Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

200px-Megatrons_zombie_army_loose_ends_2.jpg
images.jpeg
images-1.jpeg
images.jpeg
SUaTMMY.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2 12 years ago

I see it says Transformers G1. If it was based on the cartoon it would be epic. Anything else based off those crap ass movies screams MEH to me.

#3 12 years ago

Highly doubt it's based on anything but the movies. It looks like that was referring to Transformers GI meaning general ilumination.

#4 12 years ago

i'm starting to wonder if a pin theme will ever be not based on a movie in the next decade??

#5 12 years ago

Hope they do a great job and don't cheap out on it. I heard the LE is coming out first this time.

#6 12 years ago

This is one I'd look at...LE version, unless they cheapen it....

I'd like to see another TSSP LE run!

#7 12 years ago

iceman . . . what is a TSSP? Sorry about my ignorance!!!
Thanks,
Mike

#8 12 years ago

The Simpson's Simpsons Party

#9 12 years ago

I didn't know The Simpson's Pinball Party came in an LE version. Did Stern really offer an LE?
Hell, I've got a TSPP and I may have an LE and don't know it! Can anyone substantiate the LE exists?

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The Simpson's Simpsons Party

exactly. lets see a pinball machine based upon tv show 'the simpons', which is based upon the pinball machine 'the simpsons', which is based upon 'the simpsons pinball party' which is based upon the 2007 movie 'the simpsons movie'.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I didn't know The Simpson's Pinball Party came in an LE version.

It hasn't- YET..!
Hopefully with enough e-mails though, we could make that a reality sooner than later...
It is about due (time-wise), as well as a 'POTC LE' machine. SM got a refill around the same timeline as well as LOTR got it's LE model.
So it seems like a "No-Brainer" to me why they shouldn't do it in the first place. As long as the toys are still in stock, it should be easy for them to atomic green some trim and shaker it up (along with the 2 coats of clear! )...
Supply and Demand!

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

It hasn't- YET..!
Hopefully with enough e-mails though, we could make that a reality sooner than later...
It is about due (time-wise), as well as a 'POTC LE' machine. SM got a refill around the same timeline as well as LOTR got it's LE model.
So it seems like a "No-Brainer" to me why they shouldn't do it in the first place. As long as the toys are still in stock, it should be easy for them to atomic green some trim and shaker it up (along with the 2 coats of clear! )...
Supply and Demand!

I have been thinking same. From a business perspective an LE Simpsons would be a sell out, especially if tweaked the software to make it different.......although it is so complete, not sure what they could do!

#13 12 years ago

GREAT!!!! Another crappy movie themed pinball with stills painted over from the movie to pass as artwork! I CAN'T WAIT! I hope it has lots of ramps & toys so it can be overated just because its the newest pin on the block. If it was based on the original tv series I would take back my pessimistic views (but you know that ain't gonna happen).

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from Hyperion:

If it was based on the original tv series I would take back my pessimistic views (but you know that ain't gonna happen).

Yeah, I mean pins were made to have actual art on their playfields, cabinets, and backglasses not photoshopped pictures of actors faces! The only pin of Stern's that I have ever felt looked any good at all was TSPP, and that's because it's at least DRAWN. Cartoon transformers would be a slam dunk! But you know it won't be.

I try and try, and defend and defend you Gary Stern, but damnit can't you give me a little back? I know you methodology on licensing and that's fine, but I am sick of photographs on my pins. I demand real art. It's part of the damn mystique and wonder and beauty that is (was?) pinball.

The transformers cartoon series is a strong enough license to pull a strong audience into your latest game. Hell, it was strong enough for Michael sh&*t for brains Bay to make three celluloid abominations wasn't it? Do anyone a favor and make some new Stern fans with an original transformers tv series pin. Your gameplay is already solid. You have a good staff, you're a smart guy. This is what we want. Why won't you just listen, and stop being so damn stubborn?

Here's to holding my breath. --End Rant--

#15 12 years ago

I think Transformers is a great title for a pin but it is in the context of a whole bunch of other "all action movie" and superhero themes. Having said that I'm not a fan of the Stones or BBH so a mystery, comedy or horror would have been a better choice at the moment. It seems that Stern head off on a direction until they exhaust it and then head off in another direction rather than mixing it up a bit for the player.

#16 12 years ago

As far as I'm concerned TSPP is already an LE version. It has way more stuff in it than any of the recent Stern LE games. 5 flippers, 4 ramps, upper playfield, deep deep software, etc. Sure you can put some of that tacky chrome armor or the glow in the dark green armor that Backalley sells, but I don't really see either of these as an improvement on an already great game.

If anything I would like to see the board system on this game migrated to the newer SAM system to enable higher quality audio, more sound and video clips, etc. since the Whitestar board was pushed to the max on this game.

#17 12 years ago

Thanks guys for clearing up this on TSPP LE. I have only been a pin-maniac for a few months and I am learning . . . .

I had read extensively on TSPP and I had never come across an LE version. I just wanted to make sure I had not missed out on something!

If anyone is laughing at me for my naivate then enjoy it!

Ambiguous postings can lead to ignorant responses on MY part!!!

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If anything I would like to see the board system on this game migrated to the newer SAM system to enable higher quality audio, more sound and video clips, etc.

That is what I was hoping for the most when I posted it.
Other than not having the two extra coats of clear and the shaker programmed in- it IS a great pin by itself...
I just think it deserves that LE "touch"...
I could always get the Back Alley stuff later if it wasn't included on an LE.
I just want one NIB!!!
Without the 7k price tag...

#19 12 years ago

Good luck getting a TSPP LE for under $7Gs. I thought the license ran out last year? Not that they couldn't buy it back.

#20 12 years ago

Good luck getting a TSPP LE for under $7Gs.

If the TRON LE is under $6500 why wouldn't a TSPP LE be the same or less???
Especially if they (the vendors) had some pre-order discounts thrown in as well.

Hopefully they will get the license back when they decide to finally make a Futurama Pin!!!
At least that is what I keep telling myself, year after year...

I never heard any bad-blood between Gary and Matt- so it should be easy to dream up knowing Matt's obsession for the silver orb!
After all... On Sterns website poll, it was second in votes behind TRON earlier this year.
I know for ME at least, it is an immediate BUY, BUY, B-U-YYYYY!!!

SUaTMMY.jpgSUaTMMY.jpg

#21 12 years ago

I'd like to see more of these operated than I've seen Stones and Tron so far...

#22 12 years ago

Sorry for the ambiguity Pintucky.....I was posting about playing TSSP on site in another thread and raving about how great I thought it was......

Now like Nimble, I want a NIB TSSP! There is no doubt in my mind that Stern will crank this one out in the near future......a big seller....

So Stern can count me in as one buyer......

Happy 4th!!! Many beers, dogs and burgers tomorrow......

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i'm starting to wonder if a pin theme will ever be not based on a movie in the next decade??

JJP's second pin is supposed to be an original license pin. Can't wait to see what they have in mind.

#24 12 years ago

Shia Labuoefy will look just dreamy on the playfield with a ramp running up his A$$!!

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

exactly. lets see a pinball machine based upon tv show 'the simpons', which is based upon the pinball machine 'The Simpsons', which is based upon 'The Simpsons Pinball Party' which is based upon the 2007 movie 'The Simpsons movie'.

I like the way you think and the cut of your jib, you goat-legged fellow.

#26 12 years ago

PwninShiznat, The second JJP title is supposed to be another Elvira game. It's the same designer (Nordman) and artist (Freres) that did the other Elvira games and they have been in talks with Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) about licensing the game and having her do the voices, etc. More details are given in Spooky pinball podcast 15.5 (interview with Cassandra Peterson). She is actually a huge pinball fan and really wants this to happen! www.spookypinball.com

#27 12 years ago

I could be wrong, but from what I've seen the JJP Elvira stuff is in no way confirmed at this point. It is all rumor based on Cassandra Peterson saying she'd like to do another game on a podcast at Spooky Pinall. I've heard that Jack has said flat out that it isn't going to happen.

The closest thing I can find to him publicly saying "no" is this post by him on RGP:

"It's some wishful thinking on the part of some people..... "

It is in this topic:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/e01d21be3fa3a506/e98956d0b714b053

#28 12 years ago

The second JJP title is supposed to be another Elvira game.

First reaction....

images.jpegimages.jpeg

I've heard that Jack has said flat out that it isn't going to happen.

Second reaction....

images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg

All in the span of two posts...
You guys are really tugging at the ol' heartstrings today, aren't you!!!

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I could be wrong, but from what I've seen the JJP Elvira stuff is in no way confirmed at this point. It is all rumor based on Cassandra Peterson saying she'd like to do another game on a podcast at Spooky Pinall ...

When I spoke to Jack on the phone, he flat out told me that there was no truth to another Elvira pin.

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

You guys are really tugging at the ol' heartstrings today, aren't you!!!

C'mon guys, you can't be posting these wild rumors like this with no fact checking! You all know nimble longs and begs for the next elvira pin. Shame on you.

Now now nimble, lets pretend it never happened and hope that you can console yourself with your TRON LE that should be arriving any day now.

#31 12 years ago

Regarding the photoshopped artwork, many look at "pin art" through rose-colored glasses. Pinball has *always* reflected the prevailing pop art sensibilities and techniques of the time period they were made. Look at pre-war pinball and you see the art deco influence. And later, a lot of Roy Parker's stuff is borderline Sunday funnies material. The whole pointy people era was just "mass produced" pop art of the day. It was hand-drawn because the means to do it otherwise didn't exist.

In the early computer graphics days, that was the new cool thing, and expensive to produce. So a lot of stuff was still hand drawn. Now it is much cheaper to produce art digitally, so that's what people are doing. 99% of animation is produced digitally today. In another 20 years we might all be playing holo-pins and we'll look back nostalgically on what's produced today.

#32 12 years ago

The reason I think a simpsoms LE will be more than a Tron LE is the additional complexity.

As much as I like the thought of a Transformers pin I am really excited for a Metallica. I have already put the word out to the Frau that I want one if it comes out next year.

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

In another 20 years we might all be playing holo-pins and we'll look back nostalgically on what's produced today.

I hope not!
Can't wait for more info on Transformers and the next SR pin what ever it may be.Fun times for pinball!!

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

As much as I like the thought of a Transformers pin I am really excited for a Metallica ...

When did it become Metallica? I thought it was going to be AC/DC.

#35 12 years ago

ooooo gotta hope for a 'tallica pin. just hope you don't have to hit a moving james hetfield like in RS.(i could never bean papa het) there is totally a market for one of those though, metallica still fills arenas worldwide, steve ritchie anyone?

#36 12 years ago

If you hit LARS it would be OK!

#38 12 years ago

There could be a mode where you have to stop people from downloading your songs for free. It would end when you've hit enough shots to spell out Napster on the playfield.

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

PwninShiznat, The second JJP title is supposed to be another Elvira game. It's the same designer (Nordman) and artist (Freres) that did the other Elvira games and they have been in talks with Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) about licensing the game and having her do the voices, etc. More details are given in Spooky pinball podcast 15.5 (interview with Cassandra Peterson). She is actually a huge pinball fan and really wants this to happen! http://www.spookypinball.com

Quoted from stangbat:

I could be wrong, but from what I've seen the JJP Elvira stuff is in no way confirmed at this point. It is all rumor based on Cassandra Peterson saying she'd like to do another game on a podcast at Spooky Pinall. I've heard that Jack has said flat out that it isn't going to happen.

I had heard that that was the rumor. I also heard that Jack was not really into the idea. And I have to agree. Although I haven't played the other two (and I'm sure they are awesome, I know they look awesome), I don't think we need a third machine. I'm really hoping to see something brand new come from this great team at JJP. No need to dip back into the Elvira well IMO.

#40 12 years ago

While many pinheads may find the idea of a third Elvira pin appealing, the fact of the matter is that she is no longer relevant. JJP wants their pins to appeal to a wide range of potential players. Sure, their are still a handful of people that would pop money into a machine just because Elvira's cleavage was on the backglass (guilty as charged), but the fact remains that most people born after 1990 have no clue who she is.

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

While many pinheads may find the idea of a third Elvira pin appealing, the fact of the matter is that she is no longer relevant. JJP wants their pins to appeal to a wide range of potential players.

Exactly

#42 12 years ago

I agree. Elvira who? Haven't seen anything new with her face on it for as long as I can remember. Making a pin with her as the theme would be like making one for the Rolling Stones.

#43 12 years ago

Agreed. She's got two pins already for pete's sake. There have got to be some other worthy themes out there to draw from.

#44 12 years ago

I think another Elvira would be cool but, I agree that she is not as relevant as she once was. Though she is back. She is on T.V again. I have caught here hosting crazy horror movies again.
http://modlife.com/elvira

#45 12 years ago

Lady Ga Ga damit
Quick before her flame fades

#46 12 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Making a pin with her as the theme would be like making one for the Rolling Stones.

Nicely said SC.

Quoted from Hyperion:

Shia Labuoefy will look just dreamy on the playfield with a ramp running up his A$$!!

LOL....Please let us know how you really feel don't hold anything back.

#47 12 years ago

No need to dip back into the Elvira well IMO.

the fact of the matter is that she is no longer relevant.

I agree. Elvira who?

Nicely said SC.

Here you go guys!
I have plenty for EVERYONE!!!

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#48 12 years ago

Haaa, well played NP. On a side note, I can't wait for California Extreme I really need the break work has been pretty crazy lately.

#49 12 years ago

I will see you there TDA!
I am in the same crappy boat... (Work wise. )
It will be nice to enjoy some pinball for more than a hour at a time!
I am afraid my skills have dulled a bit since I took on this stupid siding project.
Drinks-Drinks-Drinks!
Pinball-Pinball-Pinball!
CAX will tide me over until PPE11!

#50 12 years ago

I agree with you BallsofSteel. One would think it would be more profitable to do a pinball theme with a broader appeal that just a movie that no one will remember in a few years. Lord of the Rings and Pirates worked because of their broad appeal, as would Harry Potter but I'm sure the rights to something like that must be astronomically high.

But if Transformers is going to be the next pinball machine the real question shouldn't be about Shia LaBeoufy (as Hyperion so accurately and amusingly put it) but how prominently will Megan Fox be displayed on the "artwork"?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-confirmed-as-next-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.