IMG_0203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230921_124735_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230921_124537 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 TOON PST 1 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 MOVIE PST 1 (resized).jpg
20230305_212253 (resized).jpg
20230305_210325 (resized).jpg
333661056_195116936536825_1559884088788685422_n (resized).jpg
There are 1,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 25.
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does your ball lock ever get hung up? Once in a while, mine doesn't recognize the ball when I make the shot.

Give the game a good nudge. Solves the issue for me every time.

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does your ball lock ever get hung up? Once in a while, mine doesn't recognize the ball when I make the shot.

My 4th ball in got stuck once and needed a shake to drop all the way in.

Why buy one when you can just visit 85vett in Austin and play his anytime you want?

#403 7 years ago

I've had my pro since 3 or 4 years when they first came out. It's still a go to pin for a fast in your face game. It really is a good game, makes you a better player. Even with no space to expand for new pins, just can't let this one go.

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Not anymore. I found my game was real sensitive to the pitch of the PF. If I increased it to much I'd have issues with the locks. It's gravity fed so changes with the angles of the game impacts that feature.

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I put a couple washes under the playfield where the Megatron ball lock screws are as seen on TNT AMUSEMENTS video 730# and rarely have any issues now

#406 7 years ago

never succedeed to get mine working 100%, trying washes & slope, was often the 3rd or 4th ball (switches ?) to have probs in Megatron
than was set-up to logical lock and played as it...

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

never succedeed to get mine working 100%, trying washes & slope, was often the 3rd or 4th ball (switches ?) to have probs in Megatron
than was set-up to logical lock and played as it...

I also did have switches replaced by my techy and if the rare occasion it doesn't stack, a nudge or ball search fixes it

#408 7 years ago

well, pity in some cases, but nothing really making that pin bad

#409 7 years ago
Quoted from weapon76:

I also did have switches replaced by my techy and if the rare occasion it doesn't stack, a nudge or ball search fixes it

I haven't taken it apart yet, what kind of switches are in there?

#410 7 years ago

Normal stern trough switches i believe

#411 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I haven't taken it apart yet, what kind of switches are in there?

He had replaced them with a new set as he did with a number of T.F that had been ordered through our Area Distributer... But my opinion is that those washes make a big difference with ball stack, give it a go and see if it helps

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

TF is the now the best Bang for your buck, value Stern pin out there. Hands down! Want something that your friends don't don't have that is awesome and fun to play then get a TF. This has to be one of the best pins for kids also. I am completely ignoring Pinside ratings from now on. Who are those two Italian dudes rating TFLE 1's on the ratings? Vergognoso!

Haha love the comment you left on Top 100 ..Pinside ratings can realy rub you up the wrong way, im also ignoring the poor ratings, its a great game in my opinion and all that have played my combo say the same

1 week later
#413 7 years ago

Was thinking about looking for a tale. How is the rule set? I hear it's shallow and lacks variety? There are a couple on pinside at 4.5k, but I'm looking at a 4k budget.

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Was thinking about looking for a tale. How is the rule set? I hear it's shallow and lacks variety? There are a couple on pinside at 4.5k, but I'm looking at a 4k budget.

It is definitely far from shallow. Two ladders of modes, 3 wizard modes, etc. The modes themselves can be very similar, but a few are quite unique and fun and tie into the theme well. I play autobots to start mostly due to the extra multiball with mud flaps and skids (bumblebee is a fun mode that i challenge myself to beat on the first try) but I found the decpticons have some really fun and exciting modes.

My biggest issue initially with the game was I had too many extra balls. Limiting those and making the game more challenging really was a good choice for me.

#415 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

IMO, transformers LE is the best bang for the buck on any Stern LE. Game is fast, challenging, and pretty much regarded as having one of the best sound packages.

An extremely underrated game.

#416 7 years ago

I also used washers to increase the pitch on the Megatron trough. It is pitched towards the rear where as the ball trough is pitched towards the front. Slight pita, but certainly doesn't hurt. I've used the washer trick on pita stand up's to reduce air-balls.

#417 7 years ago

And on Stugots Single drop. Anywhere you get too many air-balls.

#418 7 years ago

I've had a pro before and now looking for another one I keep seeing le's for sale. I could get one but that damn EM sound thing on the top right just seems like a waste of space and reAlly doesn't look fun. Can someone explain that mech to me and is there a way to change that stupid sound?

#419 7 years ago

I think the pro is the best bang for the buck of any Stern pro. Fast, fun, in your face game. Oh, and hard IMO.

#420 7 years ago

What is a Pro going for? They are hard to find.

#421 7 years ago

What is a Pro going for? They are hard to find.

I sold mine within the last year for $3,100 and it didn't fly out the door at that price. I liked playing it on route and had high hopes for it to be a keeper for me for a long time, but unfortunately after having it a week I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. For me it was one of those games that everything is so similar and repetitive that once I got through Battle For Cybertron, I had little desire to play it again. For me it was the perfect route game I guess. I was happy playing it a few times every few weeks and then I was totally content with not playing it for awhile.

#422 7 years ago

Love the em sounds and believe Gomez use them in the avengers also

#423 7 years ago

Well if anyone wants to get rid of a pro I'm in the market for one

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Love the em sounds and believe Gomez use them in the avengers also

Correct, completing hawkeye triggers the EM sounds, live that feature.

#425 7 years ago

I like the EM sounds also. That Color DMD will be nice also for this game. Wonder when that will come??

#426 7 years ago

What does it take to join the tf club?

#427 7 years ago

Owning one helps - check!

#428 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I've had a pro before and now looking for another one I keep seeing le's for sale. I could get one but that damn EM sound thing on the top right just seems like a waste of space and reAlly doesn't look fun. Can someone explain that mech to me and is there a way to change that stupid sound?

Change the sound in pinball browser just like any other SAM based game. If you don't want to play it at all then just turn that off in the settings.

That mode is lame with the control gate in place. Remove that control gate and it's very challenging and fun.

#429 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I suppose to each his own. I enjoy the Ironhide playfield. I set mine up to be super easy so that I can earn "specials" (which I set to extra ball) which are useful towards getting further along the modes.

Start at 7:00 to see Ironhide miniplayfield.

#430 7 years ago

Since I have bought TF a few weeks ago there seems to be a lot more chatter about the game than I have seen in a long time.

Haters say the game needs better code. So.......why not try to get a code update? It looks like there are more Pinside owners of TF than TAV and that got an update. I am new to the pin, so am not sure where to begin on what to add to the rules yet though. What do you more experienced owners and players think?

#431 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Remove that control gate and it's very challenging and fun.

How does that work? The mode still runs even if the ball as existed the ironhide mech and nothing else scores?

#432 7 years ago

Haters say the game needs better code. So.......why not try to get a code update? It looks like there are more Pinside owners of TF than TAV and that got an update.

I think the code updates for Avengers, for example, were more to fix bugs or missing content that many owners noticed and found distinctly annoying. I think what you are talking about for Transformers is more in the realm of "enhancements" and nothing is really broken with the code in Transformers. Stern has not shown much willingness to create "enhancements" in older titles.

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I think the code updates for Avengers, for example, were more to fix bugs or missing content that many owners noticed and found distinctly annoying. I think what you are talking about for Transformers is more in the realm of "enhancements" and nothing is really broken with the code in Transformers. Stern has not shown much willingness to create "enhancements" in older titles.

I still like TF now. You are right TAV was buggy and better now.

85Vett - yes please expand what you were talking about on the control gate.

#434 7 years ago

I still like TF now. You are right TAV was buggy and better now.
85Vett - yes please expand what you were talking about on the control gate.

I think it's so the ball will drain out if you suck at the side to side hustle. Or if you don't want to play it. My ? Is does the code reactivate the flippers if the ball is out when it's not supposed to be?

#435 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I think it's so the ball will drain out if you suck at the side to side hustle. Or if you don't want to play it. My ? Is does the code reactivate the flippers if the ball is out when it's not supposed to be?

Yes. If a playfield switch (such as the inlane switch) or the ramp return switch is activated, the flippers are reactivated.

#436 7 years ago

Nice...I'll prob. Yank my gate out then.

#437 7 years ago

Correct. Once the ball comes out of the mini PF, the flippers will re-activate and you can also progress through other modes with the mini PF still active. Only negative is if you get the ball back in the mini PF the flippers stay active. Small price to pay for a better flowing game as well as one that has a challenging mini PF. With the control gate in place it's way to easy/boring.

#438 7 years ago

What is the latest code version for LE ?

#439 7 years ago

V1.8 - March 14, 2013

#440 7 years ago

Having trouble with mini playfield. After activation and play, gate sometimes doesn't open to let ball out. Ball search doesn't open gate either. Why???

#441 7 years ago

I think that ball search is supposed to open that gate and let the ball out

#442 7 years ago

Yes, but it is not opening the gate. I let it search 3 times. Have to pull glass and manually open gate to release ball. Real bummer.

#443 7 years ago

I think one of you guys in the Pittsburgh area should sell me your transformers.

#444 7 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Having trouble with mini playfield. After activation and play, gate sometimes doesn't open to let ball out. Ball search doesn't open gate either. Why???

I contacted Stern and Chas suggested increasing the magnet strength to lift gate by getting gate closer to coil. After disasembling the gate, I decided to shim the coil with zip ties to get the magnet closer to the gate. After 6 long games I haven't had a ball stuck yet.

20160706_172151_(resized).jpg20160706_172151_(resized).jpg

#445 7 years ago

I'm expecting delivery of a TF Pro this Sunday. It seems the Pro is rarer than the LE's judging by this thread.

They are pretty damn rare over here. Can't wait.

#446 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I'm expecting delivery of a TF Pro this Sunday. It seems the Pro is rarer than the LE's judging by this thread.
They are pretty damn rare over here. Can't wait.

That's a great find. I've been on the hunt in Canada for over a year (on and off) for a Pro. They are really rare to come by if you don't live in the US. And even there LE's come for sale alot more often.

#447 7 years ago

The numbers I have seen look like there were significantly more LE's sold than Pro's. So there are just fewer of them out there.
But those are only guesstimates, as Stern doesn't put official release numbers out there...

#448 7 years ago

Speaking of mini playfields - I was looking at the game adjustments and I saw that number 34 was mini playfield power boost and mine was set to "YES". I put it at NO which is the factory default and could not get anything going on the playfield because the side to,side was so weak. So if your LE does not have this set to a power boost then give it a try.

A lot of TF haters did not like the playfield and I am dounting the game they were playing on was getting enough shake up on the mini play field?

#449 7 years ago

YES, with the power boost on it works just fine. I think the mini-playfield is fun and unique. With the thresholds for super pops, super spinner and extra ball it is fun to really try to get it going. Just a unique feature that I enjoy but many others don't like. To each their own...

#450 7 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

The numbers I have seen look like there were significantly more LE's sold than Pro's. So there are just fewer of them out there.
But those are only guesstimates, as Stern doesn't put official release numbers out there...

Most pro's went to operators. LE's went more to home collectors which are more likely to sell via sites like this. I see pro's pretty often on route but if I come across one for sale I'll post here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.