IMG_0203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230921_124735_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230921_124537 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 TOON PST 1 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 MOVIE PST 1 (resized).jpg
20230305_212253 (resized).jpg
20230305_210325 (resized).jpg
333661056_195116936536825_1559884088788685422_n (resized).jpg
There are 1,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 25.
#552 7 years ago

DOes anyone know if you can get a spare Optimus Prime bash toy?

I would love to see somebody mod Optimus so that his eyes light up with some small LEDs, specifically when the ramp is activated, but I'm terrified of monkeying around with anything on the PF as is.

Anybody else got any mod ideas for this game? Saw a couple ppl adding hasbromaction figures. It just seems to scream for more!

#553 7 years ago
Quoted from Rustyck:

I would love to see somebody mod Optimus so that his eyes light up with some small LEDs, specifically when the ramp is activated, but I'm terrified of monkeying around with anything on the PF as is.
Anybody else got any mod ideas for this game? Saw a couple ppl adding hasbromaction figures. It just seems to scream for more!

I added a Starscream figure over the pop bumpers on my Pro.

#554 7 years ago

I put a blue flasher in the all spark.

Does Marco have any Optimus primes?

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from Rustyck:

Search for robo fighters heres a link to ebay for 3 figures.

ebay.com link: 3 Transformers Dark of the Moon Robo Fighters Optimus Prime Megatron Starscream

#556 7 years ago

Here are a few pictures. Hope this helps.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

2 things fellow Autobots.
1 - My Megatron lock wasn't working too well lately. So I decided to take it apart and clean it...OMG, I can't believe how much crap built up in the locking mechanism. I was at it for a long while polishing it.
2 - I need help. Can any LE owners take a picture of the the left ramp, where the ball falls from the upper ramp down to the lower ramp. There's a piece of plastic to help guide the ball...does that go on the inner if the bottom ramp or the outer of the bottom ramp?
I took apart to put the cliffy on and forgot how it went back together.
Thanks!

IMG_2941 (resized).JPGIMG_2941 (resized).JPG

IMG_2942 (resized).JPGIMG_2942 (resized).JPG

IMG_2943 (resized).JPGIMG_2943 (resized).JPG

IMG_2944 (resized).JPGIMG_2944 (resized).JPG

#557 7 years ago
Quoted from AirWolfNH:

Here are a few pictures. Hope this helps.

Sweet!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

1 week later
#558 7 years ago

Got a question - I have LE. When I play the relay on the PCB in the head of the machine seems to fire off (click) when all the LEDS flicker during game play? Several times during a game. It seems like this is normal, but just checking.

thx.

#560 7 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Got a question - I have LE. When I play the relay on the PCB in the head of the machine seems to fire off (click) when all the LEDS flicker during game play? Several times during a game. It seems like this is normal, but just checking.
thx.

Perfectly normal.

#561 7 years ago

Got my pinballbulbs spotlights in the mail yesterday. They make a whole new game experience of my TF PRO. No DARK of the moon any more. Totally worth the money. As bright as recent STERN games now.

IMG_1190 (resized).JPGIMG_1190 (resized).JPG
IMG_1189 (resized).JPGIMG_1189 (resized).JPG

#562 7 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

Got my pinballbulbs spotlights in the mail yesterday. They make a whole new game experience of my TF PRO. No DARK of the moon any more. Totally worth the money. As bright as recent STERN games now.

I love their double spots, some of my games have 4 of them. Now ya just have to put a purple or white strip in the center drain to light that area.

#563 7 years ago

Anyone have thoughts on this one? (LE version)

On my mini playfield in the upper right....when the ball goes up the ramp, the cherry switch on the ramp fires and lifts the gate (at this point the gate makes some high pitch vibration noise). As I put my hand on the gate it is vibrating. Note the ball does make it into the mini playfield.

When the mode is over the ball is supposed to exit via the lift gate. However, the lift gate struggles to lift to get out of the way of the ball.

Figured a bad coil; however, when I put the machine in diagnostic mode and fire the lift gate manually it lifts right away (very snappy and no vibration noise).

So what is the difference? Is there somewhere happening different in play mode vs diagnostic mode? Maybe not as much electrical power to the coil in play mode vs diagnostic mode. If this is true how do I change this?

Any ideas on this one?

thx again!

#564 7 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

Can you take some pics of the way you have bumblebee mounted there on the sign. I bought the figure but havent worked on how to get him in there.

#565 7 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

Thank you for posting this, I've been wanting to know if it's worth it. Did you buy there entire upgraded lighting kit?

I just put an LED ColorDMD in my TF and it looks amazing in a darkened room, but the game really needs more light on the playfield.

#566 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I guess my IH playfield is rubbered wrong too... im second owner, but ive never had it apart. I dunno if it came from factory this way or not.

Did you find out - my guess is the factory changed it to this. My LE is identical rubbers as yours ....done the exact same way as yours.

Just found out: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/35137

Here is a brand new one...with the rubbers installed like ours from the factory on the min playfield. So Stern manual was never updated. With that said...did Stern cheap out and save a few pennies and is the multiple rubbers on mini playfield better as stated in the original manual. Don't know.

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Thank you for posting this, I've been wanting to know if it's worth it. Did you buy there entire upgraded lighting kit?
I just put an LED ColorDMD in my TF and it looks amazing in a darkened room, but the game really needs more light on the playfield.

It's totally worth it. And a piece of cake installing it.
I ordered no complete kit because I had already LEDs in my TF. Just the no soldering spotlight kit is what I needed. Per kit you get a double spotlight with all you need to install it. Even differnet LEDs and and different hardware parts are included so it fits on every possible game.
I ordered two kits. One for left and one for right side.

This one:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-no-solder-spotlight-kits

#568 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Can you take some pics of the way you have bumblebee mounted there on the sign. I bought the figure but havent worked on how to get him in there.

I am not at home for a couple of days but I found a pic that should show where it is attached on.
First you take off his legs of course.
Don't attach it to the extra ball sign because the figure is too heavy for it and when the spinner spins the whole assembly whould shake.
I took a bent metal plate and drilled a hole in each of the two ends. One end is attached with a screw into the side of Bumblebees hip. The other end is attached with the existing screw in the game of the ramp seen in the picture. It sits there nice and tight.
Hope that helped.

Bumblebee mount on ramp (resized).jpgBumblebee mount on ramp (resized).jpg

#569 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I love their double spots, some of my games have 4 of them. Now ya just have to put a purple or white strip in the center drain to light that area.

I hear ya.

#570 7 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

I am not at home for a couple of days but I found a pic that should show where it is attached on.
First you take off his legs of course.
Don't attach it to the extra ball sign because the figure is too heavy for it and when the spinner spins the whole assembly whould shake.
I took a bent metal plate and drilled a hole in each of the two ends. One end is attached with a screw into the side of Bumblebees hip. The other end is attached with the existing screw in the game of the ramp seen in the picture. It sits there nice and tight.
Hope that helped.

Thanks!

#571 7 years ago

On my mini playfield in the upper right....when the ball goes up the ramp, the cherry switch on the ramp fires and lifts the gate (at this point the gate makes some high pitch vibration noise). As I put my hand on the gate it is vibrating. Note the ball does make it into the mini playfield.

When the mode is over the ball is supposed to exit via the lift gate. However, the lift gate struggles to lift to get out of the way of the ball.

UPDATE....Figured a bad coil; however, when I put the machine in diagnostic mode and fire the lift gate manually it lifts right away and drops (goes up and no vibration noise). However, in diagnostic mode it does not hold the lift gate as long - maybe the difference.

Any ideas on this one? Thinking of replacing the coil.....

thx again!

#572 7 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

UPDATE....Figured a bad coil; however, when I put the machine in diagnostic mode and fire the lift gate manually it lifts right away and drops (goes up and no vibration noise). However, in diagnostic mode it does not hold the lift gate as long - maybe the difference.
Any ideas on this one? Thinking of replacing the coil.....
thx again!

Call stern they helped me when I had this issue with my LE way long time ago. I think the fix was the wire going to the gate needed more slack or something like that and was snagging the gate from opening during gameplay.

#573 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I put dead foam in mine a while back and it got better. I didnt see and difference with the cliffy. There still is a bounce back every once in a while.

Hi - I have a question. (let me say in advance up to this point the many, many cliffys I have purchased have been flawless).

Installed the cliffy's. The Megatron installed fairly quickly. However, I now get my ball hung up occasionally on the lip of the cliffy - very annoying. Of course I have tried taking apart and adjust it and other stuff around it - pain in the ***. Adjusted ball guides, adjusted leg height - overall pitch of machine...nothing works...so far. (note, I have adjust and changed like 5 times now...)

So, has anyone else had this problem and what has been there solution.

IMG_3264 (resized).JPGIMG_3264 (resized).JPG
IMG_3266 (resized).JPGIMG_3266 (resized).JPG

#574 7 years ago

I put Mylar next to it to get the ball to the same height as the cliffy. Works almost every time.

#575 7 years ago

Yep i layered up the mylar in the back of the megatron scoop. Talked to cliffy and he said future runs hed include some or make the cliffy have a gap there.

#576 7 years ago

Ok, Cliffy responded....mylar on its way. I guess a common problem. If that don't fix it....my plan is to cut out that section.

#577 7 years ago

Epic game yesterday. Got to battle for cybertron and about half way back around to roll out mode after that.

Battle for cybertron mode ended really soon. Ive been there once before but it was a while ago. Yesterday i think the shot to the cube lane was lit at same time i shot it to start battle for cybertron. It awarded me a add a ball. So i was in battle for cybertron with 2 ball multiball.

When the first of those two balls drained battle for cybertron ended.

Still posted up a good GC score of 395M

20170329_154248 (resized).jpg20170329_154248 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#578 7 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did you find out - my guess is the factory changed it to this. My LE is identical rubbers as yours ....done the exact same way as yours.
Just found out: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/35137
Here is a brand new one...with the rubbers installed like ours from the factory on the min playfield. So Stern manual was never updated. With that said...did Stern cheap out and save a few pennies and is the multiple rubbers on mini playfield better as stated in the original manual. Don't know.

Not sure which is correct now then but I swapped over to how the manual represents them and I can tell you that I get a lot more action in my mini PF than before. Now I can actually work the ball up the PF where before it would never do anything but stay at the same height.

2 months later
#579 6 years ago

To make my game more fun, here's what I did:

My special is set to extra balls. I changed the Iron Hide playfield to only be active for 5 seconds. I also changed the Iron Hide playfield award from 30,000 up to 50,000.

Before, I was getting way too many extra balls, which in turn made the game too easy. Now I introduced the challenge back into the game.

3 weeks later
#580 6 years ago

Just joined the Club!!

IMG_2177 (resized).JPGIMG_2177 (resized).JPG

#581 6 years ago

Just gotta put that Cube Thingy on there. I have it and the little screw...just gotta figure out how to do it.....

IMG_2172 (resized).JPGIMG_2172 (resized).JPG

IMG_2173 (resized).JPGIMG_2173 (resized).JPG

#582 6 years ago

Are Cliffy's needed anywhere on Transformers?

#583 6 years ago

Cliffy's for Megatron and All-Spark shot.

I recommend a blue flasher for the all spark.

All flashers should be updated to LED. The pop bumper flasher burns out extremely fast.

#584 6 years ago

Get yourself a ColorDMD for that bad boy. Makes the move clips come alive.....

Later,
EV

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Cliffy's for Megatron and All-Spark shot.

Thanks! ....Now if I only knew what that meant!
Is one place the kick out hole on the left?

#586 6 years ago

All-spark is the kickout on the left and Megatron is the center shot.

I do like the blue in the allspark as well but I actually do not recommend a LED in there. That flasher actually fades in and out and you lose that with the LED. I put LED flashers in other places but on TF I kept the incandescent in the All-spark as well as the ones above the inlanes (all 3 have fading in the game).

The All-spark just goes together with a couple screws. Should be pretty easy to figure out but if you get stuck let us know and we can walk you through it.

Congrats on the game. IMHO it's much better than the negativity hype it's given. Great bang for the buck.

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I do like the blue in the allspark as well but I actually do not recommend a LED in there. That flasher actually fades in and out and you lose that with the LED.

I started with purple then migrated to green for the allspark. I thought the table needed some green on it and it's tied into one of mezel mods under the cabinet lighting kits which is phenomenal for this game. I have LEDs from pinball life that are 12 volts flashers that fade in and out nicely with this game. Sent pic.

15003268905832111187673 (resized).jpg15003268905832111187673 (resized).jpg

#588 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I do like the blue in the allspark as well but I actually do not recommend a LED in there. That flasher actually fades in and out and you lose that with the LED. I put LED flashers in other places but on TF I kept the incandescent in the All-spark as well as the ones above the inlanes (all 3 have fading in the game).
The All-spark just goes together with a couple screws. Should be pretty easy to figure out but if you get stuck let us know and we can walk you through it.
Congrats on the game. IMHO it's much better than the negativity hype it's given. Great bang for the buck.

I agree! It's a fun game!
I went to Cliffy's website, but see nothing for Transformers.
I'll take a picture with lights on and maybe you can guide me from there...
I have to try to get that Cube Thingy on .....

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I agree! It's a fun game!
I went to Cliffy's website, but see nothing for Transformers.
I'll take a picture with lights on and maybe you can guide me from there...
I have to try to get that Cube Thingy on .....

Contact him directly...he has them.

#590 6 years ago

Just did. He contacted me.
I just noticed there are signatures on the backglass!!

IMG_2195 a (resized).jpgIMG_2195 a (resized).jpg
IMG_2196 a (resized).jpgIMG_2196 a (resized).jpg

#591 6 years ago

Played a few games last night! Fun! Finally got the Cube Thingy on there! The post it's on is very wobbly...is it supposed to be like that? How many balls is in this game?? Multiball is a blast! Still not sure how or when that slide side to side thingy is activated.
Dind't know the game had a shaker motor and it scared the shit out of me!

IMG_2186 (resized).JPGIMG_2186 (resized).JPG

#592 6 years ago

4 balls

The side to side thingy is activated when you spell Ironhide.

Upper left thing that rotates, is when you spell Starscream.

#593 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Upper left thing that rotates, is when you spell Starscream.

Ahhh, you mean the big toy figure upper left? When I get the ball up there I thought it was just moving because the ball hit it....

Now trying to figure out how to protect the playfield in a few places....Cliffy's, TripleThick (painted on) or mylar....

#594 6 years ago

Also, I have a couple smudges on the powdercoated lockdown bar.....can this be buffed out or fixed in any way. (sorry I'm asking all these questions, but as you know, I know nothing....

IMG_2183 (resized).JPGIMG_2183 (resized).JPG

IMG_2184 (resized).JPGIMG_2184 (resized).JPG

#595 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ahhh, you mean the big toy figure upper left? When I get the ball up there I thought it was just moving because the ball hit it....
Now trying to figure out how to protect the playfield in a few places....Cliffy's, TripleThick (painted on) or mylar....

It moves when you hit the target in the back. When you spell Starscream, it starts a hurry up where it keeps rotating back and forth. When you hit the rear target 3 times during the hurry up, it lights the extra ball.

#596 6 years ago

Powder Coat can really hard to buff out if it's a scratch that can be buffed out. I would just live with it unless you know what you are doing.

The stand for the All Spark shouldn't be wobbly. If it is it probably needs to be screwed in more.

Looking at your picture it looks like your megatron drop target is sitting below the playfield when down. It really should be flush to prevent wear there. Their is a set screw under the PF that will adjust that.

#597 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It moves when you hit the target in the back. When you spell Starscream, it starts a hurry up where it keeps rotating back and forth. When you hit the rear target 3 times during the hurry up, it lights the extra ball.

Thanks!

Quoted from 85vett:

I would just live with it unless you know what you are doing.

Thanks...I do not!

Quoted from 85vett:

Their is a set screw under the PF that will adjust that.

Way beyond my pay grade! (but I got a guy, er, lizard)

#598 6 years ago

What version should the machine have? I thought it said 1.8 when I turned it on last night....
How do you upgrade if needed?

#599 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What version should the machine have? I thought it said 1.8 when I turned it on last night....
How do you upgrade if needed?

Ted, your too funny. Those Sigars are getting to you. Go onto Sterns web page. Go into the code section and look for transformers. Download the latest le code and then put it on a USB stick.
Take off the back glass. There is a USB port. But you have to switch one of the jumpers. I can email you the stern instructions if you don't have it. The manual should have the instructions. Do you have the manual?

#600 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Ted, your too funny.

True!

Quoted from Vyzer2:Go into the code section and look for transformers. Download the latest le code and then put it on a USB stick.

Ok....have never done this before. Does it matter if it's a Mac or PC?

Quoted from Vyzer2:

But you have to switch one of the jumpers.

Whatever the hell that means!

Quoted from Vyzer2:

Do you have the manual?

Yes....like THAT would help ME!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.