View topic image gallery

EugeneLevy.JPG
1287461465348.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
optimus-troll.jpg
sharknado-attack.jpg
1842092,MqveFMRzikFV7Hc_8n63Uc1ipmVb1v.jpg
dinameyer.jpg
There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm not Siskel or Ebert and don't have time to write an in depth review of a game. Just posted my opinion and why I arrived at that opinion.
Touchy touchy in here. I didn't call anyone's baby ugly. Haha

Not saying your opinions aren't valid but you didn't give any reasons why the game is boring. The figures make it a boring experience? If you removed the figures would it be more fun?

#52 10 years ago

I didn't have that much of a problem with the gameplay, but the artwork almost threw me into a seizure. It has to be the "busiest" piece of art work between the translite and playfield I have ever seen.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm not Siskel or Ebert and don't have time to write an in depth review of a game. Just posted my opinion and why I arrived at that opinion.
Touchy touchy in here. I didn't call anyone's baby ugly. Haha

Of course you are welcome to share your brief thoughts on a game, but IMO it's best done in the Reviews section. Low info reviews may not be worthy of a whole new thread.

#54 10 years ago

Wow, tons of nasty responses to this guy and a load of the posters doing it list TF in their collection. Naw, no agenda/bias there.

I don't feel like I should have to go LEARN a title just to understand what's so great about it. If the pin doesn't grab me after a couple of games, then IMHO the designer has *failed* in creating enough appeal. It's not my job to try and find what's worthy inside his machine, it should be apparent after reading the rule card, looking at the layout and reading the PF.

That being said, I played a lot of TF at TPF when it first came out. I played some more of it at a friend's house that owns one (LE combo)

I won't quite go as far saying it's "awful" but being totally honest about it, it was boring. Upper mini PF appears to be an afterthought. I just didn't feel any desire to keep playing it. *shrug*

I recently worked on a Party Zone for someone. Had to repair the CPU and readjust most PF switches so I ended up playing it many dozens of times to make sure it was playing as intended.

The end result? That title didn't grab me either. No interest in playing it ever again. TF wasn't that bad, but it wasn't too far off from it either.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ww, what a boring pin with random Transformers action figures plastered all over it. Was excited to see a relatively new pin, but what a dog.
Is that the general concensus of Transformers?

Sorry I disagree.

#56 10 years ago

I actually like TF. I like the Pro better than the LE. I love the way the top 2 rollovers are tied to the inlane/outlanes and the fact that one side is your bonus x and the other side is your shot multipliers. And selecting Autobots or Decepticon reverses those rolls. That's why I always play in league as Autobots, because it seems the ball gravitates to the top right lanes more often than the left. And IMHO, shot multipliers are worth a lot more than bonus x.

#57 10 years ago

PoMC, where is there a TF on location in the DC area? News to me.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ww, what a boring pin with random Transformers action figures plastered all over it. Was excited to see a relatively new pin, but what a dog.

First off: You are certainly entitled to any opinion you want and if your reasoning is as simple as "the game stinks because it stinks", then that is fine too. You do not need to explain yourself.

However, your post and question suggests you are new to Pinside or maybe to the pinball discussion groups in general.

So let me respectfully suggest doing a little research on this game and feel free to attach your opinions to any of the myriad of posts and topics spanning the opinion meter on Transformers (or almost any pin out there).

I am confident with a little research you will find people who are strongly in your "it's a dog" camp and can tell you why, as well as people who truly enjoy the game and can tell you why.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I actually like TF. I like the Pro better than the LE. I love the way the top 2 rollovers are tied to the inlane/outlanes and the fact that one side is your bonus x and the other side is your shot multipliers. And selecting Autobots or Decepticon reverses those rolls. That's why I always play in league as Autobots, because it seems the ball gravitates to the top right lanes more often than the left. And IMHO, shot multipliers are worth a lot more than bonus x.

I played that TF at BumperNets when I went to buy my IM. It hasn't quite made my "must buy" list, but if one came along for a good price I'd grab it. The only real flaw in the game IMHO is the "hit Optimus in the nuts" shot. I agree that the playfield art is a little too busy, but it's not a deal breaker. Audio on this game is a blast. There was always someone on the TFLE at PAPA, so I didn't get to play it as much as I'd have liked.

#60 10 years ago

The more I play my LE ,The more I like it.I have had it for a year and have not even moved on to the other side yet still playing as a autobot.To each his own

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

If one has to force themselves to play more of a game than they naturally feel compelled to, just so they can "learn" to like it, that defeats the entire purpose of playing to begin with, which is enjoy yourself and have fun.

You say this alot and I've never agreed with you on this. Whether it's pinball, a novel, or especially music, I find that first impressions are notorious for being inaccurate. And with people, maybe?

How many times have you heard a song or an album...especially by one of your favorite artists, (or an artst you can't stand?) and just cringed at how bad or lackluster it was? Then you find you can't get it out of your head. Then you hear something deeper in the song or the lyric, and you find it ingenious. Something good and worthwhile is often an acqired taste. You gotta give action to get action. That's why the concept of "good taste" exists...perhaps in conflict with the notion of everyone's opinion matters...or doesn't! LOL.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite lyrics from Matthew Sweet: "You come to love what you used to hate. You come to find what you threw away".

really, though, you just need to play more Sterns longer!

#62 10 years ago

Easy, fellas. He didn't say he was going to "review" the game in his original post. I have no opinion because I haven't tried the game. Sure, he should have done his research before he posted, but he took the easy way out and created a new thread.

Seriously, though...you guys wonder why pinball is this dying niche...

#63 10 years ago

If you only played a couple games on it your opion is meaningless.

#64 10 years ago

I don't review a table until I have 50 games on it.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The only real flaw in the game IMHO is the "hit Optimus in the nuts" shot.

LOL!

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I don't review a table until I have 50 games on it.

It is not a review it is a first impression of a location game that took his 4 bucks and handed him his ass.
Sounds to me like the game functioned perfectly and did what it was designed to do.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Will be playing WOZ later today at the Museum of American History and will post my opinion. It will be based on playing 30 minutes (if lucky) because I'm stopping there on my walk back to the office.
Post edited by PoMC : typo

the pops for woz are on the left side - they are under tree figurines. For some reason, i felt you may need to know that before you give us its in depth review.

#68 10 years ago

Double post. Although I should probably have kept the double post.

#69 10 years ago

the pops for woz are on the left side - they are under tree figurines. For some reason, i felt you may need to know that before you give us its in depth review.

LOL!

Keep your eye on the fruit Mrs. Esterhouse, keep your eye on the fruuuiiit.

1842092,MqveFMRzikFV7Hc_8n63Uc1ipmVb1v.jpg1842092,MqveFMRzikFV7Hc_8n63Uc1ipmVb1v.jpg

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

100% agree...also not a fan of TF, waste of a great license IMO..

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

In my opinion Transformers is a Terrific pin!!

Agreed, still lovin mine!

#72 10 years ago

Didn't think my opinion of a pinball machine would generate such responses from some people.

Wasn't a review. Where did i say it was? Was my thoughts about seeing it for the first time, excited about seeing it and then extremely let down after playing it. In my other posts I commented on what I didn't like about the game. Ran out of time during my original post and the ipad is notorious for running about of memory and wiping out a web page. Got to my stop and didn't realize it and pressed send and figured I'd add the other thoughts later.

Chill. Seriously. Some of you bashed West Virginia, the games I own, my comprehension of rules, etc.. All because I didn't like a game and thought it was awful. Wow. Nice community.

And no, I will not play it again 50 times because why would I waste money on a game I do not enjoy?

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Just a quick observation....
If this was a "WOZ....Just played it....awful game" thread, we'd be in the middle of a shitnado followed by the predicable lock from a mod.

Just a quick observation...
You are obsessed with WOZ.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wow! Random figures? Thank goodness the 2 big boys (Optimus Prime and Megatron) just happened to be selected out of the 100+ different Transformers. Boy that was lucky.....since it was random and all.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Didn't think my opinion of a pinball machine would generate such responses from some people.

That was your first mistake

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Oh come on. You start a thread with "Just Awful "in the title and you are shocked that fans of the game are giving you a hard time.

Must be your first time to a forum.

#77 10 years ago

PoMC thinks that Pinside is his personal Twitter account. That's really the only problem I had with his post. Hate on TF all you want, but use the forum as it's intended. Pinside isn't for posting brain farts.

#78 10 years ago

I don't mind someone someone posting games they don't like. I've personally never been a fan of only being able to have a lovefest of machines. I've disliked many many a machine in my day, but don't come around here and start spouting some shiz and not expect to rile up the wolfpack.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

And no, I will not play it again 50 times because why would I waste money on a game I do not enjoy?

I only mentioned rules comprehension because TF is a game that you need to understand the rules to really understand if you like the game or not. If you understand the rules and still do not enjoy it, fair enough, but stating you don't like a game and not understanding the game isn't really giving it a fair shake.

If you don't like or understand deep games, there will be plenty of games you will not enjoy. Granted, a game should be easy enough up front to get new players interested, but if you have been playing more modern pinball for awhile, you will realize that you are only reading the cover and synopsis of the book without actually turning the pages if you are only playing 4.00 worth of pinball. Of course a good book should draw you in with it's summary, but you never know if you are going to really like it until you read it.

You asked if what you are experiencing is the general consensus, but the general consensus on this game is- understand the rules, play the rules, and then form an opinion. Do a quick search on TF on this board and you should get a general consensus pretty quick.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Kind of amusing that some folks think I'm not qualified to have an opinion of a game I played based on the games I own. Wtf does that have to do with anything?

Not my intention to put you on the defensive. I don't bag on people or put them down, so when I questioned what your understanding of the rules were, it was simply to find out how much of the game you understood.

Obivously the game needs to have a draw initially, but I can only share my experience with you- I live in the middle of nowhere, so i dont have the opportunity to drop coin on these on route, so my only option is to buy these games and form an opinion.

There have been a ton of games where I didn't have any kind of initial attraction to. I then took the time to read rule sheets, watch gameplay videos etc.. I gave these games a chance and spent some time on them. Some of these games I didn't like initially became REALLY fun once I started to understand what I was really trying to accomplish (TSPP has this in spades). Other games I liked initially and thought they would be long lasting because I enjoyed them so much up front (mostly playing them at shows). Once they entered my collection, I realized they didn't really have the staying power I thought they would- Funhouse for me)......

Luckily the are a ton of other games out there for you to play. Have fun with WOZ, the game is beautiful and should give you that initial hook, plus the "want" of learning more of it.

#81 10 years ago

You guys crack me up.

Yes, his post was basic on his review. Yes, he didn't get in 50 plays to form a true "hobbyist" opinion. But he did what most consumers do. Drop some money in the machine and play pinball and he said "Yuck". Most occasional players are the same as OP - they don't get into rules they just play it and look for quick enjoyment. It didn't deliver - he is a focus group of one but his voice still counts as does his dollar which he will not be putting in another route TFLE. In a way he was asking "Am I missing something?" You guys need to not attack him or his opinion but explain why it's better than he thinks. Some did, others bashed like HULK.

To me it sounds like he played on a broken machine not dialed in. I'd advise OP to reach out to someone locally who has one in fully working condition and give it a go again. And if it's still "Yuck" well it seems to reflect market price on the LE that has been dropping. Different strokes.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

Easy, fellas. He didn't say he was going to "review" the game in his original post. I have no opinion because I haven't tried the game. Sure, he should have done his research before he posted, but he took the easy way out and created a new thread.
Seriously, though...you guys wonder why pinball is this dying niche...

If disagreements on a discussion forum dissuade someone from being in the pinball hobby they didn't want to be in the hobby in the first place, IMHO

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

If disagreements on a discussion forum dissuade someone from being in the pinball hobby they didn't want to be in the hobby in the first place, IMHO

If I'm hungry and walk into a diner and see a rat run in between my legs leaving doesn't mean I wasn't hungry, it means I don't want to eat rat poop.

#84 10 years ago

Yup.......... Awful good!

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wasn't a review. Where did i say it was? Was my thoughts about seeing it for the first time, excited about seeing it and then extremely let down after playing it. In my other posts I commented on what I didn't like about the game. Ran out of time during my original post and the ipad is notorious for running about of memory and wiping out a web page. Got to my stop and didn't realize it and pressed send and figured I'd add the other thoughts later.
Chill. Seriously. Some of you bashed West Virginia, the games I own, my comprehension of rules, etc.. All because I didn't like a game and thought it was awful. Wow. Nice community.

You shouldn't play it again; if you don't like it in the beginning most likely you won't like it down the road, at least its that way for me. There has to be a draw to make someone play a game.

Pinball is one of the most passionate hobbies I have ever been involved in, right next to video arcade collecting. Try similar comments for video games over @ KLOV and see what comes of it If anything its worse over there.

#86 10 years ago

You have the right to hate a game just by looking at it as well as PoMC has the right to hate it after 4$ spent. There isn't any rule!
Respect the man's op! He hates TF.. get over it.

PoMC i respect your opinion and my response to your comment is:
I really liked Transformers on my first 4$.. so i really don't know how to explain it, guess personal tastes can't be explained

#87 10 years ago

I put about ten games on an LE version and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It really wasn't an informed decision on my enjoyment, the game just happened to click for me whereas the few games on a pro didn't.
I do like the argument about the consumer dictating the effectiveness of a product. In my case, I had an uninformed great time.

Post edited by joestro78 : Grammar

#88 10 years ago

You will get the stern fanboy hammer around here every time

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

You guys crack me up.
Yes, his post was basic on his review. Yes, he didn't get in 50 plays to form a true "hobbyist" opinion. But he did what most consumers do. Drop some money in the machine and play pinball and he said "Yuck". Most occasional players are the same as OP - they don't get into rules they just play it and look for quick enjoyment. It didn't deliver - he is a focus group of one but his voice still counts as does his dollar which he will not be putting in another route TFLE. In a way he was asking "Am I missing something?" You guys need to not attack him or his opinion but explain why it's better than he thinks. Some did, others bashed like HULK.
To me it sounds like he played on a broken machine not dialed in. I'd advise OP to reach out to someone locally who has one in fully working condition and give it a go again. And if it's still "Yuck" well it seems to reflect market price on the LE that has been dropping. Different strokes.

Unfortunately that is how the hobby has become and if someone doesn't like a game you own then you have to stand up for it. Just look at Metallica/WOZ and if you say something negative about them then all it's defenders will jump down your throat. You should be able to not like a game without giving a dissertation on why you don't like it.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Just look at Metallica/WOZ and if you say something negative about them then all it's defenders will jump down your throat.

Think how I feel, I dislike ACDC

#91 10 years ago

I like macaroons and cookies, but I freaking hate pie!

#92 10 years ago

So you started a whole thread played it once and your opinoin matters now? Waste of space on the server play some more games on it then come back and say what you think. I'm not a huge transformers fan but I can get into the machine. If your gonna start a thread to review something then you should go into detail pros, cons and what you didn't like and liked most. If you hated it then who cares tell your wife she cares most.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Boy, someone up there doesn't like my opinion of his game and needs to shit on mine? Hahahaha
Ok...

Reviewed your own pins, my TFLE I am quite certain that you would find a better experience!

#94 10 years ago

I wouldn't post anything I didn't wana get hammered in the ass for on a public forum. You use Facebook right people are touchy touchy these days they'll jump down your throat so just keep it to yourself rate it on the rating board that's what its there for. No whole thread needed to start a bashing fest.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

ou should be able to not like a game without giving a dissertation on why you don't like it.

I agree, but a dissertation is not what anyone is asking of him.

His original post consisted only of saying "it's boring with random figures on the playfield". You can add "awful" to that original post if you'd like, since that's in the thread title. I think it's completely reasonable to expect a little more than that, since it is pretty much meaningless without further explanation.

He has now gone back and edited his post a few times to give more reasons as to why he thinks it's awful and boring.

#96 10 years ago

I'm not a fan of TF either. Only have a handful of games on it. Couldn't tell you why I don't like it, just don't.

Didn't like IM when it was first released either. Looked cheap, kicked my butt. Now I have a heavily customized example and like it more (but it still kicks my butt). With a pin like IM, it's more of a love/hate relationship

Some pins grow on you, some don't. If I ever own a TF, I'll let you know if it grows on me...

#97 10 years ago

Whoever wants the donuts without jelly, they're ready.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Whoever wants the donuts without jelly, they're ready.

To late I took the last chocolate long john with white sprinkles little Spanish lady said oh darn I wanted that you snooze you loose.

#99 10 years ago

did someone mention SHarknado?

sharknado-attack.jpgsharknado-attack.jpg

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

How many times have you heard a song or an album...especially by one of your favorite artists, (or an artst you can't stand?) and just cringed at how bad or lackluster it was? Then you find you can't get it out of your head. Then you hear something deeper in the song or the lyric, and you find it ingenious. Something good and worthwhile is often an acqired taste.

Couldn't agree more!!! To your point, the first few times in heard "ten" by pearl jam, I hated it. Never heard anything like that before and didn't get it. Now, I'm the hugest PJ fan on the planet.

But I was allowed to express how I felt before I changed my taste, and the OP should be allowed to also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-just-played-itawful-game/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.