IMG_0203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230921_124735_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230921_124537 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 TOON PST 1 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 MOVIE PST 1 (resized).jpg
20230305_212253 (resized).jpg
20230305_210325 (resized).jpg
333661056_195116936536825_1559884088788685422_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 8 years ago

Has anyone else had a problem with Star Scream getting out of alignment (LE only)?

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Very occasionally starscream will stay crooked for an extended period of time on my LE. Meaning you can't hit the target in the back and the ball falls off into the orbit lane on the left.
eventually the game code seems to detect this and give him the jiggle that he does after a failed shot up the left ramp that resets him back to place
Is that what u are seeing?

Mine is off just enough to make it near impossible to hit the target. I took the electric motor out, I see where I need to adjust it, but I can't get the set screws to move at all. I'm thinking of drilling them out and putting in set screws that aren't designed for an Allen wrench and designed for a Stanley screw driver.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Thankfully ive never had him out of alignment permanently. It was more of a starscream mode ended without setting him back quite right. Eventually game recognized that and fixed it.
So you are saying he is always clocked off a bit? Does he turn left and right during his mode? Clocked off when in both positions?
Ive always wondered how to get him outta there, how did you get him out? I wanted to clean good under there and maybe replace the gi leds in the rollover lanes and couldnt get to them.
Hope you get some luck with him.

He is always off alignment.

To get under there: the ramp in front of star scream has 2 or 3 screws to undo. Then under the playfield, you need to unplug the 2 lamps and infrared. Make sure you label the infrared wires.

The ramps is 2 ramps in 1. The entrance and exit ramp are connected. The metal entrance ramp stays in place.

Twist star scream so he is facing prime. Underneath him is a set screw. Loosen the screw and star scream pops off.

IMO, I would replace that set screw with one that has a Stanley head on it. You may need a little WD40 to get that screw loose.

The problem with Allen set screw is that it easily gets stripped.

2 months later
#148 8 years ago

The other night, before everyone came over to open up GOT, I figured let me get a quick game of Transformers in.

First ball, I'm up to around 90 million, with an extra ball…then the doorbell rang (my high score is 165 million).

1 month later
#307 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

First 35 combos were signed. I only know this as I just read it on the old Pinball News article the other day.

I have combo #410 and it is signed by Gomez.

3 months later
#396 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Not saying the LE is much better than Pro at least gameplay wise. I was saying the price of both the Pro and LE is reachable.
And yes PMing and networking with other people can work to buy a pin in the future. I have bought all my games that way. Some people want to sell their pins behind the sences rather than a market ad. Great way to meet people and make connections also. Good luck.

I've had a few people contact me about my LE. I wasn't offended in the least. If I ever choose to sell it, I would contact them first before listing it.

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Sitting around waiting for a game you want to come up in the market place works, but networking to get a pin is a lot more fun and makes "the hunt" more enjoyable. IMHO
I picked TF over Kiss, but Kiss is still at the top of my list to get next.
Also the Best rule sheets or videos of TF gameplay anyone?

PAPA has a video.

Transformers rules are pretty much straight forward. Complete each robot on one side, then complete each robot on the other side.

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Don't ping me to buy mine as mine isn't going anywhere
Do ping me if you are coming to Austin and want to give it a play though! I really enjoy this game. Took some time to get dialed in and playing how I wanted it but once I got all the shots nice and smooth (and sped up the right ramp) things really came together.

Does your ball lock ever get hung up? Once in a while, mine doesn't recognize the ball when I make the shot.

#409 7 years ago
Quoted from weapon76:

I also did have switches replaced by my techy and if the rare occasion it doesn't stack, a nudge or ball search fixes it

I haven't taken it apart yet, what kind of switches are in there?

2 weeks later
#415 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Was thinking about looking for a tale. How is the rule set? I hear it's shallow and lacks variety? There are a couple on pinside at 4.5k, but I'm looking at a 4k budget.

IMO, transformers LE is the best bang for the buck on any Stern LE. Game is fast, challenging, and pretty much regarded as having one of the best sound packages.

An extremely underrated game.

1 month later
#497 7 years ago

How easy is it just to remove Megatron to put a cliffy there?

#500 7 years ago

Doesn't look like I have any wear on Megatron. My All Spark shot is fine too and I have about 2,000 games on it.

I'd rather have the protectors than not have them.

2 months later
#520 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Had an interesting thing happen on my TFLE today. Shots to the bumblebee captive ball started sounding horrible dead thump. And the ball behind the matchbox car wasnt touching the captive ball anymore. Mid game i jiggled and jiggled. Nothing. So i stopped playing and looked. It looked like there was a bandaid stuck under the free bumblebee ball keeping it from rolling back...
How the hell would that get in there....
Grabbed a screwdriver loosened the plastics and the bandaid turned out to be the square metal roof of bumblebee himself. The roof of the matchbox car split off at all four corners i guess and lodged itself in between the captive and free ball.
Dab of gorilla super glue under the roof and i waited on it to dry.
Fun fact the game works just fine without bumblebee in there.

Happened to my Bumblebee too. I just found some matchbox cars to put in there.

#524 7 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

My roof also came off. When I ordered around 8 months ago they were out of stock. When they came in, the price doubled.

What does it cost now?

2 weeks later
#535 7 years ago

How long does it take to install the cliffys on this game?

Does anyone have step by step instructions?

2 weeks later
#539 7 years ago

I need some help with my LE game. One of my lights went out on the pop bumpers. Does anyone know which bulb that is?

I think it is this: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1885 But I'm not 100% sure.

#542 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yes, the pop lights are 555 bulbs.

With the concave lenses?

3 months later
#549 7 years ago

2 things fellow Autobots.

1 - My Megatron lock wasn't working too well lately. So I decided to take it apart and clean it...OMG, I can't believe how much crap built up in the locking mechanism. I was at it for a long while polishing it.

2 - I need help. Can any LE owners take a picture of the the left ramp, where the ball falls from the upper ramp down to the lower ramp. There's a piece of plastic to help guide the ball...does that go on the inner if the bottom ramp or the outer of the bottom ramp?

I took apart to put the cliffy on and forgot how it went back together.

Thanks!

#554 7 years ago

I put a blue flasher in the all spark.

Does Marco have any Optimus primes?

#557 7 years ago
Quoted from AirWolfNH:

Here are a few pictures. Hope this helps.

Sweet!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

2 weeks later
#574 7 years ago

I put Mylar next to it to get the ball to the same height as the cliffy. Works almost every time.

2 months later
#579 6 years ago

To make my game more fun, here's what I did:

My special is set to extra balls. I changed the Iron Hide playfield to only be active for 5 seconds. I also changed the Iron Hide playfield award from 30,000 up to 50,000.

Before, I was getting way too many extra balls, which in turn made the game too easy. Now I introduced the challenge back into the game.

4 weeks later
#583 6 years ago

Cliffy's for Megatron and All-Spark shot.

I recommend a blue flasher for the all spark.

All flashers should be updated to LED. The pop bumper flasher burns out extremely fast.

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I agree! It's a fun game!
I went to Cliffy's website, but see nothing for Transformers.
I'll take a picture with lights on and maybe you can guide me from there...
I have to try to get that Cube Thingy on .....

Contact him directly...he has them.

#592 6 years ago

4 balls

The side to side thingy is activated when you spell Ironhide.

Upper left thing that rotates, is when you spell Starscream.

#595 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ahhh, you mean the big toy figure upper left? When I get the ball up there I thought it was just moving because the ball hit it....
Now trying to figure out how to protect the playfield in a few places....Cliffy's, TripleThick (painted on) or mylar....

It moves when you hit the target in the back. When you spell Starscream, it starts a hurry up where it keeps rotating back and forth. When you hit the rear target 3 times during the hurry up, it lights the extra ball.

2 weeks later
#628 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Does Transformers LE have magnets?

Nope.

1 week later
#635 6 years ago

Which version are you looking for?

On the LE, ironhide and starscream areas have rubber in them.

3 months later
#665 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

is there an easy way to change the domed flashers that sit on top of the slings?

Take the nuts off in the picture and lift the plastic up. It won’t break, it can be flexed enough for what you need to change the flasher.

1 month later
#682 6 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I just finished ordered everything today. I think the ColorDMD is done pretty well looking at the demo. I had some color-testing LEDs lying around before I ordered for the whole machine and the game surely gonna pop based on the small comparison I made. I'm also adding the spotlights that the LEs have. The speaker upgrade is going to be the biggest bang for the buck hands down because the audio and sounds is absolutely amazing in this game.

I put the Color LED-DMD in mine and I love it.

7 months later
#749 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I believe orange came in the earlier production while Stern switched over to red at some point during the run. Not sure exactly when though. I have a later production run LE and it came with Red. Ironically enough it was numbered sub 50 (can't recall right now but think 23 or 33) though but I bought the game nearly a year after release. It also already had the airball kit installed from the factory.

My LE had the airball kit from the factory but the orange DMD.

I thought they switched to the red DMD on Star Trek with the new speaker panels. Can anyone confirm this?

2 months later
#788 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Put Mylar on playfield before the Cliffy. It helps get rid of the problem.

I cut the protector. Still works great everywhere else on the hole.

2 months later
#821 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Finallllllllllly!
Was able to get into All Hail Megatron, beat it, then start completing the other side of the board. Best day ever!
Decepticons or die!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Get a color DMD in your game.

It does wonders for the video clips.

I went with the Color LED...to each their own!

#824 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Yeah I want a color DMD bad, I just get the shakes and close the order screen every time I see the $400 total

Go for the color LED...only starts with a 3.

Transformers is a definite must for Color DMD.

4 months later
#849 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I like the modes in TF. The wood chopping argument people throw at this game is mostly BS IMHO. The only wood chop is starting a mode by hitting shots to light it vs it already being lit. Same thing happens with Maiden but people don't complain... The modes in TF have some good variation to them especially if you play them correctly. I.E. - (think it's ratchet), most people just shoot the lit shot and ignore the pulsing shot. That one is double score and can really blow up scores if you hit them all in order. At the end of the day, almost all mode based pinball machines are the same. Shoot the blinking shot.
If you want to reduce the only argument for "wood chop" in the game set the mode start to extra easy. Then it's 1 or 2 shots to start a mode.
If you want the game easier to complete then adjust the mode timers by increasing them.
The thing that hurts this game mode wise is the lack of knowledge most casual players have. I love getting someone over to the house and see them put up 30 million having what they felt was a great game and me putting up 50 having a worse game but playing things better. I then explain what they could have done and they get hooked. Getting you shot X on the right lanes for the modes you plan to play. When to stack in 2x scoring and strategically changing modes to get to the one you want (I find most don't know that bumblebee changes modes for you). Do you prime your Megatron and Optimus MB's while in Midflaps and Skids and leave one more shot so you can play it again to prime your major MB's or do you complete it, etc. On the surface their isn't much to the game but it does have some good chances to make strategic choices that will impact your end results.

How does bumblebee change the modes?

I thought he was just for double scoring.

#851 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Hitting him works like the pop bumpers, the character changes on the lower playfield

Guess I never noticed.

6 months later
#895 4 years ago

I recommend cutting the Cliffy for megatron where the ball drops in.

Should be 3 pieces for shooter lane.
1 for the drain area.
1 for the All Spark shot with mylar.
1 for Megatron.

#898 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I got the Megatron, all spark big ones.
Now I still have all these!![quoted image]

Top one is mylar for the all spark shot. It goes on the area that is just wood grain to help protect the clear coat.
Next one goes on right side of shooter lane.
Square with 3 screws goes on the underside of the All Spark shot where the ball sits. The washer is for that switch, to help it clear that protector.
Under that one is for the drain.
Bottom 2 are for shooter lane.

Check out Pinball Supernova YouTube. He goes over how the cliffys get installed.

Look at pics for Batman 66, to see how the square one with 3 screws gets installed and where the washer goes.

1 month later
#907 3 years ago
Quoted from BigJoeCincy:

So Im going to bump this thread because transformers is awesome.
So with the quarantine I have been playing A LOT of pinball. There is still one part of this game I dont totally understand. The combos...Ok so I had a game where I just went for combos to get my initials in of course. I was hitting them like crazy and ended up getting a "64 combos" total with a "double 16 way". Ok so does that mean my longest streak was 32 combos just using ramps or what....? Does anyone know?

I believe it's total combos. My most is 120ish on the game...I can assure you that I didn't hit 120 shots in a row.

Batman 66 works the same way. Certain amount of combos will get an extra ball, will show Alfred ride his bike, the batboat go across the screen, etc. It isn't combos in a row, just total combos that the game keeps track of.

I only own 2 Gomez games, so I'm not sure if that's something strictly with his games.

#908 3 years ago

Does anyone believe Kaneda's rumor about a Transformers '84 game?

Me personally, I don't want to see a re-skin, I'd rather see an entirely brand new game, with clips from the cartoon. Bring in Peter Cullen and Frank Welker to do custom call outs. You can easily do Optimus Prime & Ironhide for the Autobots and Megatron & Soundwave for the Decepticons. Plus, whatever audio you can pull from the series.

Do something along the lines of Batman 66. There's just so much material that can be used.

#912 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I agree. I would have preferred an entirely new game and it would have been a must buy for me. If they simply reskin it, would they go to a lcd, or just update dmd? That will be key in my decision to get this game. It has to be fully converted with art, animations and call outs otherwise why bother. Excited to see it though.

I just can't imagine it being a re-skin. It's not like Spider-Man, where it has this fantastic layout.

If you ask me, if Stern just did a re-skin of Dark Knight into Batman 66, the sales would've flopped. I absolutely hate the way Dark Knight shoots.

I hope Gomez is reading this. If they can do a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (rumor) based on the 1989 cartoon, they can easily to a brand new Transformers '84. The one thing they should keep, is the 2 different rule sets. I really like how you can play on either side. If I were doing the game, I'd take from the 1st episode right up to the movie. Post movie, the series was just not as good.

I really hope we see this game. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I would put both machines right next to each other.

As a side note, I wouldn't mind a He-Man '83. The voice actor of He-Man in still alive. I don't know if he's too old now to do the voice or if they can get someone who can come close. That would be another must buy.

#915 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I don’t think the layout is a problem. I enjoy the shots on the game and like the random nature of the Optimus Prime ramp shot.
I think it needs a code revisit though. There are just so many basic things missing. The spinner is practically pointless.

I love the layout and the way it shoots.

If they use the same layout, it destroys the value of the current games. With a new layout, it justifies having both in a lineup.

1 year later
#982 2 years ago

ebay.com link: itm

I think this may be the car in the game. If not, looks close enough.

#984 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just curious.... how are the cars getting banged upon these games?
I must not be paying to much attention to what even happens in that bumblebee car area...

Just constant abuse from getting hit from the Newton ball.

#989 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

EXACT same for me, lol. the roof blew off and wedged in and I couldn't make any shots, car wouldn't move

That’s what happens. Roof breaks.

I have around 5 extra cars to be on the safe side.

#991 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

So I should look for a convertible Camaro then?

That’s exactly what it will become. HAHAHAHAHA

2 months later
#1022 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Just picked up a really filthy Transformers, this is my first modern game, previously my newest was Breakshot.
This thing has been hacked up by some “tech” so I’m looking for help. Can someone post what the inside back of their cabinet looks like? I think this guy pulled wires out of the harness and made his own connections for some bizarre reason.
Also some plastics were broken and GLUED directly to the freaking post so they’re impossible to remove. The EOS switches are broken off the flippers... it’s also got a huge nasty wear trail at the megatron cannon does anyone make decals to cover this? it’s a mess!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How about a playfield swap?

#1025 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

There can’t be many NOS playfields for this game floating around.
I figured it would be a pipe dream

I would try contacting Stern. They must have 1 laying around.

#1029 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks, I did that in the beginning and maybe that is what temporarily had it working better. I've been concentrating on the physical position of the mech since reading all that. I will try just that and leave the mech position alone and see what happens.

To get mine working better, I did the washer fix. Worked for a while. Then I took the mech off and hand polished the inside where the balls travel. That made mine work 100% of the time. Only thing I can think of, is maybe I got the metal so clean that the balls were able to travel easily against it.

#1031 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks, which location did you put the washers in? I just reseated the plugs and it hasn't improved

The closest to the front of the game.

1 week later
#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I've had mine since new also.(decepticon le) Hasnt gotten old for me. Definitely not easy. My only gripe is you have to finish the modes or do them again. Unless I've been missing a way to shut this feature off.
With the flipper fidelity in mine the sounds are simply amazing in my opinion. I'd take it a step farther and say I enjoy the sounds in this game more so than any game I've ever owned. Imho.

The modes save progress.

3 weeks later
#1048 2 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Hey everyone! A friend of mine just brought me a Transformers Pro(ject) to work on
One thing I immediately see: Wow this game is dark!
Are there any lighting mods I should know about? Thanks!

Put LEDs in.

#1051 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If it's an LE, they came with LEDs

I changed out the LEDs in my LE from the 1 square kind to the 2 square kind and it made a world of difference.

#1053 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I did notice those and was thinking of doing the same. They kinda look like early led technology
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"0ad622f801e6f3dc590e80a9161cdc41cf76fe3c-1629753393-1800"};
//]]>

They are early LEDs.

1 year later
#1092 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Another question for owners, does the Bumblebee car in the captive ball add anything to the game? This one is trashed and Im wondering if I should try and replace it, or just remove it and leave it as a traditional captive ball.

It is the Bumblebee shot....

As for using a captive ball, has anyone tried that? I don't know if the area is too wide for it to be successful or not.

As for the car, my car had lost its hood after about 2,000 plays. I bought a few replacements just to have on hand.

#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Is there not normally a loose ball in there? In mine (or the one Im working on) there is the trapped ball, a loose ball and then the car. I do get that it makes sense thematically. Where did you find replacements, out of curiosity?

Can the loose ball go far enough to hit the switch?
435E5DF4-DD23-4D34-99FB-79CD98FC3730 (resized).jpeg435E5DF4-DD23-4D34-99FB-79CD98FC3730 (resized).jpeg

#1096 1 year ago
Quoted from JMitchell147:

Pretty sure the loose ball and the captive ball is correct, mine has both as well. If the picture above isn't enough, let me know and I'll try take a pic of the area on mine.
I have searched stores for a replacement but no luck.. I'm sure there are some out there.

It’s just a hot wheels car in there.

#1098 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I feel like it is narrower than the car, so it should make it all the way. I'll probably just leave it as is until/if I can find a proper replacement car.
Would you be able to take a picture of the right side of the captive ball area, the ball guide between the captive ball and the right ramp please?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/880-6141-00

1 month later
#1105 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Hey everyone, got some time to work on my machines, and wanted to finally install my Cliffy set for the LE. Can anyone who has personally done it on this title, help me identify where a couple of pieces go please?
Megatron, All Spark, and two of the three shooter lane protectors, I know where they go. Any tips/suggestions of what others ran into, would be greatly appreciated.
Started a separate topic, as a search didn’t bring up results covering this. Thanks in advance!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cliffy-install-transformers-le-stern[quoted image]

On the Megatron scoop, I would cut the cliffy where the ball drops in from the rear.

I did that on mine. I wish cliffy made it that way from the start, but it is what it is.

The small 3 edge square goes in the all spark kick out.

#1108 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Agree. The cliffy for the megatron scoop caused ball hangups on the back side where the ball falls in from the backside. The ball just doesnt have the momentum to make it over the cliffy.
I tried layers of mylar to ramp up over it. But nothing worked. I just cut that part out and solved the problem. The backside will not have protection. But trade off for no ball hangups is worth it.

Like you said, that ball isn't rolling fast enough to hop over the cliffy, I doubt with how slow it rolls that it will cause any damage. Especially, when you consider that it's in a home environment.

#1109 1 year ago

So cut this side out? Just verifying.
I appreciate the tips.
[quoted image]

When you have the Magatron opened up for the cliffy, you'll see exactly where it needs to be cut. I'll see if I can grab a photo of mine later.

#1111 1 year ago

I appreciate it, thank you. Hoping to carve out a few hours tomorrow to do this, clean and replace rubbers while I’m in there.

I don't think it will take that long.

There isn't that many rubbers in the game. The cliffy's go on quickly.

I would clean back in that area too while you have things off the game.

#1114 1 year ago

Alright TF experts, could be because I’m tired, just went back to work on mine, and am puzzled on a few things.
TF LE combo:
Biggest one, WTF was Stern thinking, with stacking plastics, with 2-3 loose spacers in between, held together by one screw/bolt, and no easy way to get/grab any of it for removal or installing? Right ramp feed out of the mini playfield for example. I wanted to get further on this tonight, but realizing I’m not in the mind set to deal with that sh*t storm.
So main questions, what are the best ways to remove the ramp, mini playfield, and plastics on the right side?
Also, best way to remove or get under Starscream, top left corner?
Any other hurdles to worry about, when trying to clean and re-rubber?
Out of the list of machines I’ve worked on, this one has become the biggest pain in the ass to figure out. I have to be missing something, just not seeing it right now.
Thank you to any and all for advice and suggestions. Just not finding much info, of others dealing with these headaches on this machine.

Starscream is a bitch. It has a set screw all the way on the left side. In order to really get to it, you need to lift the back of the playfield up. He will pop right off….then setting the set screw again sucks.

2 weeks later
#1118 1 year ago

Any good method for propping up the rear playfield? Doesn’t look like there’s good spots to place a 2x4, either standing up or laying across the cabinet edges. Unfortunately, I don’t have a table or workbench to put this on at the moment, or I’d look at removing it from the cabinet.

Lift the rear of the playfield with the left hand and use an Allen wrench with the right hand.

It’s easy to do.

Once the rear is lifted, it’s very easy access.

Have a pair of small pliers handy incase you need to get more torque on it.

#1121 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club/page/15#post-4419500
There’s my adventure with starscream.
I really miss this game, would love to own it again one day.

I think it’s just a software glitch.

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Tackled putting new decals on my game a couple weeks ago. Had the original wrinkled artwork. Stern sent me new replacement decals under warranty.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did they come bent or anything?

I tried ordering decals before from them and they are damaged when I get them.

#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

The decals I received from Stern were packaged very nice, no damage at all.

Maybe they improved on it.

Did you put the decals on with the game upright?

#1128 1 year ago

Cleaning my game tonight. I noticed some dust behind Optimus.

I decided to put washers under here.

The guide was digging into the clear coat. Probably like that on every game.

6B1323F5-E250-49BA-9EAB-28D2B4B96590 (resized).jpeg6B1323F5-E250-49BA-9EAB-28D2B4B96590 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1136 1 year ago

All depending on what you want to do, if you want to install mirror blades or art blades, Pinwoofer speaker kit, Cliffy protectors, ect...lots of things to look at for options.
Are any of them really needed? Maybe the Cliffys, anything else is dealer’s choice.
With help of others in this thread, I modified the Cliffy for the Megatron hole, pics and walkthrough posted on this page or previous.
Here’s my thread regarding mirror blades, had to replace the set that was previously in there.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pbl-mirror-blades-without-mounting-screws#post-7284012

I’m a huge fan of the Color LED, but as always, it’s everyone’s preference.

3 weeks later
#1147 1 year ago

OK, going back to removing Starscream from playfield, please tell me there’s a different lock screw to undo vs the one just below him. Possibly the two below the playfield?
I snapped my bit off in the screw, trying to loosen it up. I went on to other things, figured I’d revisit it later, and see what I can do to remove it. The dang thing was so freaking tight.
Side note: Those playfield jacks being sold, are awesome for getting the back playfield up and out. Much easier to work in the back areas now.

Where did you get the playfield jacks?

#1149 1 year ago

OK, going back to removing Starscream from playfield, please tell me there’s a different lock screw to undo vs the one just below him. Possibly the two below the playfield?
I snapped my bit off in the screw, trying to loosen it up. I went on to other things, figured I’d revisit it later, and see what I can do to remove it. The dang thing was so freaking tight.
Side note: Those playfield jacks being sold, are awesome for getting the back playfield up and out. Much easier to work in the back areas now.

Get a set of Allen wrenches too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club?tu=Trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.