Topic Stats

• 827 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 181 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B35F1E19-429E-42CA-80A4-7B837F61286C (resized).jpeg
2C4AB030-C1FC-4CEC-B62B-62A55768811C (resized).jpeg
20190221_074241 (resized).jpg
pinside2 (resized).jpg
pinside1 (resized).jpg
pinside (resized).jpg
20190217_115634 (resized).jpg
20190217_115626 (resized).jpg
20190217_115703 (resized).jpg
20190217_115525 (resized).jpg
4E7ED44E-4664-42FE-B381-703210CD53E7 (resized).jpeg
A078A875-D5FD-4923-AFBB-0A79583EF2ED (resized).jpeg
9BBF7D68-28AF-4DC1-854E-A74E45BCA39D (resized).jpeg
6B06B943-AD2F-48E3-8444-85500396E024 (resized).jpeg
8FFE0772-3DC4-4B3F-B3E7-CBED3180E5BF (resized).jpeg
2710A77B-53F6-4226-B409-B189BD57D215 (resized).jpeg

There are 827 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
#801 67 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

On my LE he will catch some airballs.

I got an Autobot Le. I haven’t found something that looks good to stop that, yet.

#802 67 days ago

I doubt their is anything. Not sure about yours but mine feels like the coils for the flippers are a bit overpowered for the game. When I finally get the game back (friend is storing until our house is ready) I'm going to put some weaker coils on it. I just did this on my Tron and it made it play SO MUCH better. I'll see how it does on TF.

For starscream I put a piece of door weatherstripping in the back corner which helped with balls getting stuck back their when he diverts the ball to the left lane. Not sure if yours gets stuck their or not too.

#803 67 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I doubt their is anything. Not sure about yours but mine feels like the coils for the flippers are a bit overpowered for the game. When I finally get the game back (friend is storing until our house is ready) I'm going to put some weaker coils on it. I just did this on my Tron and it made it play SO MUCH better. I'll see how it does on TF.
For starscream I put a piece of door weatherstripping in the back corner which helped with balls getting stuck back their when he diverts the ball to the left lane. Not sure if yours gets stuck their or not too.

Yeah, I had a piece of door weatherstripping to do the same thing as I often have them get stuck in the corner when they fall off Starscream. Unfortunately lost the damn piece of rubber before I installed so have to get another one.. I don't mind the ball going off there, it is intentional, just pisses me off when it sticks in the corner and I lose a ball getting it out. I even got super long foreceps to install the rubber easier, just my kids did something with the rubber before I got there.

As for Ironhide, I've only had the ball get stuck up on him once ever in the year I've had the game. So not much of a problem for me. I've had the ball get stuck on Megatron exactly once as well but no idea how it did that one.

#804 67 days ago

I got some parts from pinball life and made basically a really long post that is screwed into the wood side rail. It sticks up in the corner where the ball got stuck on starscreams far front left platform. 100% keeps the ball from getting stuck there.

Also have some pinball foam on the rail itself so when the ball falls off the left side it will roll off into the left orbit lane 100%

I can take some pics and get a part list together if anyone is interested.

#805 67 days ago

Found a post in this thread where I had pics and what I did already.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club/page/11#post-3580806

#806 67 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Please post your findings on a different coil. I think that would help. Airballs are an issue. I made a post behind Megatron with a rubber ring to keep balls out of there. Helps a lot.

#807 67 days ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Please post your findings on a different coil. I think that would help. Airballs are an issue. I made a post behind Megatron with a rubber ring to keep balls out of there. Helps a lot.

Will do. Will be a couple months though as my house isn't scheduled to close till mid Feb. Then the fun part of moving 6 machines upstairs starts

Quoted from Rickwh:

Found a post in this thread where I had pics and what I did already.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club/page/11#post-3580806

Dang, forgot about this. I'll have to do that for sure.

#808 63 days ago

Finally got some illuminated flipper buttons from Comet for my Combo LE. Love the way they look. And took like 2 mins to install.

6B06B943-AD2F-48E3-8444-85500396E024 (resized).jpeg9BBF7D68-28AF-4DC1-854E-A74E45BCA39D (resized).jpeg
#809 60 days ago

I’m In The club

#810 60 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Finally got some illuminated flipper buttons from Comet for my Combo LE. Love the way they look. And took like 2 mins to install.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice.. they look good.. I have illuminated buttons on my LE combo to but I think mine are both red.. yours are a better match!

#811 60 days ago
Quoted from JMitchell147:

Nice.. they look good.. I have illuminated buttons on my LE combo to but I think mine are both red.. yours are a better match!

Thanks!
Just switch the one side with a purple, JOIN ME
https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smdflex.htm

1 week later
#812 51 days ago

Ever since I installed my cliffy for the megatron scoop, I’ve had ball hang ups when the ball comes down the super skill shot lane into the back of Megatron. Lived with it for a while now. Tried putting layers of Mylar back there to make a ramp up over the edge of the cliffy. Sorta worked.

Finally took the time to tear all that topside apart and I modified the cliffy by cutting out the right hand side of it. I put a layer of Mylar over the edge of the scoop hole directly on the play field.

Haven’t had a ball hang up since.

First game after getting the machine back in place I completed roll out and collected the jackpot on ball 1. Unfortunately I had doublers on all shots but the damn all spark shot where you collect the jackpot... By the end of the game I had completed all the modes but my nemesis mode devastator . For some reason in that mode I just can’t hit shots anymore. It’s a mental block.

Still come back to this game and have fun with it. Underrated for sure.

#813 51 days ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ever since I installed my cliffy for the megatron scoop, I’ve had ball hang ups when the ball comes down the super skill shot lane into the back of Megatron. Lived with it for a while now. Tried putting layers of Mylar back there to make a ramp up over the edge of the cliffy. Sorta worked.
Finally took the time to tear all that topside apart and I modified the cliffy by cutting out the right hand side of it. I put a layer of Mylar over the edge of the scoop hole directly on the play field.
Haven’t had a ball hang up since.
First game after getting the machine back in place I completed roll out and collected the jackpot on ball 1. Unfortunately I had doublers on all shots but the damn all spark shot where you collect the jackpot... By the end of the game I had completed all the modes but my nemesis mode devastator . For some reason in that mode I just can’t hit shots anymore. It’s a mental block.
Still come back to this game and have fun with it. Underrated for sure.

Next time I travel to Fairmont for work you gotta show me how to play. I’ve yet to get Roll Out or Hail Megatron after a year of owning this machine.

#814 51 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Next time I travel to Fairmont for work you gotta show me how to play. I’ve yet to get Roll Out or Hail Megatron after a year of owning this machine.

Sounds good. Gimme a shout next time you are in the area.

2 weeks later
#815 37 days ago

Finallllllllllly!
Was able to get into All Hail Megatron, beat it, then start completing the other side of the board. Best day ever!

Decepticons or die!

4E7ED44E-4664-42FE-B381-703210CD53E7 (resized).jpegA078A875-D5FD-4923-AFBB-0A79583EF2ED (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#816 29 days ago

It's not about who you are but who you know. Just snagged this beautiful LE PF, never installed in a game. In a box, standing straight up in the closet away from the sun. Someday.... : )!

20190217_115525 (resized).jpg20190217_115626 (resized).jpg20190217_115634 (resized).jpg20190217_115703 (resized).jpg

#817 29 days ago

I've been making my own art blades for some of my games. Made and installed a transformers set the other day, I have an Epson ultra pro gallery printer, and I got a roll of fat head like material -Pretty happy with how they turned out.

pinside (resized).jpgpinside1 (resized).jpgpinside2 (resized).jpg
#818 28 days ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

I've been making my own art blades for some of my games. Made and installed a transformers set the other day, I have an Epson ultra pro gallery printer, and I got a roll of fat head like material -Pretty happy with how they turned out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like how you used the animated version. I would love to retheme this whole game as the 80s version.

#819 28 days ago
Quoted from NPO:

It's not about who you are but who you know. Just snagged this beautiful LE PF, never installed in a game. In a box, standing straight up in the closet away from the sun. Someday.... : )!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice find. I have one as well that HSA did a clear coat job too. One day, I'll find the time to swap it in.

#820 25 days ago

I'm playing pinball before work from now on. Holy shit!!!

20190221_074241 (resized).jpg
#821 21 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Finallllllllllly!
Was able to get into All Hail Megatron, beat it, then start completing the other side of the board. Best day ever!
Decepticons or die!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Get a color DMD in your game.

It does wonders for the video clips.

I went with the Color LED...to each their own!

#822 21 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Get a color DMD in your game.
It does wonders for the video clips.
I went with the Color LED...to each their own!

Yeah I want a color DMD bad, I just get the shakes and close the order screen every time I see the $400 total

#823 21 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Yeah I want a color DMD bad, I just get the shakes and close the order screen every time I see the $400 total

Mines got one and the total was closer to 650$ Cad before it gets here. Well worth it best mod ever.

#824 21 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Go for the color LED...only starts with a 3.

Transformers is a definite must for Color DMD.

#825 21 days ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Mines got one and the total was closer to 650$ Cad before it gets here. Well worth it best mod ever.

Yeah....this.
The price tag stops me

#826 20 days ago

All 3 of my games have color did support that people rave about. So my problem is that I can't just get it for one... id have to get 3. So 1200 is not trivial.

#827 14 days ago

Its a tiny mod but I like it. Thanks aurich for making these!

2C4AB030-C1FC-4CEC-B62B-62A55768811C (resized).jpegB35F1E19-429E-42CA-80A4-7B837F61286C (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
5,500 (Firm)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Langley, BC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 827 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside