IMG_0203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230921_124735_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230921_124537 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 TOON PST 1 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 MOVIE PST 1 (resized).jpg
20230305_212253 (resized).jpg
20230305_210325 (resized).jpg
333661056_195116936536825_1559884088788685422_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#667 6 years ago

Sorry to break the 666 post mark but I just joined the club. HUO pro with 2K plays made it's way home with me.

What are the essential mods/fixes for this game? I'm doing ColorDMD, FF speakers, LEDs, shaker and full shop. Is the Cliffy's in production yet?

#674 6 years ago

Thank you all for your replies!

I haven't got much time on this machine, we only set it up at a buddy's house and had a few drunken games. The only issue that concerns me is that the right ramp only goes "around the bend" 1 out of 10 shots, it's like the ball pinches and rolls straight back down again. I thought the plastic bit that sits inbetween the bottom and top on the apex of the ramp was flipped the wrong way but now I've seen pictures of other machines having it the same way. There is also a bit of a ledge when the ball transitions from the "ramp" to the flat bit on top. Anyone else seen this?

Quoted from mrm_4:

Then got the Opto kit for the ball trough to help with an extra ball shooting out midplay or game dying midplay.

What is this opto kit? My Stern Trek has started doing this very randomly and very far in-between.

1 week later
#677 6 years ago

Last order of upgrades/parts landed me just shy of a grand. Automatically puts it in the "keeper" category.

Has anyone been bugging Stern about a code update for TF? Not having mode or multiball progress when you "hold for status" screams for an update. Tron has that and it came before TF... one can dream, right?

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

What could possibly cost a grand in upgrades and parts?

ColorDMD, shaker motor, FF speakers, LEDs, Cliffys - those are the upgrades. Then we have balls, flipper rebuild kits, rubbers etc for wear and tear.

Shite, that actually landed north of a grand when I added it together.

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

How is the color dmd? Only game I have without color.

I just finished ordered everything today. I think the ColorDMD is done pretty well looking at the demo. I had some color-testing LEDs lying around before I ordered for the whole machine and the game surely gonna pop based on the small comparison I made. I'm also adding the spotlights that the LEs have. The speaker upgrade is going to be the biggest bang for the buck hands down because the audio and sounds is absolutely amazing in this game.

1 month later
#692 6 years ago

I noticed in the bumper exit area there is a post missing on my game. Later I examined an LE machine and the hole for that post was missing altogether (although the circle in the print was still there). I guess this is to prevent the ball "locking" in the bumper area as it makes the exit bigger. What's your thoughts on this?

1 month later
#707 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Speaking of code polish what is it missing?

I sent this to Stern a while ago. Crickets.

Hi,
I recently got a used Transformers Pro which I enjoy immensely. I've updated the machine to v1.8 as which is the latest on your website. I can't help to feel it's missing the last polish. Here's a few things that would be great if integrated:

* A more distinct tilt warning sound, it's very feint and you can't gauge if it was a double danger or not.
* Attract mode sounds when you finger a flipper button without a game running,
* A more detailed status report, like how many mode shots for the next mode, how many shots needed for modes that hasn't been completed etc.
* The sentinel prime dots looks very weak given how much work you have to put in to get there.
* The Super Pops and Super Spinner have the same sound effects.

Bugs
* Under certain circumstances there's no call-out when you tilt the game, and please add variety for the callout.

Thank you!

Michael

2 years later
#940 3 years ago

First post here I think. Busted out my deceptichops and GC'd autobots. They don't make games with audio like this anymore. This game is WILD!

11 months later
#1073 2 years ago

Crazy fun Fast Scoring. Last few games before it's going to a new home...

1 month later
#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from noiseprisoner:

Yeah, it's hard as hell to complete the modes but I'll keep practicing.

This is the benchmark in how well a pinball machine should sound. Our master David Thiel at his finest.

I recommend cranking up the mode timers to the max. Still hard as hell but you usually nail them on the second try.

1 year later
#1198 4 months ago

Here's a dumb/fun data point of this game. I ran an objective based PinGolf tournament this weekend that a TF Pro was in. The single one objective was to complete a "robot". Light any of the Decepticons or Autobots solid, including Megatron and Optimus Prime. That was it. Out of 40 players, 33 players could not complete it on FIVE balls.

This is a very well playing TF that we left out of the other tournaments as it plays for too long. I completed Ratchet after starting him a second time on Ball 3, which was like, alright, if I can do it, others can do it.

How about that petition to get a code update?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club?tu=dri and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.