5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pinfidel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Got a local guy who is not a pinball collector who is thinking about buying a Transformers Home pin from a business.
    I know, it is a horrible machine for collectors and I know nothing about these home versions.
    The business is asking $3000
    What is a normal price on these things. It is brand new.
    Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

Run away. I got my Pro for $3900 CDN last year. They are basically selling for what they paid for it and it's a big flop!

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Got a local guy who is not a pinball collector who is thinking about buying a Transformers Home pin from a business.
    I know, it is a horrible machine for collectors and I know nothing about these home versions.
    The business is asking $3000
    What is a normal price on these things. It is brand new.
    Thanks.

For just a few hundred more he could have a real Transformers Pro, arguably the best version.

I think this version was ~$2400 new. Once he buys it and plays it, he'd be lucky to get 4 figures out of it when he wants to sell.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I know I would never even consider it. Lol

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks guys. I know I would never even consider it. Lol

Just let him know he can buy it and lose $2K when he wants to sell, or buy a real pin and lose $500 instead.

#6 5 years ago

I had to let him make the decision himself.
    However he made the correct one.
    He is now going to go after a pro version of either, Transformers, X-Men, Avengers or Iron-Man.
    Crisis averted.
    I also gave him the phone number for The Game Exchange of Colorado.

#7 5 years ago

JJ is a great guy to deal with. Top notch.

I will say that TF is an awesome game IMO. A lot of guys don't like it and that's fine. To me, it's fast with great flow. I have the LE and I even like the upper PF. It gives you a quick break to regroup IMO. Great multi ball features, awesome shaker and LED lighting action. Just an all around super fun pin.

All the above mentioned games are fun, but you can get a mint TFLE between $4,800 - $5,500. Great price for a ton of fun.

Good luck to your buddy with what ever he chooses and welcome to the madness!

#8 5 years ago

pinfidel - take that gate assembly off the upper playfield so you have to be aware it's lit and start flipping back and forth immediately to keep the ball up there. Much more challenging IMHO and make it a bit more fun.

#9 5 years ago

He purchased a Transformers Pro for $4000. and is very excited. It arrives next week.
    Now he is looking at an X-Men LE. The bug has bitten again.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

pinfidel - take that gate assembly off the upper playfield so you have to be aware it's lit and start flipping back and forth immediately to keep the ball up there. Much more challenging IMHO and make it a bit more fun.

You know, I thought about that, but doesn't it confuse you when the flippers are still flipping while the upper PF is moving? Also, sometimes I'm going back and forth over the optos and they don't register. So I let it drop to the bottom again and then walk the ball back up. Seems like you complete rolling over the optos and have to start over again.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

He purchased a Transformers Pro for $4000. and is very excited. It arrives next week.
    Now he is looking at an X-Men LE. The bug has bitten again.

Nice! Tell him congrats and as I said earlier, welcome to the madness. It's already infected him!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 29.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 259.99
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 334.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 87.00
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 219.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rods Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside