. I find the layout equal parts uninspired and inoffensive. My real issue with the pin is lack of transforming! The whole point to Transformers is that they transform!!! Coulda been amazing and feels like they mailed it in.

Anyways there's my super-belated TF review. Stay tuned for my opinions of Rango and Superbowl XLV.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

My real issue with the pin is lack of transforming!

I got no beef with Stern but give me a fucking break

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I got no beef with Stern but give me a fucking break

C'mon tell us how you really feel.....

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What? No glue used anywhere. Don't even compare these 2!

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

What? No glue used anywhere. Don't even compare these 2!

Yes, those tie straps look WAY better than glue.

#111 6 years ago

When I see this on my LOTR Ill let you know, somebody might be jealous of that title?

Unknown.jpeg

#112 6 years ago

love to see stern fanboys arguing how cheaply there machines are decked out! Yes i have had WOZE on order for 2YEARS! Bring it

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

IMO if you're going to grab the megaphone by starting a new thread, the "review" had better look something like this one (grabbed from the game page):
Transformers is a game...

I would have loved to see another review like that, but you are setting expectations at a very high level! I have not checked but it looks like a contribution from Caucasian2step...my reference! I would settle for a less detailed explanation.

#114 6 years ago

Moved to the Stern Pinball Sub forum.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes, those tie straps look WAY better than glue.

And for this failure Loki will suffer...oops, sorry, wrong thread.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

My real issue with the pin is lack of transforming! The whole point to Transformers is that they transform!!!

It transforms your money into the operator's money very effectively. What are you talking about!?!

BTW, Lights, Camera, Action had a transforming playfield. Would something like that have been good enough? What would you have done to make the toys transform without bloating the bill of materials into the stratosphere?

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

When I see this on my LOTR Ill let you know, somebody might be jealous of that title?

haha...not jealous of the title but it's a great game no doubt. BUT...the first time I saw it in the wild I thought the owner had got the glue out and "moded" it himself with 78 army/ (elf whatever the fuck you guys are into) figures.

Honestly I did...it horrendous

#118 6 years ago

Still want to play this game!

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

love to see stern fanboys arguing how cheaply there machines are decked out! Yes i have had WOZE on order for 2YEARS! Bring it

It's not all that different from Stern. Believe me,I know.

#120 6 years ago

On the LE, the Ironhide PF is just complete shit. From the design of the way the sensors/switches work along with the horrid gate. The Megatron trough is pretty high on the shit list too, another horrible design. I can see why some people might enjoy the Pro version more. I think this is a good rule of thumb for the most enjoyment out of a Stern pin, the less mechs, the better. It just really blows when you can't even dial in a game properly because of such horribly designed mechs.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I agree with the "random (and low budget) action figures" bit, the Megatron on the LE is especially heinous what with his poorly done amputations and all.
However your review amounts to "hey that pin I know nothing about sucked". Oooh, insightful. Most people who say "game x or y sucks" can't articulate anything about the why, because the often do not know anything regarding how to play the game.
That is one of pinballs big catch 22's, if you don't put in the time to learn a new game, it usually "sucks". Hence new players think every game sucks .

BARF! enough with the 12 year old girl word "random",
it's not "random" it was designed to be the way it is.
Yes, they could have had unique toys for the game like on xmen but they don't, o-well.

#122 6 years ago

Colors on playfield aren't the greatest but I haven't seen one of these with a good led job yet either. Megatron toy looks terrible. I like the ramps, and love the sounds especially the fact that it has the scene change music from the cartoons!! (my favorite thing about this pin) other than that if everyone keeps beating it up bad enough I'm a buyer in a few years

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Then maybe the bumpers were busted? No idea, but didn't notice much, if any, bumper action

This seems most unusual. I know they are a little hard to see on TF but pop bumpers tend to be the loudest mechanical device on a pin, Except maybe for the knocker. Too each their own, I really liked the game.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

BARF! enough with the 12 year old girl word "random",
it's not "random" it was designed to be the way it is.
Yes, they could have had unique toys for the game like on xmen but they don't, o-well.

Hey, I was trying to be nice!

How about "cheap ass straight off Walmart's discount shelf aweful looking differently scaled pieces of crap?".

Nobody buying TF is (hopefully) in awe of the awesome physical playfield toys... you are either there for the atmosphere and gameplay... or not there at all I guess.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Couldn't agree more!!! To your point, the first few times in heard "ten" by pearl jam, I hated it. Never heard anything like that before and didn't get it. Now, I'm the hugest PJ fan on the planet.
But I was allowed to express how I felt before I changed my taste, and the OP should be allowed to also.

Yes. I agree with you. That's what makes this place so interesting. People expressing their thoughts one way or another!

#126 6 years ago

I think why this is getting so much response is due to the last code update. (shame no more tho)
And people actually starting to love the game.

#127 6 years ago

I think you guys are being too harsh on the OP. He's entitled to his opinion, whether you agree with him or not.

There's a mall with an arcade right down the street from my office. For the last few months, I've been going over there a few times a week to get lunch and a half-dozen games on their TFLE, which is the only on location pin I'm aware of within 30 minutes of me.

I don't *dislike* the game, but I don't think it's great either. It's entertaining enough for me to shovel a couple bucks a week into, but I don't think it's even close to good enough for me to want to own.

I'm not a fan of the Transformers... I'm a little too old to have watched them as a kid, and that may mean that I don't have a positive bias towards the machine. I find the playfield a little too crowded, and as someone else said the upper playfield is atrocious... just an embarassment. I have seen early pics that didn't include it, so the suggestion that it was an afterthought is probably correct.

Not sure what code version this machine is running, but it does seem... glitchy... at times. It also tends to lose balls... they get stuck in spots where the machine can't "find" them when it does the self-check, and the player ends up having to tilt the machine to get them unstuck.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Some of you bashed West Virginia, the games I own, my comprehension of rules, etc.. All because I didn't like a game and thought it was awful. Wow. Nice community.

Welcome to Pinside. Opinions not matching groupthink are not welcome here

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I don't *dislike* the game, but I don't think it's great either. It's entertaining enough for me to shovel a couple bucks a week into, but I don't think it's even close to good enough for me to want to own.

Big difference than starting a thread "Awful Game".

If you choose to come out swinging expect to get hit. You can use that one in real life too.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Big difference than starting a thread "Awful Game".
If you choose to come out swinging expect to get hit. You can use that one in real life too.

Most normal people do not consider discussions to be fistfights. I also don't think anyone here would have attacked him like they did had they been physically with the OP after he played his games and made the same comment. Something about being on a forum brings out the commando in many people.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Something about being on a forum brings out the commando in many people.

Today. After school. Three o'clock. In the parking lot. You try and run, I'm gonna track you down. You go to a teacher, it's only gonna get worse. You sneak home, I'm gonna be under your bed.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Most normal people do not consider discussions to be fistfights

Good grief. Calm down there. Just pointing out the style of post and thus the style of answers. Christ no ones talking about fist fights. Have a beer and relax.

P.S. in our area many of us Pinsiders hang out a lot. I take great pride in being the same douche bag in person as I am behind the keyboard ; )

#133 6 years ago

^^
I know Dave. I can vouch for this personally.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I take great pride in being the same douche bag in person as I am behind the keyboard

LOL! It's comments like this that will eventually get me caught browsing Pinside at work.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Most normal people do not consider discussions to be fistfights. I also don't think anyone here would have attacked him like they did had they been physically with the OP after he played his games and made the same comment. Something about being on a forum brings out the commando in many people.

I would put 4 more dollars in it for free told him to play it some more and point out what to shoot for the. He can comment on hoe it sucks. I played avengers like 30 times before I finally said it really does suck the end. No need for keyboard commando. Anything I say in a forum I wouldn't care to say in person either I'm pretty blunt.

#136 6 years ago

Most interesting to me was the pop bumper comment since my favorite part is that mode where everything sounds like steel. The pop bumpers rock in that part of the game.
At the same time different tastes are cool too. Its all good.

#137 6 years ago

This thread is still going?

1287461465348.jpg

#138 6 years ago

Sorry OP, but every time I see your avatar I think it's Eugene Levy:

EugeneLevy.JPG

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Sorry OP, but every time I see your Avatar I think it's Eugene Levy:

Hahaha! I was making a funny face on purpose. Cracks me up. Also my FB profile pic.

#140 6 years ago

We all know great games can leave horrible impressions on route....so can mediocre games like TF lol

I played a TF Pro on route... the ramps were wobbly (loose screws at the entrances) & the game wasn't level. The sound was really low. At the time I had an LE, so I knew generally what the game should feel like....and no way anyone would like TF after playing that particular route Pro.

Now, even if I were to imagine TF Pro playing correctly - I have to agree with some of what the OP said. It IS a barren game....visually there's nothing striking about it. It DOES just have Hasbro toys strapped about. Say what you will about LOTR, but the little toys are just decoration - at least the interactive stuff: Balrog, Ring, Towers & Sword Lock are nicely made custom toys. The only interactive toy on a TF Pro is Prime...and hitting him in the nuts isn't really a great feature - prob worse on route cuz there's prob now way the sensitivity is tweaked to register hits well.

OK, those opinions aside - what's TF got going for it? Lots of modes, 2 rule sets and cool music/sound FX. If the route game has the sound low, there goes most of your enjoyment. If it's not playing right and you can't get some modes going, well - that's out the window, too. Sounds like the pops weren't working on this particular game...imagine what else was broken!

If a TF Pro is set up nicely and has loud volume - it's probably a fun enough game to put a few bucks in.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Sorry OP, but every time I see your Avatar I think it's Eugene Levy:

Here you go, changed it to my favorite hat photo.

Pimpin' ain't EZ.

6 years later
#142 5 months ago

Wow, how time flies.....last post in here was 2,337 days ago. I still think Transformers is an awful game.

#143 5 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wow, how time flies.....last post in here was 2,337 days ago. I still think Transformers is an awful game.

And you’re still wrong.

#144 5 months ago

A few times I've considered selling my HOU TFLE Combo, then I'll fire it up and play a game and think "NOPE it stays!"
All hail Megatron

#145 5 months ago

I so wish they vaulted this in the pro version rather than Iron Man.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 219.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside