IMG_0203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230921_124735_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230921_124537 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 TOON PST 1 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 MOVIE PST 1 (resized).jpg
20230305_212253 (resized).jpg
20230305_210325 (resized).jpg
333661056_195116936536825_1559884088788685422_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#890 4 years ago

Anyone have a Pro they are looking to trade?

11 months later
#939 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Looking to purchase a Transformers Pro. PM me if you have one for sale. Thanks!

It’s an amazing game. You will not be diaaapointed!

3 months later
#964 3 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Fair enough. I still think the $700~$1k delta is worth it.
One added LE feature that goes unnoticed and I think underappreciated is the controlled gate above the pops. On some modes when it's open, you get some screamin' fast orbit shots. Pro always stops and drops into the pops in one direction (right orbit shot I think?).
Later,
EV

I think the PRO plays better. That gate is the only "potential" negative I could come up with on a PRO... It's part of the REASON why the two are so close in price. Most tournament players seem to prefer the PRO. The pops are actually quite valuable on TF, especially during 2X playfield. If you never hit them, you'd never know! Also, less lanes means less PF and bonus multipliers. No thank you!

If you insist on full orbit shots, you can also force an orbit shot by disabling the up-post+ remove the gate altogether but then, almost no pops or lane action (which is critical to gaining bonus and PF multipliers).

I will agree, it took me a LONG time to find a PRO that was not 1K miles away (5 years!). It's quite a challenge to track down a nice PRO that was not routed to death. Not many PROs were sold to the home pinball market back then.

#965 3 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

i just wnated to say i grabbed one for my daughter (adult daughter) who watches the movies over and over again - well i have had it for a good 6 months and just started playing it - i don't understand the rules yet - but i think the game plays great - not sure why everybody thinks it's awful. then again i love hulk also. thanks ed

There is a Bowen tutorial that you can learn a LOT by watching:

1 month later
#986 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

ebay.com link: itm
I think this may be the car in the game. If not, looks close enough.

That is the correct car. I bought two new in the packaging if you need to know exactly what that looks like. You can find new ones for about $12-$15 on ebay if you are patient.

This is a well bashed toy and takes a huge amount of abuse. I was able to epoxy my original back together but, I bought two extra new ones the first time I shopped my game out. I figured that should get me through the years that I own it.

These cars are made out of pot Metal and they eventually develop hairline cracks and then just blow apart once the captive ball hits them a few thousand times.

#993 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Hey Gang,
Was wondering if anyone has moded Transformers LE code to get rid of the fake Optimus Prime call outs in the code? I had a TF LE combo 5 years ago. Getting another one back in 2 weeks. If not I was going to make one up with Pinbrowser.
Thanks,
Ted

That’s very specific. I doubt someone did exactly what you want….
I modified my pro to remove the dumb All Spark speech. It is horrible. It doesn’t take much time if you know what call outs you are looking for… I just replaced the call outs I can’t stand with silence.

1 week later
#1003 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

What's the staying power of this game? My cousin and I are looking to trade out an AIQ for something different, and we both appreciate good deep rules. Not really looking for an easy game like T3, so figured I'd see what y'all thought.

It’s fairly difficult to consistently have a good game on Transformers. If you like a difficult game where you complete shots to start modes, while trying to add multipliers that reset at the end of each ball, you will probably like it a lot. The wizard modes are very difficult to start and the rules in those modes and the path to get there is similar to Tron.

Watch Bowen’s tutorial if you are on the fence. I actually think Infinity Quest is a great game… But, comparing it to a Stern that’s 10 years old and a bit less expensive, does not make sense to me.

Specifically, Transformers of the PRO variety is a guilty pleasure for me. I have mine set up to be very fast and a drain monster. If you don’t know the rules well, you will not break 10 million on it. I don’t plan on selling it anytime soon because it’s the only place that I can play one anywhere near here. Stern made very few Pro machines and it took me four years to locate the right one for me that wasn’t on the other side of the earth.

#1005 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’m finally in the damn club! There was only one game I’d drop what I’m doing and drive a couple hours to grab, and this one was it. I’ve wanted a Pro almost since it came out, but it just never worked out. Timing or situation always got in the way. But this time it just came together for me. I’ve always been happy when I found it on location, or in tournaments like Pinburgh. And now it’s mine.
She needs a good shop job. It plays, but it’s a bit dirty and tired. And that doesn’t work for me. I’ll probably play it as is for a couple weeks, and then rip it apart. I’m so excited to finally own this game.
[quoted image]

One reason I really wanted a pro… (the one at Pinburgh every year.)

2 months later
#1038 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The modes save progress.

Yes, and when you lite them all solid, that means that you have completed that "sides modes" and for Autobots, you qualify "Roll Out" mini wizard mode... for Decepticons, you qualify the "All Hail Megatron" mini wizard mode.

For ALL LIT SOLID, you qualify "Battle for Cybertron" main wizard mode.

Most people that own this game don't even know that you can can play all the modes for both Decepticons and Autobots, no matter what side you pick at the start of the game.

#1046 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I got tired of hitting Optimus in the nuts to start multi-ball for the 4th time.

Why was your strategy to go for that multiball again and again? Not worth it once you light Optimus solid with a super, after the first go around.
Did you set it on 5 ball to try and complete the game, because you liked it so much, or some other reason?

3 weeks later
#1055 2 years ago

Yes, make a “5 amp fuse breaker” until the problem is resolved to save fuses. Perhaps check other items around/ in same circuit around q32? Bad socket, wires touching at the socket?

“Wired wrong at the socket” concerns me.

Disconnect the socket, see if fuse still blows?

Are you certain the fuse blew because q32 was shorted? I mean, did you test the bad trans. once removed from circuit?

1 month later
#1072 2 years ago
Quoted from ICEGUY:

Anyone have a cool alternate translite for the pro?

The Pro translite is actually the only one that I can stand.

1 year later
#1157 1 year ago

I will say that out of any Stern I’ve ever had, the lock trough and standard troughs under the playfield BOTH have the potential to cause some issues with the game losing balls or, even ending the ball early. I have to completely remove both troughs, clean them throughly and confirm everything is still adjusted properly every few hundred plays. They seem to gather dust and dirt faster than most games.

9 months later
#1194 3 months ago

Heh, I can't stand any of those models. TF Pro is the only way for me. There are things I hate about non-pro TF. Drop target nonsense, upper right PF nonsense, and plastic toy distractions. I also like the Pro translite WAY better.

Even the pro has that annoying "instructional dialog every game" but, I took care of that by just "deleting it" with silence using the pinball browser.

#1196 3 months ago

A toy/challenge where you can achieve the presented task every single time is not fun to me.

2 weeks later
#1199 3 months ago

Eh, like one less shot to start the first 3 modes? IDK… I sort of agree that it's a bit hard to start modes.

2 weeks later
#1203 86 days ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

Not sure why they got pulled, as it’s a very unique design feature and compliments the game.

Probably got pulled because they look like ass.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Armor and blades
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.