IMG_0203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230921_124735_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230921_124537 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 TOON PST 1 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 MOVIE PST 1 (resized).jpg
20230305_212253 (resized).jpg
20230305_210325 (resized).jpg
333661056_195116936536825_1559884088788685422_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 8 years ago

If anybody in the Midwest is selling theirs, let me know.

3 weeks later
#149 8 years ago

I will be joining the club tonight! LE Combo inbound!

#150 8 years ago

Combo #317 in da house!

image-20151218_214739.jpgimage-20151218_214739.jpg

image-20151218_214754.jpgimage-20151218_214754.jpg

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Word of advice. If that is NIB or doesnt have any decal wrinkle around the corners, then id get some of the metal stern leg protectors
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711
I out them on my TFLE even though the decals were wrinkled when i got the machine.

It's not NIB and it already has them

#155 8 years ago

I am I rebuilt the ironside playfield this morning and it works a lot better. It barely moved before.

#156 8 years ago

I am having phantom Ironside registrations when only making a partial ramp shot. I have had 3 instances where the ball didn't get all of the way up the ramp on the last Ironside shot and the MPF activated and killed the flippers, but the ball was not in the MPF and drained.....anybody else have this issue?

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

There is a setting to choose when the playfield activates. One is ramp entrance, the other is playfield. I have mine at ramp entrance.
On that setting, I've had the mini playfield activate with a partial shot up the right ramp and the ball not making it into the mini playfield, but never had the flippers cut off if the ball was not in the mini playfield. I thought the ball had to activate one of the mini playfield optos first before killing the main flippers.
Maybe one of the optos is registering incorrectly?

Ya I think that is more likely the case here. Since that is a pcb up there I am not sure there is a lot I can do with it.

#161 8 years ago

It appears that the MPF thinks that the optos are being triggered as the score is going up and the progress lights on the DMD are also rising. That part was working fine before I rebuilt the playfield mechanics... could it be the ribbon cable?

1 week later
#163 8 years ago

Oh man I like that........mind sharing>?

#170 8 years ago

you must have gotten the last set.....:-/

#179 8 years ago

I really like the Startscream figure, thing. It is a challenge to time that right and can be quite lucrative with the multipliers. The Ironhide playfield is cool and fun, but not worth enough points to redeem itself IMO. Even with super pops and spinners, it is worth about what a few other lit shots are worth total. If the rules for the MPF were a bit more fleshed out it would be a lot more fun b/c it is a challenge.

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

There's one last change, that although small, I think makes a great change to the gameplay.
On the LE, both of the gates above the rollovers are controlled, as opposed to only one on the Pro. This allows the LE during certain modes to have really awesome full orbit loops from both the RH and LH side. I personally think it's the best part of the LE changes.
Later,
EV

Very true, I wasn't aware that was not on the pro. It is always a surprise when you start a mode and that ball comes screaming around the orbit

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Does the pro have a 4 ball Megatron trough mid center playfield?

It does, just no drop or cannon animation when it fires.

#189 8 years ago

I like the drop. Makes the Megatron MB harder to get as it was too easy before. I have mine to reset between each lock too

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Just for the record, I cannot use the shelf "Mod/fix" for my game due to my megatron unit being completely customized. It's an eyesore anyway.

That makes perfect sense. I haven't had any airballs with the shield on.

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

You've had airballs, they've just been contained...

yes of course that is what I meant

Dimples are dimples, they are going to happen.

#203 8 years ago

na, special set up for points for me. I have the game set to 1 extra ball

So if you remove the control gate and the ball drains out while in Ironhide mode, does the flipper power return when the ball reaches the switch on the return ramp?

1 week later
#223 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Installed speaker lights and custom mirror blades. The blades are a tight fit and just barely can squeeze by the screws. I'm afraid to try and tighten the screws any more as I just don't think they will go completely flush no matter what.

WP_20160117_00_04_55_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160117_00_02_11_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160117_00_04_49_Pro_(resized).jpg

Those look really good. Wish they were still sling them.

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I think they print to order which is why their shipping can be pretty slow but it makes no sense to discontinue them.

They took them off of their site.

#230 8 years ago

So, those of you that have modified the ironhide mpf, did you remove the entire gate assembly, coil and all?

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I found there was no easy way to remove it. Is there something in particular you are trying to fix or change? I was able to remove the pivot from the coil mount (screws) and thus avoid removing the entire coil assembly.

I just find it ugly and blocks the view a bit so I was just going to remove the entire assembly. I have taken the entire MPF out before so I am not too worried about it. Was just seeing if anybody else had done the same.

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

What is your plan? Replace with Pro ramp? (The Pro ramp certainly flows a lot better.)

Nope, just removing the gate to increase flow. I don't think the Pro ramp would even fit on the LE, but I could be wrong. That would be an interesting mod.

#258 8 years ago

It is a tough game that is for sure. Don't miss your shot!

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

You have to hit it enough to spell "Starscream" so 10 shots, usually.

Initially on the default values you only have to hit it 3 or 4 times. On hard settings you have to hit it 10 times.

#265 8 years ago

My daughter loves Transformers Prime. I have watched a bit of it with her and have enjoyed it. She also like the Gen 1 cartoon that I record for her on Discovery Family

1 week later
#281 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That and a lot of people still consider this game chopping wood to play. I still don't get that argument as hitting the same shot in pinball i pretty common.

Ya, not any more chopping wood than ST is, it is just a harder game than ST I guess.

1 week later
#308 8 years ago

I have combo #317 and it is not signed :-/

#313 8 years ago

Finally got around to putting mirror blades in last night and removing the ball gate from the MPF. Looks a lot better

IMG_20160215_171357_(resized).jpgIMG_20160215_171357_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160215_171405_(resized).jpgIMG_20160215_171405_(resized).jpg

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

About time
Now, you need to put a GI light under the apron and you'll be golden. Really helps a lot with visibility there.

Ya, considered doing that last night and didn't mess with it. I have a lot of light strips I can build one from, so shouldn't be a problem.

#318 8 years ago

I added the spot on the left by the All Spark and it lit up the area around the Megatron lock really well. It helped overpower the glare from the backbox as well.

3 weeks later
#333 8 years ago

Just throwing this out there but if anybody is interested in trading up from a Pro to an LE let me know. I am interested in trading down to a Pro for the time being as I play to eventually put my game on location and would rather that be a pro. I have an exceptionally nice Combo LE with a lot of mods. I will be bringing it to TPF in a week.

2 weeks later
#340 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Played Transformers at TPF last weekend and really liked it! Can anyone tell me what the differences are in the 3 LE models? Is it just the artwork or is the play field and gameplay different?

That was mine. Glad you liked it It is for sale btw

#341 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

300 combos. 125 of each color

Huh, I thought my combo was #317 or something.

#343 8 years ago

Ya just checked mine. 317/500.

#345 8 years ago

I wonder if they actually made all 500.

#347 8 years ago

I have no doubt they made all of the Autobots and Decepticons, just not sure about the 500 combos

1 week later
#356 7 years ago

I am having an issue with my Ironhide mini playfield. I am hoping I don't have to replace the opto board up there as it is $150 and it is all surface mount components.

When Ironhide is activated as soon as it starts it awards all three awards, Super Spinners, Super Pops and Special. It just keeps doing that over and over again. What is odd is that all 4 opto's work fine in switch test.

Any ideas?

1 month later
#366 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

So, I'm thinking about getting a Transformers PRO, routed, works about 100% but needs cleaning, rings and leds...
$3000?

I'd buy it.

2 weeks later
#390 7 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Anyone in the club looking to sell their TF? I recently played one on location and actually had a great time playing it. If I found a Pro come up for the kind of prices you guys are talking about, I'd be all over it.

I have a very nice LE Combo I have been thinking about moving. I am in Missouri though.

#392 7 years ago

I just made a trade on my TF:LE so it is no longer for sale.... I do plan on getting a Pro someday down the road to replace it.

1 month later
#457 7 years ago

I traded my LE which I did like, but if I ever get another TF it will be a Pro.

2 years later
#832 4 years ago

I am back in the club. Snagged a Pro this time. Don’t see them pop up for sale much anymore. Looking forward to having this one back.

1 week later
#837 4 years ago

Made my own 'pinstadium' lights last night. Cost about $10.. It isn't as color bombed in person, the camera amplifies that a lot. Pretty happy with the result.

The pro was very dark in the middle of the playfied.

img_1653 (resized).jpgimg_1653 (resized).jpg
#840 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Do you have a pro as well?

I noticed you don't have the lower spotlights. I'm wondering if those were just an LE thing. Here is mine and they are factory.[quoted image]

I believe that was the case. I used to have an LE and it was definitely brighter in the middle.

#841 4 years ago

It is a pity there isn’t an adjustment for setting the number of required shots needed to complete a mode. Most modern game modes are completed in 5 or so shots. It seems like most of the modes in TF are 10 shots to complete. It would make the game seem like less of a wood chopper if you could adjust this imo. Increasing the time helps but not ideal.

Thoughts?

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I like the modes in TF. The wood chopping argument people throw at this game is mostly BS IMHO. The only wood chop is starting a mode by hitting shots to light it vs it already being lit. Same thing happens with Maiden but people don't complain... The modes in TF have some good variation to them especially if you play them correctly. I.E. - (think it's ratchet), most people just shoot the lit shot and ignore the pulsing shot. That one is double score and can really blow up scores if you hit them all in order. At the end of the day, almost all mode based pinball machines are the same. Shoot the blinking shot.
If you want to reduce the only argument for "wood chop" in the game set the mode start to extra easy. Then it's 1 or 2 shots to start a mode.
If you want the game easier to complete then adjust the mode timers by increasing them.
The thing that hurts this game mode wise is the lack of knowledge most casual players have. I love getting someone over to the house and see them put up 30 million having what they felt was a great game and me putting up 50 having a worse game but playing things better. I then explain what they could have done and they get hooked. Getting you shot X on the right lanes for the modes you plan to play. When to stack in 2x scoring and strategically changing modes to get to the one you want (I find most don't know that bumblebee changes modes for you). Do you prime your Megatron and Optimus MB's while in Midflaps and Skids and leave one more shot so you can play it again to prime your major MB's or do you complete it, etc. On the surface their isn't much to the game but it does have some good chances to make strategic choices that will impact your end results.

Will just have to disagree and assume I am a casual....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club?tu=gov and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.