Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

93EC9C0D-89DE-4122-A013-ADE91B8C2D4B (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
2223C33E-D404-451E-BC47-EB2CB7FA2FF2 (resized).jpeg
5418E4F1-21BC-4B42-A68C-0C1050C1E8D4 (resized).png
FD1B26B3-ED03-48AE-B3D6-DBC7346FB9A5 (resized).jpeg
A854E433-47F9-40CA-80A2-424EA8D9F25A (resized).jpeg

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I know Transformers didn’t get much love, but I personally loved the game! I made the simple modification of removing the gate on the upper playfield and it changed everything for me! I am so excited to see what Stern does with a comic book reskin in 2020! I hope Gomez convinces management to vault it like Spider-Man and go Generation 1, along with changing the dots!! That would be huge!! Come on George, you got this!!

#2 4 years ago

Whatcha mean "Transformers is back?" And does it have ANYTHING to do with Michael (Ugh) Bay?

#3 4 years ago

I love my Transformers. Very underrated pin.

#4 4 years ago

Very interesting, I’ve been wanting an le combo.

#5 4 years ago

Give me a new/tweaked rules set and I would be down. Give it a Deadpool style rules set and it would be very popular I would think.

#6 4 years ago

The game is pretty good ,I’d think a cartoon art version and lcd with new animations would do well .

#7 4 years ago

TF was my ultimate dream theme but a simple art redo will not be enough for me to get another back in my collection. First and foremost it needs to be based on G1 and they would have to get get rid of shitty Optimus voice impersonator. Get Peter Cullen or just use audio clips from the show if you are not going to pay him. Still won't make sense hitting Optimus in the nutts when you select Autobots and maybe they could replace him with a toy both sides would attack like Unicron.

#8 4 years ago

Has this been announced or are you going off of kaneda rumor?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Get Peter Cullen or just use audio clips from the show if you are not going to pay him. Still won't make sense hitting Optimus in the nutts when you select Autobots and maybe they could replace him with a toy both sides would attack like Unicron.

The only way hitting Prime in the nuts will ever make sense is if they hire Cullen & write a script that has him training/sparring with you.

Honestly if they’re going to revisit the TF theme, it might be better to retheme a different game.

#10 4 years ago

It would be nice if people didn't post rumors by questionable (at best) sources as facts.

#11 4 years ago

So much potential!!

2223C33E-D404-451E-BC47-EB2CB7FA2FF2 (resized).jpeg2223C33E-D404-451E-BC47-EB2CB7FA2FF2 (resized).jpeg5418E4F1-21BC-4B42-A68C-0C1050C1E8D4 (resized).png5418E4F1-21BC-4B42-A68C-0C1050C1E8D4 (resized).pngA854E433-47F9-40CA-80A2-424EA8D9F25A (resized).jpegA854E433-47F9-40CA-80A2-424EA8D9F25A (resized).jpegFD1B26B3-ED03-48AE-B3D6-DBC7346FB9A5 (resized).jpegFD1B26B3-ED03-48AE-B3D6-DBC7346FB9A5 (resized).jpeg
#12 4 years ago

I just waxed my playfield this morning and played about a dozen games. Still don’t understand the hate this game gets.

Although I would love to see an alternate art package as G1 with voice clips from the 80’s cartoon movie

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13 4 years ago

If they did transformers again they have to get rid of the awful ironhide rocking mini playfield.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I know Transformers didn’t get much love, but I personally loved the game! I made the simple modification of removing the gate on the upper playfield and it changed everything for me! I am so excited to see what Stern does with a comic book reskin in 2020! I hope Gomez convinces management to vault it like Spider-Man and go Generation 1, along with changing the dots!! That would be huge!! Come on George, you got this!!

I might try removing the gate to see how it feels. Did you remove the housing or a piece of the mech?

To be honest, I have no gripe about the upper playfield. At least with my example of this game the ball doesn’t get hung up, I’m not waiting on the ball to release, and when the ironhide mode is trigger the flippers buttons really whip the platform back and forth and I don’t have any settings funky. The few I’ve played on route seem to be weak, I don’t know.

#15 4 years ago

Holy shit dude!
So I just zip tied the gate up and played a few games. Totally different feel. So now instead of getting up in ironhide and just going through the motions the objective to keep it up there and get it back up there if it comes out while the timer is going totally changes that whole part of the game.

I have to admit there is definitely a faster feel to that side now also.

93EC9C0D-89DE-4122-A013-ADE91B8C2D4B (resized).jpeg93EC9C0D-89DE-4122-A013-ADE91B8C2D4B (resized).jpeg
#16 4 years ago

I love TF as much as anyone, and it's very high on my want list, but I'd have a damn hard time justifying paying NIB price when a HUO can be had for at least $2,500 less.

#17 4 years ago

I regret everything....especially not getting ahold of a Combo LE when they were down in the 4k price range.

*sigh*

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I regret everything....especially not getting ahold of a Combo LE when they were down in the 4k price range.
*sigh*

What price range are they in now?

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from bam10:

What price range are they in now?

Pinside market listings currently. 4200 definitely falls into the range I'm referencing from a year or so after it came out. There was a LOT of 4k Combo LE's out there..now...not so much.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

*sigh*

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Looking to sell my TFLE (Combo) machine. I am the second owner. Original owner is Chris Bucci. He has lots of videos on him reviewing this machine when he had it. I bought the g...”
2020-02-16
Clarksburg, WV
4,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 358 times
Contributed to Pinside

#21 4 years ago

Perhaps I should've added "And when I had 4k to spend" to what I said.

#22 4 years ago

I believe I paid around 5300 nib at the time. Pick the game up at Stern in Melrose park. They were just starting AC/DC At the time.

#23 4 years ago

I have a combo LE with color DMD on the marketplace. PM if interested. Open to trades.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

So much potential!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

shame on you for using the IDW comics as the golden standard...

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

shame on you for using the IDW comics as the golden standard...

With the exception of the Andrew Wildman Marvel art, the IDW art is a lot better. Hate the new IDW reboot. Ugh

#26 4 years ago

The game gets hate because the code / rule set just is IMPOSSIBLE unless you are an expert. There is nothing interesting or compelling about the rules. I desperately wanted to love it but I just couldn't. I have had it in and out 4 times and was considering it for a 5th. It is a pretty game and shoots really well. The rules just don't grab you.

#27 4 years ago

The rules for Starscream are awesome. Iron Hide playfield is fun! I only ever played it without the gate. Gomez orbits (nuff said). And once the roadblock in rules got fixed the game was winnable. I never cared about the Optimus voice (couldn’t even tell, but I only ever heard it in the movies) or hitting him in the nuts. Some people (cough, Rarehero) just couldn’t let it go. Whatever.

Fun game. I enjoyed my TFLE when I had it, and occasionally miss it. Can’t say that about all games.

#28 4 years ago

I can't see a TF VE being viable given their current street prices. Is anyone really going to pay $5700 for a TF Pro VE with different artwork? Is anyone going to pay $8600 for a TFLE VE? The LE's usually are sub-$5K on the 2nd hand market. Then you still have the chopping wood rules that polarizes many.

I just don't see it being the best choice for a vault. No one was asking for this title (unlike Tron, LOTR, TSPP...etc.) and their used market values prove it. If it got the BM66 treatment, maybe it can do well?

#29 4 years ago

It was my first game nine years and ago and still going strong. It’s my go to pin for a fast game. Yes, very hard to complete either side. For the low prices they are going for (tf pro) don’t think I’ll ever let it go.
The game has been solid with only a few lights having to be replaced.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

It was my first game nine years and ago and still going strong. It’s my go to pin for a fast game. Yes, very hard to complete either side. For the low prices they are going for (tf pro) don’t think I’ll ever let it go.
The game has been solid with only a few lights having to be replaced.

It was my first pin also, but I’ve only had it 2 years. Completed the Decepticon side only twice beating All Hail Megatron only once. Have you completed the whole board yet and gotten into the battle of Cybertron?

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

It was my first pin also, but I’ve only had it 2 years. Completed the Decepticon side only twice beating All Hail Megatron only once. Have you completed the whole board yet and gotten into the battle of Cybertron?

Not even close which makes me come back to the pin all the time. Some say it’s one of the hardest wizard modes to get to. Sure has been for me. Maybe, maybe I’ll give it away one day if I ever get to Cybertron.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

never cared about the Optimus voice (couldn’t even tell, but I only ever heard it in the movies) or hitting him in the nuts. Some people (cough, Rarehero) just couldn’t let it go. Whatever.

That would be the equivalent of making 11 the bash toy in StTh instead of the demogorgon.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Has this been announced or are you going off of kaneda rumor?

I think it's just the Kaneda rumor. He seems to be right more than he is wrong. I hope he's correct! The only pin I will buy on day one.

#34 4 years ago

They need to completely remake the game, use updated G1 comic art, use updated G1 esque updated voices (see bumble movie during the flashback cybertron battle scene). New playfield layout, all new game

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Holy shit dude!
So I just zip tied the gate up and played a few games. Totally different feel. So now instead of getting up in ironhide and just going through the motions the objective to keep it up there and get it back up there if it comes out while the timer is going totally changes that whole part of the game.
I have to admit there is definitely a faster feel to that side now also. [quoted image]

Yup, it makes the upper playfield much harder and skillful. It also speeds up the return when you are not focused on the upper playfield.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I have completed Cybertron. Hard work. Great animation though on the DMD when you finish it.
Mine is score 4 on the high scores list.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/transformers/scores

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I have completed Cybertron. Hard work. Great animation though on the DMD when you finish it.
Mine is score 4 on the high scores list.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/transformers/scores

I don’t understand the down vote... but thanks

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I don’t understand the down vote... but thanks[quoted image]

Sorry sir, clumsy phone fingers. Now corrected.

1 week later
#39 4 years ago

This needs the BDK/BM66 treatment, the original isn’t that loved and is one of the cheapest Stern LEs to buy on the used market so new art and a new price (likely twice that you can pick up one HUO) is going to be a hard sell?

I’d love to see it based off the G1 Movie, get rid of Optimus bashing him never bad much sense when you where autobots and the shot just wasn’t much fun, use the LOTR ring magnet in the backboard and have the backboard sculpted as Unicron! Replace that hideous megatron with one that on a mech that can switch out so it can switch between megatron and galvatron, have the constructicons in the left around the bumpers again but have the upper left playfield as Autobot City from the films opening where Optimus and Megatron fight and kill each other, maybe even add a drop ramp or diverter so it can transform a little.

Right side could be the matrix instead of the rocking playfield? I dunno haven’t thought that much into it but there’s a lot that could be done with this re-release/vault especially if it gets the BDK/BM66 treatment. Above all else I’d just like to see a transformers game that has something that transforms or at least gives the impression of transforming/changing etc, player controlled diverters or anything linked to the transform sound fx would be awesome.

And while they are at it make sure we get this track in the game and take my money!!...

#40 4 years ago

Is it just me or is transformers a game that should have been all metal ramps and wire forms with no plastics just based solely on the theme?

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

This needs the BDK/BM66 treatment, the original isn’t that loved and is one of the cheapest Stern LEs to buy on the used market so new art and a new price (likely twice that you can pick up one HUO) is going to be a hard sell?
I’d love to see it based off the G1 Movie, get rid of Optimus bashing him never bad much sense when you where autobots and the shot just wasn’t much fun, use the LOTR ring magnet in the backboard and have the backboard sculpted as Unicron! Replace that hideous megatron with one that on a mech that can switch out so it can switch between megatron and galvatron, have the constructicons in the left around the bumpers again but have the upper left playfield as Autobot City from the films opening where Optimus and Megatron fight and kill each other, maybe even add a drop ramp or diverter so it can transform a little.
Right side could be the matrix instead of the rocking playfield? I dunno haven’t thought that much into it but there’s a lot that could be done with this re-release/vault especially if it gets the BDK/BM66 treatment. Above all else I’d just like to see a transformers game that has something that transforms or at least gives the impression of transforming/changing etc, player controlled diverters or anything linked to the transform sound fx would be awesome.
And while they are at it make sure we get this track in the game and take my money!!...

I'll take this too.

#42 4 years ago

Jesus....
I just watched like 9 of their videos, how are they not more known ???!!!!

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Jesus....
I just watched like 9 of their videos, how are they not more known ???!!!!

They're awesome. From Toronto. They're touring this year. Do a lot of Comicon shows.

#44 4 years ago

They need to base it on the kids cartoon? I would pay $6-8 thousand for that?

We. Are. All. Nerds.

Holy shit

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'll take this too.

ReplayFX needs to book these guys!

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'll take this too.

I'm not sure if I love them or hate them. LOL.

#47 4 years ago

I loved my pro, what a great game.

#48 4 years ago

i'm just above you in 3rd... (but i see i enter 5 balls and not 3 !? must admit i have now i big doubt about this)

bah ! and anyway, TF remain a very good pin with no doubt
i may consider to get one back home...

#49 4 years ago

Every time I think, "hey I'd like a TFLE again" I remind myself that it's the only game I ever set on 5 balls because it's suuuuuuuch a looooooong grind.

#50 4 years ago

I am wondering if there is a lot of truth to this now. Lot of transformers toys were seen at the Stranger Things Launch Party last night.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-is-back-in-2020/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.