IMG_0203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230921_124735_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230921_124537 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 TOON PST 1 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 MOVIE PST 1 (resized).jpg
20230305_212253 (resized).jpg
20230305_210325 (resized).jpg
333661056_195116936536825_1559884088788685422_n (resized).jpg
There are 1,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 25.
#801 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

On my LE he will catch some airballs.

I got an Autobot Le. I haven’t found something that looks good to stop that, yet.

#802 5 years ago

I doubt their is anything. Not sure about yours but mine feels like the coils for the flippers are a bit overpowered for the game. When I finally get the game back (friend is storing until our house is ready) I'm going to put some weaker coils on it. I just did this on my Tron and it made it play SO MUCH better. I'll see how it does on TF.

For starscream I put a piece of door weatherstripping in the back corner which helped with balls getting stuck back their when he diverts the ball to the left lane. Not sure if yours gets stuck their or not too.

#803 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I doubt their is anything. Not sure about yours but mine feels like the coils for the flippers are a bit overpowered for the game. When I finally get the game back (friend is storing until our house is ready) I'm going to put some weaker coils on it. I just did this on my Tron and it made it play SO MUCH better. I'll see how it does on TF.
For starscream I put a piece of door weatherstripping in the back corner which helped with balls getting stuck back their when he diverts the ball to the left lane. Not sure if yours gets stuck their or not too.

Yeah, I had a piece of door weatherstripping to do the same thing as I often have them get stuck in the corner when they fall off Starscream. Unfortunately lost the damn piece of rubber before I installed so have to get another one.. I don't mind the ball going off there, it is intentional, just pisses me off when it sticks in the corner and I lose a ball getting it out. I even got super long foreceps to install the rubber easier, just my kids did something with the rubber before I got there.

As for Ironhide, I've only had the ball get stuck up on him once ever in the year I've had the game. So not much of a problem for me. I've had the ball get stuck on Megatron exactly once as well but no idea how it did that one.

#804 5 years ago

I got some parts from pinball life and made basically a really long post that is screwed into the wood side rail. It sticks up in the corner where the ball got stuck on starscreams far front left platform. 100% keeps the ball from getting stuck there.

Also have some pinball foam on the rail itself so when the ball falls off the left side it will roll off into the left orbit lane 100%

I can take some pics and get a part list together if anyone is interested.

#805 5 years ago

Found a post in this thread where I had pics and what I did already.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club/page/11#post-3580806

#806 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Please post your findings on a different coil. I think that would help. Airballs are an issue. I made a post behind Megatron with a rubber ring to keep balls out of there. Helps a lot.

#807 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Please post your findings on a different coil. I think that would help. Airballs are an issue. I made a post behind Megatron with a rubber ring to keep balls out of there. Helps a lot.

Will do. Will be a couple months though as my house isn't scheduled to close till mid Feb. Then the fun part of moving 6 machines upstairs starts

Quoted from Rickwh:

Found a post in this thread where I had pics and what I did already.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club/page/11#post-3580806

Dang, forgot about this. I'll have to do that for sure.

#808 5 years ago

Finally got some illuminated flipper buttons from Comet for my Combo LE. Love the way they look. And took like 2 mins to install.

6B06B943-AD2F-48E3-8444-85500396E024 (resized).jpeg6B06B943-AD2F-48E3-8444-85500396E024 (resized).jpeg9BBF7D68-28AF-4DC1-854E-A74E45BCA39D (resized).jpeg9BBF7D68-28AF-4DC1-854E-A74E45BCA39D (resized).jpeg
#809 5 years ago

I’m In The club

#810 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Finally got some illuminated flipper buttons from Comet for my Combo LE. Love the way they look. And took like 2 mins to install.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice.. they look good.. I have illuminated buttons on my LE combo to but I think mine are both red.. yours are a better match!

#811 5 years ago
Quoted from JMitchell147:

Nice.. they look good.. I have illuminated buttons on my LE combo to but I think mine are both red.. yours are a better match!

Thanks!
Just switch the one side with a purple, JOIN ME
https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smdflex.htm

1 week later
#812 5 years ago

Ever since I installed my cliffy for the megatron scoop, I’ve had ball hang ups when the ball comes down the super skill shot lane into the back of Megatron. Lived with it for a while now. Tried putting layers of Mylar back there to make a ramp up over the edge of the cliffy. Sorta worked.

Finally took the time to tear all that topside apart and I modified the cliffy by cutting out the right hand side of it. I put a layer of Mylar over the edge of the scoop hole directly on the play field.

Haven’t had a ball hang up since.

First game after getting the machine back in place I completed roll out and collected the jackpot on ball 1. Unfortunately I had doublers on all shots but the damn all spark shot where you collect the jackpot... By the end of the game I had completed all the modes but my nemesis mode devastator . For some reason in that mode I just can’t hit shots anymore. It’s a mental block.

Still come back to this game and have fun with it. Underrated for sure.

#813 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ever since I installed my cliffy for the megatron scoop, I’ve had ball hang ups when the ball comes down the super skill shot lane into the back of Megatron. Lived with it for a while now. Tried putting layers of Mylar back there to make a ramp up over the edge of the cliffy. Sorta worked.
Finally took the time to tear all that topside apart and I modified the cliffy by cutting out the right hand side of it. I put a layer of Mylar over the edge of the scoop hole directly on the play field.
Haven’t had a ball hang up since.
First game after getting the machine back in place I completed roll out and collected the jackpot on ball 1. Unfortunately I had doublers on all shots but the damn all spark shot where you collect the jackpot... By the end of the game I had completed all the modes but my nemesis mode devastator . For some reason in that mode I just can’t hit shots anymore. It’s a mental block.
Still come back to this game and have fun with it. Underrated for sure.

Next time I travel to Fairmont for work you gotta show me how to play. I’ve yet to get Roll Out or Hail Megatron after a year of owning this machine.

#814 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Next time I travel to Fairmont for work you gotta show me how to play. I’ve yet to get Roll Out or Hail Megatron after a year of owning this machine.

Sounds good. Gimme a shout next time you are in the area.

2 weeks later
#815 5 years ago

Finallllllllllly!
Was able to get into All Hail Megatron, beat it, then start completing the other side of the board. Best day ever!

Decepticons or die!

4E7ED44E-4664-42FE-B381-703210CD53E7 (resized).jpeg4E7ED44E-4664-42FE-B381-703210CD53E7 (resized).jpegA078A875-D5FD-4923-AFBB-0A79583EF2ED (resized).jpegA078A875-D5FD-4923-AFBB-0A79583EF2ED (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#816 5 years ago

It's not about who you are but who you know. Just snagged this beautiful LE PF, never installed in a game. In a box, standing straight up in the closet away from the sun. Someday.... : )!

20190217_115525 (resized).jpg20190217_115525 (resized).jpg20190217_115626 (resized).jpg20190217_115626 (resized).jpg20190217_115634 (resized).jpg20190217_115634 (resized).jpg20190217_115703 (resized).jpg20190217_115703 (resized).jpg

#817 5 years ago

I've been making my own art blades for some of my games. Made and installed a transformers set the other day, I have an Epson ultra pro gallery printer, and I got a roll of fat head like material -Pretty happy with how they turned out.

pinside (resized).jpgpinside (resized).jpgpinside1 (resized).jpgpinside1 (resized).jpgpinside2 (resized).jpgpinside2 (resized).jpg
#818 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

I've been making my own art blades for some of my games. Made and installed a transformers set the other day, I have an Epson ultra pro gallery printer, and I got a roll of fat head like material -Pretty happy with how they turned out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like how you used the animated version. I would love to retheme this whole game as the 80s version.

#819 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It's not about who you are but who you know. Just snagged this beautiful LE PF, never installed in a game. In a box, standing straight up in the closet away from the sun. Someday.... : )!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice find. I have one as well that HSA did a clear coat job too. One day, I'll find the time to swap it in.

#820 5 years ago

I'm playing pinball before work from now on. Holy shit!!!

20190221_074241 (resized).jpg20190221_074241 (resized).jpg
#821 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Finallllllllllly!
Was able to get into All Hail Megatron, beat it, then start completing the other side of the board. Best day ever!
Decepticons or die!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Get a color DMD in your game.

It does wonders for the video clips.

I went with the Color LED...to each their own!

#822 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Get a color DMD in your game.
It does wonders for the video clips.
I went with the Color LED...to each their own!

Yeah I want a color DMD bad, I just get the shakes and close the order screen every time I see the $400 total

#823 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Yeah I want a color DMD bad, I just get the shakes and close the order screen every time I see the $400 total

Mines got one and the total was closer to 650$ Cad before it gets here. Well worth it best mod ever.

#824 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Go for the color LED...only starts with a 3.

Transformers is a definite must for Color DMD.

#825 5 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Mines got one and the total was closer to 650$ Cad before it gets here. Well worth it best mod ever.

Yeah....this.
The price tag stops me

#826 5 years ago

All 3 of my games have color did support that people rave about. So my problem is that I can't just get it for one... id have to get 3. So 1200 is not trivial.

#827 5 years ago

Its a tiny mod but I like it. Thanks Aurich for making these!

2C4AB030-C1FC-4CEC-B62B-62A55768811C (resized).jpeg2C4AB030-C1FC-4CEC-B62B-62A55768811C (resized).jpegB35F1E19-429E-42CA-80A4-7B837F61286C (resized).jpegB35F1E19-429E-42CA-80A4-7B837F61286C (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#828 5 years ago

So I am soon to be back in the club...Excited TF Autobots LE is coming home again...

#829 5 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

So I am soon to be back in the club...Excited TF Autobots LE is coming home again...

Welcome back, I have had an Autobots LE for about a year. Really enjoy it. Tilt toppers mod and color dmd makes it flat beautiful. Multi balls are a lot of fun.

4 weeks later
#830 4 years ago

Transformers Sound. So in some modes my game GI flashes to the music. Is this normal ? There are also modes where the GI flashes with scoring, I think this is normal. Just checking thinking about reloading software
Scott

#831 4 years ago

Yes, this is normal. TF is a very flashy game like that.

4 weeks later
#832 4 years ago

I am back in the club. Snagged a Pro this time. Don’t see them pop up for sale much anymore. Looking forward to having this one back.

1 week later
#833 4 years ago

Joined the club today. Im really liking the game so far. I did notice the car gets stuck about halfway sometimes. Is this normal? Someway to fix it? Other than that game is playing fast and im having fun.

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Joined the club today. Im really liking the game so far. I did notice the car gets stuck about halfway sometimes. Is this normal? Someway to fix it? Other than that game is playing fast and im having fun.

Never had mine stop. might have to check it out and see if something hanging it up.

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Only time I had a prob was when the roof of Bumblebee had come off and was under the car.

#836 4 years ago

Anyone looking for plastics protectors for this, Pinbits got them back. I have been looking for a while. Fast game, they help.

#837 4 years ago

Made my own 'pinstadium' lights last night. Cost about $10.. It isn't as color bombed in person, the camera amplifies that a lot. Pretty happy with the result.

The pro was very dark in the middle of the playfied.

img_1653 (resized).jpgimg_1653 (resized).jpg
#838 4 years ago

I find my TF to be one of the darkest in middle of PF if my pins also

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:I find my TF to be one of the darkest in middle of PF if my pins also

Do you have a pro as well?

Quoted from Gov:

Made my own 'pinstadium' lights last night. Cost about $10.. It isn't as color bombed in person, the camera amplifies that a lot. Pretty happy with the result.
The pro was very dark in the middle of the playfied.

I noticed you don't have the lower spotlights. I'm wondering if those were just an LE thing. Here is mine and they are factory.

TF (resized).jpgTF (resized).jpg
#840 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Do you have a pro as well?

I noticed you don't have the lower spotlights. I'm wondering if those were just an LE thing. Here is mine and they are factory.[quoted image]

I believe that was the case. I used to have an LE and it was definitely brighter in the middle.

#841 4 years ago

It is a pity there isn’t an adjustment for setting the number of required shots needed to complete a mode. Most modern game modes are completed in 5 or so shots. It seems like most of the modes in TF are 10 shots to complete. It would make the game seem like less of a wood chopper if you could adjust this imo. Increasing the time helps but not ideal.

Thoughts?

#842 4 years ago

I rarely finish a mode on TF. I also am shitty at pinball

#843 4 years ago

So I have finally joined the club, picked up an LE Combo #415, just before Memorial Day. Played great for a week or two, then Megatron ball trough was giving me issues. After a few weeks of trial and error troubleshooting, turned out to be a faulty opto board. Replaced both opto boards on the trough, and had previously replaced the original connectors with Molex kk .156 connectors. It’s rock solid, and plays great!

I’ll reply to some of the other Megatron issue threads, with what steps I took, before finding my issue.

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

So I have finally joined the club, picked up an LE Combo #415, just before Memorial Day. Played great for a week or two, then Megatron ball trough was giving me issues. After a few weeks of trial and error troubleshooting, turned out to be a faulty opto board. Replaced both opto boards on the trough, and had previously replaced the original connectors with Molex kk .156 connectors. It’s rock solid, and plays great!
I’ll reply to some of the other Megatron issue threads, with what steps I took, before finding my issue.

Transformer le thread … Roll OUT, is a good thread for this. Washers on both upper mounting bolts on megatron helps the optics see the ball. No more ball searches, problem was solved. Really like the game.

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

It is a pity there isn’t an adjustment for setting the number of required shots needed to complete a mode. Most modern game modes are completed in 5 or so shots. It seems like most of the modes in TF are 10 shots to complete. It would make the game seem like less of a wood chopper if you could adjust this imo. Increasing the time helps but not ideal.
Thoughts?

I like the modes in TF. The wood chopping argument people throw at this game is mostly BS IMHO. The only wood chop is starting a mode by hitting shots to light it vs it already being lit. Same thing happens with Maiden but people don't complain... The modes in TF have some good variation to them especially if you play them correctly. I.E. - (think it's ratchet), most people just shoot the lit shot and ignore the pulsing shot. That one is double score and can really blow up scores if you hit them all in order. At the end of the day, almost all mode based pinball machines are the same. Shoot the blinking shot.

If you want to reduce the only argument for "wood chop" in the game set the mode start to extra easy. Then it's 1 or 2 shots to start a mode.

If you want the game easier to complete then adjust the mode timers by increasing them.

The thing that hurts this game mode wise is the lack of knowledge most casual players have. I love getting someone over to the house and see them put up 30 million having what they felt was a great game and me putting up 50 having a worse game but playing things better. I then explain what they could have done and they get hooked. Getting you shot X on the right lanes for the modes you plan to play. When to stack in 2x scoring and strategically changing modes to get to the one you want (I find most don't know that bumblebee changes modes for you). Do you prime your Megatron and Optimus MB's while in Midflaps and Skids and leave one more shot so you can play it again to prime your major MB's or do you complete it, etc. On the surface their isn't much to the game but it does have some good chances to make strategic choices that will impact your end results.

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I like the modes in TF. The wood chopping argument people throw at this game is mostly BS IMHO. The only wood chop is starting a mode by hitting shots to light it vs it already being lit. Same thing happens with Maiden but people don't complain... The modes in TF have some good variation to them especially if you play them correctly. I.E. - (think it's ratchet), most people just shoot the lit shot and ignore the pulsing shot. That one is double score and can really blow up scores if you hit them all in order. At the end of the day, almost all mode based pinball machines are the same. Shoot the blinking shot.
If you want to reduce the only argument for "wood chop" in the game set the mode start to extra easy. Then it's 1 or 2 shots to start a mode.
If you want the game easier to complete then adjust the mode timers by increasing them.
The thing that hurts this game mode wise is the lack of knowledge most casual players have. I love getting someone over to the house and see them put up 30 million having what they felt was a great game and me putting up 50 having a worse game but playing things better. I then explain what they could have done and they get hooked. Getting you shot X on the right lanes for the modes you plan to play. When to stack in 2x scoring and strategically changing modes to get to the one you want (I find most don't know that bumblebee changes modes for you). Do you prime your Megatron and Optimus MB's while in Midflaps and Skids and leave one more shot so you can play it again to prime your major MB's or do you complete it, etc. On the surface their isn't much to the game but it does have some good chances to make strategic choices that will impact your end results.

Will just have to disagree and assume I am a casual....

1 week later
#847 4 years ago

Looking for a Transformers Pro for sale in the Northeast

#848 4 years ago
Quoted from CookyJar:

Looking for a Transformers Pro for sale in the Northeast

Pm sent

1 week later
#849 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

How does bumblebee change the modes?

I thought he was just for double scoring.

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How does bumblebee change the modes?
I thought he was just for double scoring.

Hitting him works like the pop bumpers, the character changes on the lower playfield

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club/page/17?hl=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.