IMG_0203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230921_124735_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230921_124537 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 TOON PST 1 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 MOVIE PST 1 (resized).jpg
20230305_212253 (resized).jpg
20230305_210325 (resized).jpg
333661056_195116936536825_1559884088788685422_n (resized).jpg
There are 1,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 25.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I switched back due to the no Optimus multiball. Also as stated above the cool sounds he makes. Speaking of sound. When I first discovered this game it was in a boardwalk arcade. Couldn't really hear the sound with the other games and noise. However I loved the look and gameplay an d knew I had to have one. When I finally located one and brought it home, my first thought of disappointment was with the sound. I thought to myself while playing my first couple games the sound was lacking and kinda bland compared to the rest of the machine. For christmas my wife bought me flipper fidelity speakers and I have to say.......holy f'n shit......this thing rocks......I played some games last night and it was pure bliss. Sound really brings it all together for this pin, and this pin really has some of the best sound in pinball imho. I plan on adding new speakers to all my stern pins.

I agree on the sound. I went external sub but same thing. That thing cranks with the better sound! I also did a shaker motor and wow its just an experience..

#252 8 years ago

I'm getting one next week and can't wait, I had a combo version and while fun the flow was killed by those ramp add ons, I forgot about the shaker and will have to add one, also I'm gonna remove the gate for dual orbital fun, under rated game for sure.

#253 8 years ago

TF may have a new fan. Someone new was over playing mine and really enjoyed it. the more that play it and give it a chance the more that like it.

#254 8 years ago

its good to see that TF is far from being dead...

#255 8 years ago

With a theme of transformers this will always stay valuable rollout son!!!!

#256 8 years ago

I've been feasting on the Netflix Tf Prime cartoons. Not as bad as I initially thought. Resparked my love of the theme after those crappy Michael Bay movies. Now if I could only make progress in the game lol. I think I'm going to make it drop extra balls like a rabbit shitting. So far my best is only completing like 3 modes on standard settings.

#257 8 years ago

the movies do indeed suck....except for Transformers 3. that one is actually kinda good. Mainly because the story is vaguely taken from the cartoon/comic books. Has similarity to some of the story in those. But the other movies are just garbage, and so is michael bay.

The sounds and look of this game really are great. Modes are somewhat repetitive, but the game is hard as shit. I finally finished 4 robots, but failed on optimus multiball. Almost saw sentinel prime..... almost.

#258 8 years ago

It is a tough game that is for sure. Don't miss your shot!

#259 8 years ago

Is there a final rules sheet somewhere? How is the Starscream hurry up triggered, just shooting his ramp X times?

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Is there a final rules sheet somewhere? How is the Starscream hurry up triggered, just shooting his ramp X times?

You have to hit it enough to spell "Starscream" so 10 shots, usually.

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

You have to hit it enough to spell "Starscream" so 10 shots, usually.

Initially on the default values you only have to hit it 3 or 4 times. On hard settings you have to hit it 10 times.

#262 8 years ago

here, home, we're playing on full factory seetings, only change is set on 5 balls instead of 3 (and quite often 1 EB collected in the game)...
as it, we often go to the 1st wizard mode, than 2 or 3 full robots on the other side, but never fully completed these 2 sides

#263 8 years ago

We watched Age of Distinction last night and I thought it actually decent compared to the expectations I had going in. I think it was my favorite of the four but need to go back and watch 3 again.

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I've been feasting on the Netflix Tf Prime cartoons. Not as bad as I initially thought. Resparked my love of the theme

Transformers Prime is an amazing show. My favorite cartoon of the past decade. I love how Megatron is portrayed as ultra competent great leader, but just constantly dealing with petty issue after petty issue regarding his subordinates. So funny.

#265 8 years ago

My daughter loves Transformers Prime. I have watched a bit of it with her and have enjoyed it. She also like the Gen 1 cartoon that I record for her on Discovery Family

#266 8 years ago

I have all the Gen 1 in a box set. Reminds me I need to rip em one day.

#267 8 years ago

Sorry for being lazy on this but before I scroll through all these posts is there any custom pinball cards mentioned within?

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Sorry for being lazy on this but before I scroll through all these posts is there any custom pinball cards mentioned within?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club/page/3#post-2786563

#269 8 years ago

i love it !

another nice start, ball 1 (+ 1 EB) finishing with 135M, all autobots beaten except optimus with only 1 shot remaining & megatron also completed on the other side

than, i spend 2 balls to finish optimus
than small wizard mode with roll out at 69M (lane X2 and PF X2)
than also complete starscream, but only started the 3 others decepticons... (big wizard mode is still far)
finishing at 281M and 108 combos, not bad

#270 8 years ago

btw, just added STRAFE & GRIMLOCK, and move the spotlight at the left on BUMBLEBEE, which for sure was intended to have a light there, seing how the PF was done

IMGP1593_(resized).JPGIMGP1593_(resized).JPG

IMGP1594_(resized).JPGIMGP1594_(resized).JPG

IMGP1596_(resized).JPGIMGP1596_(resized).JPG

#271 8 years ago

I need the schematics for the TF LE. I thought that I had it in paper form but...

It would be great if someone could give me the dl link to the PDFs.

Update: found it:
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/transformers/le

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i love it !
another nice start, ball 1 (+ 1 EB) finishing with 135M, all autobots beaten except optimus with only 1 shot remaining & megatron also completed on the other side
than, i spend 2 balls to finish optimus
than small wizard mode with roll out at 69M (lane X2 and PF X2)
than also complete starscream, but only started the 3 others decepticons... (big wizard mode is still far)
finishing at 281M and 108 combos, not bad

Rollout is an awesome mode. It's a half-marathon to get there, but it's great.

#273 8 years ago

I'm in, possibly the most under rated game out there, fast and brutal with easily some of the best sound design I've ever heard in a pin. I opted for the removal of the wire gate and the toy on the right ramp, orbit shots are great.

DSC02615_(resized).JPGDSC02615_(resized).JPG
DSC02616_(resized).JPGDSC02616_(resized).JPG

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

...with easily some of the best sound design I've ever heard in a pin...

+1

as logically, robots sounds & efx fits of course more than well with pinball

#275 8 years ago

Here is an odd fact about this game from Pinside.

56 Pro owners

177 LE owners

I was kind of shocked by this.

#276 8 years ago

Isn't there 1000 le machines, 500 combo 250 auto and 250 cons?

#277 8 years ago

Actually I think it's 500/125/125

#278 8 years ago

I believe not all were made.

#279 8 years ago

I enjoyed my Combo LE but man the Pro is something special with the flow of the ramps being unaffected by the add on's, this game is just as smooth as ST or SM etc. the rules are fun the gameplay is fast as hell and the sound/FX are something special, with a mode running and multi going its a sight to behold, I'm actually blown away a little, why hasn't this game recieved the accolades it deserves? sorry but I've owned Tron and IM and most of the Sterns, TF's easily holds its own and for me beats the majority of those games hands down.

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

....why hasn't this game recieved the accolades it deserves? sorry but I've owned Tron and IM and most of the Sterns, TF's easily holds its own and for me beats the majority of those games hands down.

Mainly due to a lot of people still pissed off because Stern promised a "transforming" robot on the game and they feel they got ripped off by not getting that.

That and a lot of people still consider this game chopping wood to play. I still don't get that argument as hitting the same shot in pinball i pretty common.

Great game and I'm glad it never got any love. That allowed me to pick up an LE for basically current pro prices a year after it was released. Mines bolted to the floor.

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That and a lot of people still consider this game chopping wood to play. I still don't get that argument as hitting the same shot in pinball i pretty common.

Ya, not any more chopping wood than ST is, it is just a harder game than ST I guess.

#282 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Mainly due to a lot of people still pissed off because Stern promised a "transforming" robot on the game and they feel they got ripped off by not getting that.

I knew it would be something like that, the chopping wood thing applies to every pin I've owned, after time what game doesn't start to feel like that? Anyway who cares, TF's is amazing and just a shame that so many will never get to fully experience it, its a really bad trait of a lot of pinheads that games are written off before given the proper chance and yet some other games Tron while fun I believe are over hyped to the level people will buy them and keep them due to the mass appeal.

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Actually I think it's 500/125/125

yes, those are the LE numbers, and no premiums exist. I like the LE due to the fact I like the starscream twitch thing. he's fawked me over so many times, and it's great because it's starscream and that's what he does.

#284 8 years ago

So agree on the Starscream twitch, one of my favorite parts of the game. I removed the Ironhide gate mainly for cosmetic appearance even though it speeds up the flow a touch.

#285 8 years ago

I can understand the "chopping wood" argument to some degree. But as Gov noted, it's not any more or less so than Star Trek. By coincidence, Lonnie Ropp is the software person behind both and they both have similarities in rules design, which either makes Star Trek pro potentially overvalued or Transformers pro undervalued.

#286 8 years ago

Good thing about TF over ST is that it's MUCH easier to start modes for the casual player. That was one complaint my wife had about ST was that she could never hit either of those shots on command which really prevented her from getting to the more fun parts of the game. With TF even the casual player can start modes as nearly every shot on the board counts for progression to start a mode.

#287 8 years ago

Either of the Start Mission shots on Star Trek (especially the under-the-flipper shot) can get old really quickly.

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Good thing about TF over ST is that it's MUCH easier to start modes for the casual player

I much prefer that style as it negates the need for a pause in the action, man this game is fast and furious. If I finish the wizard mode it won't last long, but then again what does?

#289 8 years ago

Spotlights on the slings, fluted dome 555 in toy above the megatron scoop, added a 3 led strip to the cube, nice effect I think. Can't stop playing this game, starting to get my strategy down and figuring out the scoring, good times.

DSC02636_(resized).JPGDSC02636_(resized).JPG

DSC02635_(resized).JPGDSC02635_(resized).JPG

DSC02639_(resized).JPGDSC02639_(resized).JPG

DSC02643_(resized).JPGDSC02643_(resized).JPG

#290 8 years ago

finally, with the noflix active backglass (version 1) :

#291 8 years ago

Have decepticon since new. The clear coat sucked. Started taking it apart to clear coat it. Lot of stuff on this pin. Anyone try clear rubbers?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#292 8 years ago

You can see the clear is just flack ing away.

#293 8 years ago

Yeah, I have clear on my game an love it. Plays about the same as white rubbers but allows the light to go through them a bit.

How bad was the PF stripping? I've got a spare LE PF that was cleared by HSA sitting on my wall. I've been needing to swap it in but I'm not real sure I want to tackle that process anytime soon...

#295 8 years ago

What's the number on your decepticons?

#297 8 years ago

Clear on my combo is fine.

#298 8 years ago

Clear is good on mine too. Even the drain where I see chipping on all my other STERNS seems to be holding up better than most. Clear in those pics from post #292 looks awful though, yikes!

#299 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

What's the number on your decepticons?

#300 8 years ago

Cleared with DuPont chromo clear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.