(Topic ID: 34265)

Transformers Code Update by Christmas ... Gary didn't say which Christmas.

By Beez

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Beez
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TF_Fun.jpg
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

Guess we need to be more specific when asking about Code Updates ... just sayin'

#2 11 years ago

He also didn't say "by Christmas". He said "during the Christmas season", which is still ongoing until new years.

#3 11 years ago

Even better ... " so you're Sayin there's a chance " ...

#4 11 years ago

There is always a chance.

Of course it did take the heat off the guys at shows when people posted here they were going to be bugging them at Pacific Pinball Expo and Pinball Expo about the updates.

LTG : )

#5 11 years ago

I would have been a lot more bummed if I didn't have Avengers to play. I'm loving TFLE but I have high hopes for the update. If I were Gomez I'd want to take TF to the moon. Beyond the obvious requests. Make the rules more elegant and special. Something for the naysayers to choke down!

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I would have been a lot more bummed if I didn't have Avengers to play. I'm loving TFLE but I have high hopes for the update. If I were Gomez I'd want to take TF to the moon. Beyond the obvious requests. Make the rules more elegant and special. Something for the naysayers to choke down!

I actually like the transformers rules as they stand. My only wish is for the mb completion road block to be resolved.

#7 11 years ago

I agree. Fine as is...allow playing all modes to postpone roadblock or add progression. I guess i mean adding features. I have heard a few really good suggestions about stacking autobot versus decepticon modes, adding some combo rewards, adding jackpot callouts, make starscream EB challenge a multiball and give a prize or something for completing super spinner/pops....that and an attract mode flipper button callout and whatever else would give the game a little polish.

I'd also like high score initials that have a cool font, like in lotr and som other games. Gives the game character.

#8 11 years ago

Btw,is the all spark shot really a design flaw in your opinion? I wonder if GG made it so it wasn't such a gimme.

#9 11 years ago

Btw,is the all spark shot really a design flaw in your opinion? I wonder if GG made it so it wasn't such a gimme.

I think so. It's kind of like the doc orc shot in SM. If you pitch the game to 6.5 degree's then it holds most of the time. Up that up to 7 degrees plus and it seems to be 50/50. I put some dead foam in mine at 7 degree's and it holds 90% plus of the time. It's an easy fix

#10 11 years ago

I agree. Fine as is...allow playing all modes to postpone roadblock or add progression. I guess i mean adding features. I have heard a few really good suggestions about stacking autobot versus decepticon modes, adding some combo rewards, adding jackpot callouts, make starscream EB challenge a multiball and give a prize or something for completing super spinner/pops....that and an attract mode flipper button callout and whatever else would give the game a little polish.
I'd also like high score initials that have a cool font, like in lotr and som other games. Gives the game character.

+1

#11 11 years ago

Furthermore, consider what great Power Pack the XM folks (me included) got. From now on my "hype" about code updates will be after release if it is good. I will not get excited and be waiting for anything "cool" ever again. Oh yes, I am disappointed as it was just a bit of bug fixing, some things got worse and there is nothing that deserved the name "Power Pack"

#12 11 years ago

I have a feeling no TF update. My spidery senses are tingling.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I have a feeling no TF update. My spidery senses are tingling.

I sure hope your kids, Walker and Texas Ranger, can continue to enjoy the game without the new code.

#14 11 years ago

Word was it was compiling so its being finalized. It's really just a matter of when.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from tsool:

Furthermore, consider what great Power Pack the XM folks (me included) got. From now on my "hype" about code updates will be after release if it is good. I will not get excited and be waiting for anything "cool" ever again. Oh yes, I am disappointed as it was just a bit of bug fixing, some things got worse and there is nothing that deserved the name "Power Pack"

Imagine all this excitement and I am betting there will be no significant changes in the code on this game. I was sure hoping for some major changes the last time Stern put out a "power pack" for TFLE and unfortunately was really let down.

Nothing major changed in the last code update for TFLE so I wouldn't expect anything miraculous with this one.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I sure hope your kids, Walker and Texas Ranger, can continue to enjoy the game without the new code.

Dear Baby Jesus, Thank You for another great Year. Hope next year will be a good one as well. Please help the people at Stern Pinball release the TFLE code so that we can all enjoy pinball goodness. Also, thank you for blessing me with a hot wife.
Amen.

#17 11 years ago

8lb 6oz baby jesus

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

8lb 6oz baby jesus

lol Hey I'm Ricky Bobby, I can say whatever I want.

Shake & Bake Baby.

#19 11 years ago

They're 0 for 2 on powerpack updates.
TF pack ver.1: let down
Xmen pack ver 1: no power, buggy to all hell.
TF pack ver.2: ????!

My prediction is they'll take the hat trick and go 0 for 3 on POWERpack updates. However, I am happy and glad they at least recognized TF needed an update. So there is some positive, as well as hope.

#20 11 years ago

Just a big rumor to try to help distributors sell more games they are sitting on. The only update will be MB progression if that even happens. Not holding my breathe at his point.

I don't see the usual, " update will be released today" so won't probably happen for months.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Just a big rumor to try to help distributors sell more games they are sitting on.

Or to take the heat off of George's seminars at PPE and Expo.

People posted they were going to be vocal about the games they bought at his seminars.

One rumor of update and all is forgotten. At least until it happens ?

#22 11 years ago

Good point Lloyd. Also no mention of Avengers during his talk. Wonder why?

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Dear Baby Jesus, Thank You for another great Year. Hope next year will be a good one as well. Please help the people at Stern Pinball release the TFLE code so that we can all enjoy pinball goodness. Also, thank you for blessing me with a hot wife.
Amen.

) I don't think baby Jesus knows shit about Code. Just saying.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

) I don't think baby Jesus knows shit about Code. Just saying.

He does know when it will be released though.

1 week later
#25 11 years ago

Any updates on this? I mean, is this really happening or not?

#26 11 years ago

compiling lol that vic128 they use is slow and they have to change tapes often.

#27 11 years ago

It's coming.

#28 11 years ago

And is XM going to get a proper powerpack?????!

#29 11 years ago

it was power packed....in the owners you know what........

#30 11 years ago

I can assure you now its coming and it will be awesome. How do I know, because I am about to sell mine. Doh!!

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

it was power packed....in the owners you know what........

LOL! You always have a way with words my friend!

#32 11 years ago

It is coming, that is a fact. No one wants to pen a date specific. My info is solid and in the business but I will not say who. Stern and Co. just want it to be the best it can be as a nice big update to please the fans. It is unfortunate the delay over Christmas but it is what it is. I would say very soon.

As well, new Tron code VERY soon, it has been under test for awhile now.

#33 11 years ago

And are they going to sort out the mess XM has become? Really hope they do or no more Sterns for me - eva!

XM could be so good......why no versus modes like Avengers??

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And are they going to sort out the mess XM has become? Really hope they do or no more Sterns for me - eva!

Yes.

XM could be so good......why no versus modes like Avengers??

Aren't villain fights technically "vs" modes? It's you (X-Men) vs. the villains?

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

It is coming, that is a fact. No one wants to pen a date specific. My info is solid and in the business but I will not say who. Stern and Co. just want it to be the best it can be as a nice big update to please the fans. It is unfortunate the delay over Christmas but it is what it is. I would say very soon.

Great, but why can't Stern ever release any news updates about stuff like this? Why do we always have to hear about it second hand?

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from GoBlue:

Great, but why can't Stern ever release any news updates about stuff like this? Why do we always have to hear about it second hand?

In case something happens, then second hand takes the blame and not Stern.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

My info is solid

This time??

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

LOL! You always have a way with words my friend!

linguistic master i tell you. Its still being worked on. A certain member of pinside was asked recently for thoughts on changes... that is all.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from GoBlue:

They're to concerned about where everyone is playing pinball this weekend. Yet unless I go to someones basement, there are none around.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In case something happens, then second hand takes the blame and not Stern.

That makes sense.

As XM owner think best to wait for another code update........

#41 11 years ago

The code bloody well be good!
Not hard for Stern to let people know whats happening in today's market.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Gee I wonder who is testing the Tron code to make sure it isn't complete garbage? Someone who actually gives a shit and takes pride in their work?

#43 11 years ago

I'm frustrated that the code is late, but I'd rather them take their time and get it right.

#44 11 years ago

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE they are all working on Metallica now.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

And thank god for that.. it means I can take a break from buying NIB's till SRP's Star Trek comes out.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

..........so they can release another game without features promised and another year and a half to release code.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Can they finish XM first - please

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

..so they can release another game without features promised and another year and a half to release code.

#49 11 years ago

Can they finish XM first - please

Probably not : (

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

..........so they can release another game without features promised and another year and a half to release code.

Sounds like WoZ code to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-code-update-by-christmas-gary-didnt-say-which-christmas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.