Topic Stats

• 923 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 days ago by YZRider926
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 201 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2E5F2118-04F0-41E2-AACE-1468D79241D7 (resized).jpeg
37E50F3B-13E6-4893-ABFC-586BD9055230 (resized).jpeg
3404D713-1B8D-4414-B2F5-B5119E21D187 (resized).jpeg
20200204_215248 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
2F91BF91-44D7-4043-9665-BF088A357332 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5996 (resized).jpg
IMG_5994 (resized).jpg
IMG_5989 (resized).jpg
IMG_5988 (resized).jpg
IMG_5982 (resized).jpg
IMG_5981 (resized).jpg
IMG_5980 (resized).jpg
IMG_5968 (resized).jpg
IMG_5967 (resized).jpg
20190902_172858 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hippy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Probably one my most frustrating attempts at a repair. The placement of the hex screws and the fact that loctite is used everywhere made this worse. Pulled it all apart and I’m pretty convinced at this point it is the switches. Ordering a few new ones and will see how it goes.

I bouht an LE with few plays,mainly stored. The ramp going to Optimus Prime needs the motor replaced. It is loctited on the set screw where it can't be removed. Motor is easily gotten. There is a piece called hub weldment to replace .Marco said it is coming,been 5 weeks.The bad part is the manual says to use loctite.If you have to change the motor, check it out.Broke my wrenches trying.

#719 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

What I did is held my soldering iron up to the screw for about 30 seconds and the loctite gave way instantly. I figured that out AFTER I broke a wrench.

I forgot about using good old heat, lost my patience with it & got to replace the “hub weldment “. Thanks for the advice. Did you get yours fixed?

3 weeks later
#732 1 year ago
Quoted from JMitchell147:

Hi all, hoping someone can help me out. I know nothing about pinball maintenance, but went and bought myself a LE combo anyways. Love the game, kids love it. I think we've put on 300 games in the last 4 months. BUT. Recently I started having issues where when the ball goes into the pops it is triggering Starscream hurry up. I am guessing the vibration from the pops is making something go off. Any ideas what I should look at/tighten/clean? And if I should be cleaning something, please give me a bit more direction (i.e. is it a lens so I use lens cleaning material or something else). As I said, I don't know beans about maintenance but should be able to figure it out with a bit of help. Thx in advance.
BTW - Do you other owners / players find one side much easier to score on that the other? For whatever reason I've put up decent scores on Autobots (134 M being my highest) but nothing even close on Decepticons (I don't think I've cracked 45M).

You got a great game, I got a red autobot le. Sounds like a wire is loose, should be easy, just gotta find it. The easiest way is to put it in diagnostic test mode, switch test, test any switch to hear you have them on speaker. Start wiggling & pulling on connections under Starscream, when you find it, game will tell you.

2 months later
#736 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Tossed the speaker light kit in this afternoon, love it! It calls to put the acrylic symbol in front of the speaker grills but I like them better in behind where you see the silhouette of the auto it and deception logos. Totally happy
[quoted image]

I did the same,love it. I also did a color dmd, looks great. Go to colordmd site and look at the clip. Expensive,yes,but, very nice. TF is a great, fast,multi-ball king game.

#738 1 year ago

Anyone looking for a lit Optimus Prime topper for their game needs to check the marketplace now. Limited run by order,only. Hard to find, check it out.

#740 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Did Optimus ever have firing cannons on his shoulders? Looks OK but I think having his eyes be the items that were interactive would have been pretty cool.

The Optimus on my LE has firing red cannons on each shoulder. Nothing going on with the eyes.
I have this companys IM topper, 2 colors changing, looks very nice.
Lastly, who sells TF toppers? Nobody. Unless you can talk someone with a Matt Mckee to pull theirs off and sell it to you. This is the only option,good quality.I got mine coming.

2 weeks later
#747 1 year ago

My TFLE came with orange dmd. Changed to color, amazing.

#751 1 year ago

Anyone know where to find cliffy's for the TF? I cant seem to

I just installed a full set on mine. Go to Cliffys site, Passion for Pinball. He stays behind. 2 hole protectors,outhole protector,eject protector, & shooter lane. You got to modify the Megatron. There is a post on this. I had to cut 1 side off on mine, but, they sure are nice.

#752 1 year ago

Does anybody know where to get a set of plastics protectors? Tried Pinbits, several months, no response. This game really needs them.

3 weeks later
#763 1 year ago
Quoted from Nickson:

hello i got my transformers decepticon le 15/125 in april but didn't join the group till now.

Welcome, I got an Autobots LE, love it. For more ideas & issues, look for the Transformers LE thread, roll out. More interesting stuff to read.

#768 1 year ago

Autobot LE with topper listed on Pinside from Tilt Toppers. I just now noticed half of it is not on. All the white, seller was contacted.

893029A1-BF53-457E-B71F-9324FA575802 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#780 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Thanks!! Farthest I ever drove for a pin. ColorDMD and Polk subwoofer both on the way!

The color dmd will surprise you it does a lot for the game. I got an Autobots LE, love it. If you like multi-balls, it is for you.

#782 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yes, mine came with a red one. The ColorDMD can't get here fast enough >___< ...!

I love it - I know of 3 MBs now - OP, Megatron, and M&S mode. Are there an others?? What # LE you got? 105 here.
I so cannot wait to hear the sub on this. Just the stock speakers alone actually sound decent. I think this one may have upgraded speakers. Need to check. Did LEs from Stern come with the "standard $15 speakers" ?
My very first LE - back when they were like $5500 instead of $8000 . Got this one for sub-$5000.

Quoted from NPO:

Yes, mine came with a red one. The ColorDMD can't get here fast enough >___< ...!

I love it - I know of 3 MBs now - OP, Megatron, and M&S mode. Are there an others?? What # LE you got? 105 here.

I so cannot wait to hear the sub on this. Just the stock speakers alone actually sound decent. I think this one may have upgraded speakers. Need to check. Did LEs from Stern come with the "standard $15 speakers" ?
My very first LE - back when they were like $5500 instead of $8000 . Got this one for sub-$5000.

I got #118, it was still new at Automated, about a year ago. 5K, had to do all the updates, it was stored in their warehouse. Lots of trouble at first, but, worth it. Check out Cliffys, he has a nice set, the holes get a lot of action.
You named all the multis, they are pretty steady. If you go with Cliffys, I can give you guidance, needs modification. Enjoy.

#783 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Also, you can see mine at post # 768. Check the topper, still at Tilt Toppers. There is another one from McKee listed, too.

#786 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Put Mylar on playfield before the Cliffy. It helps get rid of the problem.

I tried that, still happens enough to aggravate during a good game. Tried layers of Mylar at entrance, too. I ended up cutting the entrance on the top side out. Works 100%. You can Mylar the edge instead.
RGB speaker light kits with TF are great, too. They are at Cointaker.

2 weeks later
#799 1 year ago
Quoted from JMitchell147:

Looks real nice..
In my house Starscream is referred to as Richard, because he can be such a Dick on the LE diverting the shots off the ramp.

Mine does that, too. Does the Iron Hide against the back board catch pinballs, too?

#801 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

On my LE he will catch some airballs.

I got an Autobot Le. I haven’t found something that looks good to stop that, yet.

#806 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I doubt their is anything. Not sure about yours but mine feels like the coils for the flippers are a bit overpowered for the game. When I finally get the game back (friend is storing until our house is ready) I'm going to put some weaker coils on it. I just did this on my Tron and it made it play SO MUCH better. I'll see how it does on TF.
For starscream I put a piece of door weatherstripping in the back corner which helped with balls getting stuck back their when he diverts the ball to the left lane. Not sure if yours gets stuck their or not too.

Please post your findings on a different coil. I think that would help. Airballs are an issue. I made a post behind Megatron with a rubber ring to keep balls out of there. Helps a lot.

3 months later
#829 1 year ago
Quoted from AJB4:

So I am soon to be back in the club...Excited TF Autobots LE is coming home again...

Welcome back, I have had an Autobots LE for about a year. Really enjoy it. Tilt toppers mod and color dmd makes it flat beautiful. Multi balls are a lot of fun.

2 months later
#836 11 months ago

Anyone looking for plastics protectors for this, Pinbits got them back. I have been looking for a while. Fast game, they help.

#844 10 months ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

So I have finally joined the club, picked up an LE Combo #415, just before Memorial Day. Played great for a week or two, then Megatron ball trough was giving me issues. After a few weeks of trial and error troubleshooting, turned out to be a faulty opto board. Replaced both opto boards on the trough, and had previously replaced the original connectors with Molex kk .156 connectors. It’s rock solid, and plays great!
I’ll reply to some of the other Megatron issue threads, with what steps I took, before finding my issue.

Transformer le thread … Roll OUT, is a good thread for this. Washers on both upper mounting bolts on megatron helps the optics see the ball. No more ball searches, problem was solved. Really like the game.

1 month later
#853 9 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Officially joined the club yesterday. Going to give it a good cleaning and change out old dirty rubbers for new silicones (personal preference). I've already swapped the flashers for LEDs and installed color DMD. Any other suggested mods/fixes? Curious if adding colored leds to the back panel instead of white would look good or make it too dark/funky.

Cliffys has a complete set and are very nice, gotta adjust them, though. Also, Pinbits has a set of plastics protectors for it. They make me feel better being such a fast game. Replacement plastics are hard to find. I would want white on the backboard, dark game. I did put a purple led on the decepticon on the backboard, go clear dome , for more light. I have had mine a few years, even with upper titles that I own, TFLE is a favorite. Color dmd helped a lot.
On rubber, you can’t go wrong with Titan. If you like toppers, Tilt Toppers makes a good one for this. I got one, adds a lot.

#855 9 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Thanks! This game is just fun so far. Hits that nostalgia button for both adult me and my teenage son, especially with the recent Bumblebee movie.

I think they did a great job on the audio on this, too. Great game.

#862 8 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The game I bought has a Megatron air ball plastic on it that does not have the thick plastic pieces on the sides underneath. The seller included the airball protector that came in the power pack with the thick plastic on the underside. Since the one on the game is worn, I switched it out with the new one. But that won't allow the ball to travel beneath. Any suggestions?

I got a stored nib, it hadn’t any of that on it, that was a Stern update. Go to Marco & search Transformers update kit. I got it there recently. You can compare to their kit what is missing. By the way, I didn’t know about it until an airball cracked my glass.

5 months later
#901 3 months ago

Autobots......
TRANSFORM!!! Blak, blak, blak...blak!!!!
Well, don’t want to rip this bitch apart again, ever..wow.
Flippers rebuilt. Pops rebuilt, yokes broke, sleeves fucked. All cliffys installed.
Needed it....BAD. Added some glass sealer foam piece in the all spark, hoping it will help out with balls coming right back out
Cleaned, waxed three coats, new balls.
She’s all shorn you’re and ready to flip.
Check out, the translight has never been off glass, was black between them.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good looking game. Flippers work a lot on this one. Doubt if I will ever let mine go.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hippy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside