Topic Stats

• 923 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 days ago by YZRider926
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 201 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2E5F2118-04F0-41E2-AACE-1468D79241D7 (resized).jpeg
37E50F3B-13E6-4893-ABFC-586BD9055230 (resized).jpeg
3404D713-1B8D-4414-B2F5-B5119E21D187 (resized).jpeg
20200204_215248 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
2F91BF91-44D7-4043-9665-BF088A357332 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5996 (resized).jpg
IMG_5994 (resized).jpg
IMG_5989 (resized).jpg
IMG_5988 (resized).jpg
IMG_5982 (resized).jpg
IMG_5981 (resized).jpg
IMG_5980 (resized).jpg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpg
IMG_5967 (resized).jpg
20190902_172858 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoptap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#445 3 years ago

I'm expecting delivery of a TF Pro this Sunday. It seems the Pro is rarer than the LE's judging by this thread.

They are pretty damn rare over here. Can't wait.

1 week later
#464 3 years ago

Just received this in the post. Mine was pretty beat up.

image_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#467 3 years ago

Is it only possible to get one extra ball on factory settings ?
The only one I get is from lighting the right loop after starting 5 robots.

#469 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

On the pro version, yes, that's it AFAIK.

Shame. Some great sounds and shots on this game but it really does need a code polish. Don't think we'll see one though. Shame Lyman didn't program it as he seems to have a lot of pride in his work.

#477 3 years ago

Anybody added an extra Transformer to the Pro in the area above the pop bumpers ?
If so what size do you use ?

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I added Starscream there. I used the original figure from the LE. He fits perfect back there over the pops.

Where did you get it from ?

2 weeks later
#503 3 years ago

I finally managed to get a Transformer figure to go in the empty space above the pops.

image (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#506 3 years ago

For all you Pro owners I thoroughly recommend LEDs in this game. I'm not a lover of LEDs but thought this game looked dark and washed out with incandescents.
It really does look great with LEDs in.

#509 3 years ago

Here is a photo of the LEDs in my Pro. Look at the purple insert lights in the Decepticon inserts. Look miles better than the wishy, washy original bulbs.

image (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#526 3 years ago

Plenty of die cast Bumblebee cars available from eBay.

4 months later
#553 3 years ago
Quoted from Rustyck:

DOes anyone know if you can get a spare Optimus Prime bash toy?
I would love to see somebody mod Optimus so that his eyes light up with some small LEDs, specifically when the ramp is activated, but I'm terrified of monkeying around with anything on the PF as is.
Anybody else got any mod ideas for this game? Saw a couple ppl adding hasbromaction figures. It just seems to scream for more!

I added a Starscream figure over the pop bumpers on my Pro.

1 week later
#560 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Got a question - I have LE. When I play the relay on the PCB in the head of the machine seems to fire off (click) when all the LEDS flicker during game play? Several times during a game. It seems like this is normal, but just checking.
thx.

Perfectly normal.

4 months later
#636 2 years ago
Quoted from shane63026:

Now if I could only read it! Lol. Do you have a better picture by chance? Thank you very much!

Have you clicked on the image ? It will open in higher resolution.

8 months later
#700 2 years ago
Quoted from Gunske:

How does the controlled orb gate mod on the pro works? Not wanna remove it.

If you shoot the left orbit the gate will open to allow the ball to loop around. Otherwise it remains closed.

#703 2 years ago
Quoted from Gunske:

No I mean is it possible to open the gate while in a mode to avoid the bumpers?

Ahh right. Other than removing the gate then no. It is what it is and it is the same for everybody. It’s a really good game that could have been a great game if the code had been polished. The shots on it are well laid out. I love mine.

#705 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Speaking of code polish what is it missing? Best I can come up with is it’s missing a Destoy the Ring type of cohesion that lord of the rings has. Given Gomez is the lead on both it’s a fair comparison and LOTR has mode completion difficulties around the same level as TF, both have 3 multi balls, but the difference is qualifying the multiballs in LOTR is much better and then destroying the ring is obtainable often. TF needs to have the same thing to tie it all together. That being said I suck at pinball and never made it to TFs mini wizard owning for years, but I’m a threat to destroy the ring on any given game.

Just tweaks mainly. There is practically no status updates if you hold the flipper down. The Super Skill suit should award an instant playfield multiplier. There are a few more small things that could make it a great game.

1 year later
#905 3 months ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I keep flirting with the idea of selling my LE. I’m so torn because I want a new DMD game but every time I turn on Transformers I can’t imagine letting it go.
Plus I still haven’t gotten to Cybertron. Has anyone ever?

I’ve completed Cybertron.

You need to play it slightly differently I think if you want to get to Cybertron. Take no risks. Only hit the hard shots when you have to. Left ramp, right loop only to start modes. Only collect the All Spark when in a mode so that you get Add More Time. Don’t forget you aren’t chasing points, just progress.

1 month later
#910 55 days ago

It’s interesting hearing those combo scores. I checked and they are on Premium/LE’s. The right ramp shot on the Pro is killer.

#913 55 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I brick my right ramp shot on my pro A LOT

I played quite a few games on mine yesterday and that shot is one of the hardest shots in pinball.

#914 54 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I just can't imagine it being a re-skin. It's not like Spider-Man, where it has this fantastic layout.
If you ask me, if Stern just did a re-skin of Dark Knight into Batman 66, the sales would've flopped. I absolutely hate the way Dark Knight shoots.
I hope Gomez is reading this. If they can do a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (rumor) based on the 1989 cartoon, they can easily to a brand new Transformers '84. The one thing they should keep, is the 2 different rule sets. I really like how you can play on either side. If I were doing the game, I'd take from the 1st episode right up to the movie. Post movie, the series was just not as good.
I really hope we see this game. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I would put both machines right next to each other.
As a side note, I wouldn't mind a He-Man '83. The voice actor of He-Man in still alive. I don't know if he's too old now to do the voice or if they can get someone who can come close. That would be another must buy.

I don’t think the layout is a problem. I enjoy the shots on the game and like the random nature of the Optimus Prime ramp shot.
I think it needs a code revisit though. There are just so many basic things missing. The spinner is practically pointless.

#917 54 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I love the layout and the way it shoots.
If they use the same layout, it destroys the value of the current games. With a new layout, it justifies having both in a lineup.

Can’t see them changing the layout after the first game sold so poorly.

#920 53 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It only sold poorly because people (stupidly IMHO) expected an actual transforming toy on the game. I realize Gomez said something along the game having something like that but serious, how would they make something fully transform. Only people whom don't have any Transformers or never have played with them in their life wouldn't realize that wasn't going to be possible. Takes way to many moves with twist and turns to accomplish. Thus the lifting megatron was born.
The other major complaint was the voice actor for Optimus. Yeah, it's not right but, let's be honest, unless you are a diehard fan you aren't noticing it. If you are a hard core fan, then it's a valid complaint but I've gotta believe that a VERY small % of owners these days now that they are slowly finding there way into the hands of players.
Then there were all the, "starting a mode is wood chopping because you have to hit X number of shots to start a mode". Then when you start a mode they are all the same. I never understood that complaint. First of all, the modes are not all the same. People may not like them but to say they are all the same felt ignorant to me. Pinball is a game of shoot the flashing light and with TF that light moves around based off modes. The only real, valid, complaint was the Optimus roadblock which they got rid of. But to further expand. People bitched about this game on how you start a mode. Hmmmm... How do you start a mode in Iron Maiden or Jurassic Park (just taking examples from 2 of the most celebrated games right now). Yup, that's right, you have to shoot a couple of shots on the PF to light them. Again, I know people have a right to their own opinion but the hate for this game was super high from original buyers that expected something they didn't get.

I agree, there isn't much to a spinner. But that's not really unlike 90%+ of games out there. Metallica for instance only serves to make a drum sound and count for switch hits in one mode for the whole game (Fade to black) but people with the Pro fall over themselves to add spinners to the game. Spinners in most games are just there to score points and make sounds. I find very few games actually use them for anything meaningful anymore. Maiden does a good job using them for modes and switching your modes, Deadpool uses them for several things too, but most just seem to be for points.

Agree 100%. The way this game was hated in when it was first released was ridiculous. People moaning about chopping wood ? How many times on Metallica do you have to hit that damn metal block ?

I love the game but think it could really benefit from a code update.
Make the Super Skill Shot immediately light the playfield multipliers.
Expand the Super Spinner mode so that a set number of spins gives a reward. 50 spins for 5 million points. 100 spins for extra ball etc. You would also need to make Super Spinner achievable, say by getting x4 bonus multiplier.
Add a Status Update. It would be great to be able to check your progress.

Despite its limitations it is still one of the games I find myself playing the most. The sound effects are killer.

#921 53 days ago

Had some spare LED strip laying around so knocked up some speaker lights. Not bad for (practically) free.

2E5F2118-04F0-41E2-AACE-1468D79241D7 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoptap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside