IMG_0203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230921_124735_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230921_124537 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 TOON PST 1 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 MOVIE PST 1 (resized).jpg
20230305_212253 (resized).jpg
20230305_210325 (resized).jpg
333661056_195116936536825_1559884088788685422_n (resized).jpg
There are 1,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 25.
#201 8 years ago

yup, that's the thread with my custom mod. Should be video footage of it in action somewhere on there too. I've had a lot of requests to make them for other people. but it's so much work, and I pretty much need the game to do it. As every piece had to be custom altered to fit exactly. And the wiring up of the moveable arm was a PIA as well. Even for $500, it wouldn't be worth me doing them.

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

If the rules for the MPF were a bit more fleshed out it would be a lot more fun b/c it is a challenge.

It might depend on how you have your machine set up. I have mine set up with easy scoring and so that it is possible to light special from the Ironhide playfield. I have special set to extra ball and unlimited specials. Maybe I'm a wimp, but now I have an incentive to play Ironhide playfield throughout a good game.

#203 8 years ago

na, special set up for points for me. I have the game set to 1 extra ball

So if you remove the control gate and the ball drains out while in Ironhide mode, does the flipper power return when the ball reaches the switch on the return ramp?

#204 8 years ago

Hi transformers owners! Just wondering is the pro reliable? I am thinking about getting one to route but need it super dependable. Heard some stuff about the megatron trough. Cheers

#205 8 years ago

if your game is angled right, you won't have problems. I don't have any problems with mine. Plus I think they fixed the code to allow it to kind of flick itself to line the balls up if it doesn't see them all.

#206 8 years ago

the ultimate solution is of course to first set the lock on "virtual", but than also remove the 3 switches in the rack, its these who sometimes block/retain ball (the small trigger of the switch) when you put 3 or 4 of them in there (not happend often, lets admit)

#207 8 years ago

I've had my TFLE since 2012 and never a megatron ball stick.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I've had my TFLE since 2012 and never a megatron ball stick.

Same here - never had one stick in Megatron. I've had a stuck ball only three times on the rest of the playfield since buying mine NIB when it came out.

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Same here - never had one stick in Megatron. I've had a stuck ball only three times on the rest of the playfield since buying mine NIB when it came out.

Same here but put them on route and watch what happens

#210 8 years ago

On occasion, I have a ball stick in Megatron. However, a little shaking of the machine takes care of it. If players don't know to shake, a ball clear takes care of it, resulting in an unexpected multi-ball.

A pro should be very reliable. It certainly has two less things (Starscream turnaround and Ironhide playfield) that can break. Plus, the ramps on the pro have good flow (especially the boomerang Starscream ramp) where the LE has more of a stop-and-go feel to the ramps.

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Same here but put them on route and watch what happens

Lol. so very true. it's amazing how beat up route games get. combine that with how different everyone plays pinball. I swear some of the ways I've seen people play just boggle my mind...

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

na, special set up for points for me. I have the game set to 1 extra ball
So if you remove the control gate and the ball drains out while in Ironhide mode, does the flipper power return when the ball reaches the switch on the return ramp?

Yes. Power returns to the flippers. You can shoot the ball back into the Ironhide mini PF to cont with it as long as the timer hasn't expired. Only difference is this time the flippers will keep their power going now, which is kind of annoying but works just fine. Removing the gate makes achieiving the awards much more difficult. It also speeds up that ramp a lot. One bonus to is that if the allspark is ready, you can extend the timer of the mini PF mode by letting the ball out of it and shooting the allspark to get the "add more time" award.

#213 8 years ago

I've only ever played transformers on route an don't know the game without the ball getting stuck in megatron, that goes for, LE an pro version, that's the one of the reasons that's held me back about getting one, because I think this game is awsome, would totally love to play a home use one, with out the hang ups, autobots roll out!!!

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

I've only ever played transformers on route an don't know the game without the ball getting stuck in megatron, that goes for, LE an pro version, that's the one of the reasons that's held me back about getting one, because I think this game is awsome, would totally love to play a home use one, with out the hang ups, autobots roll out!!!

i'm sure in your neck of the woods, they are hard to come by in homes.

#215 8 years ago

So this happened....

20160106_214042_(resized).jpg20160106_214042_(resized).jpg

#216 8 years ago

Quadruple Elwin!

#217 8 years ago

any tips on how I should put the sound settings on my transformers pro?
I want the voices to be louder (than the music).
Especially in this game the voices are sometimes very silent, so you don't understand them.
I already installed pinballpro speakers, which is better.
There are several settings -> spi -> music volume
tf game -> music volume
tf game -> speech volume

my experience with other sterns is that the number works opposite (minus means higher volume, higher number means lower volume),
so on my other pinballs, mostly I put the speech volume on -6 or something, so the speech is just a bit louder than the music (and better to understand).
But on transformers it doesn't seem to change much higher or lower seems all the same to me... (maybe these settings not programmed?)

#218 8 years ago

Yes, I can also agree that theese settings don´t change anything (TFLE). On my TWD it works like expected. Music +9 means Music will be reduced by 9.

Workaround: Use pinballbrowser and reduce the volume of the songs

#219 8 years ago

Installed speaker lights and custom mirror blades. The blades are a tight fit and just barely can squeeze by the screws. I'm afraid to try and tighten the screws any more as I just don't think they will go completely flush no matter what.

WP_20160117_00_04_55_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160117_00_04_55_Pro_(resized).jpg

WP_20160117_00_02_11_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160117_00_02_11_Pro_(resized).jpg

WP_20160117_00_04_49_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160117_00_04_49_Pro_(resized).jpg

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

any tips on how I should put the sound settings on my transformers pro?
I want the voices to be louder (than the music).
Especially in this game the voices are sometimes very silent, so you don't understand them.
I already installed pinballpro speakers, which is better.
There are several settings -> spi -> music volume
tf game -> music volume
tf game -> speech volume
my experience with other sterns is that the number works opposite (minus means higher volume, higher number means lower volume),
so on my other pinballs, mostly I put the speech volume on -6 or something, so the speech is just a bit louder than the music (and better to understand).
But on transformers it doesn't seem to change much higher or lower seems all the same to me... (maybe these settings not programmed?)

I got the flipper fidelity kit because my 24 sounded awesome with it. When it came I adjusted sound to natch my 24 numbers but it sounded nothing like my 24. So I did some experimenting. In menu where there's only adjustment for music I set to +2..... in menu where there's adjustment for music and speech I put both at -30......wow talk about hearing voices and sound effects.....I mean wow what a differrence....might not be final adjustment but this is right direc tion.

#221 8 years ago

Experimenting more I decided to disable my Optimus motor. I love the way the game plays with this disabled, however it seems there's no Optimus multiball now. Can I disable the motor and still get Optimus multiball?

#222 8 years ago

Last night I had something weird happen.

Playing as autobot. I had fast score mode running and bumblebee robot mode (not Double score)

I just had one shot for bumblebee to complete the mode.

I missed to the right and ball went up into ironhide playfield. The gate held the ball until both modes timed out and then a ball search kicked the gate open to let the ball out.

I've occasionally had a ball stick in the iron hide playfield. And a ball search will give ya the ball back.

But it was strange that a ball search didn't kick in until after the modes timed out.

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Installed speaker lights and custom mirror blades. The blades are a tight fit and just barely can squeeze by the screws. I'm afraid to try and tighten the screws any more as I just don't think they will go completely flush no matter what.

WP_20160117_00_04_55_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160117_00_02_11_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160117_00_04_49_Pro_(resized).jpg

Those look really good. Wish they were still sling them.

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Experimenting more I decided to disable my Optimus motor. I love the way the game plays with this disabled, however it seems there's no Optimus multiball now. Can I disable the motor and still get Optimus multiball?

I couldn't see ever doing that. I love bashing Optimus, flasher hits with that bong noise and the ramdon chaos of where will the ball go.

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Those look really good. Wish they were still sling them.

I think they print to order which is why their shipping can be pretty slow but it makes no sense to discontinue them.

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I think they print to order which is why their shipping can be pretty slow but it makes no sense to discontinue them.

They took them off of their site.

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

no, the game does not compensate when optimus switch is not being registered

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I couldn't see ever doing that. I love bashing Optimus, flasher hits with that bong noise and the ramdon chaos of where will the ball go.

Yes love that bong type sound from hitting optimus, just experimenting. Probably gonna go back the other way. Still fun to try though, definatly gives it different feel to it.

#230 8 years ago

So, those of you that have modified the ironhide mpf, did you remove the entire gate assembly, coil and all?

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

So, those of you that have modified the ironhide mpf, did you remove the entire gate assembly, coil and all?

I found there was no easy way to remove it. Is there something in particular you are trying to fix or change? I was able to remove the pivot from the coil mount (screws) and thus avoid removing the entire coil assembly.

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

y would you turn off the skip ramp?

Initially I turned it off just to see how it played. I also was worried about damage considering I bought the machine new and thought the crazy ball action might damage things over time. When I first turned it off I thought I'd still be able to achieve optimus multiball. It plays pretty different with it disabled, kinda cool but with no Optimus multiball definatly not keeping it that way. With the adjustments to the sound as stated above I'm absolutely loving this machine.

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I found there was no easy way to remove it. Is there something in particular you are trying to fix or change? I was able to remove the pivot from the coil mount (screws) and thus avoid removing the entire coil assembly.

I just find it ugly and blocks the view a bit so I was just going to remove the entire assembly. I have taken the entire MPF out before so I am not too worried about it. Was just seeing if anybody else had done the same.

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I just find it ugly and blocks the view a bit so I was just going to remove the entire assembly. I have taken the entire MPF out before so I am not too worried about it. Was just seeing if anybody else had done the same.

What is your plan? Replace with Pro ramp? (The Pro ramp certainly flows a lot better.)

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Yes, a lot of us have removed the gate completely. Hardest part is unclipping the harness that goes under the mini PF.

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

What is your plan? Replace with Pro ramp? (The Pro ramp certainly flows a lot better.)

Nope, just removing the gate to increase flow. I don't think the Pro ramp would even fit on the LE, but I could be wrong. That would be an interesting mod.

#237 8 years ago

I'm tempted to pull the gate also. It would make the mini-pf more challenging and didn't someone mention you could set it to reward an extra ball? That would be worth going for also.

#238 8 years ago

It rewards a special, and i have special set to extra ball.

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I'm tempted to pull the gate also. It would make the mini-pf more challenging and didn't someone mention you could set it to reward an extra ball? That would be worth going for also.

Highly recommended mod. That Mini PF is way to easy with it. Adds a lot of challenge to that PF now which makes it more fun and rewarding. It also speeds up the flow of the ball getting back to the flippers on a normal ramp shot.

I also have Special set to an extra ball for that same reason as Rickwh.

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Highly recommended mod. That Mini PF is way to easy with it. Adds a lot of challenge to that PF now which makes it more fun and rewarding. It also speeds up the flow of the ball getting back to the flippers on a normal ramp shot.
I also have Special set to an extra ball for that same reason as Rickwh.

Are you talking disable gate or total removal?

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Are you talking disable gate or total removal?

Total removal.

#242 8 years ago

Anyone that removed recall the steps for a brief overview? I think I am going to next weekend do it.

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Anyone that removed recall the steps for a brief overview? I think I am going to next weekend do it.

Nevermind, doing it now and its just a couple wire ties to snip.

#244 8 years ago

why do you need to remove it? Couldn't you just adjust the gate opener so it always holds the gate open? Not sure how the mech is setup as I never screwed with mine.

#245 8 years ago

Ya, it looks a lot better without it. And is a piece of cake to remove.

#246 8 years ago

I'm dense but finally get it. You want to remove the gate because:
1) you do not like the flow disruption, and
2) it is so big that you find it blocks the view of other stuff, like the red mini playfield design.

#247 8 years ago

3) too easy with it

#248 8 years ago

Check out what I just got! What a fun game. Its a pro and I took out the left gate so I can complete both orbit shots.

The good to the gate removal is that the game is very fast and shoots great. The only bad part to some may be is that now if you shoot the right orbit and it goes around to the left orbit you get credit for both shots (it thinks the gate is there and that it went back around) but not the other way around. So some may consider it cheating, but hey its a long game so I'm not too worried.

I actually got to and beat sentinel prime starting from the decepticons side. It was quite a rush....

20160104_205408_(resized).jpg20160104_205408_(resized).jpg

20160115_090717_(resized).jpg20160115_090717_(resized).jpg

20160115_090727_(resized).jpg20160115_090727_(resized).jpg

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I tried that too and realized i could not get the multiball. Only about 50% of my shots hit. I went through the bottom and adjusted the microswitch so it works with any hit and its much more satisfying...

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

I tried that too and realized i could not get the multiball. Only about 50% of my shots hit. I went through the bottom and adjusted the microswitch so it works with any hit and its much more satisfying...

I switched back due to the no Optimus multiball. Also as stated above the cool sounds he makes. Speaking of sound. When I first discovered this game it was in a boardwalk arcade. Couldn't really hear the sound with the other games and noise. However I loved the look and gameplay an d knew I had to have one. When I finally located one and brought it home, my first thought of disappointment was with the sound. I thought to myself while playing my first couple games the sound was lacking and kinda bland compared to the rest of the machine. For christmas my wife bought me flipper fidelity speakers and I have to say.......holy f'n shit......this thing rocks......I played some games last night and it was pure bliss. Sound really brings it all together for this pin, and this pin really has some of the best sound in pinball imho. I plan on adding new speakers to all my stern pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 1,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.