IMG_0203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230921_124735_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230921_124537 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 TOON PST 1 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 MOVIE PST 1 (resized).jpg
20230305_212253 (resized).jpg
20230305_210325 (resized).jpg
333661056_195116936536825_1559884088788685422_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kawydud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#329 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

isn't it LED from the factory?

Not the pro versions.

2 weeks later
#334 8 years ago

Got some star post lights installed on Transformers this morning. Also installed new white rubber and clear protective washers.

IMG_0543_(resized).JPGIMG_0543_(resized).JPG

IMG_0542_(resized).JPGIMG_0542_(resized).JPG

#349 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Those look really nice! Can you show a pic from players POV. Trying to tell how much light they give off.

Sure. The camera shows them brighter than they really are, wish the pictures would come out nicer.

IMG_0569_(resized).JPGIMG_0569_(resized).JPG
IMG_0568_(resized).JPGIMG_0568_(resized).JPG

#351 8 years ago

This is what I used. http://www.cometpinball.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1871

I kept all of the wiring I could under the playfield.

3 months later
#453 7 years ago
3 months later
#515 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Just got an LE last night and it as code version 1.2 I tried downloading the 1.8 code from Stern's site but it's only 32.2 MB which seems really small. Anyone know if that is correct?

Just checked my download, that is the right file size for 1.8.

8 months later
#625 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It did, but isn't that the one from the Stern website? It says Transformers Pro.
Thanks...
Maybe that's the manual for both versions?

It is the manual for both

2 weeks later
#631 6 years ago
Quoted from shane63026:

Anyone know where I can get a new rubber ring kit? I can't seen to find one. I don't have the book so I can't look there. Thank you in advance. I have the le combo

Here is a database from someone who put Titan rubber on Transformers. https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5234

#633 6 years ago
Quoted from shane63026:

I looked at that but it seems to be incomplete to me. I even emailed stern but of course no response!

Here is the list of rubbers from the manual, as well as a diagram that shows which ones go where.

Transformers rubber.pdfTransformers rubber.pdf

2 weeks later
#648 6 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

Does anyone know where to get new chrome trim around the translite?

Are you talking about the t-molding?

https://www.t-molding.com/3-4in-chrome-t-molding.html

#651 6 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

Yes. But the piece is flat in the back and has adhesive in the back. It doesn't have a slit in the middle for a t mold.

Do you have a picture? I went and looked at mine, appears to be t-molding all around it. Manual shows it also.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

Gadzooks! You right. It is chrome on top and black in the middle. Can you direct me to this same one? Thank you

You can buy it in lengths here. - https://www.t-molding.com/chrome-t-molding.html

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

Can anyone tell me how to remove the trim safely without damaging the wood?

It should pull out of there with a little bit of effort, lot of people change colors out on t-molding.

2 years later
#875 4 years ago

Anyone ever mess with changing out the led boards? I got tired of the crappy insert lighting and changed out all the little LED boards with new pieces from Cointaker. Turned out really nice. So I decided to rewire the inserts in the middle to work the same way. Just jump the wiring off the existing lights board and put some electrical tape over the original bulbs. Will finish up the wiring tomorrow, but this is what it looks like so far.

IMG_5967 (resized).jpgIMG_5967 (resized).jpgIMG_5968 (resized).jpgIMG_5968 (resized).jpg
#877 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm tuned in. I hate the insert lighting on TFLE. I bought all the cointaker boards as well, lifted the pf and realized it was integrated into multiple lights per board so put the lights away. Curious on how it turns out.

Hope to have it done tonight. The rest of the inserts look so much nicer with the colored boards.

#880 4 years ago

So I finished up the wiring last night, then realized I wired the boards backwards. All of the drives should have been jumped together, not the grounds. Fixed that tonight when I got home and powered it up. The reds have a big improvement. The purples aren't as good. I may switch those out for white boards at some point, but there is a bit of improvement over the stock lighting. I also took shots of the small inserts that I changed the boards on. The blues for skids and mudflap are much brighter and bluer.

IMG_5980 (resized).jpgIMG_5980 (resized).jpgIMG_5981 (resized).jpgIMG_5981 (resized).jpgIMG_5982 (resized).jpgIMG_5982 (resized).jpg
#881 4 years ago

Pics of the install

IMG_5988 (resized).jpgIMG_5988 (resized).jpgIMG_5989 (resized).jpgIMG_5989 (resized).jpg
#882 4 years ago

Couple pics of the inserts lit up. I'll try to upload some video to youtube.

IMG_5994 (resized).jpgIMG_5994 (resized).jpgIMG_5996 (resized).jpgIMG_5996 (resized).jpg
#883 4 years ago

#884 4 years ago

#885 4 years ago

#887 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That's a lot better. If I get some courage I may give that a try too.

I will try some white pcb's to see if I can get the purple better, otherwise I may have to double up on the led boards for those inserts.

#889 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Maybe for next person, mount the extra led boards to the left and right side and Keep the original board - so you have 2x leds per square directly lighting up the insert?

If you used white leds that might work. I used red and purple for each side, so the white wouldn't match correctly. The red really looks nice, just need something different for the purple.

10 months later
#936 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

In have an Autobots LE and it has leg winking bad. Can anyone point me to a place I can buy a decal set?

Stern warrantied my set after calling them with my serial number. They sent a complete new set with the metal leg spacers. It took almost a year to get them since that was back when they were moving, but they finally came through.

6 months later
#1001 2 years ago

Brought that game upstairs for the seller yesterday. It is in excellent shape.

1 year later
#1123 1 year ago

Tackled putting new decals on my game a couple weeks ago. Had the original wrinkled artwork. Stern sent me new replacement decals under warranty.

IMG_9012 (resized).JPGIMG_9012 (resized).JPGIMG_9013 (resized).JPGIMG_9013 (resized).JPG
#1125 1 year ago

The decals I received from Stern were packaged very nice, no damage at all.

#1129 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Maybe they improved on it.
Did you put the decals on with the game upright?

Yeah, just took the legs off and did it on the lift. I do vinyl graphics as a side business, so this was pretty simple. The new decals actually have all of the holes punched for the cabinet holes. Made the alignment very simple.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kawydud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club?tu=Kawydud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.