IMG_0203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230921_124735_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230921_124537 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 TOON PST 1 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 MOVIE PST 1 (resized).jpg
20230305_212253 (resized).jpg
20230305_210325 (resized).jpg
333661056_195116936536825_1559884088788685422_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Transformers has one of the best sound packages of any machine that I can recall and really pops with a subwoofer. Start "Blackout" mode and hear the rumble!

Agree, Its sound makes it stay in my lineup. Tron is also great, wish xmen was like those.

3 weeks later
#158 8 years ago

There's a setting for high power also

2 weeks later
#169 8 years ago

Lost my brain and almost left this club. Came to my senses and bought these bladeskins instead . http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product-page/c1xid/0b1925d3-12e7-add1-3e02-ee96b7974468

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Both left and right ramps are different between pro and le.
LE adds a mode for starscream on left ramp.
After you spell starscream, a timed mode starts where you try to hit a target on the back wall by shooting up the left ramp through starscream.
Also a mini playfield on right ramp for ironhide. After spelling ironhide a timed mode starts where you rock the mini playfield back and forth and bounce a ball across sensors that give you points and light spinner, pops, and special etc.

And a drop target in front of Megatron which helps deflect the ball and keep it in play some times.

#180 8 years ago

The custom armor on the LE is also a nice difference. I like my combo red and purple.

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the drop is worthless anyway. i have mine turned off.

You don't think it helps keep the ball in play when lock isn't lit?

#190 8 years ago

Ah, I have the air-ball plastic on mine.

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

No, I think it helps destroy your game with it on. That thing is like a ramp. Ball flies up and flies over into the shooter lane, more often than anything. Just asking for broken ramp plastics. Screw that. I'd rather hit the 3 blue targets to light a lock. More challenging anyway. even if you hit megatron when it's not lit, fires back out right away anyway. Not worth the risk.
Just for the record, I cannot use the shelf "Mod/fix" for my game due to my megatron unit being completely customized. It's an eyesore anyway.

Gotcha, I don't mind the shelf fix but have only played it when on. I get zero air balls.

#197 8 years ago

Post pics of the awesome Megatron!!!

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Same here - never had one stick in Megatron. I've had a stuck ball only three times on the rest of the playfield since buying mine NIB when it came out.

Same here but put them on route and watch what happens

1 week later
#219 8 years ago

Installed speaker lights and custom mirror blades. The blades are a tight fit and just barely can squeeze by the screws. I'm afraid to try and tighten the screws any more as I just don't think they will go completely flush no matter what.

WP_20160117_00_04_55_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160117_00_04_55_Pro_(resized).jpg

WP_20160117_00_02_11_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160117_00_02_11_Pro_(resized).jpg

WP_20160117_00_04_49_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160117_00_04_49_Pro_(resized).jpg

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Experimenting more I decided to disable my Optimus motor. I love the way the game plays with this disabled, however it seems there's no Optimus multiball now. Can I disable the motor and still get Optimus multiball?

I couldn't see ever doing that. I love bashing Optimus, flasher hits with that bong noise and the ramdon chaos of where will the ball go.

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Those look really good. Wish they were still sling them.

I think they print to order which is why their shipping can be pretty slow but it makes no sense to discontinue them.

#237 8 years ago

I'm tempted to pull the gate also. It would make the mini-pf more challenging and didn't someone mention you could set it to reward an extra ball? That would be worth going for also.

#242 8 years ago

Anyone that removed recall the steps for a brief overview? I think I am going to next weekend do it.

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Anyone that removed recall the steps for a brief overview? I think I am going to next weekend do it.

Nevermind, doing it now and its just a couple wire ties to snip.

#245 8 years ago

Ya, it looks a lot better without it. And is a piece of cake to remove.

#247 8 years ago

3) too easy with it

#256 8 years ago

I've been feasting on the Netflix Tf Prime cartoons. Not as bad as I initially thought. Resparked my love of the theme after those crappy Michael Bay movies. Now if I could only make progress in the game lol. I think I'm going to make it drop extra balls like a rabbit shitting. So far my best is only completing like 3 modes on standard settings.

#259 8 years ago

Is there a final rules sheet somewhere? How is the Starscream hurry up triggered, just shooting his ramp X times?

#263 8 years ago

We watched Age of Distinction last night and I thought it actually decent compared to the expectations I had going in. I think it was my favorite of the four but need to go back and watch 3 again.

#266 8 years ago

I have all the Gen 1 in a box set. Reminds me I need to rip em one day.

1 week later
#276 8 years ago

Isn't there 1000 le machines, 500 combo 250 auto and 250 cons?

#284 8 years ago

So agree on the Starscream twitch, one of my favorite parts of the game. I removed the Ironhide gate mainly for cosmetic appearance even though it speeds up the flow a touch.

1 week later
#297 8 years ago

Clear on my combo is fine.

2 weeks later
#321 8 years ago

2 1/2 on mine

5 months later
#471 7 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Anyone have any issues with star scream moving sometimes but getting stuck in the block target spot? mine seams to have no rhyme or reason as it moves.

Maybe it's become loose? I had that happen once and it's a bitch unless you have a second person hold the playfield up while you align and tighten. Another option is to cover your rail with a cloth and rest the back end up on it.

#472 7 years ago

Everyone who screams the pro has better flow from the right ramp and hates the LE drop target misses how that drop target helps flow by deflecting non ball locks where the pro slows and spits the ball back out. That said I removed my ball lock from IH also as flow is better but more importantly I enjoy the challenge of trying to shoot it back up timely when it drops.

#480 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Ok. I'll play... first, go look up the definition of fact as all you just spouted out was opinion once again.
Good try trying to divert you're flow facts by not addressing any of the items that I called out as major flow differences between the two.
Damage from the air ball plastic. Again, LMAO... I've got thousands of plays on my nearly 4 year old game right now. You would see more damage without it.
Ugly plastic. Believe it or not some of us prefer the look of it over the game without. Again, stating a fact when it is opinion.
You say crappie design of the stars scream mech. I say brilliant. Star scream is a villan. Screwing you sometimes is part of good theme integration to me.
Value in the tank... I think not. I paid 5200 shipped for mine neatly 4 years ago. I could easily sell for 4k if I want. That's a 1200 loss. Now look at my GOTLE. In 4 years time how much of a loss would I take on it? I'm betting more than 1200. Either way. Who gives a crap about that. I buy to play and enjoy. If you are looking at this as an investment you've got more issues.

Fact - no damage on mine and opinion - 100% agree Starscream is brilliant. Love he screws with you when not timed correctly.

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Flow is nice on a game like stle but got old pretty quick. Something about tfle just keeps me coming back..seems to have quite a few shots which all feel good to hit.
Biggest downside for me was the Megatron lock. I changed it to hard in the settings and set the lock to virtual so it fires the ball out instead of launching a new one to pop city. And that also avoids the 4th ball hang up in Megatron that was happening quite a bit.
Those 2 changes right there added lots of this flow.

I rarely ever get the megatron ball stuck but I like that idea still of it firing out immediately. Hmmm may try that although my guests seem to really enjoy the physical lock with the rapid fire show.

1 week later
#496 7 years ago

Great news, Cliff is working TF as I type. He has Megatron ready and is measuring the Allspark right now.

xformers-prot-001_(resized).jpgxformers-prot-001_(resized).jpgxformers-prot-002_(resized).jpgxformers-prot-002_(resized).jpgxformers-prot-003_(resized).jpgxformers-prot-003_(resized).jpg

#499 7 years ago

I'm hoping the Cliffy on the Allspark not only protects but helps it stick in there better.

1 week later
#504 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Cut off a piece of this (Drop dead ball foam). Straighten out a paper clip and put the piece at the end of the paper clip and shove it back against the wood part behind the all spark so its perpendicular to the playfield. 99.9% no ball bounce outs. wish i had a picture but my TFLE is long gone.
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=131

I think the original owner had done this but good reminder for me to double check.

2 weeks later
#511 7 years ago

Was thinking that myself, will have to tear down to install.

1 month later
#522 7 years ago

Bumblebee roof happened also on mine. I grabbed a couple spares.

10 months later
#658 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Modified the back box, it was way too white. Really an amazing transformation in my opinion (pun intended)...

Love it, can you share the specs and where to buy?

6 months later
#688 6 years ago

I took the ballgate off my mini playfield long ago but rarely was able to get ironhide scoring really going. Tonight I switched the ironhide scoring start from ramp switch to mini playfield switch and upped the time to 30 seconds. I completed it on the first game and was fun shooting up there a couple times to work through it. It should have been this way from the start.

1 month later
#704 5 years ago

Speaking of code polish what is it missing? Best I can come up with is it’s missing a Destoy the Ring type of cohesion that lord of the rings has. Given Gomez is the lead on both it’s a fair comparison and LOTR has mode completion difficulties around the same level as TF, both have 3 multi balls, but the difference is qualifying the multiballs in LOTR is much better and then destroying the ring is obtainable often. TF needs to have the same thing to tie it all together. That being said I suck at pinball and never made it to TFs mini wizard owning for years, but I’m a threat to destroy the ring on any given game.

1 week later
#710 5 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I sent this to Stern a while ago. Crickets.

It would be nice to get a final list together to try and push through to them. Yours look great.

#712 5 years ago

I’d like mode high score tracking, would give more opportunities to etch your name at least.

#713 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Unfortunately i dont think stern is gonna put any effort into polish. This game is done and long gone.
I have been thinking that the TLS board and the things TimeBandit can do would do a lot to enhance the game.

I had Bandits light board in my Met pro, it was pretty cool.

Wish there was a way to make our own changes to code and custom roms besides just audio.

5 months later
#770 5 years ago

If anyone is looking for a new combo lock-bar, decals, or figures:

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Brand new Transformers LE combo lock bar and decal set. Price includes shipping, for US address only, PayPal payment.”
2019-03-06
Williamsburg, VA
Archived after: 35 days
Viewed: 116 times

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “4 figures for Transformers. Ship US only and take paypal”
2019-05-28
Williamsburg, VA
Archived after: 93 days
Viewed: 223 times

4 years later
#1172 6 months ago

Back in the club after I sold my combo LE years ago. I said then it will come back when I can get a Decepticon LE and happy it landed.

Question, anyone know where these speaker emblems came from? I used to have them on my old machine and am on the hunt. Maybe if I can track who made them they will have advice to track them down.

IMG_0203 (resized).jpegIMG_0203 (resized).jpeg
#1175 6 months ago

Is there two flashers on the LEs left ramp? The test menu says x2 just like the slings but I only see flash and can find the one behind starsceam at the backboard emblem.

If anyone can throw their machine in test to see I could use the assist as the manual is kind of lacking.

#1177 6 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Yes there are 2, one under the flat section of the left ramp ( a few inches after the steel ramp ends ), and one behind the starscream round plastic.

Thank you. I completely missed the wedge socket.

#1178 6 months ago

Was there some games with factory Mylar in a strip protecting where the megatron scoop fires diagonally? It’s been years since I sold my combo and swear it had it. My recently acquired Decepticon edition does not and I’m considering to add.

#1180 6 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

There's a 1" x 3" piece of mylar from the scoop to the drop target on the borrowed combo I have here.

Thanks and I do have this, don't know why I had a brain fart thinking it wasn't there.

Anyhow anyone have a Decepticons edition topper to show off? I think I may make something, just not sure yet.

#1182 6 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I didn't realise there was a topper?

No official topper, just looking for ideas on making one. The aftermarket ones I’ve seen for sale seem geared towards the autobums.

1 week later
#1183 5 months ago

I also changed my Megs to the Robo line match. Whatever movement the original adds just didn’t make up for that figures look being a I’m a Decepticon junkie. Install was like plug and play for the fit and I just tie-wrapped his arm for now. Later I will tie in the light from the removed plastic and would be cool if the motor could be used for something else custom.

IMG_0318 (resized).jpegIMG_0318 (resized).jpegIMG_0320 (resized).jpegIMG_0320 (resized).jpeg

#1184 5 months ago
#1185 5 months ago

I think I found a good way to tie in the factory light that was on Megatrons back into the ROBO bot mod. I just used a spare socket and Molex crimped the pins for the same connection so the original stuff can always be plugged right back in.

#1186 5 months ago

This club is dead, maybe I can wake you all up. I finished my Megs with a cannon flasher. Love how it turned out.

IMG_0373 (resized).jpegIMG_0373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0379 (resized).jpegIMG_0379 (resized).jpeg

#1187 5 months ago
#1188 5 months ago

Sorry guys, not sure why it reposted like crazy. Don’t see how to remove either.

#1190 5 months ago

Thanks Rick.

If anyone else wants to do theirs holler if you need anything.

#1191 5 months ago

What’s everyone’s fix/adjustment for the All-Spark shot? Still just foam deadening pad on the back plate?

I’ve added foam and it has improved greatly but still needs tweaking. Extra pad seems to make it worse and it is so deflating to need the shot, nail it, only to watch it ricochet out.

I have an email out to Cliffy to get one but haven’t heard back yet. I think it can also help. The best fix would be to replace the custom plate with one that has some sort of impact movement but not sure how to fabricate such a thing.

#1192 5 months ago

Added Bee in today, I like it even though he’s not mounted over his shot as it balances the toys on the playfield. Megs and Bee fit so perfectly in these spots I ponder if there was some intent in development that was dropped.
IMG_0393 (resized).jpegIMG_0393 (resized).jpegIMG_0399 (resized).jpegIMG_0399 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1193 4 months ago

Pinside should have the individual TF models for collection tracking. I have owned a Combo, Decepticon, and the Autobot LEs. Feels like this deserves a Pinside achievement!

I think they did a Pinside update where games can now be grouped for ratings and landing pages but individual for which type. For example I used to have Met Prem/le in my collection but now have Met Le. tagging robin TigerLaw ForceFlow for giggles if it’s easy, I’d enjoy it showing my game history.

1 week later
#1195 4 months ago

I really like the Ironhide playfield once I took the gate off and adjusted the settings for that. It's a lot of fun with the challenge of getting it back up there. Also kind of strategic if something is stacked you'd rather go for or the extra ball reward from completing it.

#1197 4 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

A toy/challenge where you can achieve the presented task every single time is not fun to me.

Agree 100%, so you remove the gate, disable it in the setting, reduce the mini playfield power setting, set the start on mini-playfield, and adjust the timer to what makes sense for the skill level. You will not complete it often and if do just reduce the timer

1 month later
#1206 88 days ago
Quoted from dri:

Here's a dumb/fun data point of this game. I ran an objective based PinGolf tournament this weekend that a TF Pro was in. The single one objective was to complete a "robot". Light any of the Decepticons or Autobots solid, including Megatron and Optimus Prime. That was it. Out of 40 players, 33 players could not complete it on FIVE balls.
This is a very well playing TF that we left out of the other tournaments as it plays for too long. I completed Ratchet after starting him a second time on Ball 3, which was like, alright, if I can do it, others can do it.
How about that petition to get a code update?

I complete modes regularly but all of side rarely. If players are having difficulty you can adjust how easy it is to start a mode and increase the timer for modes.

#1207 88 days ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

Thanks so much for that information. I think I’ve only seen them in pictures in one or two LEs. I’m second owner of an LE combo and out of all the TFs I’ve seen, none of those signature plates made it to down under.
If any members has one, could you please send me a flat close up picture? If I can’t buy one I’m happy to mock one up. Thanks in advance.

I think they only came on the Deception or Autobot LEs and not the combos. My combo didn’t have any but my autobot has.

1 month later
#1209 36 days ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

I didn’t know that. Not many Decepticons or Autobots made it down under, mainly combos and pros. Will keep an eye out for one locally.
So you’ve had/ have a combo and autobot? That’s dedication!

I’ve had all three ya, should have just kept my first which was the combo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club?tu=bobcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.