IMG_0203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230921_124735_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230921_124537 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 TOON PST 1 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 MOVIE PST 1 (resized).jpg
20230305_212253 (resized).jpg
20230305_210325 (resized).jpg
333661056_195116936536825_1559884088788685422_n (resized).jpg
There are 1,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 25.
#1051 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If it's an LE, they came with LEDs

I changed out the LEDs in my LE from the 1 square kind to the 2 square kind and it made a world of difference.

#1052 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I changed out the LEDs in my LE from the 1 square kind to the 2 square kind and it made a world of difference.

I did notice those and was thinking of doing the same. They kinda look like early led technology

#1053 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I did notice those and was thinking of doing the same. They kinda look like early led technology
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"0ad622f801e6f3dc590e80a9161cdc41cf76fe3c-1629753393-1800"};
//]]>

They are early LEDs.

#1054 2 years ago

The game I'm working on had the issue that the Allspark flasher would be ON all the time. Found out it was wired wrong on the socket, and also Q32 was shorted so I replaced it. Fuse 10 (f10) was blown and had a wire wrapped around it, so it would still "work". After replacing this broken fuse with a fresh 5A slow blow, it immediately blew. Anyone got an idea?

20210827_212318 (resized).jpg20210827_212318 (resized).jpg
#1055 2 years ago

Yes, make a “5 amp fuse breaker” until the problem is resolved to save fuses. Perhaps check other items around/ in same circuit around q32? Bad socket, wires touching at the socket?

“Wired wrong at the socket” concerns me.

Disconnect the socket, see if fuse still blows?

Are you certain the fuse blew because q32 was shorted? I mean, did you test the bad trans. once removed from circuit?

#1056 2 years ago

Previous issue is fixed (some shorted out stuff), on to the next one!

The Megatron through is driving me nuts.. It keeps losing the balls. I know there is a fix by putting washers between it and the playfield, but my issue seems to be the exact opposite. If I lift the playfield a bit, the balls roll on top of the switches. So if my understanding is correct, putting washers there is only making my issue worse.

What can I do?

20210902_214433 (resized).jpg20210902_214433 (resized).jpg
#1057 2 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Previous issue is fixed (some shorted out stuff), on to the next one!
The Megatron through is driving me nuts.. It keeps losing the balls. I know there is a fix by putting washers between it and the playfield, but my issue seems to be the exact opposite. If I lift the playfield a bit, the balls roll on top of the switches. So if my understanding is correct, putting washers there is only making my issue worse.
What can I do?[quoted image]

I went thru this for weeks when I got my game. I tried multiple setups with washers on the front , back, all combos in between. What fixed it for me was spraying the trough switches with contact cleaner and working them for a bit.
All the time I was adjusting, it was really the switches sticking and not recognizing the position of the balls in the trough. It's been spot on since and it feels so good playing now that it works right.Good luck!

#1058 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I went thru this for weeks when I got my game. I tried multiple setups with washers on the front , back, all combos in between. What fixed it for me was spraying the trough switches with contact cleaner and working them for a bit.
All the time I was adjusting, it was really the switches sticking and not recognizing the position of the balls in the trough. It's been spot on since and it feels so good playing now that it works right.Good luck!

Thanks! Haven't thought yet about cleaning the switches. I'll give that a try because the washer thing alone did not solve it.

When I put the washers on the side towards me, the balls don't roll down to the upkicker. When I put the washers on the other side, the balls get jammed on top of the upkicker.. The pitch of the game is about 7".

#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Thanks! Haven't thought yet about cleaning the switches. I'll give that a try because the washer thing alone did not solve it.
When I put the washers on the side towards me, the balls don't roll down to the upkicker. When I put the washers on the other side, the balls get jammed on top of the upkicker.. The pitch of the game is about 7".

UPDATE: FIXED!

After a lot of adjusting of the switches and moving washers around, I had enough of it and replaced all 3 microswitches.
While it did not fix the issue, I saw that it worked a lot better than it did before.
With a bit of adjusting there was not even a need to use washers, it works every time now!
The 4th ball will sometimes jam the through, but the opto sees it and the little movement of the coil makes the final ball fall into place too.
All 4 balls are perfectly on top of the switches, and push them enough to make them "work".
Lets hope it stays that way haha.

Thanks everyone!

#1060 2 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

When I put the washers on the side towards me, the balls don't roll down to the upkicker. When I put the washers on the other side, the balls get jammed on top of the upkicker.. The pitch of the game is about 7".</blockquote

UPDATE: FIXED!
After a lot of adjusting of the switches and moving washers around, I had enough of it and replaced all 3 microswitches.
While it did not fix the issue, I saw that it worked a lot better than it did before.
With a bit of adjusting there was not even a need to use washers, it works every time now!
The 4th ball will sometimes jam the through, but the opto sees it and the little movement of the coil makes the final ball fall into place too.
All 4 balls are perfectly on top of the switches, and push them enough to make them "work".
Lets hope it stays that way haha.
Thanks everyone!

Awesome. For me, it still feels good every time I make that shot and it actually works

1 week later
#1061 2 years ago

Hope no one minds me posting this here…

I have a beautiful Autobot LE that I’m going to post on pinside for sale by this weekend. Just have to take some better photos and create the ad.

Just wondering if anyone here is interested.

PM me if you are.

In the meantime here are some pics I had on my phone;
118051A4-879B-4126-ACB9-F88B04E730ED (resized).png118051A4-879B-4126-ACB9-F88B04E730ED (resized).png

9E740473-E168-4214-A9DA-CCCD27A60E59 (resized).jpeg9E740473-E168-4214-A9DA-CCCD27A60E59 (resized).jpeg

2646698E-AA7F-43D5-B21B-1C4EE4DF9F88 (resized).png2646698E-AA7F-43D5-B21B-1C4EE4DF9F88 (resized).png

642D8E6E-2F81-49A6-BBBD-9A6DF4AEA48F (resized).png642D8E6E-2F81-49A6-BBBD-9A6DF4AEA48F (resized).png5DF2E24A-9E50-420E-8C4B-0511B68C30B1 (resized).png5DF2E24A-9E50-420E-8C4B-0511B68C30B1 (resized).png16BCC85B-02E2-48DD-A35C-0CE80FA78643 (resized).png16BCC85B-02E2-48DD-A35C-0CE80FA78643 (resized).png
#1062 2 years ago
77C8AAAC-0332-4E75-B319-E1E5C50F5549 (resized).png77C8AAAC-0332-4E75-B319-E1E5C50F5549 (resized).png
#1063 2 years ago

I miss being in this club

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I miss being in this club

It’s a great game and I always talk myself out of selling it but I have to this time.

#1065 2 years ago

In case anyone is interested or knows someone that is... here's the link to my ad with freshly added high quality pics.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/121075

2 weeks later
#1067 2 years ago

It looks really cool with speaker lights in each color too

IMG_20210721_134445742 (resized).jpgIMG_20210721_134445742 (resized).jpg

#1068 2 years ago

Did you have to cut around the LE plaque?

Quoted from yzfguy:

It looks really cool with speaker lights in each color too
[quoted image]

#1069 2 years ago
Quoted from AirWolfNH:

Did you have to cut around the LE plaque?

I got the game with it already installed but the plaque looks to have been removed and screwed on top of this piece

1 week later
#1070 2 years ago

Anyone have a cool alternate translite for the pro?

#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from ICEGUY:

I'd consider an alternate for the LE too... Way too busy and you can't really tell what your looking at.

#1072 2 years ago
Quoted from ICEGUY:

The Pro translite is actually the only one that I can stand.

1 month later
#1073 2 years ago

Crazy fun Fast Scoring. Last few games before it's going to a new home...

2 weeks later
#1074 2 years ago

Just want to give a big shout out to Andy at Rocket City Pinball for the awesome Start button and Coin Reject buttons he did for me for my Transformers LE Combo!

20211229_002723 (resized).jpg20211229_002723 (resized).jpg20211229_002743 (resized).jpg20211229_002743 (resized).jpg20211229_002828 (resized).jpg20211229_002828 (resized).jpg
#1075 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Just want to give a big shout out to Andy at Rocket City Pinball for the awesome Start button and Coin Reject buttons he did for me for my Transformers LE Combo![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man... Those look super nice. If I wasn't getting ready to move mine to buy Rush, I'd be sinking even more money into it!

#1076 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Just want to give a big shout out to Andy at Rocket City Pinball for the awesome Start button and Coin Reject buttons he did for me for my Transformers LE Combo![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the shoutout, they look great!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05676-3d-start-button-transformers
and
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05677-3d-coin-reject-buttons-transformers
if anyone is interested.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Man... Those look super nice. If I wasn't getting ready to move mine to buy Rush, I'd be sinking even more money into it!

Don't worry I've got you covered there too
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05567-3d-start-button-rush
and
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05575-3d-coin-reject-buttons-rush

2 weeks later
#1078 2 years ago

Joined the club a couple weeks ago with a HUO TF Pro. LEDs, shaker kit, colorDMD, speaker lights, and a couple playfield spotlights installed. Also got the Pinnovators board and hooked to my Polk sub... holy cow, what an experience. The best audio I've experienced on a game, plus the shaker which adds to the madness. Yeah, it's hard as hell to complete the modes but I'll keep practicing.

The shots are a blast and I'm loving this game. That music sure sticks in your head too.

tf 1 (resized).jpgtf 1 (resized).jpg
#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from noiseprisoner:

Yeah, it's hard as hell to complete the modes but I'll keep practicing.

This is the benchmark in how well a pinball machine should sound. Our master David Thiel at his finest.

I recommend cranking up the mode timers to the max. Still hard as hell but you usually nail them on the second try.

1 week later
#1080 2 years ago

Would this make for the greatest Transformers topper ever?⬇️

https://www.motor1.com/news/500567/hasbro-pulse-optimus-prime-transforms/

Too bad it's so expensive. You gotta admit though, that thing is pretty darn cool.

#1081 2 years ago

My son who is a huge Transformers collector had preordered this, but came to his senses and realized it was a whole lot of money. Plus I have the Decepticon LE so would want Megatron as a topper.

Quoted from Pinfidel:

Would this make for the greatest Transformers topper ever?⬇️
https://www.motor1.com/news/500567/hasbro-pulse-optimus-prime-transforms/
Too bad it's so expensive. You gotta admit though, that thing is pretty darn cool.

#1082 2 years ago

Hey Wolf.

Yeah, at $700 they were ridiculously expensive, but now that they're sold out, they're selling for $1,600. That would've been a great profit, but man...that is crazy!

2 weeks later
#1083 2 years ago

WANTED: Plastics set
ITEM DESCRIPTION
Looking to purchase plastics for a Transformers LE game. Specifically; 1) red plastic over skids and mudflap on the right side of machine, and 2) clear plastic over super skill shot behind cannon. Looking to purchase those two specific pieces if anyone has those left over from a set or the entire set if someone no longer needs. Trying to avoid buying the entire new set from a distributor but will do so if necessary.

2 months later
#1084 1 year ago

Hey all I ran across some interesting videos on Youtube about the making of Transformers and I found it really interesting with lots of information.

If you have not seen it-check it out...

1 week later
#1085 1 year ago

I played a friends Transformers LE today and noticed the tilting right upper playfield mech has become quite lazy in operation. In coil test the right coil moves the mech quite well but the left coil is pretty weak. I re-seated the coil connector but without my tools I couldn't do much more. Has anyone come across this before? I'm thinking maybe a mushroomed coil plunger, coil stop or sleeve. Any pointers welcome, it looks quite tricky to dismantle. From below the playfield it looks like removing a few nuts will release the whole mech but there's a fragile looking ribbon cable going from it through the backboard to a small pcb.

#1086 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I played a friends Transformers LE today and noticed the tilting right upper playfield mech has become quite lazy in operation. In coil test the right coil moves the mech quite well but the left coil is pretty weak. I re-seated the coil connector but without my tools I couldn't do much more. Has anyone come across this before? I'm thinking maybe a mushroomed coil plunger, coil stop or sleeve. Any pointers welcome, it looks quite tricky to dismantle. From below the playfield it looks like removing a few nuts will release the whole mech but there's a fragile looking ribbon cable going from it through the backboard to a small pcb.

I’d check to see if it’s rubbing the backboard if you haven’t already. The iron hide toy could be rubbing when the miniplayfield goes left? But yeah also could be coil stop or plunger or sleeve.

1 week later
#1087 1 year ago

Joined the club this weekend. Fantastic game! Has anyone made a good sound package for this game in the past?

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Joined the club this weekend. Fantastic game! Has anyone made a good sound package for this game in the past?

The sound package that comes with the game was probably my favorite thing about that game!

#1089 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The sound package that comes with the game was probably my favorite thing about that game!

I enjoy the actual sounds. I wouldn't mind some of the movie soundtracks being in the game.

3 months later
#1090 1 year ago

I just picked up a Transformers to fix up and fine tune for a buddy. And I'm looking for a picture of what's going on on the right size of the captive ball. It looks like some sort of ball guide is suppose to go in the slot there, but on this one it has a crude post added in. Could anyone take a picture of that area or direct me to one?

Thanks.

#1091 1 year ago

Another question for owners, does the Bumblebee car in the captive ball add anything to the game? This one is trashed and Im wondering if I should try and replace it, or just remove it and leave it as a traditional captive ball.

#1092 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Another question for owners, does the Bumblebee car in the captive ball add anything to the game? This one is trashed and Im wondering if I should try and replace it, or just remove it and leave it as a traditional captive ball.

It is the Bumblebee shot....

As for using a captive ball, has anyone tried that? I don't know if the area is too wide for it to be successful or not.

As for the car, my car had lost its hood after about 2,000 plays. I bought a few replacements just to have on hand.

#1093 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It is the Bumblebee shot....
As for using a captive ball, has anyone tried that? I don't know if the area is too wide for it to be successful or not.
As for the car, my car had lost its hood after about 2,000 plays. I bought a few replacements just to have on hand.

Is there not normally a loose ball in there? In mine (or the one Im working on) there is the trapped ball, a loose ball and then the car. I do get that it makes sense thematically. Where did you find replacements, out of curiosity?

#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Is there not normally a loose ball in there? In mine (or the one Im working on) there is the trapped ball, a loose ball and then the car. I do get that it makes sense thematically. Where did you find replacements, out of curiosity?

Can the loose ball go far enough to hit the switch?
435E5DF4-DD23-4D34-99FB-79CD98FC3730 (resized).jpeg435E5DF4-DD23-4D34-99FB-79CD98FC3730 (resized).jpeg

#1095 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Pretty sure the loose ball and the captive ball is correct, mine has both as well. If the picture above isn't enough, let me know and I'll try take a pic of the area on mine.

I have searched stores for a replacement but no luck.. I'm sure there are some out there.

#1096 1 year ago
Quoted from JMitchell147:

Pretty sure the loose ball and the captive ball is correct, mine has both as well. If the picture above isn't enough, let me know and I'll try take a pic of the area on mine.
I have searched stores for a replacement but no luck.. I'm sure there are some out there.

It’s just a hot wheels car in there.

#1097 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can the loose ball go far enough to hit the switch?

I feel like it is narrower than the car, so it should make it all the way. I'll probably just leave it as is until/if I can find a proper replacement car.

Would you be able to take a picture of the right side of the captive ball area, the ball guide between the captive ball and the right ramp please?

#1098 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I feel like it is narrower than the car, so it should make it all the way. I'll probably just leave it as is until/if I can find a proper replacement car.
Would you be able to take a picture of the right side of the captive ball area, the ball guide between the captive ball and the right ramp please?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/880-6141-00

#1099 1 year ago

Well, I went to tighten up a starpost and ended up coming up with a better solution for my captive ball area.

I'll probably end up trying to cut some lexan to replace or supplement the ball guides in the area when I do a full teardown. Though I'll probably need a better idea of what theyre supposed to look like. But I think its an improvement.

20220923_230554 (resized).jpg20220923_230554 (resized).jpg20220923_234702 (resized).jpg20220923_234702 (resized).jpg
#1100 1 year ago

Sorry, didn't get back into this thread for a few days.

Your last pics gave me a good idea of what you are looking at. Unfortunately mine is an LE and the ramp sits a bit different. The ramp isn't connected to the guides, but mine doesn't have holes for the posts you put in. The guides look the same as yours further up, just the front piece looks different. Sorry, this probably doesn't help much but hopefully a bit. I have more pics of the area if needed, but not sure they'll help.

20220929_183324 (resized).jpg20220929_183324 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.